Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Any anime-related search on YouTube will yield a clip subbed in Spanish or Portuguese within 2 pages. The occasional dub is always blessed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Hulk "Brown" Hogan

Hulk Hogan Poop Shoes

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I read somewhere that a lot of "teenage mischief" of the explosives and vandalism kind are mostly because of lead poisoning. When boomers are all "i rode around strapped to the front of my buddy's pickup and i turned out fine" a lot of that risky behavior is caused by brain damage from leaded gasoline. Like, toddlers would absolutely destroy mailboxes if they could, but by the time they gain the ability to do stuff like that, they've also developed enough mentally to not do stuff like that for the most part. Boomers were brain damaged, and rich kids never had to grow up or mentally develop. Some people are just lovely/crazy too though.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Clitch posted:

Any anime-related search on YouTube will yield a clip subbed in Spanish or Portuguese within 2 pages. The occasional dub is always blessed.

The fact that you've searched anime on yt was bad enough but talking about going pages deep into the search :psypop:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Neito posted:

No. It's Titties Upperclassman.

(Sempai/Senpai means "Upperclassman" or "Person who's been here longer than me that I respect". Sensei means teacher. And yes, I know, trap sprung)
Knowing things... is never a trap. :google:

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Clitch posted:

Or occasionally with old obscure 90s anime they'll be the first results because the show never got much/any playtime in English markets but did in Latin markets.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Inceltown posted:

The fact that you've searched anime on yt was bad enough but talking about going pages deep into the search :psypop:

The only acceptable search to go pages deep on is a Google Scholar search, when you need to pad out your reference section for a paper due in the morning.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Biplane posted:

Holy gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jndqoHlAX1U

There's also British, German and Spanish versions of the movies. They basically licensed the whole premise and plot and even reused the music.

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster

Tashilicious posted:

I mean, someone driving up onto laws to smash snowmen and mailboxes is being more than engaging in a bit of mischief. That is downright reckless behaviour that could easily end in injury or death for someone outside of the car. So if they run into a hydrant snowman while they are driving on the lawn/sidewalk, gently caress them.

how many slaps to melt a smowmans

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

A Moose posted:

I read somewhere that a lot of "teenage mischief" of the explosives and vandalism kind are mostly because of lead poisoning. When boomers are all "i rode around strapped to the front of my buddy's pickup and i turned out fine" a lot of that risky behavior is caused by brain damage from leaded gasoline. Like, toddlers would absolutely destroy mailboxes if they could, but by the time they gain the ability to do stuff like that, they've also developed enough mentally to not do stuff like that for the most part. Boomers were brain damaged, and rich kids never had to grow up or mentally develop. Some people are just lovely/crazy too though.

Nah, pretty sure it's because teenagers are idiots with hormones bouncing off the walls.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

There's some interesting theories about the lead poisoning from the start of the 50s into the 90s. It's possibly responsible for the big up swing in violence during the time. Yes being lovely teenagers contributed.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Man, if HH (Hulk Hogan) told me "poop in my gym, brother", I would absolutely go poo poo in his gym.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Literally every kid my age in Venezuela watched either Dragon Ball Z, Sailor Moon and Saint Seiya.

I think it was a combination of there not being that many other cartoons airing every day after school (most of the American ones were stuck airing weekends), a pretty decent translation effort (for the time) and the massive amount of Chinese knockoff cheap toys. Not many could afford a gi-joe but a piece of plastic coloured to look like Goku went for the price of two arepas.

I also suspect licencing them was cheaper than american cartoons so you'd see more and more anime on tv as time went on.

Forgive me for reaching back to the previous page just to dunk on the kids you grew up with, but who wouldn't choose 2 arepas in that situation ?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Goodpancakes posted:

There's some interesting theories about the lead poisoning from the start of the 50s into the 90s. It's possibly responsible for the big up swing in violence during the time. Yes being lovely teenagers contributed.

teens were also far, far more bored before mass electronic entertainment

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Someone who ready had two arepas

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Who What Now posted:

But arepas aren't permanent. You only have 2 until you've eaten them :(

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Lady Disdain posted:

But arepas aren't permanent. You only have 2 until you've eaten them :(

Same goes for a Goku figurine though

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Screaming Idiot posted:

Same goes for a Goku figurine though

Exactly. So given the choice, who would choose 1 plastic-flavoured Goku over 2 delicious arepas ?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Lady Disdain posted:

Exactly. So given the choice, who would choose 1 plastic-flavoured Goku over 2 delicious arepas ?

bitch you best not be hating on my delicious plastic

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Lady Disdain posted:

Who What Now posted:

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I did not know a poop journal could have perfect comedic timing but here we are

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Why do they have my post history?

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

luxury handset posted:

teens were also far, far more bored before mass electronic entertainment

This also partially explains falling teen pregnancy and alcoholism rates!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

As well as the higher suicide rates

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...
Did somebody mention the Olsen Gang?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoElvKXKdaA

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

:captainpop:

how many of these movies are there? how many of them are this good?

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Doc Hawkins posted:

:captainpop:

how many of these movies are there? how many of them are this good?

There are fourteen. The first few ones are much weaker, since they hadn't worked out the basic formula yet. This scene is the highlight of the whole series (IMHO), but the others aren't bad either.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Another thing to mention is that the title music and background music was written by Bent Fabricius Bjerre, who also wrote the music to Flåklypa/Pinchcliffe Grand Prix.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Lady Disdain posted:

Forgive me for reaching back to the previous page just to dunk on the kids you grew up with, but who wouldn't choose 2 arepas in that situation ?

I'm with you, and I was poor enough for it to be an actual choice between the two, but not everyone did, I guess. Not that I wouldn't consider trading my Switch for 200 arepas right now, though.

The Chinese knockoff Saint Seiya figures were pretty badass though. They were articulated and you could take the armor on and off (and lose half of the pieces immediately)

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Thanks. Now I understand.

Hugoon Chavez posted:

I'm with you, and I was poor enough for it to be an actual choice between the two, but not everyone did, I guess. Not that I wouldn't consider trading my Switch for 200 arepas right now, though.

The Chinese knockoff Saint Seiya figures were pretty badass though. They were articulated and you could take the armor on and off (and lose half of the pieces immediately)

This is the correct answer.

Lady Disdain has a new favorite as of 11:45 on Dec 4, 2019

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://i.imgur.com/BjCuzDD.mp4

Sound on

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

It's TAPE!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Illegal Hen
Well, now we know who's the rightful king of… wherever they are.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXmwK2-R2dY

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

A Moose posted:

Also vaccines cause autism.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Autism-spectrum people are statistically overrepresented in the field of medical research, so it would be more accurate to say that autism causes vaccines

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Love finding weapons definitely used for murder with my friends!!

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Love finding weapons definitely used for murder with my friends!!

Wanna start a webring?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Groda posted:

Yeah, so what's the deal with Latin America and Dragonball Z? Has that always been a thing?

I dunno, I guess is one of the few animes we had on open TV while growing up. That and saint seya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The only episode of Dragon Ball I ever watched was when I was in Berlin on the day they tore down the wall in 89. It was dubbed in German so I didn't understand much.