Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

twistedmentat posted:

I only played for like a few hours, but it feels more like Call of Duty : Halo. You're part of a squad that does squad things. I'm enjoying it enough.

That's enough of a twist for me to give it a try, thanks.

Subnautica didn't click with me; I really hate resource gathering. The environment was incredible, but I just wanted to be free to explore it without having to upgrade my base and gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Fuligin posted:

Uhh, is it normal for the PC beta app to just randomly uninstall your games? I fired it up to install the MCC and find that it's downloading all of Darksiders 3 over again for no goddamn reason

This happened to me with Gears of War 4 and I'm not sure why it happened. That game is like 150GB so it was a total hassle. It hasn't happened again but I don't know what caused it in the first place.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

wezmon posted:

Okay, I figured it out. It depends on how you log on to the Windows store. I googled "Halo Reach Windows Store" and got a page that had reach listed as Console game pass only. I then found a link from a news story that was an identical looking page, but had pc game pass included.

Honestly the whole Microsoft Store experience is truly loving abysmal. Anytime I need to search for, install or update a game it's like pulling teeth. Forza Horizon 4 took me 2 weeks and several unsuccessful "download/delete/reset store" cycles. The fact that Microsoft is so bad at this on their own platform is baffling.

There's no obvious way to tell if you're looking at the PC or console game page from the URL or anything.

You need to scroll a bit down and it will say Available On, and either Xbox One or PC.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
look me in the eye and tell me game pass doesn't stomp

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1202231955594477569?s=19

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Doesn't even include Witcher 3. Nice to see pes2020 since 2019 is leaving.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

John Romero posted:

look me in the eye and tell me game pass doesn't stomp

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1202231955594477569?s=19

Wandersong was on pc game pass and it's very twee looking but I really had fun with it.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Wandersong is the best game on that list besides pathologic

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Naruto to Boruto :dukedoge:

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

PC Game Pass is getting Pedro, Pathologic 2, and Demon's Tilt with some others.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/12/04/new-xbox-game-pass-pc-december-2019/

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Wasn't the Division already on game pass?

Fully addicted to civ 6 now btw. It's so complicated, very hard to get your head around, but very fun when you do.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

The most important part of this new update:

quote:

Patch Notes Update

Other than all the games, we’ve got some updates coming to the Xbox (Beta) App coming next week:

Theme your background with one of 15 game options like Forza, Halo, Gears, and some great others.
View your achievements, and quickly set the achievement art as your PC Desktop wallpaper.
View other gamer’s profiles, see the games they’ve played, and their achievement history.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
overcooked 2 will make for some fun family playing

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Celexi posted:

overcooked 2 will make for some fun family playing

Remove all blunt and sharp objects within 10 feet of the tv.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

https://twitter.com/xboxp3/status/1202354057047728128?s=21

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Xbox Stays Winning

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Scarlett is two consoles, one discless with the tflops of ps4 pro and a modern cpu codensme lockhart, the other codenamed anaconda is the actual next gen unit.

Neither of these consoles will have exclusives and all 4 xbox skus will be supported with games.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Scarlett is two consoles, one discless with the tflops of ps4 pro and a modern cpu codensme lockhart, the other codenamed anaconda is the actual next gen unit.

Neither of these consoles will have exclusives and all 4 xbox skus will be supported with games.

A modern cpu would probably help a ton with current games.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Real hurthling! posted:

Sucks that microsoft is doing the most gamer friendly poo poo and people will still say "lol no exclusives, xbox sucks, sure wish I could play PS2 games on my PS4"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They definitely changing up the paradigm. Luckily pc remains the best xbox

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

Sucks that microsoft is doing the most gamer friendly poo poo and people will still say "lol no exclusives, xbox sucks, sure wish I could play PS2 games on my PS4"

The most "gamer" friend poo poo would be making good games

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Nah why would we need new, exciting, exclusive games or PS2 classics when we can pay to play old games nobody wants like...The Division 1.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I’m done with Xbox lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1202539427110817797

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Vanquish is good.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I absolutely HATE IT when there aren’t enough TFLOPS!!!!!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Well, theoretically I think maintaining the current gen makes sense; as I've said multiple times before, I don't see how you can build a game for some whiz-bang new system that runs at 4K60 but also does stuff that's flat-out impossible to make function at 900p30 on the current machines or whatever. But lol sucks to be a dev working on four SKUs just for Xbox.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Publishers are already gonna be like "make it work on the base PS4 too" anyway

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
MGSV was cross generation while still looking like a true next gen game on current consoles.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

MGSV was great on PS3/360, totally uncompromised gameplay-wise and perfectly playable on those consoles. So was Destiny 1, for that matter. And GTA 5, a.k.a. also the best-selling game on THIS gen.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
My Friend Pedro is out on Game Pass PC. also some other games that are supposed to be good but that I don’t care about personally (Faeria, Farming Simulator, EUIV)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Finally a rumor that allows me to begin wildly tweeting its obvious proof Microsoft is buying Platinum and launching Scarlett with Wonderful 102

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Scalebound hype!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im getting inside rumors that the next Banjo Kazooie game while be a character action game

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

univbee posted:

MGSV was great on PS3/360, totally uncompromised gameplay-wise and perfectly playable on those consoles. So was Destiny 1, for that matter. And GTA 5, a.k.a. also the best-selling game on THIS gen.

It still cracks me the gently caress up that the Game of the Generation (it's true motherfuckers) is a janky last-gen port with broken online they never bothered to make a Pro/X patch for.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

y do u guys keep saying game of the generation but then talk about something thats not bloodborne??

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ethanol posted:

y do u guys keep saying game of the generation but then talk about something thats not bloodborne??

Bloodborne is good but it’s not still ranking on sales charts 7 years after its release.

edit why are my apostrophes being eaten?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ethanol posted:

Badbore

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

im flipping out at my screen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
https://twitter.com/klobrille/status/1202584595352498176?s=20