Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Thing is, they have all those options for moves and it takes hours to put a character together, but I would say situations never arise for at least 25% of that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That NJPW card collecting game came out in English. It’s very dumb and way too expensive, but at least I get to collect .JPEGs of my favorite wrestlers!

Also, this ad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umeHmjBFt5A

Taintrunner fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Nov 29, 2019

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

The seated crouching inverse nollie move categories are probably the best example of how, mostly in good faith and just wanting to make the game a little better every year (within their limitations, the yearly schedule crunch etc), they've created a horrible cludge monster. But yeah, you don't actually have to touch a lot of it. Just use someone in the game who's sorta similar as a base for the stuff you don't want to bother with.

edit: also there are 35 different taunt categories lmao why

Fat Lowtax fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Nov 29, 2019

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I love to set up my weight detection moveset for my super heavyweight CAW in case idk i wrestle a truck or something

Takuan
May 6, 2007

There are 86 move categories in WWE 2k games and yet you need a special skill to do top rope moves. I've made 2 characters so far and it's taken me about 4 sessions a piece to finish them. 1 for their looks, 2 for their movesets, and 1 for their entrances.

But, hey, it's black friday! What else do have going on? Nothing, that's what. Come watch some electronic wrestling for like an hour and a half!
https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Taintrunner posted:

That NJPW card collecting game came out in English. It’s very dumb and way too expensive, but at least I get to collect .JPEGs of my favorite wrestlers!

Also, this ad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umeHmjBFt5A

Yeah it’s really dumb and the interface sucks compared to the Topps card collection games. As far as I can tell there’s no way to just search for a card you want and find people to trade for it?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

basically half the visual concepts dev crew quit this week. don't expect any further 2k20 patches.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

STONE COLD 64 posted:

basically half the visual concepts dev crew quit this week. don't expect any further 2k20 patches.

After watching the "wha happun?" video about 2k20's incredibly tortured development, and the rumor that 2k21's budget got slashed, I don't blame them. Better to get out now than continue being set up to fail.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They also mentioned that the negative reception and poor sales means there will be a much lower budget next year.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Pope Corky the IX posted:

They also mentioned that the negative reception and poor sales means there will be a much lower budget next year.

Yeah, 2k21 is going to be even more hosed than 2k20 and 2k/Take-two is going to be baffingly confused as to why.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
With the new consoles coming out a month or two after the game usually launches and all the bad blood from 2k20, sales are gonna be near zero anyway. They really should just cancel the series and reboot it a few years down the line if they can piece together anything more fun to play.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

And they still have 3 DLCs for 2k20 left to put out.

Psychepath fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Dec 3, 2019

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Psychepath posted:

With the new consoles coming out a month or two after the game usually launches and all the bad blood from 2k20, sales are gonna be near zero anyway. They really should just cancel the series and reboot it a few years down the line if they can piece together anything more fun to play.

much like the planned friday the 13th dlcs i wouldnt expect them to drop.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

STONE COLD 64 posted:

That's not exactly the same thing. Anything further with Friday the 13th was cancelled because of the ongoing lawsuit from Victor Miller against Sean Cunningham. Assets like the Jason X skin and the Grendle level were finished and about to drop and were legally prevented from doing so.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

They should at least keep the 2k19 servers up longer instead of closing them in May to make up for how bad 20 turned out

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Quitting without another job lined up because of the stink of the game sounds like the kind of BS someone who has never held a job would make up, but I'd absolutely believe burnout and frustration and extremely low morale.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

spongeh posted:

Quitting without another job lined up because of the stink of the game sounds like the kind of BS someone who has never held a job would make up, but I'd absolutely believe burnout and frustration and extremely low morale.

I've quit places and not had anything lined up. poo poo can get real ugly.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

spongeh posted:

less "the stink of the game" and more "absolutely insane work conditions with impossible deadlines a complete lack of resources being endlessly micromanaged and having no clear direction by the design team in a completely devoid of freedom environment" usually, and often, leads to developer walkouts. the EA yearly release with six months of working on two games at once model isn't a sustainable one for companies relying on seasoned devs,

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

spongeh posted:

lol what the gently caress is this, plenty of people hardworking people have told their boss to eat poo poo and walked out.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

STONE COLD 64 posted:

That was a completely different situation. The devs for Friday the 13th couldn't release the Jason X DLC because of a series of lawsuits over who owned the IP rights to Friday the 13th. Also, no customers had already paid for the F13 DLCs on the promise they would get them because there was no Deluxe Edition or whatever.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Thank you, that’s the other part of it.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Dacap posted:

They should at least keep the 2k19 servers up longer instead of closing them in May to make up for how bad 20 turned out

But that wouldn't generate revenue??? Why would 2k do that???

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

The best thing about 2k19 was unlocking a new basic stomp for your MyPlayer and the game not giving you the option to change it.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Psychepath posted:

There’s literally someone in this very thread who buys every new wwe game even if it’s total poo poo and that’s a much wider spread sentiment among other wwe weirdos who refuse to admit anything is bad about their favorite company in general so there will still be people preordering whatever botched abortion 2k21 turns out

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ah i wasnt aware the friday the 13th thing was that tied up into the rights issue. i just knew a few devs who were told one day that their team was off the project and they're dropping all planned development and release of future content immediately.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

So next year we get to look forward to "WWE 2k20 but with half the budget"
I do not know what to make of those who would buy such a thing. Disdain? Pity? Envy? Because there is a definite upside to having standards that low.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

So next year we get to look forward to "WWE 2k20 but with half the budget"
I do not know what to make of those who would buy such a thing. Disdain? Pity? Envy? Because there is a definite upside to having standards that low.

MDickie's WWE Revolution

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MDickie wouldn't be seen dead with credit on WWE2k20

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Rarity posted:

MDickie wouldn't be seen dead with credit on WWE2k20

So there's no downside to making him project lead for 2k21

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im just gonna pre-order AEW/Inner Circle: Revenge on the Nintendo 64(gb model of the Switch)

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

STONE COLD 64 posted:

im just gonna pre-order AEW/Inner Circle: Revenge on the Nintendo 64(gb model of the Switch)

AEW: Lights Out

the backstage assault of modern wrestling games

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Aesop Poprock posted:

There’s literally someone in this very thread who buys every new wwe game even if it’s total poo poo and that’s a much wider spread sentiment among other wwe weirdos who refuse to admit anything is bad about their favorite company in general so there will still be people preordering whatever botched abortion 2k21 turns out

2k20 aside because lmao, I think there is space for simple games that don't try to do too much. I don't hate the conservative licensey games as much as I used to, just as a thing. Of course the WWE devs try to make these look so much more complicated than they actually are, when all you have to do is press R2 at the right time.

Like I never expected this to happen to me, I'm only 28, but I can't get into that many modern story-based games because I feel like I'd rather read a book, and I can't get into that many online multiplayer based games because I feel like I have to get good.

late edit:

Fat Lowtax fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Dec 5, 2019

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Fat Lowtax posted:

I think there is space for simple games that don't try to do too much

Have you tried Pong, Grandad?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Try all new Ball-in-a-cup! It's fun and simple.

Just teasing :). If you're after simple games honestly these days are better than ever with a lot of free options. Just pure gameplay kind of stuff. Hell my daughter's favorite thing to play is Roblox.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Fat Lowtax posted:

2k20 aside because lmao, I think there is space for simple games that don't try to do too much. I don't hate the conservative licensey games as much as I used to, just as a thing. Of course the WWE devs try to make these look so much more complicated than they actually are, when all you have to do is press R2 at the right time.

Like I never expected this to happen to me, I'm only 28, but I can't get into that many modern story-based games because I feel like I'd rather read a book, and I can't get into that many online multiplayer based games because I feel like I have to get good.

read the book dammit. games are all insanely bad nowadays anyway

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

play SLAMMED!

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

The novelization of WWE2k20 is really good and poignant.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Does it cover the characters hair breaking all known physics in the universe because I feel like that was an important plot point

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

In the novel, the two MyPlayer caws gently caress.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Tre is a Christ figure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Basic Chunnel posted:

play SLAMMED!

:emptyquote: