Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol i hate this guy so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
"I didn't vote for Trump, but here's all the reasons I'm going to excuse absolutely everything he did!"

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
Footnote: Turley is not, specifically, a movement conservative rear end in a top hat. He's a law prof with a health condition that requires him to be on camera whenever possible.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

"Psst! Someone might be saying something important! Run away!"

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
"If we impeach this guy we should impeach every political figure that commits a crime, thats a dangerous precedence"

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
If this is the best the GOP can come up, man...

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Every Republican on this comitee look like slaveholders

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

eviltastic posted:

Footnote: Turley is not, specifically, a movement conservative rear end in a top hat. He's a law prof with a health condition that requires him to be on camera whenever possible.

considering this fact, you'd think he'd be better at it

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

This impeachment was fast. Johnson's impeachment was fast. Radicals didn't like either of them. And there was a "trapdoor crime", because that sounds scarier than "impeaching over an affair"

Old Surly
Dec 8, 2004

and all of your troubles are solved and gone
Your dog can get hosed

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
'i'm worried we may set the bar too low for impeachments' says guy famously quoted as saying “the House should not falter in maintaining a bright line for presidential conduct.” during the Clinton impeachment

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

eke out posted:

good username/post combo right here

I think it's cheap and it happens with every woman who comes into the public eye as an authority or strong figure. I don't know how to put it exactly or how to post well in general so please take it the nice and good way

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Remember the time we impeached Clinton for lying to Congress? I do, I was there. I'm worried that impeaching a president for way more and worse offenses lowers the bar for future impeachments.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

A lot of people are mad for a good goddamn reason you incredible cretin. Also the fact that not all evidence is above board yet is solely due to Trump's frustrating the evidence-gathering process you immense

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Old Surly posted:

Your dog can get hosed

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe
"u mad?"
-GOP lawyer

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I want to be a joke writer for impeachment inquiry opening statements

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

zonohedron posted:

This impeachment was fast. Johnson's impeachment was fast. Radicals didn't like either of them. And there was a "trapdoor crime", because that sounds scarier than "impeaching over an affair"

Andrew Johnson was a good man who may have had a slight flaw in that he supported allowing the South to set up white supremacist governments that would effectively bring back slavery, but that's no excuse for partisan rancor

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
What is the worry about lowering the bar for impeachment if the Senate will never convict? The nature of how the Senate is staffed and the electorate that determines who to send seems to ensure impeachment of a Republican president an almost permanent impossibility.

This guy sucks so much his dog is mad.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Good! I hope other Presidents ARE held to the same standard if they invite foreign interference, you dick.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
'even my dog is mad' is a phrase uttered by someone who deals with little to no real anger on a daily basis

C411
Jun 22, 2004
STUPID
DICK
Just using my time during a critical point in history to make dumb dog jokes nbd

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Old Surly posted:

Your dog can get hosed

His dog is a good dog, as all dogs are. Turley can get hosed instead.

"This is not how you impeach a president." Nope, dude, this is exactly how you do it

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
What a disingenuous piece of poo poo.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

"They impeached a president whom they despised!" Because congresscritters who take their oath of critterhood seriously should be happy when a president violates his oath of office?

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Bribery/blackmail, interfering with an election, obstructing justice - definitely not crimes, no sir.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
*spoiler alert* Your dog is not mad. Your dog doesn't give a poo poo. Your dog wants food, a belly rub, and a nap. Because it is a dog.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
the dog joke was a good move from a tactical standpoint, it made him more charismatic and people like dogs. he even got a lukewarm laugh bc no one saw it coming, and also bc the word 'goldendoodle' is just silly. jokes get people on your side.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

As a Catholic, let me say: sir, get St. Thomas More's name out of your ugly mouth

this is exactly giving the devil the benefit of law! the president is exactly cutting down laws "for a good purpose" - he's Roper here!

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

*spoiler alert* Your dog is not mad. Your dog doesn't give a poo poo. Your dog wants food, a belly rub, and a nap. Because it is a dog.

My dog gets pretty mad at lizards outside the window.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

StrangersInTheNight posted:

the dog joke was a good move from a tactical standpoint, it made him charismatic and people like dogs. he even got a lukewarm laugh bc no one saw it coming, and also bc the word 'goldendoodle' is just silly. jokes get people on your side.

I was the high-pitched giggle in the gallery.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Sure has a lot of concluding remarks on a 10-minute speech...

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Turley: "Oh it's all so sad, SO SAD, please don't impeach Trump, it would be SO SAD oh boo hoo hoo"

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

...is Trump the devil in this analogy? I don't think he thought that through.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

StrangersInTheNight posted:

the dog joke was a good move from a tactical standpoint, it made him charismatic and people like dogs. he even got a lukewarm laugh bc no one saw it coming, and also bc the word 'goldendoodle' is just silly. jokes get people on your side.

it was literally written in his prepared statement and it barely got a titter because all the journalists that make up most of the room knew it was coming

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

You don't need a defense against any of this if you can spend the whole time taking roll calls..................

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Oh HERE WE GO AGAIN Christ almighty

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

here it comes

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
jfc, can nadler deny these rolls?

eke out posted:

it was literally written in his prepared statement and it barely got a titter because all the journalists that make up most of the room knew it was coming

OH well then nevermind, i didn't know that was what the laugh was for. and probably for him stumbling over the joke as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
:byodood: I MOTION TO SUBPOENA THE WHISTLE BLOWER! :byodood: