Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will LiS2 feature more dead/deabeat parents than LiS1/BTS?
Yes
No
Paul Zuvella, what you are asking it literally not possible.
View Results

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Nevermind, found it.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Dec 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Those of you that explored David's trailer. If you DIDN'T get Veronica captured in the bunker alongside you in LiS1, is there a letter from her? I imagine not if she's not in the bunker to survive the storm. There's a letter from her in my playthrough in his trailer thanking him and checking up on him. And saying how she's in therapy and still having nightmares about Mark Jefferson.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Macaluso posted:

Those of you that explored David's trailer. If you DIDN'T get Veronica captured in the bunker alongside you in LiS1, is there a letter from her? I imagine not if she's not in the bunker to survive the storm. There's a letter from her in my playthrough in his trailer thanking him and checking up on him. And saying how she's in therapy and still having nightmares about Mark Jefferson.

You mean Victoria Considering the game doesn’t load your LiS save data at the beginning like it did with Captain Spirit in episode 2 (it just asks you what ending you picked and nothing more) I assume that’s just there regardless. Not sure yet what changes if you go in there during a Sacrifice Chloe playthrough though.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Dec 3, 2019

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Finished the game. They love ending each of these on a bummer huh?

At first I chose the option to just power through the police barricade, but then Daniel after clearing the way jumped out and didn't come with me into Mexico. I was like gently caress that and restarted the checkpoint, which I never do on these decisions. Cause that's some bullshit. I have no idea what happens after that but I can't imagine it ends happily.

So then I did the other option, which ended somewhat better since Daniel would get to be safe, but still resulted in Sean ending up in prison for 15 years. There's still no happy ending here. They're separated for 15 years, Sean loses out on the rest of his teenage years and just basically loses 15 years of his life. Then at the end of it all they appear to go their separate ways for good.

After seeing all the choices at the end, I almost felt like I should've just turned Daniel into a supervillain if I wanted to keep the two of them together. Cause like the two options I had were, I either taught Daniel to only care about me and him, or as the game puts it "you taught Daniel to do his best to follow society's rules". And the latter, which I got, feels lovely. Being a good person and "following the rules of society" are not the same thing.

Apparently there's three endings? Is it possible to get an ending that ends happier than either of these? Cause drat

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Macaluso posted:

Finished the game. They love ending each of these on a bummer huh?

At first I chose the option to just power through the police barricade, but then Daniel after clearing the way jumped out and didn't come with me into Mexico. I was like gently caress that and restarted the checkpoint, which I never do on these decisions. Cause that's some bullshit. I have no idea what happens after that but I can't imagine it ends happily.

So then I did the other option, which ended somewhat better since Daniel would get to be safe, but still resulted in Sean ending up in prison for 15 years. There's still no happy ending here. They're separated for 15 years, Sean loses out on the rest of his teenage years and just basically loses 15 years of his life. Then at the end of it all they appear to go their separate ways for good.

After seeing all the choices at the end, I almost felt like I should've just turned Daniel into a supervillain if I wanted to keep the two of them together. Cause like the two options I had were, I either taught Daniel to only care about me and him, or as the game puts it "you taught Daniel to do his best to follow society's rules". And the latter, which I got, feels lovely. Being a good person and "following the rules of society" are not the same thing.

Apparently there's three endings? Is it possible to get an ending that ends happier than either of these? Cause drat

There are four endings (though two of them have multiple variations) actually depending on both the final choice of the game and Daniel’s attitude towards you overall (which will henceforth be known as High Morality and Low Morality):

High Morality:

Cross the Border: Daniel goes back to live with his grandparents and Sean goes to Mexico alone. Daniel later gets a post card from him (if you hooked up with Cassidy or Finn they will have joined Sean at that point).

Surrender: Sean turns himself in to the police, 15 years later he’s released and Daniel and Karen are there to greet him. The two brothers go on a hike in the woods. If you called Lyla both times then she’ll be there as well.

Low Morality:

Cross The Border: Sean and Daniel make it to Mexico and open their own auto repair shop

Surrender: Sean dies and Daniel grows up to become a criminal

You can see them all here:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fDR5Q5DSnIM

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Dec 3, 2019

Karpaw
Oct 29, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Larryb posted:

You mean Victoria Considering the game doesn’t load your LiS save data at the beginning like it did with Captain Spirit in episode 2 (it just asks you what ending you picked and nothing more) I assume that’s just there regardless. Not sure yet what changes if you go in there during a Sacrifice Chloe playthrough though.

There's an outline of a letter to Joyce (whom he's divorced and now lives in Santa Rosa) where he expresses his wish for them to meet again sometime. Also he gets a phone call from her from which we can glean that Nathan Prescott is still incarcerated for Chloe's murder but his family is trying to get him released.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Is David still voiced by the same actor from the first game? He sounded slightly off to me.

Also we finally get to see what’s on that USB stick Sean’s been carrying around the whole game it’s just a few files you can’t open and two pictures of his dad and Lyla respectively

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

not putting this in spoilers because its the first 30 seconds of the episode but

DONT loving SLEEP 2 FEET AWAY FROM THE EDGE OF THE GRAND CANYON WHAT THE loving gently caress

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Larryb posted:

There are four endings (though two of them have multiple variations) actually depending on both the final choice of the game and Daniel’s attitude towards you overall (which will henceforth be known as High Morality and Low Morality):

High Morality:

Cross the Border: Daniel goes back to live with his grandparents and Sean goes to Mexico alone. Daniel later gets a post card from him (if you hooked up with Cassidy or Finn they will have joined Sean at that point).

Surrender: Sean turns himself in to the police, 15 years later he’s released and Daniel and Karen are there to greet him. The two brothers go on a hike in the woods. If you called Lyla both times then she’ll be there as well.

Low Morality:

Cross The Border: Sean and Daniel make it to Mexico and open their own auto repair shop

Surrender: Sean dies and Daniel grows up to become a criminal

You can see them all here:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fDR5Q5DSnIM

I should've just gone with my instinct and crossed the border. It's a much happier ending than if you surrender. Alternatively, the Blood Brothers one also ends on a happy note, even though they're both villains

Also Daniel going full blown supervillain with his powers to clear the barricade in the Blood Brothers ending is tight as hell

edit: I'm curious what you have to do to NOT trigger Lyla in the getting out of prison cutscene, becasue I didn't contact Lyla at any point. I threw the cell phone away and didn't know you could contact her at the granpdarents' house

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Dec 4, 2019

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Macaluso posted:

I should've just gone with my instinct and crossed the border. It's a much happier ending than if you surrender. Alternatively, the Blood Brothers one also ends on a happy note, even though they're both villains

Also Daniel going full blown supervillain with his powers to clear the barricade in the Blood Brothers ending is tight as hell

edit: I'm curious what you have to do to NOT trigger Lyla in the getting out of prison cutscene, becasue I didn't contact Lyla at any point. I threw the cell phone away and didn't know you could contact her at the granpdarents' house

Huh, to be honest that was just an educated guess on my part. In that case I have no idea. Then again, if you don't call Lyla in the first episode but do in the second you'll get her mom instead and learn that Lyla's been put in a mental hospital so that could be it.

Also oddly enough there is zero licensed music in this episode, which I think may be a first for this series.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Dec 4, 2019

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

But was Life, in fact, Strange 2?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

the fact that he has a different voice actor on top of him magically turning into a desert hippy with a tattoo makes this David feel so much like a different character that I kind of wish he was not in the game at all

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

the fact that he has a different voice actor on top of him magically turning into a desert hippy with a tattoo makes this David feel so much like a different character that I kind of wish he was not in the game at all

Is it a different actor? There were times when he sounded sort of the same. Also it’s been 4 years by this point and he lost his wife (in both timelines) so it stands to reason he might have mellowed out a little

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Anyone else having a weird issue on PS4 where it is not properly recognizing your save file? My file shows Episode 4: Faith but when I try to load it it asks if I've played LiS season 1 and then what my choice was.

I don't want to keep clicking through in case it overwrites my file...

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

el oso posted:

Anyone else having a weird issue on PS4 where it is not properly recognizing your save file? My file shows Episode 4: Faith but when I try to load it it asks if I've played LiS season 1 and then what my choice was.

I don't want to keep clicking through in case it overwrites my file...

Nope, I’m also playing the PS4 version and have had no issues at all so no idea.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also I just checked the credits again, David is in fact not voiced by his LiS actor, he’s voiced by his Before the Storm actor

But overall, not a bad finale. If I had to rate the episodes from best to worst it would probably go:

Episode 3
Episode 5
Episode 4
Captain Spirit
Episode 2
Episode 1

Also now that everything’s said and done, why exactly did Chris warrant his own game again? His importance in the overall story was minimal at best.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Larryb posted:

Also I just checked the credits again, David is in fact not voiced by his LiS actor, he’s voiced by his Before the Storm actor

But overall, not a bad finale. If I had to rate the episodes from best to worst it would probably go:

Episode 3
Episode 5
Episode 4
Captain Spirit
Episode 2
Episode 1

Also now that everything’s said and done, why exactly did Chris warrant his own game again? His importance in the overall story was minimal at best.

it was a playable advertisement

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Cant he just like... pick the car up and float it over the wall...

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Like with all the other episodes, I am extremely underwhelmed. This one in particular seem like a complete rush job. Barely 4 areas to explore, really only 1 with any substance whatsoever. Characters are named and talked about in dialogue and text that you never meet or talk to. Going back to a previous location for like 3 minutes was particularly jarring and glaring. Onto my issues with the ending.

So I got Cross with High Morality. First things first, to my last post. He can move giant boulders and blow up loving walls. Why cant he just pick up the car and float it over the wall? Also why is Daniel rolling out of a moving vehicle a "high morality choice" Like... is this what he thinks doing the right thing is? If anything it seems like a low morality choice. Its selfish, he doesn't actually want to go to Mexico so he abandons his brother that just did so much to keep him safe and ok over the entirety of the game.

On top of that the entire ending is a photo montage and then some scenes with no dialogue. 2 Choices in the episode, one of which being like, completely a bullshit non choice. No closure on literally any of the character stories we had along the way. The most interesting thing was a throw in call back to the first season. Im extremely underwhelmed once again.

The game was at its height in episodes 2 and 3, where the game attempted to approach the charming character stuff the first season had and it never got close. I have to applaud them for trying something so different but honestly I think this game was a pretty bad failure. Maybe ill soften on it over time, but I cant see myself ever touching the game again.

And also, after the first game had such an amazing and memorable soundrack, both original and licenced. While the music was not bad or anything it was extrmely forgettable.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Dec 4, 2019

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’ll admit it is odd that the only ending where both brothers wind up making it to their destination and remain together is Cross with Low Morality it just sort of feels like those two endings probably should have been switched (though maybe without Daniel going full supervillain on the cops). I will give them credit at least for not having the final ending depend solely on one specific choice like was the case in the previous two games.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I just checked steamspy numbers for episode 1 of both seasons and LiS1 is listed at 5-10 million and LiS2 is listed at 200-500k. :yikes:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
What a loving finale. I'm emotionally spent. Chose to surrender (with high morality), and watching the collage of Daniel growing up hit me hard. Seeing the brothers reunite after 15 years and returning to the cabin was a great way to end the game. It's clear that the events still affect them 15 years later, and neither of them will probably never fully heal, but they still have each other, and now Daniel can be the one to comfort Sean. It was an imperfect ending, but it had to be. It would have felt cheap if it was "happily ever after." Good to see Lyla show up at the end, but I wish Cassidy showed up as well. Guess I'll see her in the border crossing ending. I visibly went "OH poo poo" when I realized who David actually was. It didn't hit me until he mentioned "step-douche" and then I saw the resemblance. Seeing the picture of older Max and Chloe in his trailer was very comforting to me. Being able to see the two of them happy and living life was great closure to Season 1.

I can't really compare Season 2 to 1 because they're such different stories, but I definitely enjoyed it and liked it just as much as 1.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Dec 4, 2019

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, Season 2 just told a different kind of story than the original/BtS did. Whether it was told well is a matter of debate but I enjoyed it overall. While I wouldn't mind seeing more games in the future I also fully understand if they want to give this series a rest for a while as well. There is still the ongoing monthly comic at least (which again, is good and more people should read).

Anyway, for anyone that wants it here's the final Collectible guide:

Drawing Spots:

1. At the beginning, look at your sketchbook on the left once you have control
2. Behind one of the trailers at the camp there’s a ladder you can climb up. At the top there’s a chair you can sit and draw in.,

Souvenirs:

1. On a ledge before you head down into the canyon look up a bit and you’ll see something behind a rock ahead of you. Ask Daniel to bring it over.
2. When Daniel asks you to find his secret treasure accept and follow the hints he gives you. The first item is under the giant windmill, the second is behind one of the solar panels and the actual souvenir you’re looking for is under a red car.
3. On top of one of the flower beds at the camp
4. Behind David’s trailer after talking with him and getting the police scanner
5. In the desert near the border wall it’s on top of some blue containers
6. After breaking out of prison, look around on the shelves and you’ll find a bag with an American flag sticker.

If there's a third drawing opportunity around anywhere in this episode let me know as I personally couldn't find one.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Dec 4, 2019

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

I liked this season quite a bit. I think it helped that I waited until about a month ago to play through the episodes so that the tech issues were sorted out and I moved pretty quickly through the episodes without much time spent on thinking about how illogical they may have been.

It doesn't come too close to the emotional experience of LiS1 but it ticked off all the boxes of what to me LiS represents: small moments of everyday life in the midst of a supernatural experience, confined areas where you explore and hear your character's thoughts and talk to the people in the world around them, intense moments of agonizing choices. I liked how much this season leaned into its political viewpoint and never really shyed away from it.

I saw some complaints in this thread about how it was hard to create a connection with characters you only saw for one episode but that was kind of the point - you can build connections or families in different places that you live for a while and often you'll just never see them again, but you'll never forget them and how they helped you at that time. And I really liked realizing that the game was about shaping Daniel and how he would respond to the power he had.

I mostly was stern with Daniel about behaving in a responsible way and not putting people in danger, while also helping him to build his power. Captain Spirit helped us escape and was never hurt. I was forgiving towards Karen but thought Finn could go gently caress himself. Church lady only got hurt.

When we finally got to the wall my question was the same as Zuvella's - just magic the car over the loving wall! It's a shame they didn't address that in some way because it's such an obvious solution in the final episode that is impossible to ignore. I know they wanted to guide us to a final, symbolic confrontation but they shouldn't have brought us to the wall before that confrontation, which would have avoided that silliness.

I ended up taking the high morality surrender option. I guess I ended up applying some real world logic that if I had my magical little brother do some crazy magic stuff to the police then nobody would ever stop hunting us no matter the border, so surrendering made sense. Watching the other endings I wish I had crossed the border in that setting because surprisingly the game makes the high morality surrender ending a pretty big loving bummer.

In conclusion, just magic your car over a wall since you can obviously do that.

4/5

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I think it's pretty clear that unless Daniel is super super under stress or angry he would not be able to move the car. He certainly wouldn't have been able to float the car over the fence, with both him and Sean inside it.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Macaluso posted:

I think it's pretty clear that unless Daniel is super super under stress or angry he would not be able to move the car. He certainly wouldn't have been able to float the car over the fence, with both him and Sean inside it.

They are extremely not stressed out and extremely chill the first time they visit the wall

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Yes, that's the point they were making.

It also still doesn't change the fact that it's moving a truck and 2 people over a 20+ foot wall which is well beyond what Daniel has shown. He completely spent himself just to punch a hole in it. And boy would it suck if he lost control when in the middle of the air.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Paul Zuvella posted:

They are extremely not stressed out and extremely chill the first time they visit the wall

Yes that's my point

Eshettar
May 9, 2013

*whispers*

yospos, bithc
Let's have a show of hands. Who cottoned on to the fact that Life Is Strange appears to take place in the same universe as Oxenfree? When you're turning the dial of David's police scanner, pay attention to the teenage boy who keeps saying the words "One, two, three." You'll soon realize that what you're hearing is none other than Ren desperately trying to contact Alex and Jonas after the portal has been opened and their group is scattered across the island...

Eshettar fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Dec 4, 2019

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Oxenfree is literally a game about interdemensional space ghosts so like I don’t think this means anything other than “it’s an Easter egg”

And we will just have to agree to disagree about this whole car thing.

they know the walls there, they have been in Arizona for weeks. If Daniel couldn’t do it then they should have been spending every day training him to do it because it is by and large the simplest and easiest way to do the only thing they are attempting to do and the game should have at least given a dumb reason why it wasn’t possible

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Pretty much every episode in the game has had some kind of training and Daniel still hasn't reached being close to the level of being able to move a car. Another month of training wouldn't have done anything. Also painstakingly explaining every reason why something does or doesn't happen would have been obnoxiously tedious when the game already gives enough context on why it wouldn't be a feasible plan

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

PunkBoy posted:

Pretty much every episode in the game has had some kind of training and Daniel still hasn't reached being close to the level of being able to move a car. Another month of training wouldn't have done anything. Also painstakingly explaining every reason why something does or doesn't happen would have been obnoxiously tedious when the game already gives enough context on why it wouldn't be a feasible plan

I think you are massively underestimating the amount of force needed to rip a goddamn hole into a solid steel fence that's likely also reinforced but I'm not a physicist so this debate is going to go nowhere. Im not asking them to explain everything, I am asking them to explain a thing that I literally thought the second they drove up to the fence and then the game never even acknowledged. His power is literally lifting things with his mind.

Narratively it could even been a great moment of Daniel breaking off on his own, taking control of his powers in a way that Sean does not think to try or to get him to do. Daniel grows more independent as he is able to take full reigns of his power. You can even have the same exact outcome where he stays in the US if he so chooses or whatever.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Dec 4, 2019

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I can't believe how many of you wusses chose surrender.

Overall I thought this was a pretty mediocre follow-up to LiS and BtS. I appreciate the politics of it and the basic idea of an odyssey on which you encounter all sorts of interesting characters and influence an NPC rather than make choices yourself.

But the execution was a bit rubbish. Moving from place to place and meeting a new cast of characters each episode means you don't really form any connection to where you are. The lack of an antagonist also really hurts the game. Agent Flores could be that, but she's pretty much a non-character. I also got the ending where Daniel jumps out of the car for no obvious reason, which got me a happy ending but I couldn't for the life of me understand why he did that.

It's kind of telling that the most emotional response I had to the whole five episodes was briefly meeting a minor character from the first two series.

However, I did like how they gradually made Daniel look like Tetsuo, so there's that at least.

Necrothatcher fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Dec 4, 2019

Rith
Oct 10, 2012

YOU'VE GOT THAT WRONG!

PunkBoy posted:

What a loving finale. I'm emotionally spent. Chose to surrender (with high morality), and watching the collage of Daniel growing up hit me hard. Seeing the brothers reunite after 15 years and returning to the cabin was a great way to end the game. It's clear that the events still affect them 15 years later, and neither of them will probably never fully heal, but they still have each other, and now Daniel can be the one to comfort Sean. It was an imperfect ending, but it had to be. It would have felt cheap if it was "happily ever after." Good to see Lyla show up at the end, but I wish Cassidy showed up as well. Guess I'll see her in the border crossing ending. I visibly went "OH poo poo" when I realized who David actually was. It didn't hit me until he mentioned "step-douche" and then I saw the resemblance.

This is my reaction almost word-for-word, right down to audibly exclaiming 'HOLY poo poo' (alarming my housemate) at that exact moment.

I was very invested in keeping the brothers together, but I also wanted to be a good big brother to Daniel, protecting him from guilt and trauma. I was horrified when I realised the final choice meant I couldn't do both of those things; I couldn't ask Daniel to attack the cops, because I knew it would haunt him, but surrendering would separate the brothers.

In the end, I surrendered, and I'm satisfied with that choice. It was a bittersweet ending (as you say, it had to be), but I'm glad that, even if Sean lost all those years, he doesn't have to run any more. He was robbed of seeing the rest of Daniel's childhood, but at least they can now get to know each other as adults. And I'm so glad Lyla never gave up on him! Their friendship was so charming.

I can see that the game has its flaws, but I loved it so much I don't care. I cared about these characters and what happened to them, and I'll take that any day over a perfectly polished game I don't care about. (I sobbed embarrassingly hard when Sean was released and reunited with Daniel and Lyla.) And I'm impressed by how ambitious the choice-and-consequence system was!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I really enjoyed the final episode. I chose to escape but Daniel refused, which I think leads to the "happiest" outcome overall. Liked the callbacks to LiS 1 and how the ending kind of brought all the separate episodes from this series together. I think Dontnod took a big risk by making the game's choice & consequence system work in very subtle ways and I think it ultimately paid off in the end.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

It worked well enough but this episode feels really short overall. Half of it was spent around the camp/canyon then as soon as you leave you’re basically thrown straight into the endgame.

Granted the other episodes just had a small handful of locations as well (in 3 you were literally just moving back and forth between two places aside from the playable flashback at the beginning) but for some reason this one still felt a bit smaller in scope to me.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Dec 5, 2019

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

LiS S1 is really small though too - you kept revisiting the same locations over and over. S2 expanded the scope every episode, even if they were short scenes they were something you hadn't seen before.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think the episodes in LiS2 have probably lasted about ~30min longer than they've had to, especially Episode 4 which I feel dragged on forever without contributing much to the story. Episode 5 didn't seem that much shorter, but accomplished everything it needed to.

Karpaw
Oct 29, 2011

by Cyrano4747
So Sean & Daniel are supposed to be the "Wolves" of this episode? I think the game could have elucidated that more, it wasn't really clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

I think the episodes in LiS2 have probably lasted about ~30min longer than they've had to, especially Episode 4 which I feel dragged on forever without contributing much to the story. Episode 5 didn't seem that much shorter, but accomplished everything it needed to.

Fair point, and there’s still a decent amount of content to be found so maybe it was just me. All the same though it still sort of felt like this one was over a bit too quickly.

Then again, there were some parts of the original game that seemed like padding for the sake of padding (bottle hunting in episode 2, parts of the nightmare in 5) so something a little more focused is probably appreciated in that regard. The lack of any licensed music in this episode was odd as well but some of the instrumental tracks were decent at least.

Off the subject, there hasn’t been any further word on Deck Nine’s current project lately has there?