Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
i feel like if hamilton is in heaven, he would already know we biffed it up and instead of asking would just be shaking his head all, n'awwww, n'aaaawwww, gently caress y'all, i'm out

nothing would even need to be said

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

What's the secret sign that they use for "I need to take a leak"? I want to start keeping an eye out for it.

:pisstape:

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

StrangersInTheNight posted:

i feel like if hamilton is in heaven, he would already know we biffed it up and instead of asking would just be shaking his head all, n'awwww, n'aaaawwww, gently caress y'all, i'm out

nothing would even need to be said

"And you didn't duel even once? Not even Jordan?"

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

okay I do not have it in me to spend 45 minutes with Doug Collins questioning Jon Turley

go with god everyone

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

eke out posted:

okay I do not have it in me to spend 45 minutes with Doug Collins questioning Jon Turley

go with god everyone

The 45 are for their legal representative to ask questions, Collins will get time before that

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

quote:

An outsider – a cocksure academic invited to testify to the House Judiciary Committee by President Clinton's lawyers – threw down a challenge to House Republicans yesterday.

"If you believe [the charges against President Clinton] . . . rise to the level of impeachable offenses . . . you will vote for impeachment and take your risk at going down in history with the zealots and the fanatics," said Sean Wilentz, a Princeton historian. "If you understand that the charges do not rise to the level of impeachment, or if you are at all unsure, and yet you vote in favor of impeachment anyway . . . history will track you down and condemn you for your cravenness."
from WaPo in 1998

I...... don't think anybody has been condemned for cravenness. Everybody's gone all-in on zealot-or-fanatic.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

eke out posted:

go with god everyone

I imagine their conversation will be like when you roll a 2 INT character in Fallout 2 and go bullshit with Torr in Klamath. You make a poo poo load of sense to one another but nobody else within earshot understands.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

He will never stop committing crimes! YOU CANNOT STOP HIM!

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

The 45 are for their legal representative to ask questions, Collins will get time before that

Collins can choose whatever allocation of time he wants, it's unclear to me whether they'll use counsel or not

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

NBC: Rudy just texted us that Hamilton is spinning in his grave

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

"I spoke with them, and they're going to blow this impeechment thing wide open! Can't wait to get them to the senate where they say the president was right all along"

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

eke out posted:

Collins can choose whatever allocation of time he wants, it's unclear to me whether they'll use counsel or not

He probably will. Not doing so is just going to be asking for trouble. As bad as the last GOP counsel was, he was still sparing them from themselves by allowing Nunes to go at it for 45 minutes.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I love how they cut off every Republican talking point at the knees already.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Lol. "We heard from the Ranking Member, and we also heard from the governor," :what: "that Doug Collins will not be the replacement for Sen. Isaakson" :haw:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

NBC: Pamela was on short list to replace Steyer on the Supreme Court by Obama

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

If Jonathan Turley were intellectually honest, his remaining testimony would be “Okay, they other 3 professors convinced me.”

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

"Eloquently argued, but there is always a phase two. And phase two is what is problematic here." ughhhhh nope I'll catch up on this thread later, bye

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Continually QQing is the GOP

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Google Butt posted:

Continually QQing is the GOP

MAH CHAIR :qq:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

zonohedron posted:

"Eloquently argued, but there is always a phase two. And phase two is what is problematic here." ughhhhh nope I'll catch up on this thread later, bye

This chair is TERRIBLE!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Ooooooffff

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

no, wait, I couldn't stay away: "they're holding the testimony because there's a secret in it! but we have places in this building to discuss secret things!"

...wasn't there a complaint about using the SCIF for these things??? am I misremembering a lot of whining about secret basement meetings?????

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Lol this guy sucks

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

zonohedron posted:

no, wait, I couldn't stay away: "they're holding the testimony because there's a secret in it! but we have places in this building to discuss secret things!"

...wasn't there a complaint about using the SCIF for these things??? am I misremembering a lot of whining about secret basement meetings?????

yeah they did it in a SCIF i have no idea what he even means

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
This is a...bizarre tangent on Turley's behalf.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013
Turdley arguing that bribery is accepting physical rubles in hand.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
This dumb motherfucker is attempting to redefine English common law.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

BREAKING: dog won't hunt

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Lol I don't think this is going to win over any hearts or minds. He lacks the charisma and he's ranting about 17h century history that no one will give a gently caress about.

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
Don't talk poo poo about jazz, rear end in a top hat.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

"See we have this case about bribery where bribery actually was completed, there was no such completion in this instance, therefore ergo ipso facto free Donald now and heal the world. Thank you."

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Is this story going to take 45 mins alone? No wonder the previous examiner cut him off with a simple yes or no.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

What is it with this jackass and dog references?

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Was the best the GOP could find a whiny rear end in a top hat law prof?

Brother Buer
Oct 23, 2012

Is this guy seriously saying it’s not a crime because Republicans say it isn’t?

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

There Bias Two posted:

What is it with this jackass and dog references?

It's folksy!

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

It's absolutely mental that any academically educated person - a loving professor of law, no less - could possibly argue with a straight face that the sole fact that the Republicans deny that Trump has abused the power of his office in the manner described in the report means that the report's conclusions on the fact should be called into question.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Brother Buer posted:

Is this guy seriously saying it’s not a crime because Republicans say it isn’t?

Yes

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

If you don’t have a picture of the President handing them a giant novelty check you can’t prove it was bribery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
The Democrats have been trying to impeach Trump since before he even took office. Also, the impeachment process is flawed because the Democrats haven't spent enough time on it.