Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

:kiss:

How long have we wanted this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Time to reinstall.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Time to reinstall.

Why in blue hell you uninstalled it. Bloodborne and Titanfall 2 never, and I said NEVER left my PS4's HDD while the rest are moved to the external.

Time to put my softballs on the table again :haw:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Guillermus posted:

Why in blue hell you uninstalled it. Bloodborne and Titanfall 2 never, and I said NEVER left my PS4's HDD while the rest are moved to the external.

Time to put my softballs on the table again :haw:

I hit gen 25 and nobody played with me anymore. My HDD is only 400GB, and I have it on disc anyways. :shrug:

I think it's time to remember just how :wow: Tf2's multiplayer trailer was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a_vCtKZ6w8

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

How are the Frontier Defense populations doing on PS4? I need to get back into that again, that was fun.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
After Apex Legends' launch we had a big influx of players too and they all dropped in 2 weeks because they got constantly clowned on by the vets.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
I still play the multiplayer on PS4. Games are surprisingly quick to get into depending on the time of day. Hoping for more people now that it's gone free to play. More people need to at least experience the campaign.

** Haha. Wow 21000+ people on right now.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Never underestimate the power of free poo poo.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Some others from last night.

https://i.imgur.com/QKFCJxI.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/hYdxz97.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/uvhITnc.gifv

New Players lobby :getin:
https://i.imgur.com/jDw6RC9.gifv

Also from the last page:

Front row seats to Aaron disintegrating this gooser.
https://i.imgur.com/g3KKRSO.gifv

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'm hoping they made it free on PC at a later date, I wouldn't mind joining the waves of newbs getting clowned on by vets.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Gonna get back into this later on today :pcgaming:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

BTW I'm not making GBS threads on this state of affairs. I'm just saying enjoy it while it lasts.

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'm hoping they made it free on PC at a later date, I wouldn't mind joining the waves of newbs getting clowned on by vets.

Mostly I would just want more newbs so that they have people to actually kill instead of getting dunked constantly.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Bought this game for a friend recently and after playing the campaign his reaction was basically "what the gently caress how is this game so good and why didn't more people play it".

Game still owns!

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

From Reddit: Playercount past 42K

https://i.redd.it/04bd7zjnbn241.jpg

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

EA make it free on PC you cowards!

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Eyud posted:

Bought this game for a friend recently and after playing the campaign his reaction was basically "what the gently caress how is this game so good and why didn't more people play it".

Game still owns!

The universal reaction on playing the campaign is "this is the best FPS from the last two decades!" so this tracks. :hai:

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Eyud posted:

Game still owns!

pretty much cause it got very little advertising and the launch was bookended by 2 AAA launches that actually did advertise

EA hosed Respawn over hard. Twice.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Paul MaudDib posted:

pretty much cause it got very little advertising and the launch was bookended by 2 AAA launches that actually did advertise

And it left them in a weak position so they could buy them! hahahaha ain't capitalism wonderful!

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Eyud posted:

I'm hoping that happens when EA rejoins Steam.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Paul MaudDib posted:

I know this is the common online narrative but I’m p sure respawn wanted that release date.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Stan Taylor posted:

I know this is the common online narrative but I’m p sure respawn wanted that release date.

Titanfall 2’s release date was locked in by EA – “there was no changing it,” say Respawn

https://www.pcgamesn.com/titanfall-2/titanfall-2-release-date-decision

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

I thought I’ve seen Vince Zampella say that Respawn themselves chose the date because they were confident enough in the game but I don’t remember the source. Also could have been a thing he said after they were bought. :shrug:

I’ll say it’s a shame they didn’t make this F2P earlier with additional MTX cosmetics.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Seems the titanfall 2 free to play popularity took off.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Dec 4, 2019

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Seems the titanfall 2 free to play popularity took off.

The Tony Hawk/Call of Duty mashup is literally TF2. Excellent analogy

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
They still do penny arcade?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
You don’t even need to be a super badass to be good at TF2 multiplayer (on console).

I literally had not played a FPS on console since almost Halo 1. No shooters on PS4 or PS3. They hit the absolute money spot on how the aim assist works when wall running, it feels great just running on the ground too. I tried to play Battlefield One after TF2 and the aiming felt like poo poo in comparison.

Plus you can just smoke AI and actually contribute to your team. If you are not getting killed and killing AI you’re actually contributing more to your team than someone who thrown down with enemy players constantly and dies 50/50. Even if the enemy team goes on a roll and has a full team of Titians up, now it’s pretty easy to hide and kill more AI mooks.

All at 60 FPS too, dang it’s a well designed game

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Dec 4, 2019

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

After Apex Legends' launch we had a big influx of players too and they all dropped in 2 weeks because they got constantly clowned on by the vets.

lol

Eyud posted:

Game still owns!

Your friend could've answered his own question by doing some introspection.

vyst posted:

The Tony Hawk/Call of Duty mashup is literally TF2. Excellent analogy

It's funny becuse I remembered how Jeff Gerstman was one of the only people who stuck up for Tf2 that year amid the barrage of support for noted lovely game Overwatch, and so last night I went back to watch his quicklook of Tf2. He dives into the multiplayer at one point (note, this is a game he praised for 'feeling better' than any other FPS)...and I swear he goes 10 minutes without doing a single wallrun.

Titanfall 2 went over people's heads.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Captain Beans posted:

You don’t even need to be a super badass to be good at TF2 multiplayer (on console).

Not just console. I play pretty casually on PC, with a controller (hooray couch gaming), and still have a blast. I'm usually in the mid-to-top third on the leaderboards - though I really only play Attrition. v:shobon:v

Make it free on PC!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Eyud posted:

And put it on Steam, that would be tits.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
My first match of titanfall two I thought I was absolutely crushing it. Getting so many kills. After the match my buddy explained I had been mostly just killing the grunts. Cool and good how their inclusion can help a new player ease into the game

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I go into games regularly and get my rear end handed to me by insane hypersonic hardscopers who pilot frag in a way I can only dream of, and then I tactically lock down 7-10 titan kills with Scorch and YOINK the match from under their noses.

Tf2, I LUV U

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

FastestGunAlive posted:

My first match of titanfall two I thought I was absolutely crushing it. Getting so many kills. After the match my buddy explained I had been mostly just killing the grunts. Cool and good how their inclusion can help a new player ease into the game

It is good, more games should have NPCs running around the battlefield.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
The Smart Pistol was good for the first game, helping players focus on movement instead of getting a cursor on an opponent hopping around all over the place. Grunts provide a way to help out the team if you can't handle the opposing players. Less accurate guns in the first game promoted closing in instead of hunkering down over sightlines.

This game works by having a very high skill ceiling and a basement low skill floor. Sure It'll feel bad when you see the LOCK ON prompt at the bottom of your screen and can't shake it, but it provides more HOLY poo poo moments for low skill players.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Gimme back AI grunts in Hardpoint. :argh:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Oh wow did they seriously nerf the A-Wall and Devotion at some point? Now I have to use a completely different kit because everything I knew and loved is dead.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

There was definitely nerfs to the Devotion. As for the A Wall I don’t recall if this was always a thing but they did make them so if you put enough damage to them they can be destroyed.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'm wicked mad I don't have a playstation now.

Make it free on PC you cowards

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

SpazmasterX posted:

Oh wow did they seriously nerf the A-Wall and Devotion at some point? Now I have to use a completely different kit because everything I knew and loved is dead.

try A-Wall with R97 and extendo-mag. Thank me later ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

For anyone who's considering the game but concerned about jumping into multiplayer, there's a 4-player co-op horde defense mode you can use to learn the game.