Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Mister Bates posted:

lol remember how he came to an air force base expecting the military to defect en masse and let him in but instead they locked the gates so he just stood around on a highway interchange for like three hours and then left

also remember how he had a representative give soldiers at a nearby garrison a letter asking them to defect for the good of the country and they took the letter and lit it on fire

guaido on the phone looking really worried. his people all blowing money on hookers and blow in colombia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
'have a nice day' lmao

https://twitter.com/dancohen3000/status/1124805303202189317

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/jackallisonlol/status/1202309985218134016

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
just remembered that a past General Secretary-Treasurer of the IWW (who has long since been expelled) once used his position of authority in the union to order literal thousands of copies of his own book about the history of the IWW from himself, paying himself for them, ostensibly so they could be sold by the Literature Department, and then nobody bought them because it's not a particularly good book and so they've just been sitting in the office at General Headquarters ever since

they're everywhere, boxes and boxes of them, in closets, in offices, in the conference room, stacked against the walls, in corners, there's copies of the book being used to prop up wobbly table legs, there's huge stacks of them being used as monitor stands for the computers

they've been there since 2006

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The only person who has gotten any real problems with the Panama papers hack is the journalist who broke the story, who was killed.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Because that last one isn't ha-ha funny have this

https://twitter.com/GretchenKoch/status/1202239462685773825

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Mister Bates posted:

IWW

wobbly table legs

i see what you did there

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Harvey Weinstein would still be mentoring Malia Obama if Hillary won.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Chuka Umana posted:

Harvey Weinstein would still be mentoring Malia Obama if Hillary won.

joseph stalin wouldn't let his daughter near beria

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
“Facilitated Communication”

Lmao

I remembered it at the grocery store and then had to really think to remember the name

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/750649573245329408?lang=en

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
e: double post

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
George Bush hopping on an airplane so he can fly back to DC and sign some bill to prolong Terri Schiavo's braindead life for a few weeks.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Everyone arguing about whether 9/11 was an inside job, meanwhile the USA and it's allies literally faked evidence of WMDs to invade Iraq.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Echo Chamber posted:

George Bush hopping on an airplane so he can fly back to DC and sign some bill to prolong Terri Schiavo's braindead life for a few weeks.

truly, no sarcasm, a simpler time

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

this is a loving painful headline to read and I hope to god this vile man is tortured to death

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

That's really loving funny

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Everyone arguing about whether 9/11 was an inside job, meanwhile the USA and it's allies literally faked evidence of WMDs to invade Iraq.

then, after france opposed the invasion in the UN, a republican congressman used his committee position to change the house cafeteria menu from "french fries" to "freedom fries"

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Echo Chamber posted:

this reminded me a bit of clinton taking a break from his presidential campaign and flyling back to arkansas for ricky ray rector's execution. they're not very similar, though, as clinton's goal was to make sure someone died as soon as possible

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

https://twitter.com/shaunwalker7/status/1201514022706827264

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Finicums Wake posted:

then, after france opposed the invasion in the UN, a republican congressman used his committee position to change the house cafeteria menu from "french fries" to "freedom fries"

lol

proto-chuds pouring wine down the drain

Dixie Chick record burnings

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Finding a cache of old weapons that the US sold Iraq and claiming they were the WMDs we had been searching for the whole time

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Obama accomplished nothing while Bin Laden pretty much succeeded in destroying the US empire.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

During one of the debates and thinking it would be a :master:, Kamala Harris calling on Twitter to ban Donald Trump for violating their terms of service lmao.

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

JudgeX posted:

ben carson's stupid rear end lmao........

reminder that his claim to fame is also bullshit, he's a loving butcher and his most famous case turned two besties into two vegetables

Not true. He took on surgeries that were extremely difficult and had never had much success, and his had better outcomes than anyone so far.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
oh my god tim kaine in the membrane is real

https://twitter.com/jackallisonLOL/status/1202382542982144002

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Nothing is real, free yourself from Maya.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Chuka Umana posted:

oh my god tim kaine in the membrane is real

If this is ever happening to me somehow, I promise I will suicide immediately.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
Stephen Colbert getting wasted and singing My Country 'Tis Of Thee live on Election Night 2016

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Barack Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize.

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

taqueso posted:

If this is ever happening to me somehow, I promise I will suicide immediately.

uh, it did happen, and it was to you

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
George bush ended the Iraq War in 2011 (does it count as funny or depressing)

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

i'm still not mad about that because it's amazing comedic timing

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Didnt he win it in his first year after doing literally nothing too

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

weird, since he was also responsible for the bungled hurricane katrina response

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

MikeCrotch posted:

Didnt he win it in his first year after doing literally nothing too

I think he had to have been nominated before he even took office but that could be some random proto-chud bullshit I am remembering.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Comrayn posted:

I think he had to have been nominated before he even took office but that could be some random proto-chud bullshit I am remembering.

Selection is done in September but the reports take months to write. I don't think there's an openly available timeline but even then they based it on 8 months of his presidency at best.

So yeah he won for beating John McCain (or because the Nobel committee wanted to hang out with the charismatic celebrity president).

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Galling but unsurprising

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1368440/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

"They discuss the history of modern marketing, which Misha claims was invented by Vladimir Lenin, and Communism as the first true global brand."

:shepface: