Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

JBP posted:

Jabba was originally a human being before they made him a slug.

Wait, the monk wasn't just a stand-in? Yeeesh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Yeah he was supposed to be replaced by a stop motion/puppet thing but that didn't pan out and Lucas wasn't even responsible for the IV Jabba scene anyway so figuring it out wasn't a priority

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Yoda and Jabba are human, the force works in mysterious ways

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Blood Boils posted:

Yoda and Jabba are human, the force works in mysterious ways

yoda is what a 900 year old human looks like
jabba is just what a 900 pound human looks like

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
George Lucas, sitting down at his famed writing desk to write Revenge of the Jedi: “What if Baron Harkonnen was even fatter?”

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I watched ANH on Disney+ a couple weeks ago and upon reflection, my new favorite thing about the movie is Obiwan just kinda casually walking around the Death Star.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I watched ANH on Disney+ a couple weeks ago and upon reflection, my new favorite thing about the movie is Obiwan just kinda casually walking around the Death Star.

I've always liked that. He just Pink Panthers it for ages.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

There are so many clunky plot contrivances in ANH, like Obi Wan having bullshit tasks to do on the Death Star because he can't do comedy schtick with Han and the gang, or C3PO announcing he's going to go to sleep during Obi Wan and Luke's conversation about the Jedi because he doesn't have any lines. I love it.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Mmm... clunky

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

The Big Word posted:

Mmm... clunky

Ma....clunky?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Detective No. 27 posted:

Yeah, that's good. I also like how the Empire beancounters said gently caress it and not put a safety rail around the tractor beam thingy.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Detective No. 27 posted:

well to be fair, it's a really cool and impressive station, and it's worth spending some time just checking it out before blowing it up

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Polo-Rican posted:

well to be fair, it's a really cool and impressive station, and it's worth spending some time just checking it out before blowing it up

Yeah, I always wondered what the employee handbook was like or if they had a taco bar in the cafeteria.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yeah, I always wondered what the employee handbook was like or if they had a taco bar in the cafeteria.

There was an old flash series that dealt with this that was basically Clerks but on the Death Star.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I want to know about Tarkin's weird diet that he forced on everybody working in the Death Star.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Halloween Jack posted:

I want to know about Tarkin's weird diet that he forced on everybody working in the Death Star.

Going by the EU? Lots of cum

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

CharlestonJew posted:

Say what now?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

CharlestonJew posted:

Go on... :heysexy:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Grand Muff Tarkin

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

If there's one thing to be gained from Solo it's a new appreciation for Chewies woe over being imprisoned on Bespin.

I couldn't have predicted it, but the anticipation for the new film has me watching the OT on auto pilot, and I always sit attentively through movies, don't wanna hear anyone talking etc

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Any bets on what will it be?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Nudity

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Palpatine shooting lightning at 1 trillion rebel ships and exploding them

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Palpatine, fully erect

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Force Time Travel.

Edit: Force Isekai.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Biggest death star yet that shoots out the force like a goku beam and can destroy entire galaxies

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Palpatine in a zoot suit shooting dice in an alleyway.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Luke Skywalker force ghost but his head spins around like an owl

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

They bring people back from the dead like Plaguis the Wise.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Rey counters palpatine by shooting good lightning out into the entire galaxy, which defeats the first order off camera

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Rey is going to wield dual double-bladed lightsabers, and control Kylo's, Leia's, and Luke's lightsabers with the force. They'll orbit around her and poo poo.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

No Mods No Masters posted:

Rey counters palpatine by shooting good lightning out into the entire galaxy, which defeats the first order off camera

This was literally how Jodorowsky's Dune was going to end with Jessica doing that lol

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Are they going to have midnight showings for Rise of the Skywalker? If so, will it be on Thursday's midnight, or Friday's midnight?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Pollyanna posted:

Are they going to have midnight showings for Rise of the Skywalker? If so, will it be on Thursday's midnight, or Friday's midnight?

Thursday's midnight which turns into Friday morning.

A lot of the Thursday night showings start at 6:00-7:00 PM.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

The Big Word posted:

Yeah he was supposed to be replaced by a stop motion/puppet thing but that didn't pan out and Lucas wasn't even responsible for the IV Jabba scene anyway so figuring it out wasn't a priority

The scene is in the Marvel adaptation from back then and I thought it was interesting that they went with an alien but still humanoid look for him, I remember it being pretty goofy.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Whatever happens here, movies premiere a day early. So I have tickets for 9 on the 19th

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

The MSJ posted:

apparently not the sets

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Probably either punching hard, shooting beams, or owning a drone if you look at every Marvel movue lmao

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

apparently not the sets

I was gonna say, for all the talk of having new stuff they still seem hellbent on recycling the OT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

The MSJ posted:

Jedi are double speaked and now called Skywalkers.