Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/krankyvalli/status/1202239321690005504?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

how the gently caress is boris johnson getting away with the get brexit done poo poo after spectacularly failing at getting brexit done.

how are people so stupid to allow that?

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JevH1eZF75w

Today I discovered Geordie rap is a thing, and it's not terrible.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

hemale in pain posted:

how are people so stupid?

fyp

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

can't believe our fair and impartial media isn't highlighting the Boris failings

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

hemale in pain posted:

how the gently caress is boris johnson getting away with the get brexit done poo poo after spectacularly failing at getting brexit done.

because the only thing brexit supporters fear more, above and beyond the political dissolution of the united kingdom, a descent into anarchy, food riots, etc. is jeremy corbyn's labour party taking political power. lol

all you britons better be canvassing for labour or phone banking or whatever you do over there

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

gonna get brexit done so we can move forward, to spending the next decade negotiating and renegotiating trade agreements incl the unavoidable years-long process of defining britains new relationship to the european markets

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

really gotta piss but my balls are full of brexit instead of pee pee

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

replete with brexit

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
as long as the racist retirees have their done and dusted Bbrexit, who cares about the piddly little details like food costs and healthcare

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

all you britons better be canvassing for labour or phone banking or whatever you do over there

Seriously your politics are sympathetic magic that makes our politics happen, elect the jam man so we can get the maple grandpa

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Stephen King's Brexit

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Avirosb posted:

Stephen King's Brexit

The Dark Brexit, the politics epic that takes thirty years to finally wrap up and pisses everyone off in the process

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Shakenbaker posted:

good loving lord

Willingdon & East Huffledene isn't a thing it's a parody account.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Just to make sure, that whole "referencing A Christmas Carol is anti-Semitic" thing was not parody, correct?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

can't believe Johnson ground up all of Britain into an awful slurry that I will henceforth refer to as "wangers and gnash"

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

canvassing and working with momentum I've met a lot of cool, empathetic and hopeful lefties giving tonnes of time and energy to the campaign and in this bubble I've gone and got myself hopeful over the election like a loving imbecile

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Goon Danton posted:

Just to make sure, that whole "referencing A Christmas Carol is anti-Semitic" thing was not parody, correct?

correct

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Victory Position posted:

can't believe Johnson ground up all of Britain into an awful slurry that I will henceforth refer to as "wangers and gnash"

wangers and gash

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

bitmap posted:

canvassing and working with momentum I've met a lot of cool, empathetic and hopeful lefties giving tonnes of time and energy to the campaign and in this bubble I've gone and got myself hopeful over the election like a loving imbecile

lol idiot. Have the centrists taught you nothing? Better things aren't possible

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

lol idiot. Have the centrists taught you nothing? Better things aren't possible

I wish I never learned about politics, about history, about power and how it is exercised. I used to just read sci fi and make cartoons and now I'm sad and angry all the time.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Bundy posted:

Willingdon & East Huffledene isn't a thing it's a parody account.

yeah, I figured it out slightly later:

Shakenbaker posted:

I'm gonna plead American on not getting that it's some kind of parody account

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

I had some winnings on PredictIt from "lol of course no Brexit in 2019" so I put like $35 on Corbyn being next PM cause yolo.

If it actually happens not only will we get an early Christmas present of endless tears and wailing from the world's shittiest people, I can use the money to take my GF out to a nice dinner and lots of drinks.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

hemale in pain posted:

Lead poisoning. I'm being entirely serious.

bitmap posted:

I wish I never learned about politics, about history, about power and how it is exercised. I used to just read sci fi and make cartoons and now I'm sad and angry all the time.

Extremely same

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

bitmap posted:

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Also by funny coincidence Corbyn is at 20¢ right now which is where Trump was one day before the 2016 election he was definitely no way in hell winning.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

mrmcd posted:

I had some winnings on PredictIt from "lol of course no Brexit in 2019" so I put like $35 on Corbyn being next PM cause yolo.

If it actually happens not only will we get an early Christmas present of endless tears and wailing from the world's shittiest people, I can use the money to take my GF out to a nice dinner and lots of drinks.

never gamble on the outcome you desire. if it comes to pass you'll be happy anyway and if it doesn't you'll need the money

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Goon Danton posted:

Seriously your politics are sympathetic magic that makes our politics happen, elect the jam man so we can get the maple grandpa

its not just sympathetic magic, each of the 3 factions in the election is obviously collaborating with their counterparts across the atlantic - liberal melts, fascist goons, and the elders of jam and maple

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
This is all going to end in loving delicious pancakes

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

CoolCab posted:

never gamble on the outcome you desire. if it comes to pass you'll be happy anyway and if it doesn't you'll need the money

How do you know I don't desire maximum suffering for the Brits?

Also it's literally like $30 I already had on deposit which is nbd and I'm American anyway so immune to the horrors of this hell timeline.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

Idk man I got enough sadbrains as it is and if the Jam man can't win and someone whacks a cold compress on the Bern so we're stuck in a neoliberal-rightwing hell dimension of infinite pain and despair where all hope has been snuffed out I'm thinking gif man there has the right idea.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

mrmcd posted:

How do you know I don't desire maximum suffering for the Brits?

Also it's literally like $30 I already had on deposit which is nbd and I'm American anyway so immune to the horrors of this hell timeline.

it's my stock advice for such a scenario

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

hemale in pain posted:

Well the trick to putting out a fire by dousing it with petrol is to use enough of it so it actually quenches the fire. If you use too little there's a real risk of it starting to burn as well, at which point you better have even more petrol on hand if you're ever going to put out the fire.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mr Havafap posted:

Well the trick to putting out a fire by dousing it with petrol is to use enough of it so it actually quenches the fire. If you use too little there's a real risk of it starting to burn as well, at which point you better have even more petrol on hand if you're ever going to put out the fire.

You can actually extinguish a match in a bucket of gasoline if you're quick enough.

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

prefect posted:

You can actually extinguish a match in a bucket of gasoline if you're quick enough.

Exactly

Exactly

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

Shakenbaker posted:

I'm gonna plead American...

Let me stop you there, fellow American!

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

How to irritate people, a play in three parts

https://twitter.com/AngryBritain/status/1202625599480762369?s=20

https://twitter.com/AngryBritain/status/1202641573470715904?s=20

https://twitter.com/AngryBritain/status/1202670500591394816?s=20

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
:cawg:

https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1202678677596778501?s=20

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Barry Foster posted:

Lead poisoning. I'm being entirely serious.

Extremely same

Iodine deficiency is a key factor too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Top City Homo posted:

What’s a good nickname

Swindling Jo Swinson

Cutting Swine Jo