Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

There were some unofficial Labour blokes at the station today trying to get people to sign a petition to get the Tories out.

I sort of thought the petition was next week.

e: 71 is the number of homeless people a Lib Dem vales as much as one politically homeless person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
https://twitter.com/ColinBarrett82/status/1202263432701128705?s=19

Lol

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider
Oh wow, Iain Duncan Wordsmith just dropped a new single, and it is killer!

https://twitter.com/alexhuds/status/1200051311816953857

Good morning. I hope understanding is dawning. It’s a gut punch, but there’s no such thing as a free lunch. Oh, you deserve it free? Convince me. Show me why you’ll die if I don’t comply. You come begging for charity? I need some clarity. Are you disabled or enfeebled oh wait they’re the same, gently caress I gotta blame all the

(Poors!)

They’re wasting my time

(Poors!)

It’s gently caress you got mine

(Poors!)

And they do all the crimes

(Poors.)

You’re basically children, you steal from the cookie jar but my rage is buildin’ - we ain’t far from a reckoning. I feel it beckoning. And you? You’re sickening. Snivelling worm! You’ll learn. You better correct yourself before you reject yourself from contention. My intentions are plain I just wanna cause you pain until you die!

(Poors!)

You better cry!

(Poors!)

And tell me why

(Poors!)

Should I

(Poors.)

Give you a handout? I have my doubts that you’re taking this seriously. I mean really? You spin me a sob story? Come on, I’m a Tory! You’re pathetic. You fail on every metric. You’re worthless scrounging scum and now I’m loving done you get nothing!

(Poors!)

’til you give something!

(Poors!)

Now quit your mumbling

(Poors!)

It isn’t humbling.

(Poors.)

Hold up.

I ain’t finished. But you are. Whine all you like, but get on your bike and take a hike

No wait, maybe I’ve had a change of heart? Is this the start of some new compassion? Maybe I'm done trashin’ you? And I’ll give you an advance too?

Syke!

(Poors!)

This is what I like!

(Poors!)

This is what I love!

(Poors!)

Pissing on you from above!

(Poors.)

I’ll close all the doors.

I’ll give you all the chores.

You’ll be on all fours before me,

If you want my charity.

You think you’re in the know? I’ve got the flow to send you below.

Now go.

I have other appointments.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I'm a political refugee from Labour membership's political pogrom. They're politically lining up my family and politically shooting them in the head.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/RalphB_R/status/1202634360928817152

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

So.

If we get a hung parliament but the Tories are still the largest party, do they get a go at passing a Queen's Speech as a minority government, even if there's a viable Labour/SNP thing oven ready to put in the microwave?

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
"that's not a constructive attitude"

"have a growth mindset"

"be a team player"

and other such phrases that encourage my destructive emotions toward the ruling class.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

sebzilla posted:

If we get a hung parliament but the Tories are still the largest party, do they get a go at passing a Queen's Speech as a minority government, even if there's a viable Labour/SNP thing oven ready to put in the microwave?

Lib Dems push them over the line and it's 2010 all over again baby, watch the nation sink into the deepest of dark pockets and find nought but the fluff at the bottom. Not even a skills wallet in there.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Libcon coalition would be maximum hilarity because pretty sure if the lib dems vote for boris' deal they'd actually achieve negative votes.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
If that happens we start talking about soviets

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The hellworld scenario is that the Lib Dems are put in a kingmaker position but refuse to pick either side and push us into a mulligan election that brings us past the brexit deadline.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

sebzilla posted:

So.

In theory at least, only one coalition or party should be able to exist that could command enough votes to form a government. If the Tories get 324 seats but the Everybody But The Tories coalition have 326, the coalition gets a stab at it*. In practice of course it's a lot murky
(especially with the existence of the loving Lib Dems) but generally nobody will go to the Queen unless they've got enough formal arrangements in place to *guarantee* passing a Queen's Speech. That was another of May's offences, btw - she told Her Maj that she had the DUP votes long before the bribes had all been negotiated, presumably in an attempt to head off getting shanked by her own party.

*I'm ignoring the Speaker and Sinn Fein for the sake of easy arithmetic here.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Azza Bamboo posted:

Lib Dems push them over the line and it's 2010 all over again baby, watch the nation sink into the deepest of dark pockets and find nought but the fluff at the bottom. Not even a skills wallet in there.

Triumphant Jo; "The bad news is we had to drop the skills wallet policy. The good news is we've increased the amount of the loan to get you on the Renting ladder. Everyone's* a winner!"

*Legal Disclaimer: Everyone, infact, may not be a winner.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I've been politically homeless for a very long time

No party matches up with my strongly held political beliefs in restoring the House of Stewart to the English throne

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Azza Bamboo posted:

Skills Wallet except this time it's a 15% APR loan, and is mandatory.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Skills Wallet except this time it's a 15% APR loan, and is mandatory.

...for primary school

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Feldegast42 posted:

No party matches up with my strongly held political beliefs in restoring the House of Stewart to the English throne

8 years isn't that long

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Feldegast42 posted:

bring back the house of lancaster, imo

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I worry that Stewart may take us out of the EU and would rather seek to restore the house of Plantagenet.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

quote:

Though Jacobitism means the restoration of the House of Stuart to the throne of Scotland or the UK, the party was republican; leader Dr John Black told The Guardian that "It is an attempt to tie into the romance of Scottish history. Look, if you can rebrand Labour into New Labour, it is surely a minor matter to rebrand "Jacobite" as republican and non-religious".[2] The party's ideal Scottish republic would be outside the European Union but use the euro.[3] The party had three members – the minimum required under British law – and was entirely self-funded.[4]

These guys were way loving ahead of their time, CUKTIG 2005.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
We need to show real commitment to Brexit and restore the House of Wessex.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

These guys were way loving ahead of their time, CUKTIG 2005.

lol I didn't even bother reading the page, I just remembered them being mentioned in passing in the 2010 election. They've somehow managed to settle on a political platform even dumber than putting that nice old German bloke on the throne.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Azza Bamboo posted:

"that's not a constructive attitude"

"have a growth mindset"

"be a team player"

and other such phrases that encourage my destructive emotions toward the ruling class.

It's an arrogant and low effort way of attempting to shut people down if you don't like what they're saying. Very Pissflappian.

Or Brown Moses -ian.

(God I hope it's true that he searches his own name. Oh what am I saying, of course he does :D )

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES

StoicFnord posted:

Has a Tory canvasser at the door. Let them sell their spiel for a good ten minutes before I offloaded the last 4 decades of fuckings they have done to me and mine,as well as what they have done to all of the people who are at the bottom. I like to count that as a win.

How do you make the canvasser waste as much time on you as possible? Every minute you make them waste is one less with someone who might change their mind.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

pippy posted:

How do you make the canvasser waste as much time on you as possible? Every minute you make them waste is one less with someone who might change their mind.

Pretend you're a swing voter.

You could also ask them for leaflets and/or a sign and then rip them up.

Or for maximum trolling, ask them for a lift to the polling station.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Dec 5, 2019

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I think one of the most important things is trying not to get very cross at all the people who seem to think that once Corbyn is gone everything "goes back to normal". Why are these people so sure of it when they keep getting every other thing wrong?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If getting things wrong doubted their ability to be sure they wouldn't have jobs.

I keep saying it but some people are limited in the sense they need observable reality to back up their beliefs, but some people are truly free, unfettered by mere things like "things right in front of your nose" or "their previous track record" and are capable of believing anything and everything they want to. These people are the takesmiths, hewing from the raw essence of etherial mindspace, the hottest takes to dispense to the lesser minds.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Dec 5, 2019

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Feldegast42 posted:

Hey, how did things work out with your girlfriend?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

e; ^ gently caress, every time I see the phrase "A ghastly bunch of arriviste Germans" I lose it

peanut- posted:

We need to show real commitment to Brexit and restore the House of Wessex.

Gens Julia or gtfo

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

pippy posted:

Act super dense, but eager:

"Tell me more about [garbo policy]."
"I don't really understand your policy on [sending preschoolers to toil in the mines/owning slaves/hanging the poor], could you elaborate some more."
"Oh, I see, how will that benefit [my community/slave masters]?"

And, as they turn to leave, equip the Jeremy Corbyn Pointing Foam FingerTM and Nationalise them.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
https://twitter.com/hardcastIe/status/1202645312957009921

Bring back the mirror chicken!

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Josef bugman posted:

I think one of the most important things is trying not to get very cross at all the people who seem to think that once Corbyn is gone everything "goes back to normal". Why are these people so sure of it when they keep getting every other thing wrong?

What they mean is there’ll be an opposition that doesn’t bother to oppose. You know, the normal

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Azza Bamboo, I’ve PMd you!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I still can't get over boris sending his mate and his dad to tell the journalists to stop being mean to him.

Like wouldn't you just be mortified to have your loving dad turn up at your job???

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

OwlFancier posted:

I still can't get over boris sending his mate and his dad to tell the journalists to stop being mean to him.

Like wouldn't you just be mortified to have your loving dad turn up at your job???

That would require a level of shame Johnson doesn't possess.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I think it's probably because they are just convinced that things were "normal" and "sensible" in the late 90's and early 2000's. But now they are faced with the slow collapse of their foundational idea and instead of trying to change or grow everything else must be sacrificed in order to prop up the failing structure of their own ego.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
They mean when the internet was all about business opportunity and the common person had to shut up and digest the papes because the dream of owning a ferrari, flying concorde, and being invited to the executive lounge where suited men smoked cigars on their buttoned green leather chairs lit by brass lanterns hanging over oil paintings on the wall was real. Normal as in when you could tell people that they were going to have a house, a car, a safety net to support them, and they'd be able to do it with less tax and less regulation because the internet is real. Normal as in a time before we had to hear about austerity, poverty, the local effects of international conflict, where we could just throw out our hands and

ajksadjhsadnmasdjfdsnlsfda
ahjasdfljhasjdhvgjhasdmf]]a
akhgbsdkjhgasdjkhbfjklhasgdfa
AAAAAAAAYYYYY MACARENA

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

The Great British Public says:

Just more of his legendary bants. I think hes completely incompetent but Im definitely voting for him because what a character eh. You can't trust a word he says but also he tells it like it is. Hes committed so many infidelities he doesnt even know how many kids he has and hes obviously being bribed by god knows who but you've got to laugh right? Not like that Corbyn fella, just dont like him.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Working class kids threaten to send their dads to beat up other's dads. Posho kids actually send their dads to try and save them from some big fuckups. But seeing posho adults do the same is quite a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I feel like the prime minister of the united kingdom sending his dad to talk to journalists he's scared of should be more of A Thing.