Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Yeah, and ironically it's easier to fly than to jog.

On World 19 and I still don't have all the early missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
abdonis is a motherfucker and I hate him with my life. leg raises make me want to die

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Core in general is killing me.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

I got this game the other day and I'm in love. It's so drat motivating.

What happens when you beat the adventure? New game+?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

a7m2 posted:

I got this game the other day and I'm in love. It's so drat motivating.

What happens when you beat the adventure? New game+?

New game+ and New Game++ is what I heard.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
When would I want to go for individual or custom exercises / plans rather than just playing adventure? When you beat adventure and want to keep going, I guess? Not that I'm anywhere near there yet. I enjoy the random and unfocused nature of the workouts in adventure mode - while I'm never hitting one muscle hard or anything, I do enjoy the variety and knowing that overall my whole body is getting decent coverage.

When it is time to move to custom workouts, is there a good rule of thumb for what to work on? Is there some kind of random / all-around workout selection? One reason I've gotten burnt out on working out in the past is either getting bored with doing the same stuff every time I work out and not really knowing enough to comfortably mix up my workouts.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

There’s NG+ also Adventure mode is ridiculously long apparently so I don’t think you need to plan for that quite yet

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Feeling unreasonably proud of myself for finally finishing a full set of planks after god knows how many days and incrementally turning down the difficulty from 28 to 22. :3:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I bumped my difficulty up to 20 after starting at... 11 originally?

poo poo is brutal. So many squats and you have to go deeper and hold them longer.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I've been at 22 for a little bit, but keep the upping difficulty suggestions on because one day I want to actually go up a bit. Right now though, having to do so many squats every set is making it difficult to walk.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am sure it's different for everyone based on their targeted fitness but it feels like squats are a huge outlier in difficulty. Like all the other exercises I have so far fit into a similar range, so if I set the difficulty to make those exercises feel like a good workout for those areas, squats are like liquid death.

I had my first loss in the Shadow Guru Andma fight when I did a set of wide squats and then immediately had to do a Mega Ab Guard and got blasted

derra
Dec 29, 2012
drat Dragaux 20 was not messing around.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Did this guy today. Also if there any expansion to the skill tree? I'm about halfway through it and only at World 8.
https://twitter.com/CardCaptorKaren/status/1202959091892506624

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Yes.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The one complaint I have about the game design so far is the lifegain exercises. So far they seem kind of useless when smoothies let you gain back life without using up a turn. I don't know if in higher worlds it becomes more necessary but right now I would want to do those exercises but it doesn't make sense to use them for optimal combat effectiveness

Edit: This game has also rekindled my love of smoothies in real-life, treating myself with a peach-mango-yogurt-peanut butter blend

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Dec 7, 2019

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The one complaint I have about the game design so far is the lifegain exercises. So far they seem kind of useless when smoothies let you gain back life without using up a turn. I don't know if in higher worlds it becomes more necessary but right now I would want to do those exercises but it doesn't make sense to use them for optimal combat effectiveness

Edit: This game has also rekindled my love of smoothies in real-life, treating myself with a peach-mango-yogurt-peanut butter blend
Every exercise is worth 300 xp. When you drop a double XP smoothie you can get some extra mileage out of it by using healing exercises instead of chain chugging spinach or cress.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
In my flailing about, I'm constantly bumping the screenshot button. It's so sensitive to trigger while I'm covered in sweat and panting, trying to get in another ab guard. It's like the video game equivalent of the butt dial!

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Just picked this up this week. The running in place was doing something awful (dot com) to my foot, so until I get some shoes with actual support I've started out with silent mode. The endless small squats have turned my legs into aching noodles, so I guess I'll be staying away from adventure mode for a day or two. The game could use some kind of alternate mode of movement using your arms, maybe, so you can still play adventure when your legs are dying. But I'm sure there's some mini games that just do upper body stuff that I can play for now.

RVWinkle posted:

In my flailing about, I'm constantly bumping the screenshot button. It's so sensitive to trigger while I'm covered in sweat and panting, trying to get in another ab guard. It's like the video game equivalent of the butt dial!

I am also constantly doing this. Every time it wants to read my pulse, I accidentally shove the controller out slightly, and then pushing it back into place means I'll almost always tap the button that's right there and take a screenshot. You'd think I was obsessed with having a detailed record of my pulse.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I thought I was doing that, but a hint tells you that the r button also functions as the camera button, so it's bound to happen.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

RVWinkle posted:

There's no need to rush the ab guard. Just take your time getting ready.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah something that's really good to remember is that enemies won't start attacking until you have the ab guard in. Presumably to not pressure you into getting up too fast from ground exercises and pulling something.

BobTheJanitor posted:

Just picked this up this week. The running in place was doing something awful (dot com) to my foot, so until I get some shoes with actual support I've started out with silent mode.
Thanks for this bit, somehow it hadn't occured to me that wearing trainers would be a decent idea to stop ruining my ankles, so I pulled out an old pair of running shoes which did well enough. I do want to get a new pair of those though since I want to start running again in the new year. Though it has led to me making a lot more noise when running but also my downstairs neighbours have been waking me up at 9am every morning lately doing a bunch of building work so they can get hosed as far as noise is concerned.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Dec 7, 2019

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Towards the end of world 21 and the last world 3 request is finally available (it's a marathon of youth, apparently these need to be done in order)

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

How many loving worlds are there?!? drat

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Planks loving suck so much that my fraternity used them for hazing pledges ~2004. Thrilled to see them again.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah it sounds like this game has a proper length for a JRPG campaign lol

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

njsykora posted:

Yeah something that's really good to remember is that enemies won't start attacking until you have the ab guard in.

I once managed to gently caress up the ab guard during a Dragaux fight.

Turns out, as someone more muscle than beast, he hits like a train if you don't have ab guard up.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
I've read 23 (with new game plus cycles afterwards) and being on 22 the plot supports this.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

I didn't mind the minigames right up until they became obligatory to progress.
I suck at all of them it feels like, but the squat one, I wish I could calibrate it or something because if I just slightly bend my knees it's like MAXIMUM SQUAT ACTIVATE.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Airspace posted:

I once managed to gently caress up the ab guard during a Dragaux fight.

Turns out, as someone more muscle than beast, he hits like a train if you don't have ab guard up.

I've done the same thing a few times, not paid attention to how many attacks are coming and letting the guard drop too early.

I like that the worlds I'm doing now (world 8) have routinely had mid-bosses. It makes a good stopping point.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Switched off silent mode again, because even though running without good footwear was hurting my feet, doing hundreds of mini squats to move killed my legs to the point where they're still hurting days later. I just recalibrated it so that it detected vague walking motions as jogging. Although I did find out that you can't really fool it on the fast jogging, it needs at least a bit of vigorous movement to detect that you're doing anything.

Anyway, finished off world 2 with that. Although without the running it's unlikely to get my heart rate up. Also I found out that apparently I have a pretty low heart rate most of the time. Even after doing a couple of levels, it was still only reading me at 60 something. But I did manage to get it up past 100 previously when I was able to move my legs without feeling like they were going to disintegrate. I assume one of these days they'll start feeling like normal legs again.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Fuuuuuck World 22.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Ah, poo poo... the skill tree expands again at Lv. 130.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

SelenicMartian posted:

Ah, poo poo... the skill tree expands again at Lv. 130.

Good to know that this game will last for the rest of my life*

*assuming society doesn’t collapse before then.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I've finally realised that I don't ever need to change skill loadouts for stages with recommendations and can just keep popping colour change smoothies. Also that just turning ingredients into smoothies I'm never going to use and selling them is a good way to make money.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Oh poo poo I never thought about making smoothies and selling them.

Use them to buy ingredients to make more sesame smoothies so you can get more ingredients to make smoothies to sell to buy more ingredients.... and so on

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I feel like I've been playing this for forever and I'm still just at world 8. It is insanely long.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

WHY DID THESE ABSOLUTE COCKFUCKERS PUT SO MANY PINWHEEL DOORS ON THIS loving MAP?!?

NO RING I'M NOT OK, gently caress YOU I AIN'T TAKING NO BREAKS!

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

organburner posted:

WHY DID THESE ABSOLUTE COCKFUCKERS PUT SO MANY PINWHEEL DOORS ON THIS loving MAP?!?

NO RING I'M NOT OK, gently caress YOU I AIN'T TAKING NO BREAKS!

I know exactly what level you're talking about and yeah it feels like a joke after a certain point

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

How far in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

I'm too exhausted to remember but I want to say world 11?