Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

an actual dog posted:

Emotional baggage: inside the toxic work environment at Away

NEVER add your boss to the venting slack channel!!!!!

what are the odds the Korey is on the cover of Forbes ten years from now

lmao the hairs on the back of my neck stood up just reading them describe their totally-not-a-honeypot company slack channel for exhaustively documenting employee poo poo-talking, what on earth

A Wizard of Goatse has issued a correction as of 21:02 on Dec 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

:lol: How can I be racist, when I have more melanin then those people?

Given the context she's probably justified in being shocked

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Weed Wolf posted:

shouldve included a pic of this brave PoC

lmao I had a picture in my mind but it wasn't this

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/Nothda2/status/1150479688906760192

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Pete is a gamer?!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
The Maltese Failson

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Weed Wolf posted:

shouldve included a pic of this brave PoC

loving lol

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

smdh at everyone playing down pete's dad's experience of getting racial slurs hurled at him during heated gamer moments

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

still, i am not prepared to rule out the secret "venting" slack channel being full of racist bullshit anyway. odds are decent hr was invited because it was some edgy bullshit of one kind of another.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I tried to find out more about the away head of people and instead found a picture of her working from the hospital while receiving chemotherapy

Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

still, i am not prepared to rule out the secret "venting" slack channel being full of racist bullshit anyway. odds are decent hr was invited because it was some edgy bullshit of one kind of another.

incorrecto

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

spacemang_spliff posted:

The Maltese Failson

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Weed Wolf posted:

incorrecto

it probably was edgy stuff but something that would at most require a short meeting, not a firing

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1202669582407782400

can we start lighting poo poo on fire yet

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I am literally dozens of other brands in replies, whose accounts are probably managed by the same person.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Weed Wolf posted:

incorrecto

ohoh, well, i stand corrected.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
i mean that's a bad idea and all but there's about 50 different examples in there of the CEO being a psychopath

E: I mean it's odd that they're confused that their work slack channel for complaining about poo poo was possible a poor idea but if that's your main takeaway instead of "dang this seems like a loving horrible place to work with a strange tyranical boss yelling on slack at weird hours" I worry about you.

CRISPYBABY has issued a correction as of 22:19 on Dec 5, 2019

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

yeah that articles some good psycho poo poo

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

It sounds like they wanted to shift their employee structure to contain more white-color workers

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
jaundice is a color, right?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Protip. If you want to vent on a slack channel with your work-friends, create a completely separate workspace and invite people to it, also set the channel archiving interval to <24hr's. Seperate workspace means that head of "people services" can't recover your chats, and the archival settings mean even if they do get in, they can't scroll up (also you can kick them out).

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

CRISPYBABY posted:

i mean that's a bad idea and all but there's about 50 different examples in there of the CEO being a psychopath

E: I mean it's odd that they're confused that their work slack channel for complaining about poo poo was possible a poor idea but if that's your main takeaway instead of "dang this seems like a loving horrible place to work with a strange tyranical boss yelling on slack at weird hours" I worry about you.

I'm just betting HR got it set up for this express purpose

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Protip. If you want to vent on a slack channel with your work-friends, create a completely separate workspace and invite people to it, also set the channel archiving interval to <24hr's. Seperate workspace means that head of "people services" can't recover your chats, and the archival settings mean even if they do get in, they can't scroll up (also you can kick them out).

Or take your friends out to lunch and bitch there!!!!! Slack is satan!!

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

an actual dog posted:

Or take your friends out to lunch and bitch there!!!!! Slack is satan!!

Sure, but bitching about work requires something more persistent and available then just a lunch date.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

an actual dog posted:

Emotional baggage: inside the toxic work environment at Away

NEVER add your boss to the venting slack channel!!!!!

don't use slack provided by your company if you're going to vent about your boss, the whole reason businesses use slack is so they can read every channel and DM without you knowing, if they want.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

generally speaking, the question you should always be asking when using ANY text-based mode of communication provided by or associated with your company is "would there be a real problem for me if this showed up in court or was CC'd to a client/my manager?"

poo poo talk is fun, but CYA

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

i scream 'silence, brand' when i nut

Dec 26, 2012

yeah that works if you're into that

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
y'all do realize that slack export doesn't work this way, right? if you're on a paid plan then people can export public channels, not private ones. private channel/dm export is available but you have to justify it to slack. iirc slackbot tells you if the retention or export settings change as well (but not if an export was done). finally, you can see what the retention rules are for your workspace, go to https://whatever.slack.com/account/workspace-settings#retention to see what they are for your instance.

in the case of away, it's entirely possible that they wanted everyone to use public channels specifically to leverage the 'public channel only' export thing.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

If i were an employee being fired for reverse racism in a bizarre corporate sting operation by my perpetually tantrumming CEO, I would simply run all of my account settings by my information security team for ways in which my privacy could be compromised.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

The Maltese Failson

Dec 26, 2012

spacemang_spliff posted:

The Maltese Failson

lol

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lmao people’s brains have truly broken they think woke apartheid is the answer

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

uncurable mlady posted:

y'all do realize that slack export doesn't work this way, right? if you're on a paid plan then people can export public channels, not private ones. private channel/dm export is available but you have to justify it to slack. iirc slackbot tells you if the retention or export settings change as well (but not if an export was done). finally, you can see what the retention rules are for your workspace, go to https://whatever.slack.com/account/workspace-settings#retention to see what they are for your instance.

in the case of away, it's entirely possible that they wanted everyone to use public channels specifically to leverage the 'public channel only' export thing.

Yeah, I'm sure Slack, a company that is losing money, is going to be telling their corporate customers paying them "no" when they request a data export. And Slackbot not telling you about the one thing that's relevant, whether an export has been made, is pretty telling.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

uncurable mlady posted:

If you create your own workspace, your company can't export it at all. Why risk yourself by using your company's workspace to trash people at your company?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Taintrunner posted:

All of them. Stay out of all public spaces

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Public spaces are cool and good for all people of all races.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

If you create your own workspace, your company can't export it at all. Why risk yourself by using your company's workspace to trash people at your company?

Because social media tells people it's okay to be careless, I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Taintrunner posted:

O GREAT EBONY GODS, I, A LOWLY WHITE, OF FEEBLE MIND AND BODY, PROSTRATE MYSELF BEFORE YOU, THAT I MIGHT PARTAKE OF YOUR ANCIENT TRIBAL KNOWLEDGE