Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Stink wanted to not be wronk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jerusalem posted:

loving JJ Dillon would have watched that promo and understood what they were after, and he STILL hasn't figured out what Sting wanted all those years ago.

WWE's rotted so many brains nowadays, if Sting had made his debut today, people would probably complain that they didn't explain why he wore face paint, why he does the "Stinger Yell", or why he was called "Sting".

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Jerusalem posted:

loving JJ Dillon would have watched that promo and understood what they were after, and he STILL hasn't figured out what Sting wanted all those years ago.

JJ still weeps over the contract for a match with THE Scott Hall. What do you want Steve?!

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

karmicknight posted:

https://twitter.com/mclevy76/status/1202395831795699712

Mclevy doing some of his best work against David Starr.

Is he still psychotically harassing and deliberately misgendering people because he got banned from a wrestling podcast discord?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

OctoberCountry posted:

Is he still psychotically harassing and deliberately misgendering people because he got banned from a wrestling podcast discord?

He made some stupid reply to the NY64 so I called him out for this and homophobia and he flipped out how calling people "cocksucker" is not homophobic and then demanding to know who runs the account. Then tweeted at his followers to please tell him who runs the mysterious NY64.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Don't tell them I run it. I don't want to be harassed

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Davros1 posted:

WWE's rotted so many brains nowadays

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The person who runs the NY64 will turn out to be Hornswoggle

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

MassRafTer posted:

He made some stupid reply to the NY64 so I called him out for this and homophobia and he flipped out how calling people "cocksucker" is not homophobic and then demanding to know who runs the account. Then tweeted at his followers to please tell him who runs the mysterious NY64.
Incidentally, apparently there have been a bunch of DMs going around from people who think I run the NY64 even though you've made no secret about it being your creation.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

who runs the mysterious NY64.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Wrestling twitter belongs in the loving bin

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

davidbix posted:

Incidentally, apparently there have been a bunch of DMs going around from people who think I run the NY64 even though you've made no secret about it being your creation.

How do they respond when you point out that the organizers aren't trying to hide who they are and also obviously aren't you?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Wrestling twitter belongs in the loving bin

ftfy

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

TTBF posted:

How do they respond when you point out that the organizers aren't trying to hide who they are and also obviously aren't you?
None of them have gone to me directly about it, because reasons.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

davidbix posted:

None of them have gone to me directly about it, because reasons.

Thank you bix for feeding my new favorite dumb hobby. Searching twitter using keywords I think will be fun.

So "bix NY64" has only one response that I can see, which is someone having a conversation with you and MRT about how you should help organize next one (and the thread concludes with you not being aware of the next one and MRT saying that there will be).

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

He was accusing John of being behind it at one point too

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
wrestling twitter hating somebody as (and i mean this in a nice way) inoffensive as bix just speaks to how loving stupid the majority of wrestling twitter is.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Seams posted:

wrestling twitter hating somebody as (and i mean this in a nice way) inoffensive as bix just speaks to how loving stupid the majority of wrestling twitter is.

If you think that's bad, you should see the F4W forums. They think he has declared war on Dave and that they are on the front lines of his defensive army.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

He was accusing John of being behind it at one point too
cena?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The same person OctoberCountry was talking about him deliberately misgendering in this post.

OctoberCountry posted:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ah the other john how could i have not known

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Trevor Dame is thick as gently caress

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Dimebags Brain posted:

And their champion is a 50 year old mega out of shape guy who appears to have a serious drinking problem

I don't see the problem here

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
The amount of frothing hatred for Kenny Omega is staggering but probably directly proportional to the amount of frothing loyalty to Vince. I mean hell, I think Kenny Omega sucks and I don't like his matches but I do not think he is bad enough to destroy professional wrestling and send the West into a second dark age. Actually, I'm starting to like the fucker just because he's so hated now. And he's doing a good job with the book at AEW

But he has the worst hair in wrestling. Worse than Jimmy havoc. Come on, Kenny!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I guess I'm sheltered because I didn't know there was so much hatred for Kenny. It has to be directly related to the idea that AEW is trying to take down WWE, which is laughable.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He didn't go to WWE to have boring midcard matches and end up in an angle where he's stalking Shinsuke Nakamura or something due to his established lust for Japanese men so naturally he's actually never been good and was always, in fact, the worst wrestler on the planet.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Son of Man posted:

But he has the worst hair in wrestling. Worse than Jimmy havoc. Come on, Kenny!

ay what the gently caress

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Spikegal posted:

I guess I'm sheltered because I didn't know there was so much hatred for Kenny. It has to be directly related to the idea that AEW is trying to take down WWE, which is laughable.

He was hated in New Japan

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I feel like a lot, though not all, of the Kenny hate is because he doesn't pretend to be a tough guy or anything. He's an earnest dweeb who's pretty open about his feelings.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I remember people being mad at Kenny and Bullet Club in general because they were "making New Japan too gaijin instead of focusing on Japanese wrestlers"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
There's also a not insignificant group of mouth breathers that hate him because he's queer.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

There's also a not insignificant group of mouth breathers that hate him because he's queer.

There’s that group, and then there’s the larger group of assholes who probably do not consciously hate him specifically for his sexuality, but hate him for all of his non-normatively masculine behavior

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Kenny booked a sex offender and took pictures with one at E3 last year, which is a valid reason to dislike him.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
kenny is lame as hell but for reasons that nobody hates him for. they just recycle jim cornette talking points and hate him as a flippy play wrassler without ever seeing a single match

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Spikegal posted:

Nah, people have been obsessed with hating Kenny since before AEW was a twinkle in Coward Tony's eyes. Around this time last year he was the cancer that was killing New Japan by....having great matches and selling tons of tickets.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

kenny omega is... ok *drops mic*

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

karmicknight posted:

Thank you bix for feeding my new favorite dumb hobby. Searching twitter using keywords I think will be fun.

So "bix NY64" has only one response that I can see, which is someone having a conversation with you and MRT about how you should help organize next one (and the thread concludes with you not being aware of the next one and MRT saying that there will be).
A lot of it has been DMing mutuals, I'm told. But yes, this is very obvious.

Seams posted:

collocation posted:

If you think that's bad, you should see the F4W forums. They think he has declared war on Dave and that they are on the front lines of his defensive army.
It's worse than that. They've convinced Dave of it, too. When I emailed him a couple month back trying to smooth things over, he outright told me that he "knew" that Ryan Satin and I wanted him gone, and wouldn't listen to reason.

davidbix fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Dec 6, 2019

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

davidbix posted:

It's worse than that. They've convinced Dave of it, too. When I emailed him a couple month back trying to smooth things over, he outright told me that he "knew" that Ryan Satin and I wanted him gone, and wouldn't listen to reason.

you are a bit weird about dave sometimes. i still like you, tho :3:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1202657635289501696

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

LMFAO