Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I can already tell that side of the bracket is going to come down to either Benoit/Moolah or Vince/Moolah to decide who makes the finals, and I'm glad we've got at least a month before that happens because maybe by then I'll know who to vote for in that situation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I feel like we have not seen Enzo's best work yet when it comes to qualifying. But right now his biggest crime is banging really young fans and doing come with them. Weird and hosed up but child's play on this list.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It's a very Enzo thing to not even be very good at being an rear end in a top hat. He was a small enough one that Vince washed his hands of him at the first opportunity, while Moolah was a big enough one to almost get her own Wrestlemania event.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
enzo's a gross dweeb but moolah is moolah

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

An Enzo interview with Chris VV came up on my Youtube playlist a week or two ago and I was like "I hate Enzo but I like Chris so I'll give it a listen" and I listened to Enzo pontificate about how awesome he was for what felt like 20 minutes with Chris barely able to get a word in and then I looked to see how much time was left and the video was an hour?!?! Who the gently caress is listening to hour long Enzo softball interviews?

But yeah, being a general scumbag and tool is little league on this list.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ugh Enzo sucks and I wish I could vote for him but Moolah is the actual loving worst

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

STAC Goat posted:

An Enzo interview with Chris VV came up on my Youtube playlist a week or two ago and I was like "I hate Enzo but I like Chris so I'll give it a listen" and I listened to Enzo pontificate about how awesome he was for what felt like 20 minutes with Chris barely able to get a word in and then I looked to see how much time was left and the video was an hour?!?! Who the gently caress is listening to hour long Enzo softball interviews?
I looked at the quotes - I can not stand that man's voice in the least - and was a bit annoyed he did bag on WWE for firing Big Cass when, in his opinion, they knew he was having serious issues. And by annoyed it's like gently caress, Enzo managed to sound good for a moment.

Still a creepy fucker but hey, he can make me hate WWE just a little more.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, I feel like we have not seen Enzo's best work yet when it comes to qualifying. But right now his biggest crime is banging really young fans and doing come with them. Weird and hosed up but child's play on this list.

What?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Phone posting version of coke.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Enzo is a dumb, creepy idiot, but barely even belongs in this thing compared to wife-beaters, murderers, pedophiles, and McMahons.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

You know, coming with his consensual pe:barf: I'm sorry, I can't even do that as a joke

Fad
Nov 13, 2002

I dont care.

That's how Russians refer to sex.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Enzo looks like he smells loving terrible, and I guarantee his voice is like that from the untreated gonorrhea.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Enzo looks like he smells loving terrible, and I guarantee his voice is like that from the untreated gonorrhea.

Well that makes me just feel kinda bad for him.
Not much, but a little.

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019
Mostly echoing everyone else, but Enzo is a prick in a tournament full of monsters.

Visual Basic Bitch fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Dec 5, 2019

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/NY64Tournament/status/1202641162965831680

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Vader is maybe the person who should least be in the bracket, because his issues are basically “Worked way too stiff” and “liked to pick fights” which extend to like 80% of famous wrestlers from his era.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I don't want to minimize Vader because he didn't really work stiff, he used the ring as an excuse to hurt people. But, comparatively he really doesn't deserve to get out of the first round.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

Enzo is a dumb, creepy idiot, but barely even belongs in this thing compared to wife-beaters, murderers, pedophiles, and McMahons.

you listed the mcmahons 3 times

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Paul Orndorff beat Vader's rear end lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

wouldnt job to ospreay.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
I think James Ellsworth should've been in this tournament instead of Vader.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Must have been after Gary Spivey helped him get his confidence back

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hopkins FBI posted:

I think James Ellsworth should've been in this tournament instead of Vader.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

STAC Goat posted:

I dunno. I feel like that's my problem with the Austin thing. It feels like people equate the substance abuse and the domestic abuse and I don't like that. He's worked on the substance abuse and I'm happy for him (and those around him) but like... he still beat (at least) 2 women. And I'd feel a lot better if he just said something like "I was a horrible person who hurt people and I'll try to even those scales the rest of my life by donating to safe houses or crisis lines" or something. I don't know. I just feel like I've seen a lot of "I had problems" and no "I was a woman beating piece of poo poo."
For me, personally, it's like this: There *are* people who are exclusively abusive pieces of poo poo off the wagon in a way that's intertwined with their addictions. I have reservations about how much he's leaning on the NDA side of the Debra divorce, of course, but a pill problem and getting clean being key is not actually unrealistic at all.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I should have stumped for Paul "Black People Are Responsible for Unemployment and Rape" Orndorff to get a spot in the tournament.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Says something about this tourney that a guy known for hurting jobbers for fun probably shouldn't be here. Barnett easily just cause of the sex ring stuff

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

STONE COLD 64 posted:

wouldnt job to ospreay.

that's legit one of the worst matches of the decade. just absolute trash.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Thought i remember Vader being legit upset that he possibly crippled the one jobber in WCW he injured and even going to the hospital with him?

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
There’s also a lot of “beat the poo poo out of jobbers” guys not on the list. Scott Steiner, Road Warrior Hawk, etc.

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019
Wasn't Vader kind of like, weaponized? Like in a "want some time off? Get a match booked with Vader" sort of sense. I wanna say it was Foley that talked about using him for that sort of thing.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Pretty sure Foley wasn't the only one that used Vader as a way to collect lloyds of london insurance

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
Vader's most heinous crime was probably tweeting a dick pic.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Can someone tell me about Jim Barnett? Never heard of him before.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Blast Fantasto posted:

There’s also a lot of “beat the poo poo out of jobbers” guys not on the list. Scott Steiner, Road Warrior Hawk, etc.

Scott Steiner is on the list and Rick Steiner was a play in candidate!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
a lot of the first round has been "guy I thought was cool but was actually kind of an rear end in a top hat" vs "guy I've never heard of who did something incomprehensibly vile"

it's good seeding but weird to process through

whenever Vader did a powerbomb or a suplex it looked like he put all of his strength into lifting them up and then was like "phyew" and just completely let them go at the height of it. it's scary. learning that that's pretty much exactly what was happening is dully sickening and it's going to taint some pretty fond memories I have of the guy

but then I read about Barnett for 5 minutes and voted for Barnett

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I confused Jim Barnett with Rob Bartlett and didn’t even loving blink.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

Can someone tell me about Jim Barnett? Never heard of him before.

https://twitter.com/NY64Tournament/status/1202642675792588806

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
There are some parallels to the Penn State scandal as supposedly the Kentucky coaches knew what was going on and looked the other way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

davidbix posted:

I should have stumped for Paul "Black People Are Responsible for Unemployment and Rape" Orndorff to get a spot in the tournament.

On a related note, I'm going to guess that Dick "Actually in the KKK" Murdoch wasn't in the WWF long enough to qualify?