Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

uuugghhgghhhhbbn

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

am i wrong to not give a poo poo about him ducking the andrew neil interview. get over it, you know? get a grip.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

I mean I've done prime factorizations to kill time, but I'm not exactly proud of it

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i like to paint the homeric hymns on the side of buses, which i make from boxes. my box bus hymn holders. brexit

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

does he complete the square when possible? i bet he does not. the gently caress

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

foobardog posted:

I mean I've done prime factorizations to kill time, but I'm not exactly proud of it

factorising big numbers could totally be a thing in the puzzle pages it is relaxing to do

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

So, he doesn't support the local economy?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

prefect posted:

You can actually extinguish a match in a bucket of gasoline if you're quick enough.

agonizingly inching my match toward the bucket of gasoline over the course of 4+ years

E: oh poo poo it's a UK thread I mean centimetreing my match toward the petrol. And by match I mean uh "chemical torch"?

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

VitalSigns posted:

agonizingly inching my match toward the bucket of gasoline over the course of 4+ years

E: oh poo poo it's a UK thread I mean centimetreing my match toward the petrol. And by match I mean uh "chemical torch"?

In these parts we refer to them as Brindleswhaite's Impromptu Kindlesticks.

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

They're called lucifers ffs

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

nng

https://twitter.com/alistairkgrant/status/1202655083852443648?s=19

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

ok thank u for your intellectual 👓 honesty 🧠 young boris 🧒🏻 but we've run out of time⌚ tik tok! ⌚ so thank u for coming in there's the door -> 🚪 bye be a good lad now and run along

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

gh0stpinballa posted:

am i wrong to not give a poo poo about him ducking the andrew neil interview. get over it, you know? get a grip.

In a vacuum, yes, sort of. It's the job of the likes of the BBC to hold power to account and scrutiny so that the voting public can keep their vote informed, thus turn the wheels of democracy. A well educated/informed voting public would/should be outraged by Johnson's refusal to be scrutinised and it should cost him at the ballot box. Whether it will or not remains to be seen.

I say in a vacuum, because democracy in Britain is a loving farce at this point already. However, this is one in the win column for us because Neil is not doing so much as that segment if not for the backlash they've had over the monstering of Corbyn followed by it coming to light Johnson hadn't even been booked yet.

Neil is nothing if not a massive loving ego and he'll have enjoyed doing that (and if the reports are to be believed, he won't have enjoyed being made to look a soft touch by Johnson) as his Twitter timeline retweeting the praise and replying with snark to the criticism shows.

It's important that Johnson keeps ducking what little scrutiny he gets and it's important that a massive spotlight gets shone on it and the media complicit in it.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

yeah the thing is a lot of johnson's style depends on him getting away with just blustering over the other guy. that works with marr because marr is, at heart, a weak-minded nerd, but it doesn't work with neil because neil's a bully with a truly impressively collossal ego. if the BBC takes this lying down it'll be seen as further evidence of bias, plus they'd be letting johnson get away with snubbing them. this is not how the british press operates - no matter how chummy they are, they're expected to show up and face the music from time to time. for our side, it's a solid win because it underlines a point which is valuable with meltier types, namely that johnson tries as hard as he can to avoid any kind of scrutiny and this is not the behaviour one should expect of someone who wants to be a statesman - hell this whole election was called because johnson didn't want parliament to actually look closely at his brexit deal. avoiding scrutiny is a known quality of johnson's, and this bring it to a fore in a big way.

it makes him look shifty and weak at the same time, and it provides an excellent segue into why boris johnson is a bad candidate for PM (because he's pathologically dishonest and utterly incompetent). at this point, if he does end up going on neil's show, that itself will be an admission of defeat, and he'll be ripped to shreds with relish by neil for trying to play silly buggers. johnson probably calculated that neil and the BBC would shield him from this, but he was completely wrong. now it's a big loss for him among his core constituency, who will tend to sympathise with neil quite a lot

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

hell yeah, the Swine Zone

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

imagine you're a low-info voter in his sixties, comfortable in a paid-down home whose children have long since moved out. you're watching the BBC because that's what you do, and are considering whether to vote for boris johnson who says he'll Get Brexit Done and anyway he's better than that ghastly corbyn fellow. you tune in to the evening news and you see this. would this make it more or less likely that you would vote for him? he clearly doesn't want to come on the show despite all the other leaders doing it and the presenter obviously expecting him to make an appearance. this may not make up your mind on its own, but it's a very clear, fully broadcast signal that boris johnson is not to be trusted, beamed straight into the heart of his base by someone they either know to be a massive tory or simply respect as a tough interviewer.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

my big, big hope is that labour has gotten their hands on the report on russian interference somehow and that corbyn will unleash it live on the BBC debate. i literally fantasise about this. even if it only contains the smallest trace of dirt it's going to have a big effect among, again, exactly this crowd of the comfortably elderly and moderately reactionary which johnson needs so badly

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

fantasies about Corbyn Unleashing It Live

now you'll see why they call him the Jam Man

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the revolution will be homoerotic

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
da motherfuckin swinz0ne

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
that was epic

"hehe ya it was"

that was epic for the swin

"hehe ya..."

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

lol at Greek being a relaxing language.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Victory Position posted:

hell yeah, the Swine Zone

mr cameron, no

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Grape posted:

lol at Greek being a relaxing language.

Sure it is, just listen to the poetic croonings of this Greek legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6oIyoTVTvk

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Lastgirl posted:

Jo Swindleton :wotwot:

Can’t wait for headline

Humiliation for LOSER JO

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Morter posted:

Sure it is, just listen to the poetic croonings of this Greek legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6oIyoTVTvk

Soft rear end mainland Athens accent.

Try the same poo poo in a Cretan/Cypriot accent and now you're cooking with fire.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

V. Illych L. posted:

why boris johnson is a bad candidate for PM (because he's pathologically dishonest and utterly incompetent).

Yeah unlike paragons of honesty and competency Theresa May, David Cameron, Tony Blair, Gordon Brown...

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/Rknepper_/status/1202686219546742793

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I'd hate to think what they do to Squirrels in the Swinzone.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

μαλάκας

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/JBickertonUK

Destroy this poo poo head

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Wow, tories must be scraping the barrel. That's an extremely malicious thing to say, even for a tory.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Broken Britain

Katherine Jenkins mugged after trying to help woman in street robbery

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

He understands equations both the simple and quadratical?
He knows the croaking chorus from the Frogs of
Aristophanes?

Why, he is the very model of a modern loathsome prick!

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
wow quadratic equations! he must be very brainy, and not just parroting a part of maths that is scary to many people who didn't click with maths, but in reality have a couple of simple and mechanical ways to solve them that can be memorized and performed by rote

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Dance Officer posted:

Wow, tories must be scraping the barrel. That's an extremely malicious thing to say, even for a tory.

there were 500 votes between the tories and labour in the constituency of hastings and rye in 2017 :yum:

edit- 346

bitmap has issued a correction as of 11:29 on Dec 6, 2019

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
https://twitter.com/ceejayqueue/status/1202886634699722752
https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/1202911010602016769?s=20

Also another Brexit document drop by Corbs.
I'm sure that the only reason he's getting these documents now is because whistleblowers know they'll get media attention for it.

https://twitter.com/benfolley/status/1202904443286642689

Ora Tzo has issued a correction as of 12:27 on Dec 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

don't worry lads it was all a mistake

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1202913424243601408?s=19