Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

According to the article, the man claims to have been building a 'quantum physics generator' and suffered radio frequency burns. So, he hooked some random HF electronics together and microwaved himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

story updated, whatever else he was doing the guy homebrewed a giant capacitor, gonna rate the intersection of untreated scizophrenia and PhotonicInduction 4 OSHA's

:nfpa::nfpa::nfpa::nfpa:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Autistic Edgy Guy posted:

i loved this so much i needed more, here's the entire video (they finish it off) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ6h16mYqIU

See now this is what I expected to happen:

https://i.imgur.com/IkJjvMv.gifv

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Bad Munki posted:

See now this is what I expected to happen:

https://i.imgur.com/IkJjvMv.gifv
Maybe one day those Europeans will learn to build proper roof decks and wear full length pants.

Very curious about what delicious part of what animal those yellow hanging things are in there.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Looks like a bag full of walnuts....

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

PurpleXVI posted:

Welcome to 3F, basically our largest and most militant labour union. They also assist non-unionized foreign workers that are preyed upon by their employers(often housed in absolute hovels, paid almost nothing, have their passports taken away, etc. after being promised unionized rates and treatment prior to coming to Denmark) with getting unioned up and legally protected.

They are very, very good lads.

This has brought a tear to my eye. Time to ping my lead about getting put on the negotiating committee.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Does OSHA have a contingency if a worker is taken hostage on the job?
Warning: cops got there before OSHA and killed the poor driver
https://twitter.com/rklueber28/status/1202722185690914817?s=19

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
#1 threat to workers in this and every century remains unchanged.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
meanwhile, UPS management rushes to the scene, medicine bags in hand, screaming IS THE TRUCK OKAY?!!?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Holy poo poo that's hosed up. I'm not sure what other horrible atrocities this era will be known for, but over the top police brutality will be one of them.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

It's fine. The robber will be charged with the murder of the UPS driver.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

FogHelmut posted:

It's fine. The robber will be charged with the murder of the UPS driver.

And also an innocent bystander in another vehicle, judging by the reports. :patriot:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Uthor posted:

Is that name supposed to be vaguely Lovecraftian?

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Disarm all cops

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Previa_fun posted:

Disarm all cops

I guess we can start with the arms instead of the head and see how it goes. Wouldn’t want to get too radical.

Bio-Hazard
Mar 8, 2004
I HATE POLITICS IN SOCCER AS MUCH AS I LOVE RACISM IN SOCCER
If only the UPS driver was armed, he would have been able to stop the 19 cops who shot him and that bystander.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Kibayasu posted:

I guess we can start with the arms instead of the head and see how it goes. Wouldn’t want to get too radical.

You can’t start with the head because they wouldn’t feel anything.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
meanwhile, actual good emergency service workers are facing real threats:

https://twitter.com/GuardianAus/status/1202822186945265664

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/LKNFIKY.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/hyIYyN8.mp4

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Kazak posted:

Cops have seen the movie Speed too many times

Harry Temple : All right, pop quiz. Airport, gunman with one hostage. He's using her for cover; he's almost to a plane. You're a hundred feet away... Jack?

Jack : Shoot the hostage.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Whooping Crabs posted:

Cops have seen the movie Speed too many times

Harry Temple : All right, pop quiz. Airport, gunman with one hostage. He's using her for cover; he's almost to a plane. You're a hundred feet away... Jack?

Jack : Shoot the hostage.

Less Speed, more Heat/The Town/Den of Thieves given how opening up on gunmen amidst a backdrop of innocent civilians is apparently fine.

Petit Gregory posted:

And also an innocent bystander in another vehicle, judging by the reports. :patriot:

Four dead: two gunmen, UPS driver and a bystander motorist. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/chase-shootout-involving-hijacked-ups-truck-florida-leads-multiple-deaths-n1096871

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Pile Of Garbage posted:

Less Speed, more Heat/The Town/Den of Thieves given how opening up on gunmen amidst a backdrop of innocent civilians is apparently fine.

Four dead: two gunmen, UPS driver and a bystander motorist. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/chase-shootout-involving-hijacked-ups-truck-florida-leads-multiple-deaths-n1096871

Hey a 0.500 batting average is hella good!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

That car parked next to the underground tank just loving vanishes. It lifts right up, then falls into hell.

I really hope there was no one in there.

I used to work at a petrol station and we got inductions on the underground tanks. There's just no way they should be able to explode like that.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I don't know if I like the person who runs toward the explosion to save their car or the person who rips out the hose driving away more.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
oh i'd rip the hell out of the hose, to heck with that stuff

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Kazak posted:

Guess he should have respected cops more - AG Barr

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Pile Of Garbage posted:

Holy poo poo, that quote from the police chief:

This is what people do to avoid capture? They somehow force the cops to kill innocent bystanders?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Florida Man knows no bounds of shame, decency, restraint, or regret.

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely

Don't they normally use intrinsically safe equipment to prevent this kind of explosion? I wonder what kind of pump was in use under there and how it was wired.

Edit: Apparently IS only applies to low-voltage electrical equipment, so if there was a pump in use inside the tank area they would have to have designed that knowing a spark from the pump could blow the whole place up.

Sex Skeleton fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Dec 6, 2019

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Mozi posted:

oh i'd rip the hell out of the hose, to heck with that stuff

The hose is designed to separate to prevent damage to the pump when idiots drive off.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

The hose is designed to separate to prevent damage to the pump when idiots drive off.

'Cause that's what everyone's worried about right there, the damage to the pump.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Arrhythmia posted:

'Cause that's what everyone's worried about right there, the damage to the pump.

If damage to the pump means fuel spraying everywhere, then yes.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

I've driven off twice in my life, and it was in a span of 2 months. I was smoking a lot of weed and in a weird head space. Also the fuel door was on the passenger side of the car, I would start to fuel up and go in for a drink come out and not see the obvious. The first time I went into the station and admitted what happened and they had no clue what to do. The second time no one seemed to notice so i removed the hose and gtfo. Not my most shining moments.

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY VERY STRONG OPINIONS

LifeSunDeath posted:

I've driven off twice in my life, and it was in a span of 2 months. I was smoking a lot of weed and in a weird head space. Also the fuel door was on the passenger side of the car, I would start to fuel up and go in for a drink come out and not see the obvious. The first time I went into the station and admitted what happened and they had no clue what to do. The second time no one seemed to notice so i removed the hose and gtfo. Not my most shining moments.

I cashiered at a gas station/shop, and while we had drive-offs, none were with the pump attached. I was told that if that happened, it would separate, some gas would spray out, but ti wouldn't be a deluge. I was to shut the lines off and call my boss/the cops.

This place was pretty OSHA especially in the mechanics bays, but no way some poor college kids are gonna rat the man paying them and letting them smoke weed in the supply room out for anything short of limb removal.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Claire's switched to using dremel directly on the candy on Gourmet Makes.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Erisian Automata posted:

I cashiered at a gas station/shop, and while we had drive-offs, none were with the pump attached. I was told that if that happened, it would separate, some gas would spray out, but ti wouldn't be a deluge. I was to shut the lines off and call my boss/the cops.

This place was pretty OSHA especially in the mechanics bays, but no way some poor college kids are gonna rat the man paying them and letting them smoke weed in the supply room out for anything short of limb removal.

Very little gas came out, they both detached smoothly at the collar. It's a sickening feeling when you're starting to pull away and you feel a strange resistance in your car to move then a loud WHACK as the end of the hose whips the side of your car, and you're too high to even.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I see those cops went to the spetznatz school of Hostage rescue.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

Holy poo poo, that quote from the police chief:

This is what people do to avoid capture? They somehow force the cops to kill innocent bystanders?

Those poor cops had no choice but to shoot through those bystanders. :rolleyes:

The worst thing about incidents like this is that it truly shows how poorly trained and prepared LEOs are in the US, so much so to the point that if a big incident went down they'd potentially be putting your life at risk.

That said this is the OSHA thread not the ACAB thread so I'll get out.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Isn’t jewelry like money in banks insured?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Boiled Water posted:

Isn’t jewelry like money in banks insured?

What, like jewelry you keep in a safe-deposit box at a bank? No, that's not insured. At least, not by the government or the bank. You could get personal article insurance if you wanted to. A deposit box at a bank is no different than a rental storage facility.