Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

SILENCE!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

i dont know why everyone thinks they need to copy the three mic format. ideally, donoteat doesn't have anybody on that podcast besides an occasional guest who's more knowledgeable on something specific. i dont like either of the other guys on there's your problem

its pretty hard to do the richard wolff thing and go solo unless you're reading off a script. its always good to have someone to carry on a discussion with

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Phone posted:

SILENCE!!

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

T-man posted:

what the gently caress is there to think about it besides "ugh" or "step on me mistress?"

oinking in submission as you double your monthly Patreon to the podcast madams

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Serf posted:

its pretty hard to do the richard wolff thing and go solo unless you're reading off a script. its always good to have someone to carry on a discussion with

the second person is added to be an audience surrogate- to go into the details that you might have brushed over.
the third person is added because person one and two need an outside influence when they get stuck in a rut. two people with a third guest is -probably- the ideal.

the fourth person is where it usually starts to go off the rails

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Actually the third person is for you and your friend to bully for cheap laughs

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Halloween Jack posted:

They can't all be the Dollop!

it's for the better these days, as I think I've heard Dave's recurring bits on every show for the last three years

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

AnEdgelord posted:

this is also the case

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Victory Position posted:

it's for the better these days, as I think I've heard Dave's recurring bits on every show for the last three years

the dollop accomplishes the impossible in making the live episodes significantly better than any of the studio episodes

Serf
May 5, 2011

AnEdgelord posted:

this is how it works on my podcast at least

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

the dollop accomplishes the impossible in making the live episodes significantly better than any of the studio episodes

this is 100% true as they are comedians hosting a podcast rather than podcasters trying to do stand-up comedy

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/12/radiolab-co-host-to-depart-podcast-after-15-years/

lol

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
radiolab had a second mic? yeah I get what why he left.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Dr. Killjoy posted:

radiolab had a second mic? yeah I get what why he left.

bing bong sproing~~~

*windchime noises*

SILENCE!!

*jack in the box being used*

“welcome to radiolab “

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Phone posted:

bing bong sproing~~~

*windchime noises*

SILENCE!!

*jack in the box being used*

“welcome to radiolab “

you know what my serial killer podcast needs? the Hanna-Barbera sound effects collection awoooooogah

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Victory Position posted:

you know what my serial killer podcast needs? the Hanna-Barbera sound effects collection awoooooogah

serial serial! killer killer! p-p-p-p-podcasttttttt

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lol remember when they gave the macarthur "genius" grant to jad for radiolab and his "musical contributions" (he has a bachelors in composition)

i'm sure that stuck in his craw

lol and they kept up the donations begging then too

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I feel bad for Robert Krulwich there! I liked what he had to say.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I forgot what he got into some trouble over more than a few years back... I think it had to do with like a chemical weapon used against some villages in laos, and he pulled some “well my facts say that this didn’t happen” and basically pantomimed the fbi crime statistics but with like dod war crime statistics

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
that 'sode prominently featured a weeping laotian woman telling them that they were wrong

it was real gross

fwiw there isn't much evidence supporting that it actually happened

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Seems like a lot was going on with it lol https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kao_Kalia_Yang#Controversies

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

absolutely wild that this is a "controversy" under her page and not his lmao

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

It used to be! https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Robert_Krulwich&oldid=660219703

Just peep the discussion on the edits for it slowly getting more and more smaller until its fully redacted.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

in listening to this RWN about Venice, sort of surprised a paint bucket didn't fall on Dolan's head, causing a white stripe to be streaked down his back, causing a series of antics with a lovesick cartoon skunk all throughout the ancient city-nation

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Larry Parrish posted:

i dont know why everyone thinks they need to copy the three mic format. ideally, donoteat doesn't have anybody on that podcast besides an occasional guest who's more knowledgeable on something specific. i dont like either of the other guys on there's your problem

you should stop calling a trans woman a guy

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Victory Position posted:

id listen to this tho

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

getfiscal's cold open for chapo made good use of sound effects

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

Phone posted:

SILENCE!!

this and ian hitting the slide whistle on himself are 2 of the best things they have done in a while. sad the stavbot hasnt made an appearance yet, happy that adam will be driven insane by nick again soon.

bring some of the fire back to cumtown

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
CoolAdamBot

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

id listen to this tho

:same: Matt taibbi had a soundboard for a couple of episodes of Tarfu report and he used it pretty well

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
https://twitter.com/BazizioGaming/status/1202798790102540288?s=19

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

how many levels of bit deep are we here

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

What happened?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i have no idea what this means please don't explain

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
wtf is bazinga gaming and why are they relevant, they don’t have that many followers on either platform

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

please read that thread, it's so funny

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
yeah, you’re not kidding:

But the fact of the matter is that we are a very data driven company. And you are rated as a B-Tier influencer by our metrics.

talk about damning someone with faint praise

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

https://twitter.com/BazizioGaming/status/1202800495154216960

please forgive us o merciful blob

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
I'm pretty sure Felix is an American Dad fan. It would at least explain why he recently got into Crazy Town's Butterfly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8H-0z9yGCM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
I have absolutely zero contest for any of this but I just started scrolling through those tweets and uhm,

https://twitter.com/BazizioGaming/status/1202800495154216960/photo/1

:psyduck:

Helsing has issued a correction as of 06:32 on Dec 6, 2019