Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

volts5000 posted:

gently caress! I've got this guy on another message board just listing all the examples of Corbyn antisemitism and asking that I address the substance of each incident. I tried to explain how charges like that are being used by anti-leftists to discredit them while providing cover for real antisemitism. I'm an American and I've been wrapped up too much in our primary. Anybody have a handy primer I can look at or am I barking up a wrong tree?
General principle for that sort of bollocks: specifically ask for his three strongest examples. That way he can’t just pivot to the next one on the list after you debunk them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

volts5000 posted:

gently caress! I've got this guy on another message board just listing all the examples of Corbyn antisemitism and asking that I address the substance of each incident. I tried to explain how charges like that are being used by anti-leftists to discredit them while providing cover for real antisemitism. I'm an American and I've been wrapped up too much in our primary. Anybody have a handy primer I can look at or am I barking up a wrong tree?

"All the examples"?

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Since this new police chief got elected and promised to get tough on crime, the arrest figures have almost doubled! I for one am shocked that there's so much crime under his tenure, shocked. Whatever he says, the high rate of people being arrested and tried for crimes just shows how he's fostering a safe environment for criminals to exist, and he should resign immediately so we can go back to how it was when the arrest rate was low and you could walk the streets at night. Not that you would, too many criminals.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Ah, the gish gallop in the wild!

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

The last week of the campaign is the most important as this is the time which most people decide who to vote for, so expect propaganda overdrive from the Tory press

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

ro5s posted:

they're shook :getin:

Jel Shaker posted:

The last week of the campaign is the most important as this is the time which most people decide who to vote for, so expect propaganda overdrive from the Tory press
Yeah, I'd love to believe they're nervous, but I really don't think the Tory press have enough of a soul to be shook. This is just what they do the last week of the election - endless giant headlines about how (Labour leader) is a complete idiot evil genius who'll run the country into the ground through their feckless incompetence, while simultaneously executing a flawless scheme to impose communism on the home counties/guillotine the queen/force decent folk to live next to people with a funny tinge.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.

Necrothatcher posted:

"All the examples"?

Yeah. So far he's done:

- Commented on a mural
- Present at a wreath laying
- Said "Epstein" with an extra shoosh
- chakrabarti
- Writing of foreword of Hobson's book
- "Labour adopts ihra antisemitism definition in full"
- 2013 Labour speech where he called out Zionists

I think the fucker has them bookmarked and ready to whip out any time Corbyn's mentioned. I could argue that it's all performative bullshit and point to Corbyn's body of work and manifesto, but he'll just go back to "address the substance of the incidents!"

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I hear that John McDonnell plans to take old coal power plants and refit them to run on burning landlords?

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Dec 6, 2019

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

volts5000 posted:

Yeah. So far he's done:

- Commented on a mural
- chakrabarti

I think the fucker has them bookmarked and ready to whip out any time Corbyn's mentioned. I could argue that it's all performative bullshit and point to Corbyn's body of work and manifesto, but he'll just go back to "address the substance of the incidents!"

Then don't. Call out his Gish gallop for what is it, say he's grasping and straws maliciously, and link him that list of times he's defended Jews here. You're not convincing him, you're convincing any audience, so you say he's bullshiting, link the list, and leave.

Nothingtoseehere fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Dec 6, 2019

Chuff McNothing
Sep 9, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

volts5000 posted:

Yeah. So far he's done:

- Commented on a mural
- chakrabarti

wish him all the best for when he loses his job and home and move on with your life.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

Nothingtoseehere posted:

Then don't. Call out his Gish gallop for what is it, say he's grasping and straws maliciously, and link him that list of times he's defended Jews here. You're not convincing him, you're convincing any audience, so you say he's bullshiting, link the list, and leave.

Chuff McNothing posted:

wish him all the best for when he loses his job and home and move on with your life.

Link doesn't work, but I get the gist. Still working on walking into stupid debates with these people. Can't reach them all.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

volts5000 posted:

Link doesn't work, but I get the gist. Still working on walking into stupid debates with these people. Can't reach them all.

Here try this link instead. Think just changing edit to pub at the end works?

If it's still not working and that's just my cache, here:

50 times Jeremy Corbyn took a stand to defend Jewish People and Jewish life in Britain. Jeremy attacked Holocaust deniers, and pressured the police to do more to tackle antisemitism.

• Corbyn organises Apr 1977 defence of Jewish-populated Wood Green from a neo-Nazi march.
• EDM 987, Corbyn campaigned to protect Jewish cemetery from sale to property developers.
• EDM 3933, 7 Nov 1990: Corbyn denounced the rise of anti-Semitic publications.
• EDM 356, 25 June 1992, Corbyn censures a Holocaust denier, warning antisemitism is on the rise
• EDM 435, 6 July 1992, Corbyn slammed Rupert Murdoch for paying £83,000 for the Goebbels Diaries
• EDM 706, 2 Nov. 1992, Corbyn is main sponsor on a motion condemning the National Front for insulting Holocaust victims by laying wreaths at the cenotaph
• EDM 1474, 25 Feb. 1993, Jeremy signed a motion condemning rise of Nazism in Huntingdon
• EDM 1364, 21 June 1994, Jeremy Corbyn expresses fear antisemitism is on the rise
• EDM 1413, 29 June 1994, Corbyn signed a motion calling on the Director of Public Prosecutions to do more to tackle antisemitism
• EDM 634, 11 April 2000: Corbyn denounces David Irving for being a Holocaust denier.
• EDM 1124, 6 Nov 2000: Corbyn signs motion paying tribute to ‘British Schindler’, Bill Barazetti, for saving the lives of Jewish children in World War II.
• EDM 742, 28 Jan 2002: Corbyn praises football clubs for commemorating Holocaust Memorial Day.
• EDM 1233, 30 April 2002: Corbyn is primary sponsor of a motion condemning antisemitic vandalism of Finsbury Park Synagogue
• May 2002: Corbyn helps organise vigil for Finsbury Park Synagogue after antisemitic attack.
• EDM 1691, 23 July 2002: Corbyn denounces attack on a synagogue in Swansea.
• EDM 123, 26 Nov 2003: Corbyn condemns attacks on two synagogues in Istanbul.
• EDM 461, 21 January 2004: Corbyn signs motion condemning the French government’s moves to ban religious symbols—including the Jewish kippa—in French schools.
• EDM 646, 23 February 2004: Corbyn lambasts the annual rise in antisemitic incidents.
• EDM 717, 26 February 2004: Corbyn signs motion praising Simon Wiesenthal for bringing Nazi perpetrators of the Holocaust to justice.
• EDM 1613, 8 September 2004: Corbyn co-sponsors motion expressing concern over the future of the United Synagogue Pension Scheme.
• EDM 1699, 11 Oct 2004: Corbyn signs motion condemning arbitrary attacks on civilians in both Israel and Palestine.
• EDM 343, 16 June 2005: Corbyn censures the desecration of a Jewish cemetery in West Ham.
• EDM 1774, 8 Mar 2006: Corbyn signs motion condemning an Iranian newspaper for soliciting cartoons about the Holocaust.
• EDM 1267, 16 Apr 2006: Corbyn signs motion condemning Bryan Ferry for antisemitic remarks.
• EDM 2414, 26 June 2006: Corbyn signs motion praising British war veterans for their efforts to combat the Holocaust.
• EDM 2705, 10 Oct 2006: Corbyn marks the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Cable Street.
• EDM 271, 14 Nov 2007: Corbyn co-sponsors motion urging further efforts to address poverty and social exclusion in the Jewish community of East London.
• EDM 1453, 12 May 2008: Corbyn salutes the memory of the Jewish heroes of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising.
• EDM 2350, 27 Oct 2008: Corbyn marks the 70th anniversary of Kristallnacht.
• EDM 605, 27 Jan 2009: Corbyn welcomes action against antisemitism on university campuses.
• EDM 917, 26 Feb 2009: Corbyn signs motion condemning antisemitism on the internet.
• EDM 1175, 24 March 2009: Corbyn pays tribute to British citizens who rescued Jewish people during the Holocaust.
• EDM 2145 22 Oct. 2009 Corbyn condemns BBC for giving air time to ‘holocaust denying’ BNP
• EDM 337, 2 December 2009: Corbyn signs motion condemning discrimination against minorities, including Jews, in Iran.
• EDM 850, 9 February 2010: Corbyn calls for investigation into antisemitism on Facebook.
• EDM 891, 22 February 2010: Corbyn urges UK Gov to re-settle Yemeni Jews in Britain.
• EDM 908, 27 Oct 2010: Corbyn pays tribute to the late-Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin.
• EDM 1527, 3 Mar 2011: Corbyn condemns the antisemitic remarks of John Galliano.
• EDM 2870, 14 Mar 2012: Corbyn condemns the sale of Nazi memorabilia in Bristol.
• EDM 2866, 14 Mar 2012: Corbyn co-sponsors motion condemning antisemitism in Latvia.
• EDM 2899, 20 Mar 2012: Corbyn condemns an attack on a Jewish school in Toulouse.
• EDM 168, 12 June 2012: Corbyn denounces antisemitism in Polish & Ukrainian football
• EDM 195, 13 June 2012: Corbyn co-sponsors motion calling on the BBC to reverse its decision to drop a Jewish community programme (‘Jewish Citizen Manchester’) from its schedule.
• EDM 1133, 1 Mar 2013: Corbyn signs motion condemning antisemitism in sport.
• 1 October 2013: Corbyn is one of the few MPs to publicly defend the late-Ralph Miliband from Daily Mail antisemitism.
• June 2015: Corbyn participates in ceremony to commemorate the founding of the North London Synagogue in Islington.
• EDM 165, 22 June 2015: Corbyn denounces a neo-Nazi rally planned for Golders Green, where many Jews live, and calls for protection of local residents.
• 25 June 2015: Corbyn is leads calls for counter-demonstration in defence of Jewish residents in Golders Green. The neo-Nazi march is re-routed.
• 9 Oct 2016: Corbyn, close to tears, leads commemoration of the Battle of Cable Street.
• 3 Dec 2016: Corbyn visits Terezín concentration camp to commemorate Holocaust victims

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

HJB posted:

Blimey.

I wonder to what extent his television apology will shield them from any possible legal action.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

Shyrka posted:

Here try this link instead. Think just changing edit to pub at the end works?

If it's still not working and that's just my cache, here:

50 times Jeremy Corbyn took a stand to defend Jewish People and Jewish life in Britain. Jeremy attacked Holocaust deniers, and pressured the police to do more to tackle antisemitism.

• Corbyn organises Apr 1977 defence of Jewish-populated Wood Green from a neo-Nazi march.
• EDM 987, Corbyn campaigned to protect Jewish cemetery from sale to property developers.
• EDM 3933, 7 Nov 1990: Corbyn denounced the rise of anti-Semitic publications.
• EDM 356, 25 June 1992, Corbyn censures a Holocaust denier, warning antisemitism is on the rise
• EDM 435, 6 July 1992, Corbyn slammed Rupert Murdoch for paying £83,000 for the Goebbels Diaries
• EDM 706, 2 Nov. 1992, Corbyn is main sponsor on a motion condemning the National Front for insulting Holocaust victims by laying wreaths at the cenotaph
• EDM 1474, 25 Feb. 1993, Jeremy signed a motion condemning rise of Nazism in Huntingdon
• EDM 1364, 21 June 1994, Jeremy Corbyn expresses fear antisemitism is on the rise
• EDM 1413, 29 June 1994, Corbyn signed a motion calling on the Director of Public Prosecutions to do more to tackle antisemitism
• EDM 634, 11 April 2000: Corbyn denounces David Irving for being a Holocaust denier.
• EDM 1124, 6 Nov 2000: Corbyn signs motion paying tribute to ‘British Schindler’, Bill Barazetti, for saving the lives of Jewish children in World War II.
• EDM 742, 28 Jan 2002: Corbyn praises football clubs for commemorating Holocaust Memorial Day.
• EDM 1233, 30 April 2002: Corbyn is primary sponsor of a motion condemning antisemitic vandalism of Finsbury Park Synagogue
• May 2002: Corbyn helps organise vigil for Finsbury Park Synagogue after antisemitic attack.
• EDM 1691, 23 July 2002: Corbyn denounces attack on a synagogue in Swansea.
• EDM 123, 26 Nov 2003: Corbyn condemns attacks on two synagogues in Istanbul.
• EDM 461, 21 January 2004: Corbyn signs motion condemning the French government’s moves to ban religious symbols—including the Jewish kippa—in French schools.
• EDM 646, 23 February 2004: Corbyn lambasts the annual rise in antisemitic incidents.
• EDM 717, 26 February 2004: Corbyn signs motion praising Simon Wiesenthal for bringing Nazi perpetrators of the Holocaust to justice.
• EDM 1613, 8 September 2004: Corbyn co-sponsors motion expressing concern over the future of the United Synagogue Pension Scheme.
• EDM 1699, 11 Oct 2004: Corbyn signs motion condemning arbitrary attacks on civilians in both Israel and Palestine.
• EDM 343, 16 June 2005: Corbyn censures the desecration of a Jewish cemetery in West Ham.
• EDM 1774, 8 Mar 2006: Corbyn signs motion condemning an Iranian newspaper for soliciting cartoons about the Holocaust.
• EDM 1267, 16 Apr 2006: Corbyn signs motion condemning Bryan Ferry for antisemitic remarks.
• EDM 2414, 26 June 2006: Corbyn signs motion praising British war veterans for their efforts to combat the Holocaust.
• EDM 2705, 10 Oct 2006: Corbyn marks the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Cable Street.
• EDM 271, 14 Nov 2007: Corbyn co-sponsors motion urging further efforts to address poverty and social exclusion in the Jewish community of East London.
• EDM 1453, 12 May 2008: Corbyn salutes the memory of the Jewish heroes of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising.
• EDM 2350, 27 Oct 2008: Corbyn marks the 70th anniversary of Kristallnacht.
• EDM 605, 27 Jan 2009: Corbyn welcomes action against antisemitism on university campuses.
• EDM 917, 26 Feb 2009: Corbyn signs motion condemning antisemitism on the internet.
• EDM 1175, 24 March 2009: Corbyn pays tribute to British citizens who rescued Jewish people during the Holocaust.
• EDM 2145 22 Oct. 2009 Corbyn condemns BBC for giving air time to ‘holocaust denying’ BNP
• EDM 337, 2 December 2009: Corbyn signs motion condemning discrimination against minorities, including Jews, in Iran.
• EDM 850, 9 February 2010: Corbyn calls for investigation into antisemitism on Facebook.
• EDM 891, 22 February 2010: Corbyn urges UK Gov to re-settle Yemeni Jews in Britain.
• EDM 908, 27 Oct 2010: Corbyn pays tribute to the late-Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin.
• EDM 1527, 3 Mar 2011: Corbyn condemns the antisemitic remarks of John Galliano.
• EDM 2870, 14 Mar 2012: Corbyn condemns the sale of Nazi memorabilia in Bristol.
• EDM 2866, 14 Mar 2012: Corbyn co-sponsors motion condemning antisemitism in Latvia.
• EDM 2899, 20 Mar 2012: Corbyn condemns an attack on a Jewish school in Toulouse.
• EDM 168, 12 June 2012: Corbyn denounces antisemitism in Polish & Ukrainian football
• EDM 195, 13 June 2012: Corbyn co-sponsors motion calling on the BBC to reverse its decision to drop a Jewish community programme (‘Jewish Citizen Manchester’) from its schedule.
• EDM 1133, 1 Mar 2013: Corbyn signs motion condemning antisemitism in sport.
• 1 October 2013: Corbyn is one of the few MPs to publicly defend the late-Ralph Miliband from Daily Mail antisemitism.
• June 2015: Corbyn participates in ceremony to commemorate the founding of the North London Synagogue in Islington.
• EDM 165, 22 June 2015: Corbyn denounces a neo-Nazi rally planned for Golders Green, where many Jews live, and calls for protection of local residents.
• 25 June 2015: Corbyn is leads calls for counter-demonstration in defence of Jewish residents in Golders Green. The neo-Nazi march is re-routed.
• 9 Oct 2016: Corbyn, close to tears, leads commemoration of the Battle of Cable Street.
• 3 Dec 2016: Corbyn visits Terezín concentration camp to commemorate Holocaust victims

That one worked. I linked it. Said I'm out. Now he sealioning me with "So you're not going to address the substance!" I've never been sealioned before.

Thanks guys! Y'all are awesome!

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

There are literal millions of people in the country who are undecided or who are unsure about their decision. It's far better to go and chat to one of those people than get drawn into a fight with some deadset Tory who's pretending to care about the way Corbyn pronounced the name "Epstein".

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

i do appreciate just "chakrabarti"

one of the UKs greatest human rights activists and now shes just declared an anti-semite for Reasons

reason: consorting with the dread corbyn

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

Communist Thoughts posted:

i do appreciate just "chakrabarti"

one of the UKs greatest human rights activists and now shes just declared an anti-semite for Reasons

reason: consorting with the dread corbyn

I was copy/pasting as fast as I can but still trying to add context. When I got to that listing, I tried to figure out what to say. I got rushed and just cp'ed "chakrabati" hoping y'all would know the story.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

HJB posted:

Blimey.

Wow they must be shook af to be bringing out guns this big.

e; Also I know he must have a will of iron but I really feel bad for Corbyn over this stuff. Spend your entire life trying to make the world better, fighting for the marginalized and oppressed, and absolute scum of the earth manage to create the narrative that you're the one who is bigoted and lusts for concentration camps.

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Dec 6, 2019

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

Ms Adequate posted:

Wow they must be shook af to be bringing out guns this big.

e; Also I know he must have a will of iron but I really feel bad for Corbyn over this stuff. Spend your entire life trying to make the world better, fighting for the marginalized and oppressed, and absolute scum of the earth manage to create the narrative that you're the one who is bigoted and lusts for concentration camps.

"You choose a thankless job. You can’t be upset when nobody thanks you. Don’t start chasing applause and acclaim. That way lies madness."

- Ron Swanson

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

HJB posted:

Blimey.

They are going all in on the lies.

As an outside observer, what might be some of the better sites to check in terms of things like polling data?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Nucleic Acids posted:

As an outside observer, what might be some of the better sites to check in terms of things like polling data?

Tea leaves are just as valid right now

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
The entire reason for the red background - which will, amusingly, make it harder for the Torygraph's elderly readers to actually read the article - is to catch people's attention when they're in the shop.

Maybe 1 extra person will buy the newspaper because they get confused and think it's The Mirror.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Nucleic Acids posted:

P much what Jel said.

In 2017, the polling average showed the Tories 8 points ahead, and when you took out the two bizarre outliers that had Labour within a point or two, it was closer to a 10 point lead. As late as the day before the election, we had polls showing a 13 point Tory lead. In the end, the gap was 2 points.

This time around with a week to go, the average is an 11 point Tory lead. The polling companies swear up and down that they learned their lesson last time around and this time the polls are more reflective, but then some of them have methodology that predicts a 14 point Tory victory with turnout of under-35s at 30%, when 2017 had under-35 turnout of 50%+ and a million more people in that age bracket have registered to vote this time around. None of the polling groups seem to be very responsive to questions about how they're calculating these figures.

Maybe this time the pollsters have genuinely cracked the methodology secret and we're careening to doom under a Johnson mega-majority, maybe they're loving it up worse last time and Socialism is Coming. gently caress, maybe we get the exact same results as 2017 and we get to re-run the whole exiting election experience in a couple of months.

We're living in exciting times.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

sinky posted:

Have we finally reached peak Guardian

The comments below that article are brutal. Looks like the Guardian opened them by mistake and hastily closed them when they realised (they normally keep comments closed when they're running a Corbyn anti-semitism smear article).

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Pistol_Pete posted:

The comments below that article are brutal. Looks like the Guardian opened them by mistake and hastily closed them when they realised (they normally keep comments closed when they're running a Corbyn anti-semitism smear article).

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/05/scrub-antisemitism-out-of-labour-corbyn-wont-even-clean-his-own-house

It's basically a bloodbath of deleted comments

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I don't know what you're complaining about, the author of that article went out of her way to be scrupulously balanced in her writing.

quote:

Now, before I move on to the Queen’s Christmas speech section, this is the bit where we have to say that the Tories are worse, even if we’ve said it in multiple other articles, multiple times, including this week.

So here we go: Boris Johnson is probably even more useless round the house than Corbyn. Yes! Could Johnson rise to the level of Head Manager of the Whole Composting Arrangements? I sincerely doubt it. Keen to counteract the powerful impression that he does the bare minimum, one of Johnson’s early campaign videos saw him claim to have recently cooked “steak and oven chips”. I can imagine. Johnson’s got the definite look of one of those guys who mastermind a barbecue by letting the women have the endless faff of doing the shopping and the salads and the marinades and the sauces and so on, then stand by the grill with a beer and a pair of tongs, occasionally turning over the chicken drumsticks, taking the credit for “doing” the whole barbecue. (But of course: not all barbecuers.)

Also I have become immeasurably more stupid after skimming that piece. If there is an argument she is making somewhere beyond an excuse to write that headline it's entirely opaque to me. Even anti-Semitism is only mentioned once, in passing, without an actual point attached.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Praxiscast Episode 20: Transforming Ignorance

In a congruent bit of timing today's episode is all about :dksays:! Come join myself, mfcrocker, LastPerson and Sanitary Naptime as we take a look at all things gender including common trans terminology, the specifics of the UK's health treatment for gender dysphoria, how to recognise transphobia, the origins and practices of the UK's TERF movement and the current issues with transphobia in Scotland.

Remember everyone, :justtrans:

Rarity fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Dec 6, 2019

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Hyde's a posh rich girl who won't suffer, whoever the next government is, so it's all just a marvellous game to her. And she gets paid for writing this terribly witty stuff too!

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
ISP chat for a second to distract from poll chat briefly.

Is Three reliable as a provider for home Internet?

I'm on a BT landline, non fibre, with a max speed of 1.6MB a sec and there's absolutely no sign of the fibre network just a street away coming into ours in the near future.

It's slow, but reliable.

Three have their 4g unlimited package which, well 4g is roughly 5 times faster basically.

I'm just concerned with their network going down or the signal getting poo poo for misc reasons which could cut us off from the Internet.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
I was in a similar situation to yours but living in central Brighton and I eventually got a Three contract with a 3G home router and it was fine to use for general browsing and streaming. Can't remeber having an outtage. However, reliability and service are going to depend heavily on your location.

My contract had a 40 gb limit so ended up with my laptop in a lot of cafes etc. downloading netflix series. Living in a 3 person flat share with 2mb internet was horrendous.

I am sure you have thought about this but if you're with BT anyway do you have one of their 'fon' public routers that you can login with your details close to you? May be a sticking plaster but only use it connected to a VPN.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

volts5000 posted:

Yeah. So far he's done:

- Commented on a mural
- chakrabarti

I think this Mainly Macro article is what you're looking for. It specifically rebuts the mural, the Zionist thing, and the wreath.

But yea, if somebody is really getting bent out of shape over 'Epshtein' then the brain spiders are hatched and there's probably no hope. There's a fundamental disconnect between the incredibly minor, probably nonexistent offences Corbyn is supposed to have committed and the massive, moustache-twirling persona that's been concocted, and people who become gripped by those conspiracy theories are incredibly hard to free from them.

TACD fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Dec 6, 2019

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Epshtein rebuttal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxxSIX3fmmo

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Claiming that 'Epshtein' proves your deep antisemitic urges are coming to the surface is only barely this side of saying "Jeremy Corbyn uses the letter 'J' 20% more than other people, showing his unconscious hatred of the perfidious Jew!" That person will be involved in some kind of truther cult before too long.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Was she really in the Arron banks dms flirting with him?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
In the next week or so the Tory election machine will have to react to the ‘EHRC looks to investigate islamaphobia’ story whilst sending senior cabinet ministers to marginals where their candidates are on the record as being massively Islamophobic.

Will be interesting to see if it gets mentioned beyond the Graun and Mirror

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
This week's WDTAW has Huw specifically referencing Brown Moses defending himself over the "Russia did the American trade deal leaks" story on SA. There might be sinister political extremists watching us right here in this very thread! :tinfoil:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Total Meatlove posted:

In the next week or so the Tory election machine will have to react to the ‘EHRC looks to investigate islamaphobia’ story whilst sending senior cabinet ministers to marginals where their candidates are on the record as being massively Islamophobic.

Will be interesting to see if it gets mentioned beyond the Graun and Mirror

lol that you think they'd start an investigation now

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/Milo_Edwards/status/1202696944767950848?s=20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'm a couple hundred posts behind did this get posted?

https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/1202870340764020736?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

one thing i am scared about and i try not to think of too much is what another 5 years of tory rule are gonna do to our already shockingly poor rape conviction rates. so many women have been abused by this awful justice system and i can imagine another 5 years of underfunding and stat manipulation is gonna destroy so many womens lives. get angry just thinking about it.