Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

TACD posted:

Claiming that 'Epshtein' proves your deep antisemitic urges are coming to the surface is only barely this side of saying "Jeremy Corbyn uses the letter 'J' 20% more than other people, showing his unconscious hatred of the perfidious Jew!" That person will be involved in some kind of truther cult before too long.

It really was dreadful of Corbyn to impugn such a successful entrepreneur and job creator who recently died in tragic circumstances.

Edit: February 1, 1978: Another widely respected person flees persecution at the hands of the court of public opinion and also an actual court, skipping bail after pleading guilty to unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor. He remains wealthy, happy and active in the film industry. The system works!

My first idea for an edit was "Hooray, I get to count up from 7 this time! 7... 8..."

But, er, yeah. I found something relevant.

Braggart fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Dec 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Dreamed that we had won a labour majority and even after I woke up I lay there for a solid minute grinning like an idiot to myself before realising the election isn't till next week :smith:

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

:oldmanssay: I loving hate these things. They claim to be ‘cleaner’ than standard dryers but when I use them I can feel water being blown into my face, and the gap is so goddamn narrow that my hands always hit the sides. Dyson’s pulled a massive scam on the entire country getting these installed everywhere.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
angry robot with a large chin looking at us

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Worst loving urinal design ever.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

CGI Stardust posted:

angry robot with a large chin looking at us

lol

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
My dad was at an RAF base at the tail end of the cold war. He spent a lot of time preparing for all out nuclear death and said he was stressed about the fact that he got to go in the bunker with the other military people while his family stayed at home.

When a people carrier started driving through the housing blocks blasting "take your posts, this is not a drill" on a megaphone the whole base collectively kissed its rear end goodbye.

Some bellend had blown up a plane that came raining down on the village of Lockerbie a few miles north. The officers got everyone in their positions just to grab a few troops for the cleanup.

My dad had recently done a lengthy trip to some faraway RAF base so he was bottom of the list for random missions and got to give this one a miss.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

ThomasPaine posted:

Dreamed that we had won a labour majority and even after I woke up I lay there for a solid minute grinning like an idiot to myself before realising the election isn't till next week :smith:
Last week I dreamt Labour won 370 seats, but then yesterday I dreamt that Corbyn stood down as leader the day before the election. My brain is clearly trying to tell me that we’d win a massive majority if only Corbyn would step aside.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

TACD posted:

:oldmanssay: I loving hate these things. They claim to be ‘cleaner’ than standard dryers but when I use them I can feel water being blown into my face, and the gap is so goddamn narrow that my hands always hit the sides. Dyson’s pulled a massive scam on the entire country getting these installed everywhere.

Also he nicked the idea from Mitsubishi. Dyson is a dual cyclone bagless dick

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

TACD posted:

Once saw one being removed at the university where years of hand-piss residue had corroded away all along the bottom and down the sides.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

josh04 posted:

Once saw one being removed at the university where years of hand-piss residue had corroded away all along the bottom and down the sides.

https://twitter.com/invertiert/status/1202738972742574081

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/tristandross/status/1202875524131041280?s=20
https://twitter.com/Otto_English/status/1202875263027159042?s=20

smiling giraffe
Nov 12, 2015
Got my postal vote. I supposedly have a choice between voting for the libdems to keep the tories out or a wasted vote. Hate our electoral system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Albans_(UK_Parliament_constituency)

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
I know they've gone into full demoralisation mode and that it was expected and normal but goddamn does it work even when I know that it's bullshit, like, they may actually Comey this thing up

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

smiling giraffe posted:

Got my postal vote. I supposedly have a choice between voting for the libdems to keep the tories out or a wasted vote. Hate our electoral system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Albans_(UK_Parliament_constituency)

lib dems are tories, vote labour

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

TACD posted:

There's also this:

Teh Gruniard posted:

Sir James Dyson, the British billionaire inventor and outspoken Brexiter who called on the government to walk away from the EU without a deal, is moving the headquarters of his vacuum cleaner and hair dryer technology company to Singapore.

And also:

þe Gurnarid posted:

Speaking about the impact on the UK economy from the fallout of the EU referendum vote, Dyson, who backed Brexit, said the pound had been “talked down” and there was no reason for it to fall.

He said there were no plans to bring the firm’s Malaysian manufacturing operation back to the UK following sterling’s slump. But he said he would consider setting up a British manufacturing operation in the future if it was “the right thing to do”.

Suck my dick hard enough and I might bring some jobs back to the UK :smug:

I preferred the one who heroically sacrificed himself to save the Connors :roboluv:

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Ah, the piss dungeon guy is back.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

coward

https://twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1202881993618444288?s=20

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

smiling giraffe posted:

voting for the libdems to keep the tories out

I have an interesting historical fact about this

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

Jose posted:

i'm a couple hundred posts behind did this get posted?

https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/1202870340764020736?s=20

quote:

The group chat – which also includes users named ‘Burnsy’, ‘Cheeks’, ‘Josh’ and ‘Morty’ – was understood to have been between serving military personnel.

SMH at the media spin keeping the entirely vindicated Ricey out of the story,

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/Rknepper_/status/1202686219546742793

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

ThomasPaine posted:

lib dems are tories, vote labour

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I have an interesting historical fact about this

What's the benefit of them voting labour when labour can't win in their constituency?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Mega Comrade posted:

What's the benefit of them voting labour when labour can't win in their constituency?

They did not vote for a tory.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

There's no particular indication the lib dems can either.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Labour are doing An Important Announcement imminently on Facebook and presumably elsewhere. Over 9000 people watching a blank FB stream right now.

Actually it's like 8800 people but can't resist ye olde meme.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

OwlFancier posted:

There's no particular indication the lib dems can either.

I didn't look at the particular constituency but I suppose I'm talking about tactical voting as a whole.

Chuff McNothing
Sep 9, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

amber rudd got elected on the same position :shrug:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

sebzilla posted:

Labour are doing An Important Announcement imminently on Facebook and presumably elsewhere. Over 9000 people watching a blank FB stream right now.

can corbyn stop being antisemitic smh

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Mega Comrade posted:

It's entirely possible there's a large number of people in his constituency thinking "well I'd love to vote labour, but they can't win here oh well lib dem it is!" and if they all voted labour they'd have a labour mp

Not likely, but possible

Whereas LibDems teaming up with the Tories and voting to take disabled people's benefits away isn't just possible, it happened

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

sebzilla posted:

Got a link?

E:

https://en-gb.facebook.com/labourparty/videos/564745497427857/

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
They are hiring the mirror chicken to mock debate against corbyn as viewers are tired of the old interruption format book it

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Seems like it's just brexit stuff?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

It's entirely possible there's a large number of people in his constituency thinking "well I'd love to vote labour, but they can't win here oh well lib dem it is!" and if they all voted labour they'd have a labour mp

Not likely, but possible

Whereas LibDems teaming up with the Tories and voting to take disabled people's benefits away isn't just possible, it happened

God drat it's not even that unlikely

If the Tories haemorrhage support, Labour can easily take that. They have enough ground game and the LibDems might well lose support too with all their Swinson crap

Vote labour imo

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Mega Comrade posted:

Labour can win if enough people vote for them, and a lib dem is functionally no different to a Tory.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Also even if Labour don't win, there is potential to shrink a majority, and turn the seat into a marginal target for next election.

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only
Hey goons. Kinda screaming into the void here.

My best friend got sexually assaulted last night. A guy rubbed against and ejaculated on them when they went outside for a cigarette.
It's at the point where they've had enough of male friends expressing outrage like this is an uncommon thing to happen.

I guess I'm posting this as somewhere to vent, maybe raise awareness? I don't know.
Feeling kinda impotent, which is hurting motivation to get out and leaflet/door-knock.

I know a lot of society's ills that I can point to something in the Labour manifesto to say "this will improve things". I'm less confident on this.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

More documents!

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

big scary monsters posted:

I don't know what you're complaining about, the author of that article went out of her way to be scrupulously balanced in her writing.

Marina Snide posted:

Now, before I move on to the Queen’s Christmas speech section, this is the bit where we have to say that the Tories are worse, even if we’ve said it in multiple other articles, multiple times, including this week.

So here we go: Boris Johnson is probably even more useless round the house than Corbyn.

Also I have become immeasurably more stupid after skimming that piece. If there is an argument she is making somewhere beyond an excuse to write that headline it's entirely opaque to me. Even anti-Semitism is only mentioned once, in passing, without an actual point attached.

Ah yes, Johnson's domestic habits, known to include screaming at his girlfriend and having to be told to "get off me", are very comparable to Corbyn's domestic habits of eating cold beans and being boring.

Now let's compare quotes from that article:

quote:

“I am good at putting the garbage out,” Corbyn countered. He also claimed wryly to be “head manager of the whole composting arrangements”, which is certainly better than twinkling: “Look, the household is her domain, my life wouldn’t be worth living if I got involved in all that”, but arguably means something similar in practical terms.

Corbyn is a crypto sexist.

quote:

Then again, tribalism dictates that Corbyn’s focus on bin duties will be regarded as charming by many of the exact same people who lost their poo poo at the last election when Theresa May suggested to the One Show that there were “girl jobs and boy jobs”, and that one of the boy jobs was doing the bins. Back then, many people greeted this non-drama with mild observations such as “I truly despair” and “sexism at its finest”. Guys, you don’t have to do anything other than detest her. But if the girl in question has made it to prime minister, it’s probably OK to say this stuff within her own marriage?

Actually sexism is okay. Also Theresa May is unfairly maligned.

quote:

As for Corbyn, perhaps he is like many gentleman dishwasher stackers or countertop wipers we have known. (But of course, not all.) Which is to say, he brings the same level of deliberate incompetence to doing the household dusting as he does to investigating Labour antisemitism – perhaps hoping that if he does both those jobs sufficiently poorly he won’t be asked to do them ever again.

My speculation proves that Corbyn is a disingenous lazy sexist, and the antisemitism scandal deserves a trivial comparison like this because I am very smart.

quote:

Johnson’s got the definite look of one of those guys who mastermind a barbecue by letting the women have the endless faff of doing the shopping and the salads and the marinades and the sauces and so on, then stand by the grill with a beer and a pair of tongs, occasionally turning over the chicken drumsticks, taking the credit for “doing” the whole barbecue. (But of course: not all barbecuers.)

Johnson is manly! At least his sexism is traditionally masculine! Also I'm speculating again!

quote:

As for Corbyn’s refusal to take up the prime ministerial country residence of Chequers on principle should he win next week, this is the diametric opposite to Donald Trump’s refusal to use Camp David and preferring to use his Floridian golf hotel, Mar-a-Lago. As this and all his other interviews ever would attest, Corbyn is not he sort of guy to own a Floridian golf hotel. I hear there is a small structure on his allotment, but certainly nothing with a repro Louis Quatorze ballroom. Apart from anything else, who’d clean it?

Er, what? Like, what does this even mean? It seems to be just a flood of meaningless performative cleverness. Marina Hyde, everybody.

Well poo poo I ended up quoting most of the article because it was all so dumb.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

15 page report from the government.

Proves there will be customs checks between NI and GB.

Potential for tariffs to send goods to NI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

"Highly disruptive to the northern irish economy, equivalent to imposing tariffs on 30% of purchases."

"may have a significant effect on the economis of scotland and wales"

"northern ireland may become a backdoor into the GB market for the avoidance of duties"

"the withdrawal agreement has the potential to separate NI in practice from huge swathes of the UK market"