Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

https://twitter.com/michaelmphysics/status/872396379909390336

Edit: Seven of Nine is a character from the Star Warts, I think. Have a picture of R2-D2:

Braggart fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Dec 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Corbyn is a better journalist than journalists.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

VideoGames posted:

he used to be one so understands the profession

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

"Why would I only talk to half a country, I don't want to live in half a country" is a pretty good one imo.

Doing a good job of selling the neutrality as the way forward.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

New PraxisCast is up, and it's our special on being trans in the UK.

https://twitter.com/PraxisCast/status/1202886437890396160?s=20

Gotta say, very proud of the Pod (people) for doing this stuff too! I'm looking forward to being a lot less pig-ignorant about this.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Edison was a dick posted:

Hey goons. Kinda screaming into the void here.

My best friend got sexually assaulted last night. A guy rubbed against and ejaculated on them when they went outside for a cigarette.
It's at the point where they've had enough of male friends expressing outrage like this is an uncommon thing to happen.

I guess I'm posting this as somewhere to vent, maybe raise awareness? I don't know.
Feeling kinda impotent, which is hurting motivation to get out and leaflet/door-knock.

I know a lot of society's ills that I can point to something in the Labour manifesto to say "this will improve things". I'm less confident on this.

I'm really sorry about your friend's experience. Unfortunately rape culture is so ingrained into society that fixing it is way outside the realms of the Overton window at the moment :sigh: The best thing you can do is act on a personal basis. Be a good ally. Call out poo poo among your male friends. Lift women in your life up and give them the space to speak for themselves. It's a long journey and it's going to take everyone speaking out against it to make it happen.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

This is pretty good:

https://twitter.com/jimongus/status/1201992550946607105

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

I wonder if Corbyn will treat this final debate as his last chance saloon and throw a few low blows at boris, but he probably won’t and will just stick to the issues

Could even do a debate bingo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol the US debates are going to be an insanely old man challenging trump to doing push ups and I wish thats what corbyn had done to boris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbEJpr4A9mQ

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

My best friend got sexually assaulted last night. A guy rubbed against and ejaculated on them when they went outside for a cigarette.
It's at the point where they've had enough of male friends expressing outrage like this is an uncommon thing to happen.

I guess I'm posting this as somewhere to vent, maybe raise awareness? I don't know.
Feeling kinda impotent, which is hurting motivation to get out and leaflet/door-knock.

I know a lot of society's ills that I can point to something in the Labour manifesto to say "this will improve things". I'm less confident on this.

Ugh. Hope they're gonna press charges

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Braggart posted:

My prediction for the Johnson/Neil thing*: Neil will not back down. His pride is at stake. Johnson will not back down. His pride is at stake. Johnson has managed to burn his bridges with a major player at the BBC, rendering the institution's sycophancy less all-encompassing towards him. Johnson will take more damage from this than Neil, as Neil will get to play-act the hard-hitting journalist for the public, and Johnson looks like ever more of a ridiculous coward. Johnson will eventually be talked into a humiliating climbdown, and Neil will twist the knife because he's pissed and is no less arrogant than Johnson. It should be fun to watch :munch:

And if Johnson doesn't back down, Neil will be pushing his cowardice and lies all the way to election day, because this is personal :getin:

*Not the johnson/kneel thing, which is much more enjoyable as long as it doesn't involve either of the bastards in question.

lol :D

This looks like a play by Johnson to not have to back down. I wonder how Neil will respond? Will this be good enough for him, or will he loose another broadside?

Gonna have egg on my face if I turn out to be wrong about the rest, but what the hell, egg is tasty :yum:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

OwlFancier posted:

"Why would I only talk to half a country, I don't want to live in half a country" is a pretty good one imo.

The current PM is half a country. The first half, to be exact.

Chuff McNothing
Sep 9, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

VideoGames posted:

Do you want the CIA agent brown moses to turn up again with his "legitimate concerns"

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Honestly, isn't this whole Neill/Boris thing almost the definition of inside Westminster baseball? This poo poo is only watched by lunatics likes us and everyone else who made up their mind.

I'm having a hard time imagining some northern community where things are going to poo poo really switching votes on the basis of Andrew Neill talking to Johnson.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

God drat it's not even that unlikely

If the Tories haemorrhage support, Labour can easily take that. They have enough ground game and the LibDems might well lose support too with all their Swinson crap

Vote labour imo

LOL I used to work with Daisy for several years. She's alright in person, but mocked her for being a piss Tory and standing in 2010. I knew she stood again, but assumed she would have learnt her lesson by now

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009

Junior G-man posted:

Honestly, isn't this whole Neill/Boris thing almost the definition of inside Westminster baseball? This poo poo is only watched by lunatics likes us and everyone else who made up their mind.

I'm having a hard time imagining some northern community where things are going to poo poo really switching votes on the basis of Andrew Neill talking to Johnson.

Eh, I think "Bohnson is a coward who wont do an interview that everyone else has done" has some resonance outside the politics knowers. I wouldn't say it would make a huge difference but its not completely irrelevant.

Edit: It probably has more resonance than the actual interview would have unless Neil made him very obviously literally poo poo himself on TV or something

Archaeology Hat fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Dec 6, 2019

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

anyone else hoping they gently caress it up and crash it into us?

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1202891178598776832?s=20

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Jedit posted:

The current PM is half a country. The first half, to be exact.

heh nice

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Candid answers during this Q&A, not bad.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Kin posted:

ISP chat for a second to distract from poll chat briefly.

Is Three reliable as a provider for home Internet?

I'm on a BT landline, non fibre, with a max speed of 1.6MB a sec and there's absolutely no sign of the fibre network just a street away coming into ours in the near future.

It's slow, but reliable.

Three have their 4g unlimited package which, well 4g is roughly 5 times faster basically.

I'm just concerned with their network going down or the signal getting poo poo for misc reasons which could cut us off from the Internet.

I literally this week got one of those Three home internet things. £22pm for unlimited broadband no phone line.

Just did a speed test - I've been getting these speeds every day since I got it. Early one evening it went down to about 50Mbps for a while but mostly it's fast. I'm using it on ethernet just now (I got the huwaii B535 gadget with ethernet ports, not the alexa gadget which is a bit more expensive per month anyway) because since Windows 10 update a few months ago, my wireless adaptor cuts out several times a day. PS I'm in Wales.

I've had a Three mifi for several years now - I'm on a 40GB for £18.25pm package (legacy). It's always been great and I've used that one in many parts of the UK.

In all the time I've had it, there's only been that one day a few weeks ago when Three was out for the day.

I'm getting really pissed off with the 'phone line broadband' package I ordered over a month ago not delivering so I might cancel it even though I always like to have a second available broadband line. Maybe I'll up my non-three phone to one with data.

Why don't you get one of the Three mifi things with a month's package and see what you think before committing yourself?

Edit: I'm not a gamer nor am I a nano-second stock market investor!

Edit 2: This is 4G. We don't have 5G in my area.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Dec 6, 2019

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

loving dreadful. My sympathy to your friend :(

I know it won't change what happened, but the pushback is working. #MeToo has done a phenomenal amount of good, and so many people who were scared to speak up and resigned to a sexist society are raising hell and not taking it any more. There's no putting the genie back in the bottle, no matter how much a few cunts try. We will bury them.

I guess a Labour government will help with such situations by reversing cuts to legal aid, funding support centres properly and taking the issue seriously, because the Tories sure as hell don't. I'm not trying to sing anyone's praises, just to maybe answer your question.

If you're not feeling up to canvassing, there's no shame in taking a break. E-hugs to you both :glomp:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Junior G-man posted:

https://twitter.com/afneil/status/1202893184319262752

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Ugh. Hope they're gonna press charges

Doubtful given past experiences with the police even if he could be identified.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/DrRobertZands/status/1202885891615645701?s=20
https://twitter.com/DrRobertZands/status/1202893614147395584?s=20

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

If we don't win this election I'm going to vomit.

https://twitter.com/_sianfh/status/1202673055379656704?s=20

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I literally this week got one of those Three home internet things. £22pm for unlimited broadband no phone line.

Just did a speed test - I've been getting these speeds every day since I got it. Early one evening it went down to about 50Mbps for a while but mostly it's fast. I'm using it on ethernet just now (I got the huwaii B535 gadget with ethernet ports, not the alexa gadget which is a bit more expensive per month anyway) because since Windows 10 update a few months ago, my wireless adaptor cuts out several times a day. PS I'm in Wales.

I've had a Three mifi for several years now - I'm on a 40GB for £18.25pm package (legacy). It's always been great and I've used that one in many parts of the UK.

In all the time I've had it, there's only been that one day a few weeks ago when Three was out for the day.

I'm getting really pissed off with the 'phone line broadband' package I ordered over a month ago not delivering so I might cancel it even though I always like to have a second available broadband line. Maybe I'll up my non-three phone to one with data.

Why don't you get one of the Three mifi things with a month's package and see what you think before committing yourself?

After the thread recommendation I got on their 5G service. Went from this:

to

Pretty good so far... But the Huawei router has dropped signal a few times and needed to be restarted. Going to try putting with direct line of sight to the mast.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

I do think May's cowardice (refusing to join the debates, barely engaging with the public at all) harmed her in 2017.

Accusations of cowardice definitely won't swing the election alone, but they can't hurt either - Boris' appeal is largely based on propaganda about his personality rather than policies. Him being made to look weak can help chip away at this.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Labour endorses marmite.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/141291631985950720?s=20

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Is 5G the one that's super prone to disruption?

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
gently caress me, Jezza's Lithuanian hacker doing sterling (lol) work again. Drop the truth bomb on the day of the leadership debate so the BBC can't avoid questions about it.

"Can't"

So, what are we betting on for the Andrew Neil empty chair? Peppa has been done and is more Cameron anyway. Ice sculpture is jus derivative. Blow up sex doll? Picture of the Corbyn chicken poster with Boris' face pasted on?

I do think the whole cowardice thing is likely to cut through, honestly. Especially as this now makes three empty chair sessions.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/huwlemmey/status/1202895472630910976?s=20

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Junior G-man posted:

Despite everything, some people still take the BBC seriously. It takes a lot of work to completely destroy the reputation it had, and IMO they're not there yet with everybody.

And those who do take the BBC seriously skew older. Guess who Boris needs to vote for him? ;)

My view is that the BBC is poo poo and Neil is a oval office, but when a mosquito is attacking a scorpion we should just count our blessings and enjoy the show :munch:

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

extremely depressed i understand this tweet

https://twitter.com/GhostofAckbar/status/1202720525698715649?s=19

wasting my life on the haunted bird app. anyway do you agree? what "dirtbag" people are red brown aligned anyway except the red scare people? isn't dirtbag kind of pkayed out anyway

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Pilchenstein posted:

Is 5G the one that's super prone to disruption?

Probably yes, for the moment, as coverage is still patchy. The 5G router falls back on 4G if the signal drops though.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Going on record RIGHT NOW that Labour will leak the Russia report before the 12th.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

this was edited yeah?

https://twitter.com/ceejayqueue/status/1202886634699722752

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

gh0stpinballa posted:

extremely depressed i understand this tweet

https://twitter.com/GhostofAckbar/status/1202720525698715649?s=19

wasting my life on the haunted bird app. anyway do you agree? what "dirtbag" people are red brown aligned anyway except the red scare people? isn't dirtbag kind of pkayed out anyway

stupidpol is nazbol

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I have a friend who buys deeply, very deeply, into the "labour antisemitism!" garbage.

I remember there being some good and effective refutations of that in here, but can't find it again, can someone help me out here? I'm probably only making things worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Fuckin antisarmite