Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

mlmp08 posted:

Ah, the first cop post on this page worthy of your comment, I see

Do I need to say "I disagree with this approach and I think these guys are bad" to every bad cop post you make?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Chichevache posted:

Do I need to say "I disagree with this approach and I think these guys are bad" to every bad cop post you make?

That would be unrealistic, but the silence is more evident when your posts are mostly just that you think everyone is too mean to cops and also that you are one of the Good Ones, and we should be so thankful. Or when you see a cop behaving badly, you say they're No True Copsman.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

mlmp08 posted:

Or when you see a cop behaving badly, you say they're No True Copsman.

:lol:

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

"This is how Operators work right? Just blast away?"

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

mlmp08 posted:

That would be unrealistic, but the silence is more evident when your posts are mostly just that you think everyone is too mean to cops and also that you are one of the Good Ones, and we should be so thankful. Or when you see a cop behaving badly, you say they're No True Copsman.

Gotcha. You just want to scream online today.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I'm just amused that literal entire class of nazi salute cops and cops firing wildly in a crowded area didn't get a peep out of you but the idea of cops not having as many guns was cause of you starting a tiff.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
:lol: Such a tiff.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

mlmp08 posted:

I'm just amused that literal entire class of nazi salute cops and cops firing wildly in a crowded area didn't get a peep out of you but the idea of cops not having as many guns was cause of you starting a tiff.

Man, if you just want to scream into the void you can use twitter. Personally, that doesn't make me feel better, so I dont see the need to quote every post like the ones you mentioned and go "yup, they bad". It doesn't do anything but prompt you and yours to come scream some more about how I'm a fascist because of your preconceptions about what I do for a living.

Edit
Btw you didnt specifically disavow the hostage takers. Your silence regarding their terrible actions speaks volumes about your character and clearly you'd rather use the death of the poor UPS driver to make a point, you sociopathic monster. :rolleyes:

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Dec 6, 2019

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

mlmp08 posted:

We're posting on SA. I would think that based on our posting history here you wouod know by now that we'd decry every single shitfuck thing that was posted in the last page. Guess I'll go through them, one by one.

EBB posted:

https://twitter.com/Vote4Beckford/status/1202363747370721281?s=20

I really hope OSINT figures out who this woman is.

gently caress that entitled racist white oval office, and gently caress the cops that threatened the guy for trying to report it.

I'm sure that someone's gonna report me for using that word but if she doesn't qualify then who the gently caress does?

gently caress that department, gently caress all moto thin blue line bullshit, and gently caress any dept that appropriates the TBL for insignia or uniforms or vehicles. It's tacky as gently caress, and alienates a ton of people.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Meanwhile

https://twitter.com/LeslieRubinWCHS/status/1202676899513880581

It should be noted that the government blurred these aspiring fascists’ faces, not any of the media outlets who have run this story.

gently caress all Nazis, neo nazis, and white supremacists. They have no place breathing, much less being in positions of power. They are wastes of space. Fire all of these fucks.

EBB posted:

Two suspects hijack a UPS truck, cops murder the UPS driver being held hostage and an innocent bystander FIRING INTO TRAFFIC

https://twitter.com/rklueber28/status/1202722185690914817?s=20

https://abcnews.go.com/US/multiple-fatalities-shootout-theft-ups-truck-florida-police/story?id=67531552

These idiots deserve to be charged with negligent homicide or involuntary manslaughter, or whatever their jurisdiction's equivalent is. This was reckless as all gently caress, and really, really loving stupid.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Bored As gently caress posted:

gently caress that entitled racist white oval office, and gently caress the cops that threatened the guy for trying to report it.

I'm sure that someone's gonna report me for using that word but if she doesn't qualify then who the gently caress does?

Sir, I have Crisis Intervention Team training and that woman clearly appears to be in the middle of a psychotic break or substance abuse issues (probably caused by a psychotic break). Please do not stigmatize her or her illness. I'm sure she's actually a great person.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Based on the article and video, it looks like the police opened fire on the truck first. Why? Given that there were hostages in a soft skin vehicle and it was in an area full of bystanders, wouldn’t it have made more tactical sense to exercise patience instead of shooting high velocity rounds that would penetrate both sides of the vehicle as well as probably at least two cars on either side of it? Why couldn’t they have pulled the cruisers back, followed it with a heli, and waited until the truck ran out of gas or wrecked and then negotiated a surrender?

And all this over a bunch of lovely stolen jewelry? Frankly it seems like a miracle that more bystanders weren’t killed.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Based on the article and video, it looks like the police opened fire on the truck first. Why? Given that there were hostages in a soft skin vehicle and it was in an area full of bystanders, wouldn’t it have made more tactical sense to exercise patience instead of shooting high velocity rounds that would penetrate both sides of the vehicle as well as probably at least two cars on either side of it? Why couldn’t they have pulled the cruisers back, followed it with a heli, and waited until the truck ran out of gas or wrecked and then negotiated a surrender?

And all this over a bunch of lovely stolen jewelry? Frankly it seems like a miracle that more bystanders weren’t killed.

Unless they were shooting indiscriminately as they drove I don't see a reason to engage them. As you said, it looks like the cops opened fire first, which would definitely be bad. But that doesn't necessarily mean the hostage takers hadn't been shooting as they fled (I dont see anything indicating they were, but a helicopter video is hardly the whole story, so I'm not ruling out the possibility based only on the short clip we have).

If they were behaving like active shooters amidst all those cars then it would have been a lose lose situation with no good choices that I could think of.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

the terror is the point.

or a more serious answer is decades of sheep dog thin blue line just want to get home safe war on cops bullshit and a public that is mostly ok with everyone badge wearing coward in the country murdering their way through the day

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Bored As gently caress posted:

gently caress that entitled racist white oval office

I'm starting to think you have a problem with women. Keep it the gently caress out of GIP.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Every cop involved in that shooting needs to be off the streets

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

McNally posted:

https://twitter.com/MiramarPD/status/1202731182720458752?s=20

Thankfully their use of civilians as ablative armor has paid off.

The tweet got deleted was that in response to the parkland cop that nope'd out and just get stuck in limbo or something?

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Stravag posted:

The tweet got deleted was that in response to the parkland cop that nope'd out and just get stuck in limbo or something?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Well. Im glad that we have civilians paid to stand by to give their lives to protect cops in need

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

EBB posted:

Two suspects hijack a UPS truck, cops murder the UPS driver being held hostage and an innocent bystander FIRING INTO TRAFFIC

https://twitter.com/rklueber28/status/1202722185690914817?s=20

https://abcnews.go.com/US/multiple-fatalities-shootout-theft-ups-truck-florida-police/story?id=67531552

Not only did the straight up murder that driver, look at the car behind the truck.

They had no loving idea what was in their backstop, which is to say they were unloading with handguns and what looks to be an AR into moving traffic, and another bystander died because of it.

Chichevache posted:

Unless they were shooting indiscriminately as they drove I don't see a reason to engage them. As you said, it looks like the cops opened fire first, which would definitely be bad. But that doesn't necessarily mean the hostage takers hadn't been shooting as they fled (I dont see anything indicating they were, but a helicopter video is hardly the whole story, so I'm not ruling out the possibility based only on the short clip we have).

If they were behaving like active shooters amidst all those cars then it would have been a lose lose situation with no good choices that I could think of.

If you bend over backwards any further to justify police firing indiscriminately into a crowded situation with a backdrop of bystanders, which resulted in the deaths of both the hostage and one of said bystanders, you're going to strain something and end up on paid leave with the shooters.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Dec 6, 2019

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Chichevache posted:

Man, if you just want to scream into the void you can use twitter. Personally, that doesn't make me feel better, so I dont see the need to quote every post like the ones you mentioned and go "yup, they bad". It doesn't do anything but prompt you and yours to come scream some more about how I'm a fascist because of your preconceptions about what I do for a living.

Edit
Btw you didnt specifically disavow the hostage takers. Your silence regarding their terrible actions speaks volumes about your character and clearly you'd rather use the death of the poor UPS driver to make a point, you sociopathic monster. :rolleyes:

Who killed the UPS driver? And an innocent bystander?

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I think the first people who should be disavowed are the only people who killed innocent people, but that’s just me.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm at the point where if a mass shooting situation happened, I probably would not call the police because it would decrease my chances of survival. That's what the past two years has shown us.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Basically I'm saying that US cops are about as good as Spetznaz pumping fentanyl into a theater

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Liquid Communism posted:

If you bend over backwards any further to justify police firing indiscriminately into a crowded situation with a backdrop of bystanders, which resulted in the deaths of both the hostage and one of said bystanders, you're going to strain something and end up on paid leave with the shooters.

Literally the first thing I said was it was a bad shooting, dipshit. You are so eager to squeeze some posts off that you're tunnelvisioning and not being aware of the entire comment.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Chichevache posted:

Literally the first thing I said was it was a bad shooting, dipshit.

False

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

You're right, first I answered the question a poster asked, then I said the shooting was bad.

Chichevache posted:

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Chichevache posted:

You're right, first I answered the question a poster asked, then I said the shooting was bad.

If the hostage takers were shooting at the cops first, and the cops killed two innocent people when firing back, then they (the cops) shouldn’t have done that.

Sorry. There’s no “but the bad guys started it!!” when the cops are the only people with a body count of innocent people in the situation. And you’re part of the problem for bringing that dumb “we don’t have the whole story from the footage” poo poo up. The facts are this: the cops killed two innocent people. Everything else is pretty much irrelevant. But because you don’t think that is exactly why poo poo like this is allowed to happen.

colachute fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Dec 6, 2019

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

colachute posted:

If the hostage takers were shooting at the cops first, and the cops killed two innocent people when firing back, then they shouldn’t have done that.

Sorry. There’s no “but the bad guys started it!!” when the cops are the only people with a body count of innocent people in the situation.

If the hijackers weren't shooting at anyone then the cops should not have engaged them at all while innocent people were in the backdrop. I 100% agree with that and if my previous post was not clear enough, that was the intent of it. I hope you understood that this time, cole.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Chichevache posted:

If the hijackers weren't shooting at anyone then the cops should not have engaged them at all while innocent people were in the backdrop. I 100% agree with that and if my previous post was not clear enough, that was the intent of it. I hope you understood that this time, cole.

You said “it doesn’t necessarily mean the hostage takers hadn’t been shooting” (verbatim quote) when that is 100% loving irrelevant when the cops killed two innocent people. And bringing up dumb poo poo like that is why people say you are part of the problem even if you’re not the one pulling the trigger. Why bring that up? To leave open the possibility of justifying it? There is zero justification for police killing innocent people.

Do you read your own goddamn posts?

colachute fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Dec 6, 2019

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

colachute posted:

You said “it doesn’t necessarily mean the hostage takers hasn’t been shooting” (verbatim quote) when that is 100% loving irrelevant when the cops killed two innocent people. And bringing up dumb poo poo like that is why people say you are part of the problem even if you’re not the one pulling the trigger. Why bring that up? To leave open the possibility of justifying it? There is zero justification for police killing innocent people.

Do you read your own goddamn posts?

If you read the whole conversation, cole, the previous poster asked why the cops would instigate a shootout in an area with so many innocent bystanders around. He made the- very good- suggestion of using a helicopter to follow the hostage takers until they were in a safer area. So I put forward the only reason that I would ever engage with people like that in a crowded area: if they were behaving like active shooters and indiscriminately shooting into the crowd. I also said that i did not see anything in that video to indicate that those hostage takers were doing that, and with the very limited information we currently have i don't see anything to make me believe they were.

Once again, cole, I think the cops grossly, and probably criminally, mishandled the situation based on the very limited amount of information we have.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

You’re part of the problem dude. You don’t know it and that is why it’s a problem. Cops killing innocent people is bad. That’s all you have to say and people won’t think you’re part of the problem (as much anyway)

And stop with the condescending bullshit with my name, unless you want me to just address you as “pig”

colachute fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Dec 6, 2019

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

US Berder Patrol fucked around with this message at 17:01 on May 14, 2022

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

EBB posted:

Basically I'm saying that US cops are about as good as Spetznaz pumping fentanyl into a theater

At least Spetsnaz knows how to shoot straight.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADdpLv3RDhA

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
The cops used random citizens' cars as cover while shooting up the UPS truck. Literally used uninvolved drivers as human shields.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=924FkZR4EM0

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

SimonCat posted:

The cops used random citizens' cars as cover while shooting up the UPS truck. Literally used uninvolved drivers as human shields.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=924FkZR4EM0

I’m not joking when I say people watch Lethal Weapon and think “that’s what it’s like to be a cop and that’s what I want to do.”

And now that’s what they are doing.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Trigger warning if you're sensitive to the sounds of being shot at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGnKMoRszFk

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Jesus loving christ look at that crowd of pedestrians.

Gross loving negligence to be shooting in that environment.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The police chief immediately putting 100% of his support behind the shooters means we’ll probably be seeing more of this throughout the country. I’m surprised they didn’t even go with the “lack of training” excuse this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Fallom posted:

The police chief immediately putting 100% of his support behind the shooters means we’ll probably be seeing more of this throughout the country. I’m surprised they didn’t even go with the “lack of training” excuse this time.

UPS thanked the cops.