Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Ehud posted:

Louis explaining how he risked his life to try and turn Dana's TV off is an underrated moment.

"Well yeah, you know what I did? I climbed on the ledge and tried to disconnect the cable, but I couldn't get in, so you know what I did? I turned my TV up real loud too so everyone would think all our TVs had something wrong with them."

Considering the layout of where Louis and Dana’s apartments are based on the hallway, that means Louis climbed out onto the ledge, and basically crawled around the whole other side of the building to get to Dana’s apartment. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The first things you see in GB2 are the words "5 Years Later".

I agree that it would make more sense, but obviously the timing doesn't work.

I swear I have literally never noticed that before.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

The_Doctor posted:

Considering the layout of where Louis and Dana’s apartments are based on the hallway, that means Louis climbed out onto the ledge, and basically crawled around the whole other side of the building to get to Dana’s apartment. :psyduck:

I mean, it is 80s Sigourney Weaver, a lot of men would wear the world's biggest beard made of bees for that woman

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The vetting scene was before the montage, though. She was their first client, which plays into the joke of "we have standard procedures that we normally follow in a case like this", and Peter trying to ease her mind, telling her that all they get is craziness, day in, day day out.

They asked Alice the librarian a bunch of similar questions right at the start of the movie too.

Last one, at the end, during the credits; I never used to hear this, but Louis, after asking if anyone wants to interview him, tells the paramedics that he "wants to ride in the car, with them!" as he points to the guys.

Yeah well I know how he feels, everyone wants to ride in the car :unsmith:

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

My son wanted to be a ghostbuster for halloween this year, and the pack that came with the costume was an absolute piece of poo poo.
Unfortunately he didn't tell me until Monday night that he would like to make something that looks nicer, so we did this in about 4 hours on wednesday night

I'm pretty happy with it, he was absolutely thrilled.
Edit:

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Nov 1, 2019

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

AFewBricksShy posted:

My son wanted to be a ghostbuster for halloween this year, and the pack that came with the costume was an absolute piece of poo poo.
Unfortunately he didn't tell me until Monday night that he would like to make something that looks nicer, so we did this in about 4 hours on wednesday night

I'm pretty happy with it, he was absolutely thrilled.

For 4 hours of work, that is incredible. Great job! It's Millah time!

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

For 4 hours of work, that is incredible. Great job! It's Millah time!

The fun part was raiding my random "electrical parts" drawer for sciencey looking stuff.
There's a hard drive head, old network card, old video card, old cooling fan, doorbell actuators, head light harnesses, air compressor parts, aluminum flashing, and just a poo poo load of random wires from ceiling fan installations.
The trigger on the gun (which does come off) was a hard drive mount. I'll edit a picture of the gun in later.
The whole pack was just leftover 2" insulation I had from doing my basement walls, and the straps were from an old alice pack I had from way back when.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
That’s amazing for 4 hours work! And for next year...

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Rocket League related, I put off getting this for months (it came out in June), but given Halloween being last night, I finally picked it up:

I don't think it has the siren, but that's ok. The proton stream boost looks and sounds fantastic.

I will quite literally be playing with this for every match going forward.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm almost certain every Ghostbusters prop was kitbashed together out of random contents of a disused garage.

The next finest Hollywood tradition to turning model kit sprues into spaceships.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rumours are starting to swirl that the title for the new film is Ghostbusters: Afterlife.

Edit: also they’ve cast someone who’s a bit of a ringer for Harold Ramis. Maybe they’re pulling some Peter Cushing/Rogue One style resurrection.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Nov 11, 2019

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The_Doctor posted:

Rumours are starting to swirl that the title for the new film is Ghostbusters: Afterlife.

Edit: also they’ve cast someone who’s a bit of a ringer for Harold Ramis. Maybe they’re pulling some Peter Cushing/Rogue One style resurrection.

I love Harold Ramis and I think he should absolutely be remembered in the film, but I really hope they don't do anything like digitally recreate him.

I think the most tasteful approach is that he's passed away in-universe as well and we get a nice, warm scene where he's fondly remembered by his surviving friends and family.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Though the comic had a fun comment where Egon disappears and they figure the first thing Egon would do after dying is haunt his lab to take readings.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Rocket League related, I put off getting this for months (it came out in June), but given Halloween being last night, I finally picked it up:

I don't think it has the siren, but that's ok. The proton stream boost looks and sounds fantastic.

I will quite literally be playing with this for every match going forward.

Summabitch, I might have to reinstall that game now.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Ehud posted:

I love Harold Ramis and I think he should absolutely be remembered in the film, but I really hope they don't do anything like digitally recreate him.

I think the most tasteful approach is that he's passed away in-universe as well and we get a nice, warm scene where he's fondly remembered by his surviving friends and family.

Make him a slimer.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

ruddiger posted:

Make him a slimer.

Make him the form of the destructor.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

roffels posted:

Make him the form of the destructor.

A giant Egon would rule

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The trailer for Ghostbusters: Afterlife is rumored to drop this week according to a bunch of things in my google news feed.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ehud posted:

The trailer for Ghostbusters: Afterlife is rumored to drop this week according to a bunch of things in my google news feed.

I'm sincerely hoping it's more than a teaser or trailer for a trailer :ohdear:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I hope they bring back Casper.

He's canon as far as I'm concerned and you're gonna hafta physically beat me to change my mind.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Apparently, there's a trailer dropping tomorrow by 830am EST. This was from one of the youtube groups; they mentioned some YouTuber/Redditor who has a source for this stuff, and I guess this guy has been right about stuff in the past? Well, we'll know tomorrow.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

“This is it! This is definitely it!”

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

“This is it! This is definitely it!”

I'm very happy for you, Ray; I'm very excited.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’m gonna need that blank tape; the one we erased yesterday.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

I’m gonna need that blank tape; the one we erased yesterday.

We're close on this one; I can feel it.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I know you're excited and I know you're having fun, but let's stop spamming movie quotes.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Franchescanado posted:

I know you're excited and I know you're having fun, but let's stop spamming movie quotes.

My friend, don't be a jerk.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Drink-Mix Man posted:

My friend, don't be a jerk.

You do your job, Drink-Mix neck; don't tell them how to do theirs.

Anyway, in potentially 1h 15 minutes, there's going to be the new trailer. :toot:

... and I'll be in a meeting :negative:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Give me the trailer!!!

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
So... does anybody want to play Parcheesi?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

So, I guess the new rumour (or maybe it's always been this way) is that it'll be Dec 7th.

Bummer.

Edit: Officially Monday, Dec 9th. And there's a still from the trailer here, too.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Dec 6, 2019

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

That article confirms a lot of fan suspicions. I have hope.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

So, I guess the new rumour (or maybe it's always been this way) is that it'll be Dec 7th.

Bummer.

Edit: Officially Monday, Dec 9th. And there's a still from the trailer here, too.

I am so very excited :D

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

This is official:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I love this shot:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

What if it turns everybody's actually dead and they're all trapped in the containment unit?

https://twitter.com/Jacopo_della_Q/status/1203050571277774849?s=20

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

This is official:

Not gonna lie that has me really stoked.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

The_Doctor posted:

I love this shot:

Crossover with Field of Dreams?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Kevyn posted:

Crossover with Field of Dreams?

Wield of Streams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
They've obviously gone back to the original version of the car for HYPER NOSTALGIA reasons but is there an in-universe reason they're using Ecto-1 and not Ecto-1A?