Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

exquisite tea posted:

I hope they never stop making Fast & Furious movies because I’ve been annoying my wife by calling them 9 Fast 9 Furious etc since the third one and her groans of marital agony is the sweetest sound on earth.
I am still legitimately mad that they didn't call the fourth one 4 FAST 4 SERIOUS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Just beat Gyoubu, god this game is a fuckin emotional rollercoaster. After my 4th time dying, I rage quit the game, stared at the PS4 menu for a couple minutes, then went back in and beat him on my 2nd try. I'm finding it difficult to remember that blocking/parrying is a key mechanic, I just keep trying to dodge or jump away from attacks instead of actively engaging with them.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

precision posted:

As rad as R3MAKE is gonna be I would rather they get on with RE8 already

They are, 8 is next gen tho.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

exquisite tea posted:

I hope they never stop making Fast & Furious movies because I’ve been annoying my wife by calling them 9 Fast 9 Furious etc since the third one and her groans of marital agony is the sweetest sound on earth.

10 fast 10 furious might be the last one, according to vin.

But 2 hobbs 2 shaw will probably happen.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Vikar Jerome posted:

10 fast 10 furious might be the last one, according to vin.

But 2 hobbs 2 shaw will probably happen.

Didn’t The Rock steal the franchise from Vin? Or did he just use it to launch the spinoff?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
After R3make REm4ke is easy but what do you do for 5

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yeah if there are preppers that don't seem to like you, where a standard delivery gives them no boost at all, you probably need to rest and read emails. It's just like MGSV and the tapes all over again!

The Collector was pretty simple to 5-star I thought, he has a couple orders to raid the nearby MULE camp and two of those got me from 1.5 to 5.

Now the Novelist's Son is some real bull :argh:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I know that Hobbs and Shaw is not a great movie but it made its mark because Idris Elba is the only one in the entire franchise brave enough to do the "rap single where the lyrics are the plot to the movie", every single other actor in the franchise is a coward

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXlecPSKzBQ

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Dec 6, 2019

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

colachute posted:

Didn’t The Rock steal the franchise from Vin? Or did he just use it to launch the spinoff?

The next Fast movie was delayed a bit to make Hobbs and Shaw and that made Vin and Tyrese angry because Tyrese needs the money and Vin's got bad movies to fund.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I know that Hobbs and Shaw is not a great movie but it made its mark because Idris Elba is the only one in the entire franchise brave enough to do the "rap single where the lyrics are the plot to the movie", every single other actor in the franchise is a coward

Its the only one ive seen and i liked it alot

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I think I'll watch Hobbs and Shaw right now while my HBO trial is still working

Unless there's a new episode of Watchmen

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Idris calls him self black superman and wrestle slams the rock dressed as maui from moana

Its a worthwhile watch

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

precision posted:

I think I'll watch Hobbs and Shaw right now while my HBO trial is still working

"I'm black superman" is one of the best moments in the franchise the more I think about it

e:f,b and I guess I'll spoiler it too

Hobbs and Shaw is the Metal Gear Revengeance of the franchise in more ways than one

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

SLOSifl posted:

Guarding a pile of attacks isn't good though, you want to deflect them. The centipede giraffe guys are easy if you deflect their attacks, but just guarding will tear up your posture. So "guard locking" doesn't help at all, and is no different than holding the guard button.

Oh I know but I was blocking/deflecting every hit and I felt like a champ (though it's probably mostly this mechanic thats the result.) I killed the one in Senpou on my first try.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Here me out

The Rock is a cool dude but

Now hear me out

Idris Elba is way cooler.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

colachute posted:

Here me out

The Rock is a cool dude but

Now hear me out

Idris Elba is way cooler.

:hmmyes:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hobbs and Shaw is good but all the “I hosed YA MUM / WELL YOU GOT A TINY DICK” stuff is really awkward

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

colachute posted:

they had beef because vin is famously a diva to work with and paul walker was the only one who could reign him in. vin was turning up late and being abit of an rear end in a top hat on set and so the rock threw down during 8 fast 8 furious and then vin went crazy because the studio filmed a end of credit thing for the spinoff that was rumoured at the time but vin didnt want it (10 film vision of family i guess) and they filmed it without telling him and he got it removed at the last min. the spin off performed lower than the main series so now vin feels even more vindicated. also they had to push production of 9 fast 9 furious back and tyreese got in on the beef with the rock. they all made up apparantly. i still think alot of it was marketing tho.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

this is coming to psvr at some point. its time to pony up for a vr headset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwUVXYwcHl4

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Can someone help me... uh, buy Hitman 2 properly? I got Hitman 1 when it was the PS+ game of the month; then installed Hitman 2 and accessed the Hitman 1 levels through it, which I've been playing. I now see Hitman 2 is on a huge sale (https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4572-CUSA12421_00-HITMANSTANDARD00). If I buy this will I just be able to load up Hitman 2 as usual and have access to the newer levels?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Okay this sucks, if you delete your Dreams save file it makes you go through the extremely long tutorial again

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Montalvo posted:

Can someone help me... uh, buy Hitman 2 properly? I got Hitman 1 when it was the PS+ game of the month; then installed Hitman 2 and accessed the Hitman 1 levels through it, which I've been playing. I now see Hitman 2 is on a huge sale (https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4572-CUSA12421_00-HITMANSTANDARD00). If I buy this will I just be able to load up Hitman 2 as usual and have access to the newer levels?
Yeah that's right, that'll get you everything but the Hitman 2 season pass levels

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It's called Resident Threevil you morons!!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

i just beat resident evil 3 on the ps1 and do you know what is going to own? resident evil 3 on the ps4.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

homeless snail posted:

Yeah that's right, that'll get you everything but the Hitman 2 season pass levels

Thanks!

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

"I'm black superman" is one of the best moments in the franchise the more I think about it

e:f,b and I guess I'll spoiler it too

It was in the trailer

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Quantum of Phallus posted:

lol at going to a game's thread

hesitation brings defeat

Real hurthling! posted:

Idris calls him self black superman and wrestle slams the rock dressed as maui from moana

Its a worthwhile watch

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

As the biggest F&F fan ever, Hobbs and Shaw sucked absolute poo poo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Maybe I'll watch that Netflix show he's in, Turn Up Charlie

Although also on topic, there's the FF14 show Dad of Light I should also continue

Chello De Don
Nov 12, 2006

and now i do

Vikar Jerome posted:

i just beat resident evil 3 on the ps1 and do you know what is going to own? resident evil 3 on the ps4.

it's totally gonna be a PS5 release i guarantee it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It's coming out tomorrow :ninja:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

any clever goons wanna spot the megaton that looks to be hidden in here?

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/12/06/10-worldwide-studios-creators-name-their-favorite-playstation-game-of-all-time/

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Dec 6, 2019

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Talking about "so original even now" for the Old Monk fight, even though the DeS servers are shut down? Might just be talking about how the design still stands out.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Close, but I was just gonna say that that's pretty bright, clean, and hi-res looking for a 'PS3 screenshot' of a famously greybrown game

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's a screenshot of it being emulated on PC lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

It's a screenshot of it being emulated on PC lol

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Chello De Don posted:

it's totally gonna be a PS5 release i guarantee it

oh poo poo, the ps5 is out within the next 6 months!?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Close, but I was just gonna say that that's pretty bright, clean, and hi-res looking for a 'PS3 screenshot' of a famously greybrown game

the demons soul screenshot? looks exactly how it looks on my ps3 just with speical dev camera. okay maybe some extra AA but it looks like your typical spruced up screenshot like a lot of last gen stuff was.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Ok, so hear me out. Could Bluepoint be working on the tech that will be powering PS5's backwards compatibility? Like, imagine popping in any Playstation disc you want, and the PS5 will actively up-res or "remaster" the whole game on the fly. Maybe this is impossible, but all the hints they keep dropping seems like what they're working on has something to do with drat near all the previous gens' hits. Add that to the rumor that "you'll want to hold on to all your old discs".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

BisterdDave posted:

Ok, so hear me out. Could Bluepoint be working on the tech that will be powering PS5's backwards compatibility? Like, imagine popping in any Playstation disc you want, and the PS5 will actively up-res or "remaster" the whole game on the fly. Maybe this is impossible, but all the hints they keep dropping seems like what they're working on has something to do with drat near all the previous gens' hits. Add that to the rumor that "you'll want to hold on to all your old discs".

yeah, theres no way sony is letting microsoft own that slice all to themselves.

who did the "hold on to all your old discs" rumour?