Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I still use the word plunk thanks to that episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Did episode 405 just disappear? I can't download it into my feed.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It still works fine on my end.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really want to enjoy this podcast because they cover some interesting stuff, but the comedian guy is one of the most annoying people I’ve ever heard in my life. Every time he interrupts the other guy mid sentence with some unfunny, insanely loud bit I just want to clock him.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

There are people who dont like Gary???

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Gareth's standup album is out today - day 1 buy for me!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

I really want to enjoy this podcast because they cover some interesting stuff, but the comedian guy is one of the most annoying people I’ve ever heard in my life. Every time he interrupts the other guy mid sentence with some unfunny, insanely loud bit I just want to clock him.

you suck, dave’s asides are much worse than gareths

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Also Dave is a stand up comedian lololol

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

veni veni veni posted:

I could see how he could be off putting, but the whole point of the podcast is to make improv riffs on stuff that happened in the story. Usually it's to pretty hilarious results. I think my favorite was the Colonel Sanders one where in his 80s, when he told his daughter that he was still loving.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Don’t get me wrong he has a charisma about him and I don’t mind him some of the time, but the frequency of him abruptly interrupting when I’m interested in the subject and just going off for way too long drives me nuts.He’s also just so loud.

I don’t hate the show...I dunno he just doesn’t do it for me.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The latest one about Tycho Brahe is so loving good, it's like a classic Dollop with Gareth reacting to crazy poo poo.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

veni veni veni posted:

My Mom listened to the episode about Trump and liked it. So since she was from Milwaukee I thought she might like the Bridges of Milwaukee episode. She told me "I couldn't stand the guy who kept making jokes through the whole thing. I had to turn it off!"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

SalTheBard posted:

My Mom listened to the episode about Trump and liked it. So since she was from Milwaukee I thought she might like the Bridges of Milwaukee episode. She told me "I couldn't stand the guy who kept making jokes through the whole thing. I had to turn it off!"

I had my mom listen to the one about Hugh Glass. Her review: "They sure laugh a lot."

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Did they change the feed? My feed stops at episode 404 and I'm getting an error that the feed can't update. Granted I use a janky rear end player (beyond pod) because I'm too lazy to change to something better. . .

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Everything good with my feed. 405 and 406 shows and downloads fine.
Using Podcast Addict

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

That's a shame, because they've got really good flow and play off each other really well.

But if Gary grates on you I'd avoid the Australian ones where they bring in a local comedian, I don't remember her name. Hope that was a big favor repaid because oh boy those were rough.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
The great and hilarious Will Anderson!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

SalTheBard posted:

The great and hilarious Will Anderson!

When Will loses his mind halfway through the Macquarie Island episode, I thought I was going to have to pull over the car I was laughing so hard.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Leave Gary alone

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
part of the fun of this show really is how aware the listener is of how little gareth knows

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I started by thinking Gary should interrupt less but then came around to wanting Dave to stop stepping on his jokes

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
"SNAP CRACKLE AND POP WERE IN ON IT!?"

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

The Deleter posted:

The latest one about Tycho Brahe is so loving good, it's like a classic Dollop with Gareth reacting to crazy poo poo.

Hell yeah, just listened to it.

Although I wish Dave hadn't said that Brahe and Kepler went on to found modern Astrology.

I mean I guess its entirely possible that that's true, since they were both astrologers, but they were both hugely influential Astronomers first and foremost.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think the reasons for people’s like of the Dollop and for Mystery Science Theatre 3000 is fairly similiar, and the people who hate both hate them for the same reasons. They don’t want the breakup of the ongoing narrative, even if it’s a bad narrative. I’ve heard the same thing about MST3K, that they’d hate to have people making jokes and interrupting the movie.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Zeniel posted:

Hell yeah, just listened to it.

Although I wish Dave hadn't said that Brahe and Kepler went on to found modern Astrology.

I mean I guess its entirely possible that that's true, since they were both astrologers, but they were both hugely influential Astronomers first and foremost.

I hear people accidentally say astrology when they meant astronomy a lot, especially when talking about the history of astronomy where both those things were intertwined pretty closely.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

rotinaj posted:

I think the reasons for people’s like of the Dollop and for Mystery Science Theatre 3000 is fairly similiar, and the people who hate both hate them for the same reasons. They don’t want the breakup of the ongoing narrative, even if it’s a bad narrative. I’ve heard the same thing about MST3K, that they’d hate to have people making jokes and interrupting the movie.

I showed my wife the MST3K Pod People episode about a hundred years ago. She said it was hard to get into the movie with the guy and the puppets talking over it. She's not a stupid woman by any means. Some people just don't get it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I get it I just don't think his jokes are very good.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Update: Was able to get ep 405 from the All Things Comedy website but iTunes is still hosed.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I think the latest episode (407, the egg war) is messed up -- I'm only hearing through my left headphone, and it's weird.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

prefect posted:

I think the latest episode (407, the egg war) is messed up -- I'm only hearing through my left headphone, and it's weird.

Yeah it's messed up.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Oh Christ I thought my headphones were broken!!

Edit:. It's working now

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Tank chase: I knew of the chase but the back story to it all :perfect:

Purity Ball is a messed up topic to say the least but gently caress if that isn't in my top favorites. I was dying the whole time

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
For anyone who may have been curious, Riddled with Disease is really good. Gareth has great material, and even the time he spends talking about the podcast and José is short and lends itself heavily to his other, fresher material. Maybe check it out.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

That maraquis island reveal was loving fantastic

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Veskit posted:

That maraquis island reveal was loving fantastic

Animal Horror of Macquarie Island?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

SalTheBard posted:

Animal Horror of Macquarie Island?

My spelling is atrocious but yes in the egg episode there was a shout out to it

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Oh haha yeah sorry! Was just trying to clarify! Yes I loved that callback as well

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The St. Louis Olympics episode was fixed, FYI.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Veskit posted:

My spelling is atrocious but yes in the egg episode there was a shout out to it

it's a shame that Gareth only remembers the penguins and not the seals, bunnies, cats, and migratory seabirds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

it's a shame that Gareth only remembers the penguins and not the seals, bunnies, cats, and migratory seabirds

Shame you forgot about the rats