Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Had a really good day yesterday in Warframe. Got Mesa Prime building, got every single mod I'd been needing through trade except one and lowballed almost all the trades, and got the last mod I'd been wanting as a random drop while grinding affinity at Helene and I finally got my goddamn Gorgon BP. I know, I know, there are better guns but goddamn it I've been trying for like a month to get one to drop and I'm gonna get it to 30 goddamn it. I also got all six argon crystals I needed for stuff in 2 void missions, I got all the equipment I want for Mesa Prime (Sybaris, Aklato [might go with Lex/Aklex instead], and Nami Solo) and Ember (Ignis, Atomos, and Silva&Aegis.) built or building.

I really should just work on the star chart though.

Anyhow, Rupert, when do you play? I'd love to do something with a fellow Switch goon. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

The goon gaming Discord has a few active Switch players on the Warframe channel. Good place to look for squads, help on missions, or mods and parts: https://discord.gg/nQMdYCK

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Agents are GO! posted:

Anyhow, Rupert, when do you play? I'd love to do something with a fellow Switch goon. :D

Here and there, usually late at night (like 830-9ish EST), for an hour or so, though today I'm working from home, and spent a good chunk of my lunch hour trying to take down Jackal. :negative:

Also, I have a Kraken ready to build, but I don't plan on using it. What's the generally recommended procedure for this? Should I get it, level it up, and sell it? Not bother? How much would one even be worth? I've obviously never traded anything before, but I'd love to try it out.

Sort of related, as soon as I get ONE morphic, I'm building a Burston because I have everything else. Can't wait!

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

For the most part you don't trade fully built weapons, you trade blueprints you found in relics. There are also syndicate weapons that aretraded fully built, but you can't have gained any affinity with them at all if you want to sell them, gotta be fresh.

people trade mods and other items like ayatan statues, higher end stuff like arcanes and the few materials you can trade.

Ranking up gear is an easier thing to sharply focus on later when you have access to Hydron on Sedna, or The Sanctuary after The New Strange (I think) and elite sactuary after War Within.

Otherwise just have it with you and use it a tiny bit and it will slowly level. I'd recommend just passively having it on you while doing endless missions for resources or while running various relic missions. Later on you'll have real good options for power leveling stuff, for now defensed and survivals are your best friends. Or spy missions if you really like those, openning vaults gives a but of bonus affinity.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Jackal spoilers: shoot two legs until it collapses, then go to town.

As you will soon come to know, this game has some very bad boss design in that it's all very easy once you know what the gimmick is but the gimmick is almost always poorly communicated, telegraphed and implemented. So don't get frustrated if you can't figure out a fight, just go to the wiki or youtube.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

v1ld posted:

Jackal spoilers: shoot two legs until it collapses, then go to town.

As you will soon come to know, this game has some very bad boss design in that it's all very easy once you know what the gimmick is but the gimmick is almost always poorly communicated, telegraphed and implemented. So don't get frustrated if you can't figure out a fight, just go to the wiki or youtube.

Yeah, I didn't know until it was too late, and haven't retried yet. Only got him down by one leg, but I'll try two next time.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Or if you're using Excalibur, exalted blade -> flail like a maniac until he dies.

Edit: It should be noted that until I Forma'd him (for the nightwave cred lol) that was my boss strategy.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I finally started managing mods on my own instead of letting the game pick the best ones.

I upgraded Hush to give my Braton 100% noise reduction, which is just insane to me! Get my damage up high enough and I'm going to be a totally silent assassin. This is nuts!

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I finally started managing mods on my own instead of letting the game pick the best ones.

I upgraded Hush to give my Braton 100% noise reduction, which is just insane to me! Get my damage up high enough and I'm going to be a totally silent assassin. This is nuts!

PSA to all new players: please please please do not use the auto mod feature. It sucks.

Silenced weapons are neat but mostly a novelty thing after the early levels (stops being meaningful after roughly... Ceres, probably).

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

PSA to all new players: please please please do not use the auto mod feature. It sucks.

Silenced weapons are neat but mostly a novelty thing after the early levels (stops being meaningful after roughly... Ceres, probably).

Oh, I know that letting the game do it wasn't ideal, but I was still taking everything in, so I kind of went auto pilot on the mods. I had heard that until I was ready to dive in, just do auto, but definitely, DEFINITELY get to it at some point.

I'm in, baby!

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
Crosspost from the non-console thread:

Anora posted:

New free PS+ deal soon, free Weapon slot that has a Boltor & Boltor Skin in it, 2 7 day boosters (not sure which ones), 100k credits and 100 plat.

It's out now and includes:

quote:

- Boltor and Boltor Obsidian Skin
- Obsidian Indra Sigil
- 7-Day Affinity Booster
- 7-Day Credit Booster
- 100,000 Credits
- 100 Platinum

...all for freesies!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Oh, I know that letting the game do it wasn't ideal, but I was still taking everything in, so I kind of went auto pilot on the mods. I had heard that until I was ready to dive in, just do auto, but definitely, DEFINITELY get to it at some point.

I'm in, baby!

Just make sure you have Serration and Split chamber on your primaries, the rest depend on if your gun is Status or Crit based, but Shred and Vigilante Armaments are usually good general upgrades if you have them.

If it's crit you want Vital Sense & Point Strike, and then maybe Hammer Shot & Hunter Munitions
If it's Status you want the 60/60 mods which are mods that have +60% elemental and status damage (High Voltage, Malignant Force, Rime Rounds, Thermite Rounds) If I remember right the basic rifle +status mod is pretty bad

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Anora posted:

Just make sure you have Serration and Split chamber on your primaries, the rest depend on if your gun is Status or Crit based, but Shred and Vigilante Armaments are usually good general upgrades if you have them.

If it's crit you want Vital Sense & Point Strike, and then maybe Hammer Shot & Hunter Munitions
If it's Status you want the 60/60 mods which are mods that have +60% elemental and status damage (High Voltage, Malignant Force, Rime Rounds, Thermite Rounds) If I remember right the basic rifle +status mod is pretty bad

Appreciated!

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

iirc you almost never esnt to use hammer shot because another elemental damage mod almost always turns out better. hunter munitions can be silly good on fast firing crit weapons though.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Hammer shot is better for crit weapons just to get a little extra crit dam out of them, and it's decent on hybrid weapons as well.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Hammer Shot is generally a trap mod*, due to diminishing returns and slot opportunity cost. There’s almost no scenarios where Hammer Shot is the correct choice for more DPS, except perhaps when your mod selection is very limited and yet you somehow still have a nightmare mod and space for it.

In the average critical status weapon build you want [Base Damage] + [Multishot] + [Critical Chance] + [Critical Damage] + [Dual Stat] + [Dual Stat]. That leaves 1 open slot (accounting for Vigilante Armaments), and then you have to consider:

* a 90% elemental to bias status
* Critical damage on kill mod
* Critical chance on headshot mod
* Hunter Munitions
* utility mods like reload speed or magazine size
* ammo mutation or stability if the weapon requires both/you don’t want to get a weapon exilus item
* Base damage in exchange for less accuracy

Almost all of these choices are mathematically superior to Hammer Shot in most cases.

*if they ever release Primed Hammer Shot it will be one of the single strongest mods in the game and extremely worth using, but I somewhat doubt they will do that.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ha, I'm dumb... I went and upgraded a mod a bunch (can't remember the name) that added to my crit chance, which is currently slotted in my MK1-Braton. I got it to 100%, and thought 'awesome, now every hit will be a crit!'.

And, no. That's not the case at all, because of course it's +100% chance of crit (I was initially wondering why it looked like it could go above 100%). So now, instead of an 8% chance, I have a whopping 16% chance. :crossarms:

Ah well, I'll just move it on over to another gun when I get it, and for now, at least my shots are completely silent. Looking forward to making the Bolton and the Burston!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

If I remember rightly the Braton Prime unlocks at a fairly low MR and is status beast if you put corrosive + heat rounds on it. Not compared to other ARs at higher MR levels, but it's definitely not bad for babby's first prime.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

If I remember rightly the Braton Prime unlocks at a fairly low MR and is status beast if you put corrosive + heat rounds on it. Not compared to other ARs at higher MR levels, but it's definitely not bad for babby's first prime.

I'll aim for getting it next. My foundry just completed the Bolton last night, but I was way too tired to mess around with it. Can't wait for better guns :toot:

I have a question though, that I'd be able to answer if I wasn't at work; when you put mods on a weapon, do you have to unequip them if you switch guns and want to use those mods on your new gun? Like tonight, when I get my Bolton (I wish you could name them, holy poo poo this gun needs to be called 'Michael'), will I have to remove the mods that are on my Braton if I want them on Michael?

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Nope, mods can be reused without taking them off from other weapons first. The exception is if your trying to use the same copy of a mod on a weapon for you and your sentinel, then the game will warn you and show the mood as blacked out in one of the two weapons.

The reasoning seems to be that you carry only one at a time with you. So sharing the same mod across all your rifles is ok, you can only take one rifle with you ... Unless you also take a sentinel with a rifle weapon.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

v1ld posted:

Nope, mods can be reused without taking them off from other weapons first. The exception is if your trying to use the same copy of a mod on a weapon for you and your sentinel, then the game will warn you and show the mood as blacked out in one of the two weapons.

The reasoning seems to be that you carry only one at a time with you. So sharing the same mod across all your rifles is ok, you can only take one rifle with you ... Unless you also take a sentinel with a rifle weapon.

This makes total sense.

Also, I'd like to state that it's hella confusing to try and figure out which mods are currently installed while in the mod segment. I only noticed a few days ago that there's a little ball that's lit up right around where it shows how many levels the mod has and has been upgraded to.

Could be way easier to see, DE. Minor gripe, but whatever. At least I know of it now.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
If you want to upgrade mods that are installed in your weapon; if you're in the weapons upgrade menu you can tap a button that allows you to upgrade ones that are currently installed. Rather than trundling over to the mod platform and looking for installed mods visually. If you're trying to sell or melt extra mods for endo, installed mods are usually separate solo instances of the stack of extras.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Raptor1033 posted:

If you want to upgrade mods that are installed in your weapon; if you're in the weapons upgrade menu you can tap a button that allows you to upgrade ones that are currently installed. Rather than trundling over to the mod platform and looking for installed mods visually. If you're trying to sell or melt extra mods for endo, installed mods are usually separate solo instances of the stack of extras.

Yeah, it was more melting extra, uninstalled mods. It's handy that they have a filter for installed mods, it'd be nice if they also had a filter for currently uninstalled mods. Though having the dupes stacked together is helpful!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The Old Blood is finally loving out for Switch!

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Can't wait to neglect my family and responsibilities this weekend

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

6+ hours to download :negative:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Can't wait to neglect my family and responsibilities this weekend

Im gonna neglect your family and responsibilities too. :colbert:

6+ hours to download :negative:

:wtc:

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Vauban rework is...Good. Like I'm one of the 4 people in the world that enjoyed him pre-rework but these changes are really nice. It feels even more active and give you better coverage. I'mma spend some forma to make an Umbral Vauban.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Agents are GO! posted:

Im gonna neglect your family and responsibilities too. :colbert:

:wtc:

My internet is, advertised, 5mbps down.

It never reaches that.

Looking forward to moving and getting fiber-op again soonish.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Flytrap posted:

Vauban rework is...Good. Like I'm one of the 4 people in the world that enjoyed him pre-rework but these changes are really nice. It feels even more active and give you better coverage. I'mma spend some forma to make an Umbral Vauban.

Right before they dropped the old blood on PC, I unlocked Ember and Vauban. I have been waiting since then to use them. :smith:

My internet is, advertised, 5mbps down.

It never reaches that.

Looking forward to moving and getting fiber-op again soonish.

:smithicide:

Edit: also I forgot one of the mods I meant to give you.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Dec 7, 2019

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Agents are GO! posted:

Edit: also I forgot one of the mods I meant to give you.

:stare:

Yes please.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

That mod gives Inaros, Grendel, Nidus, and a host of other meaty frames nigh-unlimited energy.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Screaming Idiot posted:

That mod gives Inaros, Grendel, Nidus, and a host of other meaty frames nigh-unlimited energy.

It works really well for Khora too, I just set Venari to healing mode and go to town.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I am extremely tempted to buy online for switch to play with y’all but I don’t really want to start from scratch when I’m MR 24 on Xbox. I’m still hoping when the next console generation comes out they show mercy and let me transfer to PC. :(

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Lightning Knight posted:

I am extremely tempted to buy online for switch to play with y’all but I don’t really want to start from scratch when I’m MR 24 on Xbox. I’m still hoping when the next console generation comes out they show mercy and let me transfer to PC. :(

I restarted on PC and it's been fun to work my way up again. The first endo and mod starved period was quite a shock though.

The goon gaming Discord had a quote from one of Steve's streams that went: "CrossSave is not coming with Empyrean, but it is something that we are working on." I read that as making it more likely than I had thought.

Wonder if they'll allow merging accounts if CrossSave becomes reality.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

v1ld posted:

I restarted on PC and it's been fun to work my way up again. The first endo and mod starved period was quite a shock though.

The goon gaming Discord had a quote from one of Steve's streams that went: "CrossSave is not coming with Empyrean, but it is something that we are working on." I read that as making it more likely than I had thought.

Wonder if they'll allow merging accounts if CrossSave becomes reality.

If they allow cross save I’m pretty definitely moving to PC even though PC controller support is poo poo, because I don’t want to buy into the next generation of consoles and my PC is very nice.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Lightning Knight posted:

I’m pretty sure Warframe works without the switch online subscription, at least it did when my subscription lapsed earlier this year.

Mr. Met
Jan 14, 2008

Personally I preferred the mixed nuts caper!
I made the mistake of creating a lich as soon as that system went live on PS4 and then got none of the parazon mods I needed to kill it. Now I have a level 5 dude stealing void traces everywhere and trying to farm the mods I need is extremely tedious and annoying. Definitely should have built up a set of all 8 mods before I created the first lich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Yeah, you can play Switch Warframe online for free.