Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

A clear violation of the tenets of the Industrial Revolution

ed.: industrial snype

https://i.imgur.com/RSA80Vl.mp4

Pigsfeet on Rye fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Dec 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Destroying Balrog eggs before they hatch is the recommended pest control method, as it's much easier than flushing out grown adults.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

meanwhile, UPS management rushes to the scene, medicine bags in hand, screaming IS THE TRUCK OKAY?!!?

https://twitter.com/UPS/status/1202778926155751426

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Who thought that “service provider” was good phraseology?

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

at least one of them didn't 'appreciate law enforcement's service.'

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

A moment at the Hot Pockets test kitchen.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

The way the hatches burst off in a geyser of flame reminded me of the manhole cover launching sewer explosion from Mythbusters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DokeJj0pxPw&t=127s

Goggles: good
Hair not pulled back: bad
Dishtowel: ???

I will give her points for being pretty good with eye protection whenever the dremel comes out.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

As someone who works for this company I'm not surprised at all by this phrasing. Management will spend 30 minutes trying to talk you out of reporting an injury before calling a first aid responder. At the same time they will bitch at you for potentially making a plane go out late due to said injury.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

As someone who works for this company I'm not surprised at all by this phrasing. Management will spend 30 minutes trying to talk you out of reporting an injury before calling a first aid responder. At the same time they will bitch at you for potentially making a plane go out late due to said injury.

Booop, deleted. I wonder what they'll rephrase it to?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Serephina posted:

Booop, deleted. I wonder what they'll rephrase it to?

A "valuable member of the team". Still empty corporate phrasing, but I guess looks slightly better.

The shittiest thing to me in the original tweet was the line "we appreciate law enforcement's service"

I get that these are all just stock lines that some unpaid PR intern puts together. But for fucks sake, pay some attention to what's going on.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

My favorite UPS memory was one time when I was running the tower controlling the belts to the primary and secondary sorts I noticed a jam on one of the belts. My leg was broken from falling off of a ladder a few days before so I couldn't climb down and break the jam but luckily an IE (tech support) guy was there with me and he jumped onto the moving belt to break the jam with his foot.

As the jam broke his foot got stuck in the boxes and pulled off his prosthetic leg. I stopped the belt to let him recover his leg and hop back to the ladder- at this time I caught poo poo from my boss for stopping the belt for too long.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Wow that story took a left turn there at the end.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

The forbidden rolo

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

LifeSunDeath posted:

I would never not wear that if it was an option.

One of the other (male) foremen at my wifes employer has a pink hardhat. He figures it makes him stand out so people can find him in a crowd when they need stuff, it's easy for him to spot if he puts it down among other peoples stuff, and nobody will ever steal it because most guys are insecure af about their masculinity.

I don't get to wear a pink helmet at work but I do get to ride on my grey with pink cycling kit and I'm most likely pulling the pin on a pink bicycle in a few days.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

My favorite UPS memory was one time when I was running the tower controlling the belts to the primary and secondary sorts I noticed a jam on one of the belts. My leg was broken from falling off of a ladder a few days before so I couldn't climb down and break the jam but luckily an IE (tech support) guy was there with me and he jumped onto the moving belt to break the jam with his foot.

As the jam broke his foot got stuck in the boxes and pulled off his prosthetic leg. I stopped the belt to let him recover his leg and hop back to the ladder- at this time I caught poo poo from my boss for stopping the belt for too long.

I'll have to tell that one to my coworkers that came over from UPS.
One story that happened locally that they've all confirmed as having happening and is all so OSHA as poo poo-

A loader walks up to a manager looking like he fell in a mud puddle, says he's leaving early and for the manager to go look at the truck he was loading.
Turns out the driver was making GBS threads in Ziploc bags and had left a weeks worth in the cab, the manager grabbed some trash bags to cover the seat and the steering wheel and drives the truck as far out in the yard as possible.
When the driver shows up the manager basically grounds him until the truck is clean enough to eat off the dashboard, which is where half of the poo poo bags had been left to ferment.

The manager in this story is my cousin who quit a week after this happened.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

EvilJoven posted:

One of the other (male) foremen at my wifes employer has a pink hardhat. He figures it makes him stand out so people can find him in a crowd when they need stuff, it's easy for him to spot if he puts it down among other peoples stuff, and nobody will ever steal it because most guys are insecure af about their masculinity.
I got a pink knife when I was a cub scout leader for the same reason.

The kids would always ask why I had a pink knife, but they never asked to borrow it.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Please refrain from confusing the dugong.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

mycomancy posted:

gently caress off with that stupid poo poo.

*shrug* you got me. The stockroom person had a family emergency, and there's zero redundancy on my campus.

In my professional opinion, the most correct thing to do, with the circumstances what they were, would be to send out a department wide email asking who's chemical it was, then asking that faculty member to deal with it and ensure it meets the real safety standards, not the "letter of the law" nonsense my school is trying to pull.

ok, boomer

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/6gxhivq.gifv

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

That dozer seems completely unscathed... Not OSHA?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

stealie72 posted:

I got a pink knife when I was a cub scout leader for the same reason.

The kids would always ask why I had a pink knife, but they never asked to borrow it.

I painted a pink band on all my sockets and wrenches and dipped the handles of all my other tools in pink paint.

It really is effective when you work with a bunch of macho idiots.

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan
https://i.imgur.com/jLQjYN7.gifv

e: linked cause it’s big

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Probe not for using ok boomer, but for making GBS threads up a good thread and provided absolutely no content. In like a hundred loving pages.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Coxswain Balls posted:

Please refrain from confusing the dugong.

Lol, I've stared at a manatee while it stared at me, not paying attention to it's rotational attitude. How the hell you gonna "fall down" in the water as an aquatic beast? It was like watching a cat roll right off a wall.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

It's like the guy in the peach shirt gives him an extra wallop for being dumb.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

C.M. Kruger posted:

No Beslan was the one where they used flamethrowers on the hostages.

THis is how you deal with terrorists.

"We don't give a gently caress about your hostages, we'll kill them first and then torture the poo poo out of you fucks".

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Raygereio posted:

The shittiest thing to me in the original tweet was the line "we appreciate law enforcement's service"

I get that these are all just stock lines that some unpaid PR intern puts together. But for fucks sake, pay some attention to what's going on.

Epic High Five posted:

we express our condolences to whats-his-name and thank the cops who killed him for their service

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

stump collector
May 28, 2007
jesus

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

That has to be fake. Note that it's a screenshot, not an actual tweet. No such tweet shows up in UPS's twitter. I mean I guess they could've made that tweet and then removed it, but that's way too tone-deaf for me to believe it's real.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Guys, its obviously satire. The real tweets are just a few posts up.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Tony Snark posted:

I'll have to tell that one to my coworkers that came over from UPS.
One story that happened locally that they've all confirmed as having happening and is all so OSHA as poo poo-

A loader walks up to a manager looking like he fell in a mud puddle, says he's leaving early and for the manager to go look at the truck he was loading.
Turns out the driver was making GBS threads in Ziploc bags and had left a weeks worth in the cab, the manager grabbed some trash bags to cover the seat and the steering wheel and drives the truck as far out in the yard as possible.
When the driver shows up the manager basically grounds him until the truck is clean enough to eat off the dashboard, which is where half of the poo poo bags had been left to ferment.

The manager in this story is my cousin who quit a week after this happened.

Reminds me of working as a building manager for the dorms when uni was out of session for the summer. We rented the rooms out to sports camps, music camps, training workshops, and often kept a few for the maintenance contractors who did work when students were away. Most of the accommodations were standard dorm rooms, so much like a hostel, the sinks and toilets were communal.

One day, the head of custodial corners me in the hall to tell me I was lucky I was out the day before.

"Why?"
"Your roommate didn't fill you in?" (My roommate and I were both managers for the same team.)
"...no. I've been sick. She was probably trying to be nice. What the gently caress happened?"
"Those maintenance guys on 2nd finally left. You won't believe what we found in one of the wardrobe drawers."
"Drugs."
"Nope."
"Dead animals."
"Close. Mason jar. Full of poop."
"...people poop?"
"People poop."

I wish :itwaspoo: existed back then, because I would have added it to my work email signature.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Serephina posted:

Yeah that specific one was by the one and only getfiscal

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

From back in April, but I don't remember reading about this here. An Indian construction worker did a Phineas Gage with a piece of rebar. :nms: pics

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Wonder if he got any better at math? Think Gage did, but I'm not positive.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Craptacular posted:

That has to be fake. Note that it's a screenshot, not an actual tweet. No such tweet shows up in UPS's twitter. I mean I guess they could've made that tweet and then removed it, but that's way too tone-deaf for me to believe it's real.

Serephina posted:

I wouldn't waste the time mocking this up, it's real. UPS saw the valid criticism, took the tone-deaf one down & put up a new message offering condolences to the right people.

NoWake posted:

The I guess my Twitter app saves the tweet in memory if it's not on the server anymore. The tweet was literally this:

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

NoWake posted:

I wouldn't waste the time mocking this up, it's real. UPS saw the valid criticism, took the tone-deaf one down & put up a new message offering condolences to the right people.

The two posters you quoted were talking about the (satire) tweet picture in this post:

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
:doh:

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Craptacular posted:

yes, that is a fabrication, i believe by none other than our own getfiscal

edit: note that i may be mistaken, but i coulda sworn i saw him tweet it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Guys, its ok, it's obviously satire. The real NoWake has more than just a few braincells.