Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i see a lot of timmy quivers in danhausen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Lamuella posted:

What's the general consensus on Danhausen? I've seen several of his matches and a bunch of his social media stuff and I'm entertained. Him and Effy as Gaytanic Panic was pretty fantastic.

I love the bit, but if I never hear Tequila again, it'll be too soon. I've only ever seen him do Face In Peril spots and His Bits (teeth, Tequila) so I find him underwhelming? Like if I didn't know Orange Cassidy was an amazing wrestler before AEW. What am I missing here?

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

danhausen is basically everything i hate in wrestling but i love him and his stupid bullshit and it hurts my brain to reconcile all this

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

stab posted:

He ownshausen.

Love the gimmickhausen, really works hard to stand outhausen, and a total prohausen when I met him.

FTFY

He's greathausen.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I think Jay Freddie just died on Uncharted Territory

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
Yeah that looked *really* bad

Edit: apparently he is ok, they’re doing precautionary care

Since he’s ok here is the spot

https://twitter.com/MrLARIATO/status/1202759941251063808?s=20

shoplifter fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Dec 6, 2019

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Pinche Rudo posted:

Human tornado had part of his foot removed due to diabetes

https://twitter.com/socaluncensored/status/1202684567783522304?s=19

Gutted. gently caress. This sucks so much.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Lamuella posted:

Great card.

What's the general consensus on Danhausen? I've seen several of his matches and a bunch of his social media stuff and I'm entertained. Him and Effy as Gaytanic Panic was pretty fantastic.

I find his sense of humor extremely grating. He strikes me as a kid who really loved Johnny the Homicidal maniac in high school. He just has a very mid 2000’s so random feeling to him. He’s not bad in ring and he’s in good shape, but his whole gimmick turns me off really badly. Effy likes him though and I really like effy.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Danhausen is perfect as Effy’s weird friend. He’s pretty cool and I love the gimmick but he’s not quite at the level that would let him stand on his own. He really needs a good coming out match.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lamuella posted:

I wanted to be a hipster and not like him because he was generating some people in PSP saying he should get signed to AEW, but then I somehow ended up with four pieces of his merch.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Warhorse, rule my rear end please

https://twitter.com/JPWarHorse/status/1203035208997572614

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
bUt He BuRnEd AlL hIs BrIdGeS

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1203040429995782144

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Well, uh, hmm, you see it's like this, uh well AEW didn't make him an offer so, well

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's been fun today to see everyone suddenly switch their opinions on ACH calling out Lethal.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

lethal was cool when he did the macho man thing. I liked that. But I like hearing about all his dirty laundry even more, which I'm not sure if I like that.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

mlw pays like $150 and constantly has people walking away from their contracts its not real

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm curious to see what happens with ACH and AEW. Is be surprised if he does end up there. I feel like it's more likely he turns them down and works indies and maybe some njpw dates for a bit. Or they just don't offer one because the Elite appear to be boys with Lethal.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I keep hearing, oh, the Bucks are so tight with Jay Lethal!

But, like.

Lethal is in RoH right now. Not AEW. And it's not like he's in some waiting out his contract scenario like Marty, he re-signed in November last year.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm pretty sure Lethal's relationship with anyone outside of ROH is pretty chilly right now and has been for quite a while. You don't hear many people shouting him out like they used to.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
There was def a point where people were starting to call Lethal one of the best people working and not too long after that it pretty much totally went away.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
"ACH has burned all bridges and needs to get help."

:Is fine and signed:

"Ah, well, nevertheless"

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'm curious to see what happens with ACH and AEW. Is be surprised if he does end up there. I feel like it's more likely he turns them down and works indies and maybe some njpw dates for a bit. Or they just don't offer one because the Elite appear to be boys with Lethal.

On Saturday after his AAW return he said he will never sign a contract again so I can't see him showing up at AEW anytime soon.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

"ACH has burned all bridges and needs to get help."

:Is fine and signed:

"Ah, well, nevertheless"

I love this running gag

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

The_Rob posted:

There was def a point where people were starting to call Lethal one of the best people working and not too long after that it pretty much totally went away.

i was saying that when he had that title vs title feud with jay briscoe but not long after

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Charles Gnarwin posted:

On Saturday after his AAW return he said he will never sign a contract again so I can't see him showing up at AEW anytime soon.

Leaves New Japan open!

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Charles Gnarwin posted:

AEW seems to use local and indie enhancement talent so not sure that would be a legit reason for him never showing up.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

A local indie is having Nick Gage vs Hammerstone, Faye Jackson vs Thunder Rosa, the Rascalz, and other really good matches and it's streaming live on Twitch

https://twitch.tv/wcprowrestling/profile

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
I just signed up for IWTV. What's good on here besides Beyond?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Dragonshirt posted:

Black Label Pro shows are usually pretty good. Chikara have great storytelling. Flying V Fights only have a few shows but they're all good. Limitless have been putting on some real solid shows lately. I've only watched a couple of Freelance shows, but they've been decent.

Honestly my main advice is just to find a recent show with some people you like on the bill and watch it. If you liked Kris Statlander on AEW, she headlines the latest Limitless show. If you want a taster of what a bunch of different promotions are up to, during Wrestlemania weekend several of them came together to do a show called the Midwest Mixtape which had a really good card: https://iwtv.live/promotion/PBTV#lP4EoOK7Y2

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Dec 7, 2019

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
KSTAT is literally why I signed up for this! I'll check out Limitless, thanks!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dragonshirt posted:

I checked what they have. Saw IWA Mid South, was going to recommend some of the Ted Petty Invitational shows but they don't have many of them up for some reason. They do however have the 2007 TPI which I haven't seen in 12 years but my memory of it is that the tournament was dope. The tournament has some great wrestlers in it like Claudio Castagnoli, Mike Quackenbush, Chuck Taylor, Ricochet (if you've never seen young long haired Ricochet, it's funny), Nigel McGuinness, etc. I specifically remember liking the finals. But the real standout match from the show is a non-tournament match on night 2: Chris Hero vs Eddie Kingston in a Last Man Standing match. It's one of those "feuds all over the indies" that started because they genuinely disliked each other & the end result is two dudes who are really great at wrestling just battering the bejezus out of each other.

It still really annoys the completionist rear end in a top hat in me that there's so little early Chikara. OK Quack, I know that they aren't very good shows, but I've always wanted to see the match with Blind Rage where Ichabod Slayne loses his mask to become Icarus. Ultramantis before he was Ultramantis Black. As someone who watched Chikara from about 05 until 08 or 09 I have a strong attachment to that first class of trainees but I've never been able to see their early poo poo and it blows and I blame Quackenbush. They also brought in La Parka (the original) for a match in that first year, Quack & Reckless Youth vs Parka & Mister ZERO (aka the guitarist in Pissed Jeans. Sorry, that makes me smile every time I think of it)

That was a failure at recommending Chikara stuff, sorry.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Dec 7, 2019

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Dragonshirt posted:

I really like Southern Underground Pro. Well shot, good straightforward storytelling and a lot of good wrestlers that I’d never seen before. I’d start with Satisfaction Is The Death of Desire solely for the beefy as gently caress AJ Gray vs O’Shay Edwards match.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Dragonshirt posted:

Cheerful Wrestling Show. There are only two episodes so far but :allears:

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Watch IWS because 1) i spent hours finding the early footage to upload and 2) early kevin steen and sami zayn

Youre welcome

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Pinwiz11 posted:

Cheerful Wrestling Show. There are only two episodes so far but :allears:

Kris Statlander goes line dancing! Eddie Kingston cuts a promo on airports!

Sarah Shockey is an absolute gem and should be given an infinite budget with which to make weird poo poo.

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Dec 7, 2019

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
https://twitter.com/ACHisSuper/status/1203336804050644994

in case it gets the delete:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

ACH is less and less in the "haha wow this is a trainwreck" camp and more and more in the "I hope he's OK and has someone to talk to" camp.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

he's understandably angry cause wrestling fans are scum trash, his mentions all night were from dumbass whites going on about the shirt still

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I don’t blame him for lashing out, I hope he takes five and figured out what his future is gonna be. I have a hard time seeing him hold a straight job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Rovert Was Right

also ach was racist towards a hispanic fan in his current break down.

also super humman is racist too.

also maybe Human Torando lied about his foot, i didnt see the follow up after the guy retracted his original tweet

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Dec 7, 2019