Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Every single person who fired a round in that travesty needs to be barred from ever carrying a weapon in a professional capacity again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Liquid Communism posted:

Every single person who fired a round in that travesty needs to be barred from ever carrying a weapon in a professional capacity again.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

And also put on prison for negligent homicide of two people.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Forgot that a jewelry store heist kicked all this off. Are those businesses not insured to hell and back generally?

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

I avoid these threads like the plague and I haven't read any of the previous posts, I'm just parachuting in here to day holy loving christ what a staggering display of absolute loving criminal incompetence

I have no words right now I am just a ball of rage

might effort post later but right now too angry

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I think what did it for me (aside from two innocent people getting murdered because the cops decided to mag dump a UPS Truck on a crowded highway), is seeing groups of cops huddled behind cars with civilians still inside of them. Says it all right loving there.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
It couldn't be clearer that they exist to protect and serve property rather than the public

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Forgot that a jewelry store heist kicked all this off. Are those businesses not insured to hell and back generally?

From what I've seen, the owner of the jewelry store decided to shoot at the robbers, some bullets hit city hall across the street, and then all hell broke loose. I apologize for the reddit link but I haven't seen this video anywhere else. I think someone counted 88 or 89 cars chasing them. There was not going to be a good outcome from that.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
its like when every force within 200 miles sends somebody to a hostage scene so everyone can claim the activity as to why cops need more funding

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
My local police force just chased a bank robber down the Kennedy expressway into Chicago which ended in a music store or school (articles weren't clear) the guy ran into with a Chicago cop shot in the head, the robber shot dead, and some poor 15 year old kid shot in the gut by the cops. I guess they got the same training.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Liquid Communism posted:

Not professionally, period. Know your target and what is beyond it is one of the showstopper rules of gun safety, ie back when I still handled guns I would loving tackle you if you broke these rules on a range. I wouldn't trust these individuals with dryer lint in their holsters.

brains
May 12, 2004

remember when other countries started putting out travel advisories to their citizens about the danger of getting shot in america while on vacation here and we all laughed it off?

turns out they were right

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

We didn't laugh it off

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Liquid Communism posted:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

EBB posted:

Not professionally, period. Know your target and what is beyond it is one of the showstopper rules of gun safety, ie back when I still handled guns I would loving tackle you if you broke these rules on a range. I wouldn't trust these individuals with dryer lint in their holsters.

I agree wholeheartedly.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

US Berder Patrol fucked around with this message at 17:02 on May 14, 2022

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I think the answer to that is that those cops knew what was beyond their target, and just didn't care because they know they won't face any repercussions.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Is there a “willful homicide” charge they can get instead of a negligent homicide they probably won’t get anyways

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 30 days!)

A Bad Poster posted:

I think the answer to that is that those cops knew what was beyond their target, and just didn't care because they know they won't face any repercussions.

It's this.

Literally the reason I quit Denver PD. It's not that they aren't trained. It's that they Are and do not give a gently caress.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Hmm maybe the police are the problem

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

I'm guessing those cops received training from the School of The Americas. It's always a good sign when an empire begins using the same tactics from it's outer sphere/colonies at home.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

BadOptics posted:

I'm guessing those cops received training from the School of The Americas. It's always a good sign when an empire begins using the same tactics from it's outer sphere/colonies at home.

quote:

Foucault said that while colonization, with its techniques and its political and juridical weapons, obviously transported European models to other continents, it also had a considerable boomerang effect on the mechanisms of power in the West, and on the apparatuses, institutions, and techniques of power. A whole series of colonial models was brought back to the West, and the result was that the West could practice something resembling colonization, or an internal colonialism, on itself”

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opensecurity/foucaults-boomerang-new-military-urbanism/

Stephen Graham expanded this into a pretty good and disturbing book called “Cities Under Siege” that examines this exact phenomenon. It’s worse than just cops wearing multicam.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
NYPD racist

quote:

The commander, Constantin Tsachas, was in charge of more than 100 officers who patrolled a swath of the subway system in Brooklyn, his first major command. Since then, he has been promoted to the second-in-command of policing the subway system throughout Brooklyn. Along the way, more than half a dozen subordinates claim, he gave them explicit directives about whom to arrest based on race.

Those subordinates recently came forward, many for the first time, providing signed affidavits to support a discrimination lawsuit brought by four black and Hispanic police officers.

The officers claim they faced retaliation from the New York Police Department because they objected to what they said was a longstanding quota system for arrests and tickets, which they argued mainly affected black and Hispanic New Yorkers.

Much more in the article, but you can probably guess the gist of it

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Content warning: blood, bullet holes

https://twitter.com/i/status/1203043287462010886

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Whatever it was, it’s gone.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

The ups truck from the shooting on a flatbed

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It was the UPS truck getting flatbedded, a lady was passing on the right in her car. Full of holes, staircase covered in blood. The cops were absolutely spraying fire into that truck.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

EBB posted:

It was the UPS truck getting flatbedded, a lady was passing on the right in her car. Full of holes, staircase covered in blood. The cops were absolutely spraying fire into that truck.

If it had been a FedEx truck it never would've been shot.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
There’s a video of what appears to be a bystander suv trying to shove unmoving cars put of the way to escape the crossfire.

The cops move with the SUV to retain it as cover in the crossfire.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

mlmp08 posted:

There’s a video of what appears to be a bystander suv trying to shove unmoving cars put of the way to escape the crossfire.

What absolutely gutless, cowardly scum. What the gently caress is the point of all their "thin blue line" bullshit if they're literally cowering behind innocent people while they take potshots at other innocent people.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

US Berder Patrol fucked around with this message at 17:03 on May 14, 2022

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

drat, hope they notify the driver of his arrest warrant so they can turn themselves in.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Fallom posted:

drat, hope they notify the driver of his arrest warrant so they can turn themselves in.

Imagine if one of the innocent civilians caught in the firefight hit one of the cops hiding behind their car as they tried to escape.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

fknlo posted:

Imagine if one of the innocent civilians caught in the firefight hit one of the cops hiding behind their car as they tried to escape.

I can imagine the rest of the cop's sectors of fire moving to include said car.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Do we have names of the cops yet? I bet they do a poo poo job at scrubbing the social media.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

A Bad Poster posted:

I can imagine the rest of the cop's sectors of fire moving to include said car.

And the bystander catching whatever charges were previously in play if they live as well as those lovely "a cop was involved double your potential sentence" charges

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Florida has felony murder on the books, so said bystander would probably cop a murder one charge in the death of the UPS driver.

The bootlicking cowards at UPS deleted their tweet thanking the police for murdering an employee.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Imagine being a cop and literally hiding behind a civilian in a gunfight. How many blue lives matter memes does it take to melt your brain enough that that seems okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

Best Friends posted:

Imagine being a cop and literally hiding behind a civilian in a gunfight. How many blue lives matter memes does it take to melt your brain enough that that seems okay

With your (human) shield or on it.