Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Early days. Alpha. Tier 0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I saw Mirificus post in one of my threads and it WASN'T a screenshot.

I cherish that post 'til this day.

gently caress off with your fake news.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Quavers posted:

That's such a microcosm of everything in this game. Everything just gets more and more broken as they move on to adding new stuff and old bugs just pile on and on, never to be fixed at the devs concentrate on adding new stuff.

Also some really gross transphobic jokes in that thread, ugh

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Saladin Rising posted:

E:Page snipe, so say hi to my cat Kira:

She is very relaxed and chill. And always hungry.
Looks like an excellent catte :3:

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Saladin Rising posted:

This would be a fascinating curve-ball to this whole shitshow, but getting Squadron 42 ready enough to actually release on a console (or multiple consoles) feels like it would be above CI!G's capabilities. They have basically brute-forced Star Citizen to "work" on super high-end PCs, but even then it's a buggy, laggy, low FPS mess. Even next-gen consoles won't have the capability that the newest, high-end gaming PCs do, so trying to get Squadron 42 on console would result in a literally unplayable game.

Don't get me wrong though, "Squadron 42 on PS5 and XBox2X" would be the greatest and most entertaining shitshow we've seen in years, so now I actually want it to happen just for the massive fallout (76) that would ensue. It would be Anthem bricking consoles all over again, but even somehow worse.

E:Page snipe, so say hi to my cat Kira:

She is very relaxed and chill. And always hungry.

Good catte and better homage name to the Dark Crystal!

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

SSNeoman posted:

Latest Devstream is about Empyrean and a look at previous updates and a look at future updates for Warframe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_SbsSoIuIg

I haven't gone back into Warframe since I killed those spider bosses, whatever they were called. Like a year ago?

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Nice to see Bnb approaching reality a bit more.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

TheAgent posted:

console release is the only way they survive now. $40m/yr is nothing and 600 employees will eat through that so goddamn fast

Crobbo needs a massive hit, something like 2m *new* copies sold to start breaking even

I wouldn't be surprised if they're crunching hard to release SQ42 on PS5/XB next year for that reason

But get this

It'll be a $60 "episode 1" lmao

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Also, ew, gently caress Nick Robinson.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Quavers posted:

Yeah the bug reports are full of gender concern...

CAN'T CREATE FEMALE CHARACTER

quote:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
  • Created a female character
  • Opened my mobiglass and the avatar was a different looking male

CAN'T CHANGE CHARACTER

quote:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

Change gender for man

quote:

ACTUAL RESULT

The Game just crash

---

And other minor issues

YOU GET THE MISSION TO CANCEL YOUR OWN HACK, IF YOUR ARE HACKING YOUR CRIME STAT AT SECURITY POST ON LYRIA

quote:

ACTUAL RESULT

You get paid for interrupting your hack, possibly as often as you want (I only tried 5 times in a row).

DIE WHEN YOU ARE RUNNING AND CRASHED AGAINST OTHER PLAYERS

MELTED SHIP AVAILABLE IN GAME

SHIPS RENTED FROM EXPO STILL AVAILABLE AFTER TIME LIMIT

MY loving MONEY IS GONE

CRASHING INTO LANDING PAD CAUSES GAME TO CRASH AND GENERATES HUGE AMOUNTS OF TEMP FILES FILLING UP SSD

SHIP FAILS TO SPAWN AFTER PLANETSIDE SHIP LOGOUT. CHARACTER SPAWNS BUT FALLS TO GROUND WHERE SHIP WAS AND IS STUCK IN 'IN-BED' POSE ON THE GROUND WITH NO WAY TO STAND UP.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Working as intended

quote:

Actual result
Not there!!!

Expected result
There!!!!!

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Colostomy Bag posted:

At least he made salad dressing.

And had his own racing team.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Gnome de plume posted:

They also show he hates feminism

He hates feminism or has a dislike for certain 'feminists'?

Or is this code for "Star Citizen is good"?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Zaphod42 posted:

My first videogame ever was Donkey Kong, but I honestly am not sure what console it was on. It was at some friend of my parents' house.

In my memory, it has the graphics of NES donkey kong, but I distinctly remember controlling it with one of those simple black Atari joysticks with the one red button. The classic 2600 ones.

2600 Donkey Kong looks super ugly though, so maybe it was like a 5200?

I only played it the one time so its very foggy, I have the memory of the memory more than anything.

I know this reply is three months late, but that sounds like it was probably the Colecovision version.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

I never thought I'd see a refund cascade, let alone create one.... Oh, hello Gordon.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Rugganovich posted:

And had his own racing team.

And sang about his ‘cars’.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

I dont know, but everytime someone mentions KoS lists i have this picture of an impotent, raging and overweight teenage gamer in my head. It is just so, so cringe. It is like - having tea with bunnyman and his favourite doll - cringe level.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

AutismVaccine posted:

I dont know, but everytime someone mentions KoS lists i have this picture of an impotent, raging and overweight teenage gamer in my head. It is just so, so cringe. It is like - having tea with bunnyman and his favourite doll - cringe level.

That teenager is in at least their mid20s by now

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Suggestion: could we post quote text from Reddit instead of screenshots with people's usernames?

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

The amount of scamming and fuckery that will come about because of this stupid system will be glorious.

I eagerly await the day where basic fuel and supplies cost more than what an citizen can earn in a couple months thanks to a concerted effort by an evil block of players whom shall go unnamed.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

I never thought I'd see a refund cascade, let alone create one.... Oh, hello Gordon.

:golfclap:

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Rugganovich posted:

He hates feminism or has a dislike for certain 'feminists'?

Or is this code for "Star Citizen is good"?

To make it clearer, Thunderfoot is a piece of poo poo.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

:laffo:

:reddit: We really need an official clarification regarding chapter progress or rather the lack of it. I just want to know whats holding up the show. This lack of communication is driving me mad.

:reddit: I do not see the need for clarification here, honestly can we really expect them to finish chapters when some gameplay part is still in development ??? Maybe the chapter 1 will need Vanduul cleaver which will be in development later. They need to finish the features **before** they finish chapters ! Their mistake is to have given us a roadmap where chapters would be magickally over whan the features themselves are not over yet

:trustme: :v:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Game is good now

https://clips.twitch.tv/WealthyHumbleKangarooPupper

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

He can continue the battle in his dreams. Money well spent.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Quavers posted:

:reddit: We really need an official clarification regarding chapter progress or rather the lack of it. I just want to know whats holding up the show. This lack of communication is driving me mad.

CG's silence on SQ42 is deafening. Check out the roadmap thread on the official forum, where a CIG employee responds to someone pointing out a typo, but no one responds to anyone worried about SQ42: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/roadmap-roundup-december-6th-2019-1

I mean, it's possible they might be holding their cards close for the Holiday stream...? But you'd think they'd at least say something if so, it's pure speculation.

It's pretty clear that it's not happening in 2020. Or possibly ever.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Dec 7, 2019

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

…wait, the game wasn't paused? Or was it just a pre-crash freeze?

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Rotten Red Rod posted:

CG's silence on SQ42 is deafening. Check out the roadmap thread on the official forum, where a CIG employee responds to someone pointing out a typo, but no one responds to anyone worried about SQ42: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/roadmap-roundup-december-6th-2019-1

I mean, it's possible they might be holding their cards close for the Holiday stream...? But you'd think they'd at least say something if so, it's pure speculation.

It's pretty clear that it's not happening in 2020. Or possibly ever.

I think it is even worse; there is no SQ42 and all that raodmap garbage is just made up. 1/2 of the SQ42 team is not making progress while the other half will just pump out some fake video/gameplay.

But dont quote me on that, i didnt spend thousands on CRs new villa, so i really dont get game development

AutismVaccine fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Dec 7, 2019

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Star Citizen: Gameplay loops and core systems can be sprinkled in with a concerted effort afterwards.

AutismVaccine fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Dec 7, 2019

marumaru
May 20, 2013

but... aren't we closing in on the end of Q4 2019?
g-guys?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Inacio posted:

but... aren't we closing in on the end of Q4 2019?
g-guys?

Look closer, can't you see it's still Q3 right now? Sheesh!

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Will the demo of the ship tour even be in the game?

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Thom12255 posted:

Will the demo of the ship tour even be in the game?

CIG would never waste precious development time to produce show-once material.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

SC uses a new quarter system that is ground breaking. Never been done before. It has consumed the majority of the last 7 years of development, but now that the pipeline is in place changing quarter systems will be easier than ever.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

UnknownTarget posted:

Suggestion: could we post quote text from Reddit instead of screenshots with people's usernames?

How about no more quotes from Reddit or any other hives of insanity at all any more? Anyone remotely close to normal has abandoned this project. Picking on the remaining backers is like going to the Special Olympics to heckle the participants. It's a very bad look and isn't funny at all. There's an infinite well of stupidity right in front of us clearly labelled "CIG."

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Scruffpuff posted:

How about no more quotes from Reddit or any other hives of insanity at all any more? Anyone remotely close to normal has abandoned this project. Picking on the remaining backers is like going to the Special Olympics to heckle the participants. It's a very bad look and isn't funny at all. There's an infinite well of stupidity right in front of us clearly labelled "CIG."

Fully agree.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

But then we would miss out on high quality content like this:

:reddit: posted:

I don't like this subreddit. They can either have people like me, or people like you - there's no room for the both of us. And the moderators of this subreddit have made it abundantly clear that they prefer trolls and liars like yourself.

I see your point.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Scruffpuff posted:

I kind of agree with this one, albeit I can see a reasoning as to why those quote-posts are made. Still I think there's been plenty of samples for the cult-like behavior, toxicity, mental gymnastics and their template-defense answers to criticism to last until the project implodes.

This thread has given these poor people more attention than they could handle and that really does not seem to help with their... situation. Also, arguably we might be paying more attention to what nonsense they write than the actual followers of that reddit space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Look closer, can't you see it's still Q3 right now? Sheesh!

Q3 is in fashion right now.