Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What word best describes your year?
This poll is closed.
Twee 4 1.28%
Goose 34 10.90%
Strand 22 7.05%
Bowsette 115 36.86%
poo poo 46 14.74%
Kirby 31 9.94%
Sonic 14 4.49%
I told you I don't like these polls 46 14.74%
Total: 312 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

phantom doctrine is extremely B-game xcom, but its kinda cool. cold war spy strategy game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Phantom Doctrine was talked about in these threads when it came out, IIRC it's disappointing?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think people say Blasphemous is good

Horizon Chase Turbo was a PS+ game and people got mad about it

I don't know the others

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Phantom Doctrine had issues when it launched but apparently a lot of them were addressed in patches. I picked it up a while ago and I'm enjoying it.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I wanted to like, if not love Outer Wilds, but I sadly think too much of my experience playing it was fraught with frustration. Some of that was absolutely on me for being stupid about some puzzles, some of it I will lay upon on the game's design, and some of it was on the sheer volume of technical mishaps that I encountered on the PS4 version. At least half a dozen crashes, two of which corrupted my saves (the first of which was about 20 hours in) and had me start over. Given the type game it is you can get by with your memory on a lot but it still was such a huge bummer that I was never able to really get back into the groove I enjoyed with it in the first 3/4 of my playthrough (and while it's minor based on some of the ways the ending works, I'm pretty sure I "missed out" on some flavor content in the museum). It's a real bummer, because had I been able to play even a little more smoothly and hadn't gotten stuck on like two puzzles and had instead arrived at the ending naturally it would have probably been something really special. I'm very envious of people who were able to experience that, and lament that I'll never have had it.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Shindragon posted:

you are out of the loop . Blasphemous is a great 2d game :v:

X-Morph Defense is good too

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What kind of game is x-morph defense?

Also hello I have woken up again

Gonna play some puzzle games on steam and then maybe pass out again but hey that's just how it be sometimes

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
okay the fact that horses in oblivion respond to magic buffs the same way any other npc does is really neat

so you can superpower their speed, health and jump height with spells. skyrim was missing that kind emergent mixing of its gameplay systems.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

FirstAidKite posted:

What kind of game is x-morph defense?

Also hello I have woken up again

Gonna play some puzzle games on steam and then maybe pass out again but hey that's just how it be sometimes

Tower defense, but more involved. It's dope so far.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Thanks for the recommendations, y'all. In return, here's a Steam key from the previous bundle for SoulCalibur VI

🙏9🐍HY-H0P98-TK477

Where 🙏 is how PC gamers pay their respects and 🐍 is who has come to

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Disposable Scud posted:

Tower defense, but more involved. It's dope so far.

Cool! Tower defense games are neat. I'm glad that that genre has so many good titles to its name.

e:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Thanks for the recommendations, y'all. In return, here's a Steam key from the previous bundle for SoulCalibur VI

🙏9🐍HY-H0P98-TK477

Where 🙏 is how PC gamers pay their respects and 🐍 is who has come to

Thank you for Soul Calibur 6! :)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

X-Morph is half tower defense, half shmup. You swap back & forth between dropping turrets to shoot waves of enemies, and fighting directly with a transforming gunship. Sometimes you can bomb buildings or bridges to help block off paths, and there are giant boss enemies with destructible weapons and weak points all over. It's pretty neat.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
drat I just remembered I never beat the Anomaly games. Those were pretty cool.

Naoto Shirogane
May 8, 2019

I should buy a Playstation TV. I really want to play Persona 4 Golden and at this point I doubt it’s ever being released on the Switch or PS4 like the dancing games.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

should have done it when they were 15 dollars

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Hwurmp posted:

X-Morph is half tower defense, half shmup. You swap back & forth between dropping turrets to shoot waves of enemies, and fighting directly with a transforming gunship. Sometimes you can bomb buildings or bridges to help block off paths, and there are giant boss enemies with destructible weapons and weak points all over. It's pretty neat.

This is sounding more and more like what I wanted out of Airmech, though Airmech was more of a moba and what I really wanted was something like Airmech. In Airmech you control 1 unit, a transforming plane/mech, and you have a loadout of different smaller units you can give some orders to as well as being able to taxi them around to different parts of the map. Is X-Morph similar at all? I know Airmech was inspired by some older game I can't remember the name of but I don't know if X-Morph is inspired by that same game too or if it is even similar at all.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I never bought the PSTV cus I was told Soul Sacrifice Delta wouldn't work on it. I wish I had now.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Uh Humble...

Am I just out of the loop if I've heard of none of these games besides Tomb Raider ?

Blasphemous is pretty great. It's got some problems but it just loving oozes style. Assuming macarbe Spanish Catholic horror interests you anyway. It's not Hollow Knight but it's a good 8/10 metroidvania.

Desert Child I saw some stuff about when it launched. It's like a pod racing game where you're a drifter who survives doing races and in between you bum around a desert shithole and work on your speeder. Not my kinda thing but it looked well put together and had a cool aesthetic. Like a synthwave punk Tatooine racing game.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Uh Humble...

Am I just out of the loop if I've heard of none of these games besides Tomb Raider ?

Ancestors Legacy is made by the Hatred developers, whose studio lead and a bunch of other employees are part of Polish far right extremist groups.

GUI fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Dec 7, 2019

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Wow I never would've guessed. What I played of Ancestors seemed cool and competent...the opposite of Hatred.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

They formed a partnership a year or two ago with the crypto-fash racist CEO/lead of the Kingdom Come studio too. Birds of a feather etc

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

But it has an 82 from Gamestar!

Thanks for the heads-up, because I am on the Classic plan I can't choose not to get a key for it lol

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

But it has an 82 from Gamestar!

They really wanted an 88

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

This is sounding more and more like what I wanted out of Airmech, though Airmech was more of a moba and what I really wanted was something like Airmech. In Airmech you control 1 unit, a transforming plane/mech, and you have a loadout of different smaller units you can give some orders to as well as being able to taxi them around to different parts of the map. Is X-Morph similar at all? I know Airmech was inspired by some older game I can't remember the name of but I don't know if X-Morph is inspired by that same game too or if it is even similar at all.

There are superficial similarities but it looks like Airmech and X-Morph don't have much in common. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP1vW_7bq2Y

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Hwurmp posted:

There are superficial similarities but it looks like Airmech and X-Morph don't have much in common. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP1vW_7bq2Y

drat that looks cool.

Some day I hope someone takes the Airmech idea and makes a good rts game like Pikmin or Spellforce out of it. It's such a wonderful idea and it is wasted on something trying to be a MOBA and also having way too many microtransactions.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

LawfulWaffle posted:

My birthday is a few days before FF7R and I feel like it's very symbolic. I was a goddamn fool for FF7 when it was first released, and I'm going to be all over this expanded Midgar in a few months. I'm really hoping that it feels like a complete game and not just a 15 hour prelude to part 2 in 2022.

It's doomed to feel like a prelude because it doesn't have yuffie in it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I hope they make yuffie even more annoying to recruit by adding in stuff like her disappearing if you pan the camera away or if you switch windows or go to a home menu screen

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Naoto Shirogane posted:

I should buy a Playstation TV.

I used to think the same thing but it was discontinued years ago and now the only way to buy one is give like $300 to an eBay hoarder

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Baronsette Harkonnen?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The Horny One

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
And I beheld a pale horn

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I finished up Mosaic. I really enjoyed it but it sure is not gonna be everyone's cup of tea. The clicker mini game on your phone has a standalone app version...

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Today I was thinking of downloading Darksiders 3 after getting it on PS+ a month or two back but it's not because of that image

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Dec 8, 2019

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Darksiders 1 is one of the best Zelda games out there and then they switch things up for every other game in the franchise.

I can't wait for darksiders 5 where the horsemen ditch the horses and ride go-karts

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Kartsiders would be pretty great

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

I hope they make yuffie even more annoying to recruit by adding in stuff like her disappearing if you pan the camera away or if you switch windows or go to a home menu screen

Ah, the horror movie monster approach

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

Today I was thinking of downloading Darksiders 3 after getting it on PS+ a month or two back but it's not because of that image

I finished it recently, it's an okay metroidvania trying to pretend it's Dark Souls.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I didn't like how Darksiders went for the Four Horsemen and had War and Death but then just made up the other 2.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I didn't like how Darksiders went for the Four Horsemen and had War and Death but then just made up the other 2.

Same
Famine could have been like a farm sim but in reverse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
The next Darksiders game should be a 4 player RPG a la Champions of Norath.

e: Wait, was CoN only 2 players? I only ever played it with my brother, maybe they've already done this with D4.