Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

Rysithusiku posted:

It refills any tool.

code:
Consumables received from the Item boxes are usually of an offensive nature, like Flash Bomb, Dynamite or Hive Bomb, but does not include items like Concertina Bomb or Poison Bomb
If they wrote this in the patch notes and still refill things like trip alerts then they really hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
That's a separate thing. The box can refill items you brought, and additionally can give you a free consumable if you have an open slot for one.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I'm liking the new update. I like the whispers (in dark sight) mechanic but not sure how I feel about the weird sound effect you get when you or someone else enters the boss compound. I love running in when 2 teams are already fighting and now theres a giant warning alarm that someone else has joined but I guess I'll get used to it.

The Martini is really nice. It has marginally less damage and range than the Sparks but has noticably faster reloading and way better sights. Havent used any variants yet.

Springfield IMO is the no brainer first choice rifle to use for new players or if you want to spend less than the Veterli (I forget what that is, $70, $80?) since the winfield sucks balls now.

Not a fan of the Springfield Marksman however since the damage drop off of medium ammo sort of negates any advantage of the larger zoom.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

Basticle posted:

I'm liking the new update. I like the whispers (in dark sight) mechanic but not sure how I feel about the weird sound effect you get when you or someone else enters the boss compound. I love running in when 2 teams are already fighting and now theres a giant warning alarm that someone else has joined but I guess I'll get used to it.

The Martini is really nice. It has marginally less damage and range than the Sparks but has noticably faster reloading and way better sights. Havent used any variants yet.

Springfield IMO is the no brainer first choice rifle to use for new players or if you want to spend less than the Veterli (I forget what that is, $70, $80?) since the winfield sucks balls now.

Not a fan of the Springfield Marksman however since the damage drop off of medium ammo sort of negates any advantage of the larger zoom.

Wait how does the whisper mechanic let someone know you've joined the fight? If they're already fighting and the whispers are already red, you can't set the whispers to high alert again...

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Skyarb posted:

Wait how does the whisper mechanic let someone know you've joined the fight? If they're already fighting and the whispers are already red, you can't set the whispers to high alert again...

it makes a short sound effect (not in dark sight) when someone else gets within range of the boss (40 and 80 m?)

I havent played enough to know if it only does it the first time or every time (so if 2 teams are in a compound, does it make the tone when a 3rd enters?)

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

Basticle posted:

it makes a short sound effect (not in dark sight) when someone else gets within range of the boss (40 and 80 m?)

I havent played enough to know if it only does it the first time or every time (so if 2 teams are in a compound, does it make the tone when a 3rd enters?)

So when you enter the 80m radius, regardless of how many other people are or aren't within the 80m radius, you will always hear the whispers (and see the pulse in the top left).

However if there is anyone, even just one person or every other person on the server within the 40m radius, when you enter the 80m you will hear the aggressive whispers at 80m and see the icon pulse red when entering the radius.

If NO ONE is within the 40m radius when you walk into the 80m radius you will only hear the quiet whispers, and as you cross the 40m radius YOU WILL hear the aggressive whispers begin as you are now the person entering the radius.

The states are:

You enter within 80m radius and hear normal whispers: All you know is there is no one within 40m of the boss. You do not know if anyone is between the 80m and 40m radius however.

You enter within the 80m radius and hear aggressive whispers: You know there is at least ONE person within 40m of the boss. You do not know exactly how many, nor do you know if anyone is within the 40-80m radius.

You are not moving within the 80m radius and you being to HEAR aggressive whispering: Someone who was within the 80-40m radius just entered the 40m radius. You know for CERTAIN one person is now within 40m but you still have no idea how many, and how many are within the 40-80m radius.

You are not moving within the 80m radius and you stop hearing aggressive whispers: Everyone who was in the 40m radius either left the radius or died. All you know is NO ONE is within the 40m radius but not how many people are within the 40-80m radius.

You are within the 80m radius and as you enter the 40m radius you hear aggressive whispering: You know at THIS VERY MOMENT you and your team are alone in the 40m radius. HOWEVER you will never know when somoene else enters the 40m radius since you already triggered the aggressive whispering.

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

If I post before 5pm PST, PM my boss and tell him I'm fired.
It's way too convoluted of a system. In my opinion, there shouldn't be new boss sounds except when you and other enemy players are within the same region of the boss (whatever distance that should be), and only within dark sight.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

I think it's really simple when you consider what you're hearing are the reactions of the boss to hunters :shrug:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So why's this game a mix of real guns and fake ones? I don't mean the weird west weapons, like the bomb lance and concertinas, I'm talking about the fact that you've got stuff like the Springfield on the one hand and the Winfield on the other.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
The Winfield is a rebranded Winchester 1873.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Capn Beeb posted:

The Winfield is a rebranded Winchester 1873.

I know, that's what I'm saying. Some guns are rebranded, some aren't.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
Oh whoops I misread, yeah that's weird. I wonder if the devs bothered to get permission to use the Springfield name :v:

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
I was confused why the Springfield retained its name as well but it turns out the modern Springfield company has nothing to do with the one in Hunt-- they stole the name to try and piggyback off the legacy of the old Springfield guns. With that in mind every gun to retain its real name in Hunt is from a defunct state-owned manufacturer.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

I'm sure it just has something to do with not wanting to pay rights. Like why does it even matter if the name is slightly different?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Skyarb posted:

I'm sure it just has something to do with not wanting to pay rights. Like why does it even matter if the name is slightly different?

It doesn't matter :shrug: Everybody knows it has to do with not paying for the rights to gun names, the Springfield was just out of place for that exact reason.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

The Springfield, Martini-Henri, Lebel, Mosin-Nagant, Nagant and Veterli were made by state arsenals so there is no "trademark" or whatever.

The Lemat was made by a private company but designed by a man named Lemat.

The Dolch (Mauser C96), Spectre (Spencer) and Bornheim (Bergmann) are fake names for gun companies that haven't existed in 80 years or more.

Winchester (Winfield) and Colt (Caldwell) are the only names that you would need to get permission to use the name.

There is no rhyme or reason for how they named the guns.

Basticle fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Dec 8, 2019

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

Sounds pretty random, but I just don't see how it matters one bit

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
It's just devs using stuff that they can get for free. Nobody wants to actually pay for gun names

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

On another note, I'm really enjoying this update

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

Skyarb posted:

On another note, I'm really enjoying this update

I'm digging having a Sparks-lite option with a bayonet, and there's nothing quite like rolling a whole bear squad (lobby animation oddities aside).

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Skyarb posted:

Sounds pretty random, but I just don't see how it matters one bit

No one said it did.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Last night I blasted a guy with a Romero Hatchet and stole his Mosin Bayonet and Bad Blood (Legendary Dolch) :smugdog:

https://streamable.com/xc231

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

:siren:HUNT: Showdown is currently FREE TO PLAY!:siren:

It will be free till the end of this weekend so get in here and try this odd little amazing game!

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

this game can be so harsh sometimes

https://streamable.com/1tgq2

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Gonna miss the free weekend antics :qq:

https://streamable.com/blowl

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

Sometimes you get a bit of unexpected help when you need it the most: https://streamable.com/l5vlt

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Varkas posted:

Sometimes you get a bit of unexpected help when you need it the most: https://streamable.com/l5vlt

fantastic

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

https://streamable.com/zel86

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Any tips for Quickplay? I don't care to play the regular mode if my friends aren't available.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://streamable.com/m38me

Basticle fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jan 4, 2020

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://streamable.com/8g23e

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Any tips for Quickplay? I don't care to play the regular mode if my friends aren't available.

I've had pretty good success in quickplay (winning about 1 in 3 matches with around 30 played) by spawning with a melee weapon and just rushing for 4 rifts as fast as possible. Being the first person to activate the wellspring gives you a big advantage: you get all your health back, you have 4 traits to everyone else's 3 max, and you almost always have time to hole up in a building, set traps, etc., while the other people on the map fight each other outside.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

I've had pretty good success in quickplay (winning about 1 in 3 matches with around 30 played) by spawning with a melee weapon and just rushing for 4 rifts as fast as possible. Being the first person to activate the wellspring gives you a big advantage: you get all your health back, you have 4 traits to everyone else's 3 max, and you almost always have time to hole up in a building, set traps, etc., while the other people on the map fight each other outside.

It's kind of scummy but if you have something like a concertina bomb and climb up a tower, you can pitch it just below you so that anyone trying to climb up has to deal with that. It means that people have to have an explosive to quickly deal with it, and when the wellspring is counting down, time is of the essence.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

please enjoy my stupid video https://streamable.com/p3h0i

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://streamable.com/vgn6r

Sorry for the echos, still figuring out some audio stuff.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://streamable.com/d9e89

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

1.2 is on the test server now

https://www.reddit.com/r/HuntShowdown/comments/eq35xp/12_dev_stream_summary_20200117/

quote:

- You can now "Defuse" flares by doing the Use action on them.

Random Teams of 3

- Allows up to 2 random team mates right in the menu.

Improved onboarding

- New and improved tutorial levels, with three different difficulty levels: Basic, Advanced and Professional.

- Clearing these award Blood Bonds: 100, 250 and 500 respectively, but only once.

- You can do these at any point with any Hunter, allowing you to play around with weapons.

- Single-player only.

- You respawn after dying in this mode.

- Map size is reduced within the tutorial levels.

- This is not a replacement for the shooting range that is planned.

Performance Improvements

- Especially for lower-core processors like the i5 series.

Whisper Feature

- Public opinion split for and against it.

- Now a single range of 50 meters

- Follows red clue logic.

- No UI pop-up anymore, no feedback in normal vision. You need to use dark sight. In dark sight, you'll hear the normal or angry whispers and see a white or red continuous flash on the boss icon.

- You CAN use dark sight while fighting the boss in order to see if there's another team nearby.

Underdog Bonus Changes

- As solo: +250 against duos, +500 against trios

- As duo: +125 against trios

New Equipment:

- Heavy Knife: New tool. Kills grunts in one light attack, heavy not as strong as a bayonet. Uses more stamina.

- Knuckle Knife: New tool. Combines knife and dusters. Heavy attack is a stab, light is a punch with the knuckles.

- Pitchfork: New world item. Stabs with a distance. Light attack is a push, heavy is a stab with the prongs. You can throw it with the Tomahawk perk. Needs 2 heavy stabs to kill an armored.

- Shovel: New world item. Literally described as a meme weapon by the on-screen dev. Has a fun bonk sound. Light attack is a slash with the edge of shovel, the heavy attack is with the width of the shovel. Can also be thrown with the Tomahawk perk. Takes 3 heavy hits to kill an armored.

Aperture Sight Improvements:

- Now a flip sight. Press the Fire Mode button to toggle it. Does not include the Nitro, only applies to weapons with "Aperture" in the name.

Weapon Balance Changes:

* Melee Consistency Pass:

- Talons and Hatchet matches Machete in damage.

* Explosives Pass:

- Blast Radius are more consistent.

- You can still get killed through walls or around corners, but walls will reduce damage.

DLC Pack, Fire Fighter Bundle:

- All profit made until 31st of march will go to support the fighting of the wildfires in Australia.

- Fire Torn: New normal Sparks skin, has a very burnt wood with ornaments and a Pheonix logo on the side.

- Algiers Phoenix: New heavy knife. Burnt handle with a copper edge and guard.

Noteworthy Minor Points:

- In-Game Maintenance Warnings. You get a warning 30 minutes before maintenance so you can extract.

- AI inside buildings less likely to react to things happening outside of said buildings.

- Oil Pools burn duration increased from 30 seconds to 5 minutes. Burning oil pools can be extinguished with a Choke Bomb.

- Banned players will be hidden/removed from the leaderboards.

- Fixed wrong aim sensitivity settings for Scoped Springfield and Marksman variants.

- Underdog bonus incorrectly displayed, now fixed.

- Fixed bug not allowing retrieving Throwing Knives and Crossbow Bolts.

Thank christ they're changing the convoluted whisper system to something simpler.

also,
(has sound)
https://gfycat.com/merrylegalantelope

gonna have to change the thread title to Games › Hunt: Showdown - Hmm Hmmm Hmmm mmmm *BONK*

Basticle fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jan 17, 2020

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

A really really good patch

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://streamable.com/eue8r

:ocelot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Reinstalled this for the first time in over a year, survived a couple of verrrrry cautious hunts. Discord active at all? I need to play with gunes.