Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

forkboy84 posted:

I checked what they have. Saw IWA Mid South, was going to recommend some of the Ted Petty Invitational shows but they don't have many of them up for some reason. They do however have the 2007 TPI which I haven't seen in 12 years but my memory of it is that the tournament was dope. The tournament has some great wrestlers in it like Claudio Castagnoli, Mike Quackenbush, Chuck Taylor, Ricochet (if you've never seen young long haired Ricochet, it's funny), Nigel McGuinness, etc. I specifically remember liking the finals. But the real standout match from the show is a non-tournament match on night 2: Chris Hero vs Eddie Kingston in a Last Man Standing match. It's one of those "feuds all over the indies" that started because they genuinely disliked each other & the end result is two dudes who are really great at wrestling just battering the bejezus out of each other.

It still really annoys the completionist rear end in a top hat in me that there's so little early Chikara. OK Quack, I know that they aren't very good shows, but I've always wanted to see the match with Blind Rage where Ichabod Slayne loses his mask to become Icarus. Ultramantis before he was Ultramantis Black. As someone who watched Chikara from about 05 until 08 or 09 I have a strong attachment to that first class of trainees but I've never been able to see their early poo poo and it blows and I blame Quackenbush. They also brought in La Parka (the original) for a match in that first year, Quack & Reckless Youth vs Parka & Mister ZERO (aka the guitarist in Pissed Jeans. Sorry, that makes me smile every time I think of it)

That was a failure at recommending Chikara stuff, sorry.

IWTV added a bunch of old CHIKARA stuff not too long ago (incl. the early Tag Tournaments and KOTs - recommended btw). Maybe the rest is in the works too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

J-Ro posted:

IWTV added a bunch of old CHIKARA stuff not too long ago (incl. the early Tag Tournaments and KOTs - recommended btw). Maybe the rest is in the works too?

Nah, the Chikara streaming service doesn't have much old poo poo either. 3 shows from Season 1, 3 from Season 2 (including Night 1 but not Night 2 of the first Tag World GP) and I remember being told it's because Quack isn't happy with the quality of the shows which, whatever, it's Chikara, you aren't watching most shows for ***** wrestling.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Does KoT 2011 still hold up? I've never seen it but I remember hearing that it was a big deal at the time.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

All KOT shows are worth a watch just to see crazy matchups. And a mini La Parka give a lap dance.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
So I’m watching the GCW shows tonight and tomorrow. What do I need to know, as someone that has never watched GCW, aside from Joey Janela?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

shoplifter posted:

So I’m watching the GCW shows tonight and tomorrow. What do I need to know, as someone that has never watched GCW, aside from Joey Janela?

1) they get pretty rowdy, doors will probably get involved
2) they also get silly. Especially at the WOMBAT show
3) Tonight's card features both Joey Janela's cousin and Marko Stunt's brother
4) they once had a match where The Invisible Man (face) wrestled his brother Invisible Stan (heel). Bryce Remsburg refereed it and it was joyous nonsense.
5) Effy is wrestling someone for a Dollar General card on a pole

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
tank abbot vs shlak should be a math test

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

WatermelonGun posted:

tank abbot vs shlak should be a math test

It's not that Tank. I'd almost buy this show if it was!!!

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Deathlove posted:

It's not that Tank. I'd almost buy this show if it was!!!

boooooooooooo that’s what i get for assuming it couldn’t be anyone else and not doing any research

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Dragonshirt posted:

I just signed up for IWTV. What's good on here besides Beyond?

I would also add Freelance to this.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think it’s the same Tank that took the balcony fall at IWA-DS and the fire department canceled the show.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

This show is an incredible clusterfuck, and I love it

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

forkboy84 posted:

Nah, the Chikara streaming service doesn't have much old poo poo either. 3 shows from Season 1, 3 from Season 2 (including Night 1 but not Night 2 of the first Tag World GP) and I remember being told it's because Quack isn't happy with the quality of the shows which, whatever, it's Chikara, you aren't watching most shows for ***** wrestling.
Actually, IWTV has every Chikara show in company history up now.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

davidbix posted:

Actually, IWTV has every Chikara show in company history up now.

I just double checked & there's 2 Season 1 shows & 0 Season 2 shows so yeah. That can't be right. Even Chikaratopia has 3 events from Season 2.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Anyone watch the GCW show from last night?

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

mariooncrack posted:

Anyone watch the GCW show from last night?

It was a lot of fun, peak outlaw mud show.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

forkboy84 posted:

I just double checked & there's 2 Season 1 shows & 0 Season 2 shows so yeah. That can't be right. Even Chikaratopia has 3 events from Season 2.
Hmm. I could have sworn they announced it?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I believe they announced it would all be on there eventually but they’ve been adding like 10 or 15 shows a month.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Arent the earlier seasons real sour to Quack too because of Skyade burning him so hard and his genera dislike of Chris Hero

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
From what I saw on twitter, tonights GCW show was amazing and had a shocking ending

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Everyone needs to watch Logan Stunt vs Shane Mercer.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Also Mancer vs Effy in the most WCW match of all time ruleddddd

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

I’m not sure how Logan is alive. Effy/Mance is absolutely hilarious in the best ways.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Everytime I see Shane Mercer he's doing something freakishly strong. He should give up wrestling and just throw big poo poo on TV for money. One time, he threw the stands at a wrestler. The entire loving thing, the fans had to run for their lives.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

someone just posted this clip on Twitter and holy moly

https://twitter.com/early90spants/status/1203806613246603264

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Lamuella posted:

My favorite thing at GCW shows is the fans willingness to catch wrestlers and to fall down into a pile to help sell something.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Lamuella posted:

I’ve watched this like 100 times in a row. It’s my favorite thing ever.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I was trying to find the video of Mercer throwing the stands (I thought it was at Two Cups Stuffed?) and there's a bunch of different angles of the throw. I think my favorite is the one just titled YEET.

Also he and Logan Stunt have a low-key travelling show going with this.

Down Right Fierce
Jan 30, 2011
At 2 cups stuffed he just threw him 8 rows deep into the crowd

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Deathlove posted:

I was trying to find the video of Mercer throwing the stands (I thought it was at Two Cups Stuffed?) and there's a bunch of different angles of the throw. I think my favorite is the one just titled YEET.

I think he did that at one of the WM weekend shows?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Deathlove posted:

Yeah I think that match is going to end up getting g both of them booked at PWG. And I know Mercer said getting booked for PWG is a goal of his for 2020

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

GCW crowds seem like they have that classic ECW Rocky Horror Picture Show vibe without the problem of being Philly rear end in a top hat sports fans.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

The_Rob posted:

Also Mancer vs Effy in the most WCW match of all time ruleddddd

The whole show ruled and I unironically gave a MOTY nod to Mancer vs Effy.

GCW is really on a roll. I know they've been good for a while but I feel like they haven't had a show that qualified as mediocre for a long while. I'm excited to drive down to the Austin show.

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
I’m at WRESTLEROCK in Richmond, Victoria, Australia, and just found out that Jake “The Snake” “Sanem” Roberts will be here in February. Annoyingly, I might be working that day (9/2), but who knows what the future holds?

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Bushmeister posted:

Early/mid 2000's Tournament of Deaths and King of the Deathmatches had some amazingly dumb, unprotected poo poo that in hindsight I don't think anyone even relatively big-time in deathmatch wrestling would do anymore. I remember stuff like Necro just chucking a VCR out of the ring and into the back of Toby Klein's head and stuff.

pages old but I actually went back, found this match and it was in fact Toby Klein chucking a VCR out of the ring and into Necro Butchers head

my mistake, sorry guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUvMoJwYh7w

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/WarriorWrstlng/status/1205386994894954497?s=19

I literally had no idea Warrior Wrestling got other NJ peeps besides Suzuki. That card is nuts.

Of course I bought it on Fite and the first thing I saw was Frank the Clown so God hates me.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Frank the Clown is good.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

Frank the Clown is good.

:frogout:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Super No Vacancy posted:

Frank the Clown is good.

Absolutely not

Also during the Ego-Atlas match there was a discussion about how Bill Demott was a good old-school guy and now there's a Elgin match and I really have Regrets

Freelance starting in 20 on IWTV 😑

Deathlove fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Dec 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Deathlove posted:

Absolutely not

Also during the Ego-Atlas match there was a discussion about how Bill Demott was a good old-school guy and now there's a Elgin match and I really have Regrets

Freelance starting in 20 on IWTV 😑

I don't think I've seen a single Freelance event yet, but I'm digging this card and the opening scramble was bangin'.

https://twitter.com/indiewrestling/status/1205684445031714816

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Dec 14, 2019