Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

ben, for god sakes, have some confidence: we can tell it's warren

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Peanut President posted:

noted blue state california

..... yes???

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

???

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
????????????????????? ?????

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

darn if only we had a candidate that was willing to work for us instead of the billionaires how wonderful that would be

in todays classic day by day i am reminded of how all of obamas speeches at the time were presented as groundbreaking and brilliant but ten years later nobody can actually remember what any of them were about

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

I'm impressed that the guy's art style got so dramatically worse.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

darn if only we had a candidate that was willing to work for us instead of the billionaires how wonderful that would be

in todays classic day by day i am reminded of how all of obamas speeches at the time were presented as groundbreaking and brilliant but ten years later nobody can actually remember what any of them were about

obama's first big speech, the 2004 DNC keynote, is a complete appeal to centrism and compromise

you probably remember the most famous line from it, but just in case, it was: "Well, I say to them tonight, there is not a liberal America and a conservative America — there is the United States of America. There is not a black America and a white America and Latino America and Asian America — there's the United States of America."

before the 2010 midterms sarah plain asked: "How's that hopey-changey stuff workin' out for ya?" in that terrible accent she affects (I like to call it "manicured snowbilly")

one of these people was right about the course of history and the other wasn't

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

SpaceGoku posted:

obama's first big speech, the 2004 DNC keynote, is a complete appeal to centrism and compromise

you probably remember the most famous line from it, but just in case, it was: "Well, I say to them tonight, there is not a liberal America and a conservative America — there is the United States of America. There is not a black America and a white America and Latino America and Asian America — there's the United States of America."

before the 2010 midterms sarah plain asked: "How's that hopey-changey stuff workin' out for ya?" in that terrible accent she affects (I like to call it "manicured snowbilly")

one of these people was right about the course of history and the other wasn't

There's a latent fascist sentiment in that kind of talk which is really a desire for one homogenous nation without conflict - except liberals think they're going to negotiate away the conflict instead of crushing their enemies.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

There's a latent fascist sentiment in that kind of talk which is really a desire for one homogenous nation without conflict - except liberals think they're going to negotiate away the conflict instead of crushing their enemies.

something something ein reich ein volk ein fuhrer something something

yeah it's actually not latent; neoliberals are fascists.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
Just like how the European Union is just Germany's secret Fourth Reich, I guess.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Red flag laws are just like "if you beat the poo poo out of your wife you can't have guns for a week" right?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

In my America red flag laws means you need to hang one [anarcho] communist flag and one pride flag to be legally allowed to talk about politics

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

thank you for making me feel like i'm not the crazy one for being bothered by those drat things

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Even if it you explain it to people they don't mind it. We are accustomed to living in a security state

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Feldegast42 posted:

Even if it you explain it to people they don't mind it. We are accustomed to living in a security state

Your average person really does have nothing to worry about from being surveiled though - which is exactly why surveillance states are a problem in the first place.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Brother Entropy posted:

thank you for making me feel like i'm not the crazy one for being bothered by those drat things

someone sent a guy i know an echo dot for their secret santa and he likened it to being sent a box full of toxic chemicals

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
if you carry a smartphone around, or leave your browser logged into google or facebook, you give out far more information on yourself than an echo dot sitting on your shelf can gather

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
Is... is that supposed to be complimentary to Trump?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That Q is why I love Garrison lmao

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Feldegast42 posted:

In 3001, Arthur C. Clarke put forth that the advances of the future would basically cause, and necessitate, the total death of privacy. 25 or so years ago when i read it i thought that was absurd and no one would accept it.

Now i think if we dont blow ourselves up or burn ourselves down its pretty much inevitable.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

sword_man.gif posted:

someone sent a guy i know an echo dot for their secret santa and he likened it to being sent a box full of toxic chemicals

My parents got me and my brother one and I refuse to even open it, it's on my nightstand gathering dust

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

SCANDAL

thanks ben

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
bags under eyes not labelled DEBT, 3/10

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

vintage Holbert

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

vintage Holbert

what the gently caress is this mans deal?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

One of the best things is that for a couple days all the big warhawks were like "gently caress logistics, troops don't need food and cold weather gear, they need GUNS" which was a fantastic example of how stupid these days are. The republican machine spent a good 2 days pretending that logistical support was completely useless when fighting an eastern European war in winter.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Grondoth posted:

One of the best things is that for a couple days all the big warhawks were like "gently caress logistics, troops don't need food and cold weather gear, they need GUNS" which was a fantastic example of how stupid these days are. The republican machine spent a good 2 days pretending that logistical support was completely useless when fighting an eastern European war in winter.

Can't believe right wingers would underestimate the logistical needs of fighting a war against Russia

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

StashAugustine posted:

Can't believe right wingers would underestimate the logistical needs of fighting a war against Russia

Historically speaking, it's in character

(I do get :thejoke:)

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Drunkboxer posted:

He's suffering from a degenerative brain disease typical of advanced age OP.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drunkboxer posted:

He rules

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

God isn't dead, it's senile.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

vintage Holbert

hell fuckin yeah

I am an unironic Holbert fan now

The Wiggly Wizard