Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

MaxieSatan posted:

"They discuss the history of modern marketing, which Misha claims was invented by Vladimir Lenin, and Communism as the first true global brand."

:shepface:

Yes, but The Church is the first universal brand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
It's right there in the name!

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

gw bush was almost taken to his final reward by a pretzel

his favorite presidential activity was playing dress-up and then giving incoherent speeches while in costume

and jeb! was somehow even lamer than that

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
I remember seeing arguments that Bush should be reelected because he needed to "clean up his own mess." As if he wouldn't just make a bigger, worse mess and let someone else deal with it in 2008.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Fantastic Flyer posted:

I remember seeing arguments that Bush should be reelected because he needed to "clean up his own mess." As if he wouldn't just make a bigger, worse mess and let someone else deal with it in 2008.

Hell, by that logic let's exhume the original George W and put him in the Oval office.

Dec 26, 2012

Echo Chamber posted:

Canadian shock jocks tricking Sarah Palin into a crank phone call pretending to be Nicolas Sarkozy, and Palin not picking up on all the obvious clues.

someone tricked scott walker into a call pretending to be one of the kochs

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

There really should be an archive.org for politicians getting owned

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Fantastic Flyer posted:

"Son, you can't change horses midstream."

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Freaking Crumbum posted:

gw bush was almost taken to his final reward by a pretzel

his favorite presidential activity was playing dress-up and then giving incoherent speeches while in costume

and jeb! was somehow even lamer than that

H W at least flew torpedo bombers in WWII and had his 2 crewmates killed at one point

Nothing Jeb! does or ever did can come close and he probably knows it lol

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

taqueso posted:

There really should be an archive.org for politicians getting owned

it's this thread. if you were a political strategist and were hired to run a campaign youd do $100,000 worth of work just popping in here going "haha anyone remember the time [POLITICIAN] ate a cactus" and there'd be 23409834 posts going "no but here's a photo of him in 1997 LARPing as an elf"

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

the trailer for this movie is amazing. its like they couldnt decide what style of trailer they wanted so they just went for all of them

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Animal-Mother posted:

"Son, you can't change horses midstream."

I thought the same thing and then realized it wasnt so much a horse but a roomba smearing dogshit all over the flooring and continuing onto the carpet and people still went "you know what? president dogshit smearing roomba is my guy" lol

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

timefly posted:

Not true. He took on surgeries that were extremely difficult and had never had much success, and his had better outcomes than anyone so far.

Ironically this made him feel like a neurosurgery god and he expiermented on himself. He tried an experimental surgery to make himself smarter, unfortunately it backfired and he made himself so cspam modded that he became a black republican

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Tulip posted:

So yeah he won for beating John McCain (or because the Nobel committee wanted to hang out with the charismatic celebrity president).
More than beating McCain it was not being George W.M.D. Bush and wanting to return to :decorum: in international relations.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

I had just assumed he won it for being the first black president and he wanted to give the public affordable healthcare

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

trump tears up official documents and eats the paper bits. i just remembered that.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
the dude who made the tweet about trump's special gorilla channel changed his name to "the gorilla channel is not real" for a while.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
mccain marching into the senate and voting no to some healthcare thing so people would call him maverick again

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Eleanor Pwnsevelt posted:

I had just assumed he won it for being the first black president and he wanted to give the public affordable healthcare

Policy wonks talking about how great Obamacare was because you can go and spend ages minmaxing your insurance

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
at least one congressperson a year bringing a snowball onto the floor to prove global warming is fake

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

frankenfreak posted:

More than beating McCain it was not being George W.M.D. Bush and wanting to return to :decorum: in international relations.

Thing is that McCain would also not be GWB on account of term limits.

Imagine if McCain got the peace prize lol

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Tulip posted:

Thing is that McCain would also not be GWB on account of term limits.

Imagine if McCain got the peace prize lol

McCain did more to impede the US war machine than most politicians by personally taking out as much hardware as he did

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
whoever's after trump might get a nobel prize too

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

not so much "suddenly remember" as "just learned" but I was doing some light reading on the former mayor of Cluj-Napoca, Romania and:

quote:

Between 1992 and 1993, Funar supported a large-scale Ponzi scheme run by Caritas, a company based in Cluj-Napoca. Funar helped Caritas build its credibility by renting space for it in the town hall, appearing with its owner in public and on television, and defending the company from attacks.[3] Funar also gave Caritas space in the local newspaper to list winners' names (amounting to 44 pages in 1993) and lent the owner space at the local stadium to run his operations.[4]

Recently, Funar extended his xenophobic views to the Jewish minority, stating unfounded extreme opinions: "The World's Jewish Government wants to move Israel into Romanian borders and is trying to exterminate Romanian people by using food additives" or "There are already more than 2 million Jews in Romania working for its destruction". He also claims that Theory of relativity was developed by the Romanian poet Mihai Eminescu and it was stolen by Einstein (described by Funar as a "retarded individual").[5]

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Fantastic Flyer posted:

I remember hearing that only Bush knew how to get out of Iraq so if you wanted our brave troops to be safe you had to vote for him.

In reality Bush constantly said he didn't want to leave Iraq, but any minor thing would cause the media to go off speculating if it meant the end of the war. It's one time I wish they had listened to him.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
jack abramoff being the greatest writer ever to grace hollywood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZaGNOj_HyU&t=336s

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Krazyface posted:

whoever's after trump might get a nobel prize too

Why do you think Pete's running

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
The wave of fake young lesbian bloggers around 2010 being outed as old, straight, sweaty men.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Echo Chamber posted:

The wave of fake young lesbian bloggers around 2010 being outed as old, straight, sweaty men.

it’s like 90s chat rooms all over again

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
Mnuchin was a producer for Fury Road

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
"where Lin Manuel Miranda was onstage singing “Tim Kaine in the membrane”"

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

old.flv posted:

Mnuchin was a producer for Fury Road

Fury Road was shot in 2014 and yet it featured a bloated blonde haired corpulent dictator wannabe with a horde of young socially disadjusted freaks who only live to do his only bidding and nobody caught the signal

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Dreylad posted:

"where Lin Manuel Miranda was onstage singing “Tim Kaine in the membrane”"

for the eighteenth time in this thread he got stuffed in a trash can. someone get Immortal Technique on the line. the McElroy brothers need it too

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
to this day when I hear the words "Tim Kaine" my brain parses it as "Mike Pence"

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

When The Onion was already trying out their sequel to Diamond Joe on Tim Kaine before the election

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

mooyashi posted:

for the eighteenth time in this thread he got stuffed in a trash can. someone get Immortal Technique on the line. the McElroy brothers need it too

Griffin and Justin are mostly fine, I vote for just trash-canning Travis three times in a row

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Azathoth posted:

When The Onion was already trying out their sequel to Diamond Joe on Tim Kaine before the election

the dad you never had, harmonica included
what a loving duo they made, the robot and the goober

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Chuka Umana has issued a correction as of 07:52 on Dec 8, 2019

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
https://twitter.com/MICHAELfilm94/status/1108211267452440576?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU