Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
i remember reading newsweek as a somber publication ohhhh 20 years ago. i have no idea what they're up to today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I was digging through some old stuff.

https://twitter.com/tatered/status/1042070814479138816?s=20

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
howard schultz ran for president kind of

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

mooyashi posted:

i remember reading newsweek as a somber publication ohhhh 20 years ago. i have no idea what they're up to today

They died in the early 10's and then they were necro'd by some rich fucks. Now they put out boomer bullshit 24/7

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
A woman who looks like Ted Cruz appeared on Maury and later released a sex tape (check out sex tape and past!)

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

An ex-head of the CIA became the President of the United States, then after he became a one term loser his son was elected under questionable circumstances.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Hopkins FBI posted:

A woman who looks like Ted Cruz

wut

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

MaxieSatan posted:

Griffin and Justin are mostly fine, I vote for just trash-canning Travis three times in a row

:emptyquote:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

-FUCK...YOU KNOW, THE THING

was reminded of this gem of normalizing the police state by the little tv in a gas pump today

https://twitter.com/chicagotribune/status/1079606151195561984

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
when snoop dogg showed up at an awards show walking women like dogs on leashes and it was A Controversy for like a day

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

GalacticAcid posted:

when snoop dogg showed up at an awards show walking women like dogs on leashes and it was A Controversy for like a day

snoop dogg managing to change his reputation from "man who literally got away with murder" to "lovable stoner"

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Gum posted:

snoop dogg managing to change his reputation from "man who literally got away with murder" to "lovable stoner"

https://twitter.com/notch/status/639916895051870208

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Luckily he didn't destroy his brain with weed.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I thought it was hosed up how Martha Stewart was mentioned as positive example by Snoop for not snitching on others in her financial crimes. Granted; I'm not too familiar with the case.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

what was this lol

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

GalacticAcid posted:

what was this lol

As I recall, famed game developer, idea-thief and weirdo reactionary Notch bought a mansion with a candy wall but all the candy rotted bc he wasn't eating enough of it and doesn't have friends

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

MaxieSatan posted:

As I recall, famed game developer, idea-thief and weirdo reactionary Notch bought a mansion with a candy wall but all the candy rotted bc he wasn't eating enough of it and doesn't have friends

lmao imagine making enough money to redecorate your house to look like any store from the mall and picking sweet factory instead of spencers gifts

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

MaxieSatan posted:

lmfaoo that's right

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Plank Walker posted:

lmao imagine making enough money to redecorate your house to look like any store from the mall and picking sweet factory instead of spencers gifts

"ladies and gentlemen, if you'll don your complementary steampunk bowler hats and follow me to the hot topic suite"

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

MaxieSatan posted:

He moved from Sweden to Beverly Hills despite not knowing anybody in LA halfway across the world from his home country

Then again I wonder how many people he still had any kind of friendship or relationship to back home

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Notch burned all his bridges when he sold Mojang, now he's a billionaire living his life exactly like a broke, unemployed 4channer.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Notch is the staggering exception to the "a rich man has many friends" and I can only imagine that his IRL personality is more repulsive than his online presence

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Feldegast42 posted:

He moved from Sweden to Beverly Hills despite not knowing anybody in LA halfway across the world from his home country

Then again I wonder how many people he still had any kind of friendship or relationship to back home

he abandoned his child to do this and is probably also skipping out on payments to his ex-wife who was somehow married to him for an entire year

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

he abandoned his child to do this and is probably also skipping out on payments to his ex-wife who was somehow married to him for an entire year

Oh yeah I forgot -- somehow, odds against odds Notch has had sexual intercourse with a real woman and conceived a child out of that

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
my irl friend is not only a mayor pete supporter, but a paid staffer. lol

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
i love him dearly but come ON man

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Listen those Warren and Harris supporters aren't gonna move over to Mayor Pete by themselves

What is a "South Bend" anyway

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

https://twitter.com/zarawesome/status/1070808886167375874

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
i mean if we're talking gaming "JOHN ROMERO IS GOING TO MAKE YOU HIS BITCH"

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
that early 2000s period with Star Game Designers anyway

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
did like BDSM/goth just grip the world for a few years? i know a 40 y/o anthropology professor who still wears leather arm bands because he came of age around then

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
i imagine him nodding his head at the beginning of Blade being like "yes... YES"

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

mooyashi posted:

did like BDSM/goth just grip the world for a few years? i know a 40 y/o anthropology professor who still wears leather arm bands because he came of age around then

did it ever occur to you that he wears the thing as a studied reminder that he does not want to ever fit in or be a loving suit

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
actually, good point

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
unless you're that actual dude and gaslighting me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004