Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lambo Trillrissian
May 18, 2007
Yeah we've tried transitioning a rescue cat to wet food and sometimes it just doesn't take, and this was really hard for me to accept as someone who lost a cat to kidney problems from a life of dry food. Sometimes you just gotta make an unpleasant compromise and meet the animal where its at, even if you're one of those psychotic rich freaks who can afford to feed 4 giant mastiffs raw fresh meat every day. If the critter won't eat it you're SOL.

Are there plans for a rats supplement to compliment dogs/cats in Pugmire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

My cat has resisted every single attempt to get him to eat wet food, it makes me incredibly anxious. I can't even get him to eat human food, with the one notable exception of butter. Gonna try again soon though. Hell, I'd eat it if it got him to eat it :(

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

Yeah, different cats are different - my murder bastard will bully the dogs out of their dry food if he doesn't have some of his own. Fuckers let him do it, too.

Still, cats are generally best off eating at least partially wet food so that's just a thing to keep in mind.

edit: Sometimes it's just a matter of becoming accustomed to it, too. Cats are finicky as gently caress. Mine would only eat pate Friskies (what he got in his shelter) for like... five years, had other rescues that wouldn't touch anything but dry for years, etc.

Darwinism fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Dec 8, 2019

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Kitty Gervais (he was really whiny) would eat anything, but was happiest looming over the shower drain waiting for roaches to emerge. The joys of having a cat in Southeast Asia.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Cats are weird. My fuzzy little bandsaw will eat pretty much any brand or flavor of dry or wet food I give her but shows no interest in any human food except for froot loops. Not even other cerials, just those.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

8one6 posted:

Cats are weird. My fuzzy little bandsaw will eat pretty much any brand or flavor of dry or wet food I give her but shows no interest in any human food except for froot loops. Not even other cerials, just those.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

8one6 posted:

One of my cats seems to love spicy food. She won't leave me alone while I'm eating Takis Fuego or Flaming Hot Cheetos. And she absolutely will eat them if I drop any or leave them unattended.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Nessus posted:

They doubled the average cat duration in my lifetime and I'm not even that old! (To be fair that was reformulating the cat chow, for the most part, or so I am told)

I read it's also partly due to outdoor cats being less common than in the past. Life expectancy for outdoor cats are much, much shorter than indoor cats, so that would have to bring the average up.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Falstaff posted:

I read it's also partly due to outdoor cats being less common than in the past. Life expectancy for outdoor cats are much, much shorter than indoor cats, so that would have to bring the average up.

My mother adopted a feral cat colony and feeds them wet food daily. They're achieving lifespans of up to 17 years, which is pretty drat good for pussycats outdoors, dodging owls and coyotes.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

My cat never really wanted to eat wet or people food, but he'd lick the heck out of it.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Gaming as an industry: pet food.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Bruceski posted:

My cat never really wanted to eat wet or people food, but he'd lick the heck out of it.

That was my experience. My cat loved the weird slop kitty treats they make, but would only lick at wet food. She was really good about drinking water and that makes a big difference with cats who prefer dry food.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Golden Bee posted:

Gaming as an industry: pet food.

Enjoy it, because statistically, when the thread will get back on topic, it will be sex pestilence, rape, fraud, beloved creators having problems that mean they can't go on, or other :allbuttons: shite.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Darwinism posted:

I have strong feelings about feeding cats only dry food, it's p much cat abuse and shortens their lives, fite me

(Unless it's the best you can do, do the best you can with the reality you have but maybe consider if you can afford that little murder bastard)
My cat can only eat one specific kind of expensive dry food, and vomits up everything else including treats, wet food, etc. I don't want him to get critically dehydrated and constipated again, much less the numerous vet visits and bills, but thank you for your unsolicited insistence we're abusing him.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Move this thread to Pet Island and then the Gas Chamber

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

One of our cats is very particular about his wet food and only eats one kind.

Another one is an old lad and has few teeth left so he prefers wet food out of comfort but he'll eat any kind of it.

The third cat is just a horrible little creature and will eat anything even vaguely food related. We had to put baby locks on our bread cabinet and garbage cans because she kept stealing things. She will steal bread out of your mouth.

Cats are all different and I love each and every one of them. Just don't let them outside.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/FreyjaErlings/status/1203796231711076358

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Can itch please hurry up and replace the garbage shitpile that is DTRPG already.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Was an interesting (and horrific) read right up until the part where they used this to shill for loving Sigmata.

taichara
May 9, 2013

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:
Given the owner of that transfelinism blog has spent the weekend vandalizing people's games on the rpg.net wiki by wiping them and leaving links to their blog on which they basically claim rpg.net is anti-trans and supports facists, including barely veiled death threats (a lot of ~allegory about looking forward to "Death" coming to claim "Judas") on the pages of a former friend when said friend wouldn't leave rpg.net, I'm going to take a few grains of salt until exact details come out.

Rpg.net can be ridiculous, but anti-trans they aren't. Random members using the wiki aren't staff, either.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Well, I could easily see how their :decorum: bullshit that kicks whenever a minority gets too real about the situation they're and how authority figures/pet RPG they oooh and ahh about this month about is awful about it being structurally so, but... they're not gonna do it openly.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

DTRPG, in their own words, supports the claim it was taken down for being anti-cop.

Black Tokyo, on the other hand, still up because free speech matters to DTRPG.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Comrade Koba posted:

Was an interesting (and horrific) read right up until the part where they used this to shill for loving Sigmata.

Imagine being like you know what's really revolutionary

Licking boots

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Mors Rattus posted:

DTRPG, in their own words, supports the claim it was taken down for being anti-cop.

Black Tokyo, on the other hand, still up because free speech matters to DTRPG.

There's more then one reason I call DTRPG the 'TTRGP Steam'. :rimshot:

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

taichara posted:

Given the owner of that transfelinism blog has spent the weekend vandalizing people's games on the rpg.net wiki by wiping them and leaving links to their blog on which they basically claim rpg.net is anti-trans and supports facists, including barely veiled death threats (a lot of ~allegory about looking forward to "Death" coming to claim "Judas") on the pages of a former friend when said friend wouldn't leave rpg.net, I'm going to take a few grains of salt until exact details come out.

Rpg.net can be ridiculous, but anti-trans they aren't. Random members using the wiki aren't staff, either.

The image that's getting spread is definitely real.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/14450/Transfelinism

Don't know the details but short of actually trying to foment real-life violence I'm not sure what would be ban-worthy, and at that point it seems like they'd have a better label than claiming the police as an oppressed minority.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways

oriongates posted:

The image that's getting spread is definitely real.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/14450/Transfelinism

Don't know the details but short of actually trying to foment real-life violence I'm not sure what would be ban-worthy, and at that point it seems like they'd have a better label than claiming the police as an oppressed minority.

Given the user it is definitely possible they advocated real life violence against specifically named people. Given their history of doing the same elsewhere I'm not going to trust anything they say.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Now I'm hearing that it may be a case where the publisher (even a banned one?) can edit their information field?

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

neaden posted:

Given the user it is definitely possible they advocated real life violence against specifically named people. Given their history of doing the same elsewhere I'm not going to trust anything they say.

Quite possible from what I've heard about the wiki on RPG.net and maybe that is the reason but DTRPG could have just...said that. Banning for threats of violence or encouraging real life criminal activity is pretty easy to justify. Treated the police as a minority is bone-headed regardless of the relative sanity of the person behind the game.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Maxwell Lord posted:

Now I'm hearing that it may be a case where the publisher (even a banned one?) can edit their information field?

Yeah, that's a publisher-editable field. Also, DTRPG has never issued a takedown notice like that in the publisher description before.

Also also, the person who wrote the pulled product has been vandalizing the RPGnet wiki for weeks.

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

Stephenls posted:

Yeah, that's a publisher-editable field. Also, DTRPG has never issued a takedown notice like that in the publisher description before.

Also also, the person who wrote the pulled product has been vandalizing the RPGnet wiki for weeks.

If that's the case, that definitely makes things crazier.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
https://twitter.com/DriveThruRPG/status/1203827316830482432

https://twitter.com/DriveThruRPG/status/1203832780230189057

https://twitter.com/DriveThruRPG/status/1203834413680869376

According to that twitter thread, the publisher had their product pulled, and then, in outrage, went into their own publisher description and edited it to make it look like a takedown notice.

Now, the DTRPG rep could be lying on twitter. But the writer of the product in question has been vandalizing the RPGnet wiki for weeks.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Okay if I've been played on this I'm legit angry

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

I'm normally good about giving online drama at least 24 hours to simmer before dipping my toe in. This shows me why that's a good policy.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
And that header's been removed as of now.

I loving hate it when ostensibly left leaning creators manufacture drama to make themselves look better.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Maxwell Lord posted:

Okay if I've been played on this I'm legit angry

Same.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
The original tweet thread has disappeared now, too.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
What was that, from debut to conclusion, two hours?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
this is the dumbest poo poo

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Now I'm annoyed. Mostly at myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
This is why I always do independent research on this type of thing when I see it

There's a real problem with being able to post any kind of bullshit on twitter and have people buy into it immediately if you're just sufficiently angry about it