Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What word best describes your year?
This poll is closed.
Twee 4 1.28%
Goose 34 10.90%
Strand 22 7.05%
Bowsette 115 36.86%
poo poo 46 14.74%
Kirby 31 9.94%
Sonic 14 4.49%
I told you I don't like these polls 46 14.74%
Total: 312 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbDmYQiQ3j8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I got to New Donk City and the big setpiece was neat but overall I still don't think Super Mario Odyssey is particularly good. Definitely not as much as Galaxy/Sunshine.

I think the issue is I don't like the power moon system as much as having stars that you could pick from and alter the entire level. They aren't really as memorable to get.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Dec 8, 2019

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017

LawfulWaffle posted:

The next Darksiders game should be a 4 player RPG a la Champions of Norath.

e: Wait, was CoN only 2 players? I only ever played it with my brother, maybe they've already done this with D4.

I think it was 2 players local and up to 4 online. Though, like you, I only ever played with my brother.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
anyone play darksiders genesis yet?

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Rinkles posted:

okay the fact that horses in oblivion respond to magic buffs the same way any other npc does is really neat

so you can superpower their speed, health and jump height with spells. skyrim was missing that kind emergent mixing of its gameplay systems.

If you park their hind legs in the middle of a Wayshrine and activate it, the buff hits them, and it gives them super-speed.

Sometimes, it doesn’t expire.

This invariably will end in you riding off a small slope that is now effectively a much higher slope and crashing into the ground, killing your horse instantly.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Rinkles posted:

Yes. It's pretty rad. Darksiders with a different camera angle, and you can switch between Strife and War on the fly (unless you're in co-op). There's a skill tree but it is nothing like Diablo.

How the gently caress is D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die not on PC Game Pass?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rinkles posted:

Ya. It's really good. The 2 character system works well and is a lot of fun. The music is fantastic too.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why has googling “Sonicette” not occurred to me until now?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Why has googling “Sonicette” not occurred to me until now?

This is why God has forsaken us.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Eh, there's worse.

Get back to me when it's Eggette.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
When did dog become the insult of choice in online games. I've seen it probably over 5000 times in the last 6 months and its become a real insult to me now.

:(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Eh, there's worse.

Get back to me when it's Eggette.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

I said come in! posted:

weird, i thought it was because of your posting :c00l:

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Has anyone played the Red Strings Club, and is it good?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Should her name be Eggwoman or Eggmanette or Eggette

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

her name is robotnette, actually

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

professor metis posted:

It's interesting. The gameplay is basically valhalla's drink mixing and what's basically pottery, neither of which are particularly fun but they're presumably not what anyone's playing it for.

I think the writing was overall very good and discussed some thoughtful topics; It's set in a world run by corporations that are, unlike most cyberpunk corporations, reasonably benevolent. Social issues like racism and classism have been mostly overcome and technology has solved a lot of more pressing, practical issues, which has created a world of people who feel lost with nothing to struggle against. The final goal of science is to remove the final 'obstacle' of the human experience: Negative feelings.

I've heard the switch port has some issues.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Why did I go down this rabbit hole?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

:frogon:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
didn't the super crown turn toadette into peach but with toadette's hair

shouldn't thwompette be peach but with thwomp spikes on her head

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
thwomp me

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Huh, turns out I can still discover new kinks

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Me: Carefully curating thousands of games, including dozens of RPGs I’ve always been interested in but never devoted significant time to.

Also me: Unable to stop playing Soul Blazer, a game I already beat two decades ago.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

hello i am playing a video game (cause it's on game pass now) called darksiders 3 and i like it so far except when i die, i don't like that part

they killed my poor pony :smith:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

LawfulWaffle posted:

Me: Carefully curating thousands of games, including dozens of RPGs I’ve always been interested in but never devoted significant time to.

Also me: Unable to stop playing Soul Blazer, a game I already beat two decades ago.

Soul Blazer is extremely good and I'd love to see another game like it.

Crabwalkin owns

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

professor metis posted:

It's not a complete waste of time like VA-11 Hall-A, but it ends just as the main plot starts to actually get going, with nothing but a Telltale-style "Akara will remember that" and then the intro cutscene.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Dec 8, 2019

May 8, 2006

Tag yourself I'm the shovel pointing your eye towards the statue's dick

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

LawfulWaffle posted:

The next Darksiders game should be a 4 player RPG a la Champions of Norath.

e: Wait, was CoN only 2 players? I only ever played it with my brother, maybe they've already done this with D4.

I just thought about champions of Norrath yesterday. I still have both games on the shelf, if the PS5 really gets full backwards compatibility as rumoured, those games are the first I will play.

I do still have my PS2 but the graphics are so jarring on a big TV. A remaster would be nice as well but they would just modernize the gameplay to death.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

What is chat thread's stance on eggnog?

Normally I drink my coffee black except this time of year when a splash of nog really hits the spot

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Relax Or DIE posted:

I'm the skull in the window

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Relax Or DIE posted:

im gandalf having an extremely bad trip behind the orange moon face

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’m the skip button

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I looked it up and apparently the orange face thing is an old fairytale about a meat and potato dumpling that comes to life and escapes being eaten by some humans and some animals and keeps singing about its successful escapes until a fox compliments its singing and the dumpling, distracted by praise, gets eaten by the fox.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I'm the tiny Delftware censor elephant on the tree stump

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What is chat thread's stance on eggnog?

Normally I drink my coffee black except this time of year when a splash of nog really hits the spot

Congrats you are a seasonal alcoholic. Just kidding, but I can't stand eggnog. At least the German version Eierlikör, it is mostly a grandmother drink in my experience. The industrial kind subway rooms were skinheads usually has a faint whiff of cleaning-alcohol-like undertone of me, no matter get a base alcohol is used. Could be my tastebuds though.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Rarity posted:

Why did I go down this rabbit hole?

This is incredibly tame.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It's non-alcoholic eggnog, I'm not that big a fan of it as a booze delivery mechanism.

Now mulled wine, on the other hand

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I think of 2 things when I think of eggnog.

1. I can take maybe one drink of it and then I'm good for a few years, don't need it (never tried with alcohol so idk if they improves it or not)

2. When I was 3 or 4, the teacher in kindergarten explained that alcoholics are people who drink alcohol. She didn't go into anymore detail on this. She didn't say that alcoholism is a bad thing or that it is when people are addicted to alcohol, just that an alcoholic person is someone who drinks alcohol and if someone drinks alcohol then they are alcoholic. So of course, me being a dumbass, I say that my mom's an alcoholic because she liked early times in her eggnog. Later, child protective services show up at the trailer to talk with my mother and my mom is pissed off that I said something like that without understanding it. I never heard the end of it. She'd still bring it up and complain about how much I hosed up and got child protective services called on her all because she likes early times in her eggnog and that I should be grateful she didn't relinquish custody rights to my dad after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I'm not doing very well at Devil May Cry 5. I got up to Vergil but from second phase on he totally clowns me. Sometimes quick, sometimes slow, but he's so dang tough.