Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I think Sue is kinda okay and boy do I have some perspective for Arie now. Well, let's see if the story goes somewhere with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Let's throw a Medicham into a volcano and make it give the T2 thumbs up!

Balache404 posted:

Wow, not a lot of stand-out choices. Everyone's either a walking stereotype, insufferable, or a literal child. Still, there are some that could be interesting. Holding out hope that whoever the Ophiuchus maiden is really stands out.

I have high hopes for Maiden 13. She's the only one written by a more experienced development team since she was made for this remake. All the other maidens were written by 2012 Spike (not Spike Chunsoft, just Spike. They hadn't quite merged at the time of development).

She doesn't look like the type to have a weird personality quirk, but there's no guarantee.

BlazeEmblem posted:

Collette. :yikes:

And somebody voted for her!?

Another reason I used a poll site this time. People are more likely to vote truthfully if it's anonymous.

Honestly, Collette isn't that bad in terms of a character. I'm having trouble pinning down exactly what her character is, because she seems to shift between three different types from event to event, but at the very least she seems sort of normal. She's the merchant character, who I don't personally mind too much.

Of course, the thing holding her back is the fact that she's a drat child in a dating sim. Regardless of what her story arc is, there's only way this ends and it's creepy.

The other possibility is always troll voting.

SSNeoman posted:

I think Sue is kinda okay and boy do I have some perspective for Arie now. Well, let's see if the story goes somewhere with this.

I actually screwed up in voting. I intended to vote for Sue, but I clicked on Mahiru as my sixth choice because I remember finding her inconsistent personality to be entertaining. I forgot about the cousins part. Oh well, what's done is done.

Psycho Knight fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Dec 6, 2019

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I mostly just voted for the ones that don't look twelve (or younger) and aren't related by blood to Itsuki.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
..and finally we have:

-A super cheerful dancer who's also kinda self-absorbed
-A baker who's personality I can only describe as "Nermal, the world's cutest kitten" (I wonder if anyone here still remembers Garfield had a TV show..)
-A shy painter. Kinda fits the "ugly girl" trope for this game

Well, good luck with your harem!

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

BlazeEmblem posted:

Collette. :yikes:

And somebody voted for her!?

I completely misread how the poll worked, so one of those was me. :downs:

The three I picked are all dead last anyway, so at least it doesn't matter.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I get the impression that Mirei and Collette were supposed to be the other Zodiac - Mirei as Aquarius, and Colette as Libra - judging by what we're seeing so far, but that may be just me.

AnAnonymousIdiot fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Dec 6, 2019

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

So what? You can't prove I posted that.
Given I only voted for 3 out of mixed feelings on the majority of the cast, I have to say that this poll is an interesting turnout so far. I figure this game's going to have enough eye-twitch inducing moments on its own, so even if we end up with the safer choices, there's probably still plenty of :psyduck: to come.

I'm thinking Strawpoll was a pretty good choice for this.

mastersord posted:

-A baker who's personality I can only describe as "Nermal, the world's cutest kitten" (I wonder if anyone here still remembers Garfield had a TV show..)

I do, though I don't remember much about it. I also remember a Dilbert TV show, though I don't think it ran for very long. Prince Valiant had one too, and it wasn't all that bad.

...Why is it this stuff that I can remember, not the useful things?

Kaishai
Nov 3, 2010

Scoffing at modernity.
I did find three Maidens I actually like; the problem is that there are only two of the remainder that I'm ambivalent about, and I don't particularly want to see (or in the case of Tarua, really don't want to see) the rest. Oh, well. It's not impossible for later plot developments to make some of the Maidens more interesting. I'll just skim any posts about head patting if the voting goes that way.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Bit late, but zoologists aren't the same thing as veterinarians Spike Chunsoft :argh: I didn't get this zoology degree just to have people ask me if I'm a vet.

:negative:

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Psycho Knight posted:

I don’t know Japanese well enough to tell if Farun’s lines are written with a “Kansai Accent” in mind, or if they are just generally informal. The localization seems to treat it as such though, with the way that Farun’s lines have been translated.

She's just informal and I feel like the localisation is leaning on that a little too hard. Granted it's not as easy to be explicitly informal in English but even so.

Speaking of the Sue scene

Psycho Knight posted:

Whoa, whoa. Hold up. What about the cow that is clearly there in the background? Does she not have a name?

The Japanese guy whose video I was looking at noted the very audible pig also disappears here. Kind of weird considering there's a second named sheep later on anyway.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Polsy posted:

The Japanese guy whose video I was looking at noted the very audible pig also disappears here. Kind of weird considering there's a second named sheep later on anyway.

:smith: They're in a better place now... a Wendy's baconator.

Ibblebibble posted:

Bit late, but zoologists aren't the same thing as veterinarians Spike Chunsoft :argh: I didn't get this zoology degree just to have people ask me if I'm a vet.

:negative:

Spike Chunsoft is terrible at depicting a lot of these jobs. We've got a Doctor that acts more like a nurse and uses a magic body scanner in place of actual medical knowledge, a rancher that thinks taking care of animals and studying their ecology is the same thing, a postal worker that can't deliver anything on time, a baker that shuts down their shop for hours at a time in the middle of day in order to bake more bread despite not having sold through the stuff they already have, a painter that doesn't have any completed works to show, etc.

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

I get the impression that Mirei and Collette were supposed to be the other Zodiac - Mirei as Aquarius, and Colette as Libra - judging by what we're seeing so far, but that may be just me.

It does seem that way, doesn't it? I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they made Mirei the Libra Maiden because Libra kind of matches Library and Mirei is the smart one.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
I'm glad we didn't have to vote for a full three because I could only find two I'd actually want to see.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Psycho Knight posted:

Honestly, Collette isn't that bad in terms of a character. I'm having trouble pinning down exactly what her character is, because she seems to shift between three different types from event to event, but at the very least she seems sort of normal. She's the merchant character, who I don't personally mind too much.

Of course, the thing holding her back is the fact that she's a drat child in a dating sim. Regardless of what her story arc is, there's only way this ends and it's creepy.

The other possibility is always troll voting.

I have shamelessly voted for Collette. Why?
Bread puns.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
You have no idea what terrors this will raise. I knead you to know exactly how much you might have cursed us

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

No need to get all sourdough or croissant about it. Just put on a rye smile.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

Everyone is on a roll. I like where this is doughing, therefore...

inflatablefish posted:

I have shamelessly voted for Collette. Why?
Bread puns.

:hmmyes: this is an acceptable reason.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Look at what you've started you crepe! This would have been eclair to you if you thought about it. Yeast!

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
Guys I think I broke the thread.

Muffin to see here, move along.

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

inflatablefish posted:

Guys I think I broke the bread.

Muffin to see here, move along.

Fixed that for ya.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

Bread puns aside, I have a small update.

I'm pretty sure that Star Children stat requirements are a combination of Itsuki's stats and Star Maiden bond level. I have an exam this afternoon, but when I get home I'm going to grind the bond levels to their current max and see if that changes how reliably I can create certain classes. Itsuki is currently level 5 after a bit of leveling I did last night.

As things stand, the classes we will have access to right away will likely be limited to Fighter, Thief, Merchant, Monk, Magician, Archer, and Cleric. The classes beyond those I just listed have a major jump in their stat requirements, so they likely need Tri-Mating to be accessible initially.

Because the method for building stats is different in this game, I'll run the Team vote at the same time as the Maiden vote. It's very unlikely that I'll be able to get certain classes using only our chosen Focus Maidens. Probably not going to be much family synergy going on in the early game.

There also appear to be season specific events cropping up. From what I can find online, they seem to reoccur every year, so they don't appear to be missable. I'm not quite sure how I will go about fitting them in to updates though. For the time being, I will record my grinding in case any pop up, and then I'll try and find a place to fit them in as we go. I don't know how involved they are just yet either. Mana just randomly appeared at the start of May and said the Maidens are practicing for an upcoming Sports Festival or some poo poo.

I also haven't learned anything regarding the appearance of Maiden 13. I can only assume that her introduction is story gated.

Anyway, expect Team voting sometime tonight. Team B won't work quite the way I was hoping, so voting will only be for Teams A and C. If you'd like to think about suggesting a Team for slot C, then use the classes I listed above. Team Voting won't run for very long since I need something to work with for dungeons (The Spring dungeon will apparently only stay open during Spring, which means I'm on a time limit for getting this tutorial seal done with, otherwise I need to circle back around to next Spring).

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

~Star Children Voting: Opening Rant~

The Maiden Voting is still going for now, although it has definitely dropped off by this point. I’ll leave it until tomorrow before finalizing the results.

However, there is another matter that needs attending to. We need Star Children. Three teams of them to be precise. Normally I would wait until the Focus Star Maidens have been chosen so that I could primarily use them as the mothers of our little spirit warrior children. Unfortunately…

The required stats to make more than the absolute basic of classes is frustratingly high. Fighters, Magicians, and Clerics are simple to make and any of the Star Maidens can manage those. On the other hand, Thief, Monk, Archer, and Merchant can only be made by very select Star Maidens whose stat spreads perfectly line up with the class in mind.

The game does not explain how to improve the stats at all. I couldn’t even find any solid answers online. I’ve figured out some basics, but I won’t bore you with those details here. I’ll probably save that for the next real update since that will mostly be comprised of dungeon.

Basically, I have little loving clue how to properly manipulate this. It was way easier to control in Conception II, but Conception Plus has made it a huge grind. In other words, there probably won’t be as many Star Child Team shakeups as there were in CII, because new classes will likely be at a premium. I don’t expect we’ll see any new classes after this until Tri-Mating is unlocked.

But let’s focus on what we can do. I’ve done my best to give the thread as much to work with as I can.

~Star Child Team Voting: First Round~

Here’s how it works:

-We have 3 Team slots.

Team A: Team A is hereby known as Team A(wful), just as they were in CII. Team A(wful) will be made up of whichever four classes get the highest number of votes in the poll that I will link to. More on that below.

Team B: Team B is hereby known as Team Psycho. Team Psycho will be decided on by me. However, in the interest of making life potentially difficult for me in the same way that letting the thread choose my teams does, there is a condition I will have to follow. See, this game has a particular online feature that was added for Conception Plus:

When connected online, there is a chance that the Star Children made by other players will appear at the Inn to be potentially recruited. I don’t know what the RNG for this involves. All I know is that every time Itsuki comes back from dungeon crawling, there is a chance it will happen.

This happened once during my grinding of Itsuki’s level and the Star Maidens bond gauge, which you can see in the screenshot above. It seems to be someone’s tutorial kid. You can tell that this is another player's Star Child by the Wi-fi/Network symbol on Mahiru's portrait in the top right.

So here’s what I will do. I can pick whatever classes I want for Team B whenever there is a Star Child Team Vote. However, any time another player’s Star Child pops up at the Inn, I must put it in the team. The results of the Maiden Vote will determine who I have to swap out. For now, I just need to make sure that Team B includes this rando Steam user's “Natasha.”

Team C: Team C is open to the thread. Anyone in the thread can put together a team as a suggestion. I’ll collect the suggestions and pick one at random. The rules for Team C suggestions are as follows:

-Put your suggested teams in bold

-Choose any combination of four from the currently available classes (Fighter, Thief, Merchant, Monk, Archer, Cleric, Magician). You can pick multiple of the same class if you want, there’s no limit on that

-You can give the team a name if you want, but it isn’t necessary

-You can specify Boy or Girl for each class if you want, but this is also not necessary

-You can name individual Star Children if you want, but if you don’t then they will get whatever random name that CP comes up with from its internal name generator. Names have to be 8 characters or less.

-If you suggest Fighter, Magician, or Cleric, then you can specify who you want the mother to be (the Mother determines the hair color of the Star Child). Unfortunately, you can’t specify the Mother for Thief, Monk, Archer, or Merchant, at least not yet. Those classes can only be created with certain Star Maidens and help from RNGesus.

Finally, here are the classes we currently have to work with. I’ve highlighted their specialty skill which they normally learn around level 10 or so.

Note: I have no idea if Merchants can learn both Specialty skills, or if they just get randomly assigned 1 of the 2 available.

Team A(wful) 1.0 voting is over now.

Psycho Knight fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Dec 9, 2019

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I'm glad Male Cleric still has his terrifying thousand-yard stare.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Team Clam

Monk- Boy : Andre
Monk - Girl : Amber
Thief - Boy : D'Angelo
Merchant - Girl : Adele

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

How many slots does each team have?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Time to ramble about Zodiac stereotypes and comment about the cast in them.

Fire Signs (Aries, Leo, Sagittarius) - All of them at least have some manner of passion or belief they're sticking to. The Leo is being a Leo, which is to say trying to be the center of attention. Arie and Sue though are surprisingly more muted despite their zodiacs. The former is usually a lot more impulsive and extroverted, along with having a faulty brain-to-mouth filter. Sag are supposed to be more adventurous and wonderstruck; they say a group of Sag's are a Basejump after all. I don't know if those impulses will creep up if we look any further into either Sign. I don't expect the Leo to experience much development besides finding some way to channel her passions into her ideal position and make them into something positive without being obnoxious. That's kinda the traditional hurdle for that particular sign.

Earth Signs (Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn) - All three characters seemed grounded in a prior life or occupation, Tarua being a courier, Mahiru being a student and whatever relationship she has with Itsuki, and Farun being an entertainer. Tarua is being a Taurus to a T with how she's acting about her lot in life and stubbornness; Mahiru reminds me of the standards Virgos set for themselves, and how they simultaneous want things to go as they think them without saying a drat word about it; Farun is a contradiction to her Zodiac, conservative, business-type she is not, though she seems to have her poo poo together. Have to wonder if what we're gonna look at is having the preconceptions of all three challenged, reevaluated, or reinforced. Virgo and Cap are straightforward enough, but the Taurus is gonna be the hardest sell because they are famously resilient to change and require something apocalyptic for any kind of response. Not the actual apocalypse mind you, more an inexplicable inconvenience. After that, if you're not in the crosshairs, pray. If you are, run.

Air Signs (Gemini, Libra, Aquarius) - Nothing but ideas, headiness, and a not-insignificant detachment from the rest of us, though in different ways. The "Twins" remind me of what people think/expect of Gemini; roguishness that borders on adventure game sociopathy, i.e. Try Everything, Take Everything; I am dead certain Mirei is supposed to be Aquarius since she exhibits being certain about her way of things and wanting to examine other perspectives, which are outta Libra's wheelhouse. Libras are usually social, diplomatic, and tend to hem and haw about things. The former two show themselves more in Collette than Mirei. They all have ideas but those live in a vacuum, while they and others do not and cannot. I have to wonder if all three are gonna be attempts to reach out to them and respond to other people around them. Libra might have it easy, but that depends on doing more than just keeping up on supply. Twins are gonna have self-righteousness to defend their flightiness, and Aquarius is gonna need some coaching for emotional intelligence.

Water Signs (Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces) - Emotions. All three have 'em, and require setting boundaries for themselves. Cancers are usually caring maternal creatures that tend to get upset if their emotions are spurned or criticized in some say. Scorpios' emotions are like staring into an abyss with how simple yet intense they are despite appearances. There's also want for experiencing the emotions of others so they can feast upon them. Pisces are caring, intuitive, and unpredictably moody. May have a tendency to get lost in multiple daydreams and may be upset if you distract them from said daydreams. Interacting with a water sign carries the challenge of being aware of the other person's emotions and why, and reflecting that back like a mirror so you don't wind up stepping on an emotional mine and get blown to kingdom come. And you're not gonna know when the explosion comes, only that it will, and that it may be something you won't expect.

I could say more about the Cardinal, Fixed and Mutable groups and common threads, but... I'm still working on that, and there may not be that much nuance in their commonality. Basically the Fixed Group has an overly simple perspective; the Mutable Group has a hard-to-grasp perspective; the Cardinal Group all have jobs that require large congregations.

This has been a confusing exploration and I can't help but wonder if I should go back on pondering whether thoughts are a state of matter in this world, and how a mind-meld creates a Child.

AnAnonymousIdiot fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Dec 8, 2019

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

Slaan posted:

Team Clam

Monk- Boy : Andre
Monk - Girl : Amber
Thief - Boy : D'Angelo
Merchant - Girl : Adele

Should I ask where that name came from?

I assure you that you have put more thought into this than the developers. Like I said before, I'm sure Mirei was chosen as Libra because they drew a Libra = Library = Intelligent connection. I'm sure the character designs and Star signs were picked out first and then their personalities were built around how they looked.

Incidentally, I match with Taurus quite a bit, except for the resilient to change part. Change is what I keep trying to bring about in my life, it just hasn't been going well.

Commander Keene posted:

How many slots does each team have?

Each team has 4 slots. This is difrerent from CII, where teams were made of 3. I think CII reduced the number to compensate for the fact that the Heroines were able to team up with Wake.

megane posted:

I'm glad Male Cleric still has his terrifying thousand-yard stare.

He has and always will see some serious poo poo. Makes me wonder what the hell the Male Clerics go through in the Star Realm before getting summoned.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I didn't even make that connection. I was just looking for a C word and it popped in my brain. Definitely not a great name for this game...

Changing name to Team Couscous

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Astrological wizardry

I'm always surprised at how these things can manage to get some things right. Most of its a miss regarding me, but it's drat spot on for a few of my relatives.

Psycho Knight posted:

He has and always will see some serious poo poo. Makes me wonder what the hell the Male Clerics go through in the Star Realm before getting summoned.

They have seen the truth in a very bright light- it granted them their powers but they will lose it if they ever close their eyes.

Female clerics are just slacking off in that regard. They already lost their powers but they fake it good enough for nobody to really notice.

Slaan posted:

Changing name to Team Couscous

Why not Croissant? We need a reason to have more bread jokes.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I had couscous for dinner :colbert:

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

I do not care about the rest of the team at all, but we gots to has a Male Cleric.

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
Archer, female
Must take some crazy effort to carry your quiver like a fashion statement.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Well, then, I'm going to put in a vote for the Totally Standard-Issue D&D Adventuring Party for Team C and go with Female Fighter, Male Cleric, Male Mage, and Female Thief.

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

Since this is an idea that spontaneously popped into my head, I'm gonna petition for Team Canada (because we da best) consisting of Female Merchant, Male Cleric, Female Archer, and Male Mage.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

Balache404 posted:

Since this is an idea that spontaneously popped into my head, I'm gonna petition for Team Canada (because we da best) consisting of Female Merchant, Male Cleric, Female Archer, and Male Mage.

:canada:

Alright, voting has closed for both polls as of this post. There was plenty of time for voting on the Focus Maidens. The Star Child Teams had a lot less time for voting, but I can't do a thing without them so I kind of needed that taken care of quickly. Next time Star Child Team voting happens, I will let the poll run for a longer period to give more people a chance.

For now, here are the results:

~Star Maidens~

1. Arie
2. Mirei
3. Reone
3. Farun
5. Mahiru
6. Ruka

The Star Maiden voting didn't have much in the way of surprises. The thread made its overall apathy towards the heroines known quickly and vocally. There were clear divisions between groups though.

-Arie and Mirei maintained steady support throughout the entire vote (Once Arie got to the top of the poll, she stayed there). Arie, being seen as the most normal/sane of the heroines, got the most votes by a good amount. Mirei also managed to break 40 votes despite the fact that she drugged and kidnapped our hero.

-Farun saw good initial support, but it ebbed and flowed over the days to eventually land her tied for 3rd with Reone. Reone's support kind of went the opposite of Farun's. While she had solid support, she was clinging to the bottom and actually fell out of the top 6 two times before managing to claw back up to 3rd.

-Mahiru was all over the place, which I guess is fitting for her remake induced personality crisis. In the end, she managed to dodge the 6th place tie by only 2 votes (one of which I admit was mine, as I had intended to vote for Sue over Mahiru but messed up).

-Ruka and Sue both tied for 6th. I decided to use RNG to break the tie and Ruka ended up winning out. Ruka kind of just hung out in the middle of the pack for most of the poll. Sue was always hanging on to the bottom, but she did see a boost in support over the days that had her break into the top 6 at one point. A strong showing. I considered counting my mistaken vote for her to break the tie, but I decided against it. The numbers are what they are and I'm the one that messed up my vote. Can't go changing the results based on my whims.

-Everyone else only saw scattered support. Yuzuha was the only one in the bottom 6 besides Sue to break 20 votes. That did surprise me a little bit, I will admit. I didn't think Yuzuha would pick up any kind of enthusiasm from the thread. Collette also got a decent number of votes, although at least some of that was from user inflatable fish and their love of bread based puns. Femiruna just existed, while Lillith/Lillie and Tarua didn't even get into the double digits.

I'll go over some of this in the update, but the main point at the moment as that Arie, Mirei, Reone, Farun, Mahiru, and Ruka will be our focus maidens for the near future. I'll do one more bonding update for them after the dungeon update is finished and that will cap off their first level of Bond Gauge. The other six heroines will get a basic summary of what happens in their bonding events.

Once Maiden 13 is finally introduced, whenever the hell that may be, I will do a bonding update with her to get her caught up to the others, after which we'll do another poll to see if the thread wants to shake up the choices to make room for her.

~Star Children~

I wanted to give more time for this, but my hands are tied until the choice is made, so I had to keep the voting window short. Here are the basic results (detailed results will come during the next update, since I haven't actually created any of these yet):

-Team A(wful) will be made up of Cleric (Boy), Fighter (Girl), Merchant (Boy), and Archer (Girl). There was a four-way tie for the last two positions, so RNG had to decide (the poll arranges ties by the order I entered the answers in, so I couldn't just go by that). There were no name suggestions, but instead of letting the name generator pick these I will name them after users that submitted unused suggestions.

So Team A(wful) will be Ratoslov (Male Cleric), Balache (Male Merchant), Cmdr. K (Female Fighter), and Leto (Female Archer). If user OutofSight wants to suggest something else, then go ahead. I couldn't think of a good way to abbreviate your username to fit within 8 characters. As it stands, I made another mythology reference because I am a dork (I thought Artemis was too predictable).

-Team B will probably be a Female Monk, a Female Thief, and a Male Fighter. Natasha the Female Magician will also be in the party, because she was recruited from another player which means I have to use her in my team. I didn't follow any particular reasoning for this, other than "I need to hit things hard." The Thief is in there to give a much needed boost of speed.

-Team C was chosen at random from the three suggestions received. User Slaan's party gets the nod from RNGesus. So for now, Team C will be known as Team Couscous and be made up of Andre (Male Monk), Amber (Female Monk), D'Angelo (Male Thief), Adele (Female Merchant).

Now that that is done, I need to go and actually create all of these and outfit them for a trial by fire. I'll get them to level 2 or 3, and from there they will have to do all of their leveling on the way to the boss, because we've spent enough time farting around in the tutorial section and I'm desperate to make some actual progress.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Naming dudes after thread posters is a fine and honorable tradition.

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

Well, those are some intriguing poll results, though I can't say I'm surprised. I figured Yuzuha wouldn't make it to the top due to the "big brother" thing. Even if they're not related, we've already seen FE: Fates to know we really don't want that. Sue is one of those characters I wouldn't have minded if she didn't look so young, especially with that outfit.

Everyone I voted for made it, so that's cool I guess.

megane posted:

Naming dudes after thread posters is a fine and honorable tradition.

Dwarf Fortress threads have been doing it for years!

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
Leto is a wonderful name and reference. No complaints from me.

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

Psycho Knight posted:

Balache (Male Merchant)

:yayclod:

I'll try to do the team proud (and get you lots of money in the process)

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

So, I've been thinking and I have to wonder: after the Impurity nonsense is handled, what happens to the Star Maidens when these Offerings can no longer contain these Impurities? Do they get kicked to the curb? Do they get afflicted with that Impurity by association with the Offering the Star Maidens created?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

I'mma Cleric! Yaaaaaay! God is always watching.