Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What word best describes your year?
This poll is closed.
Twee 4 1.28%
Goose 34 10.90%
Strand 22 7.05%
Bowsette 115 36.86%
poo poo 46 14.74%
Kirby 31 9.94%
Sonic 14 4.49%
I told you I don't like these polls 46 14.74%
Total: 312 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Roach Warehouse posted:

I'm not doing very well at Devil May Cry 5. I got up to Vergil but from second phase on he totally clowns me. Sometimes quick, sometimes slow, but he's so dang tough.

I found that going to true demon mode and doing that drill attack puts the hurt on him when he changes form, you can use it to interrupt his flying dash attacks

Biweekly reminder that games this year have been so awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What is chat thread's stance on eggnog?

Normally I drink my coffee black except this time of year when a splash of nog really hits the spot

No thanks, too exotic for my palate.

FirstAidKite posted:

I looked it up and apparently the orange face thing is an old fairytale about a meat and potato dumpling that comes to life and escapes being eaten by some humans and some animals and keeps singing about its successful escapes until a fox compliments its singing and the dumpling, distracted by praise, gets eaten by the fox.

The Little Gingerbread Man’s beefy cousin.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I'm going through importing games (from various sources: Steam, Origin, Epic) and hiding a bunch of games that are either dead or I've beaten and don't need to see in the GOG Galaxy 2.0 and I was reminded of the best MMO of all time:

Miss you every day SWG

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

playing thru gamepass on xbox one x

the outer wilds: this game owned, although the "you've got to do multiple things in one run to win the game" is always awkward, especially in a game that is supposed to be like "relax, don't worry about the time limit, you're always learning". also having to sit and wait for a couple of things, bleh. should've made the meditation more malleable so you could relax for just a few minutes as well

what remains of edith finch: excellent walky game

wargroove: accidentally launched it, so i did like one mission. it seems okay, although it feels a lot more like GBA fire emblem than advance wars. like yeah the number-based combat is the same as AW, but the gameplay loop isn't

gears of war ultimate: its hard to believe this influenced so many games, a bunch of linear corridors with occasional "flank" hallways, and devoid of any color or personality. played through the first act

full metal furies: whoa this game slaps, it's way better than the dev's previous game (rogue legacy) which was garbage. also the riddles are interesting, they must've enjoyed fez a lot

we happy few: if the game wasn't so low budget and janky, the world and environmental storytelling would be better than, say, fallout 4. but the moments of exploring abandoned houses where you get a story about the people who lived there, get upended by watching an NPC run back and forth from his default position to a random corner of geometry where they get stuck then start spinning around... then they run back to their default position.... then they run towards a different corner of geometry to get stuck on. the game has customizable difficulty now, so you can turn the "survival" elements off and not have to deal with bullshit hunger/thirst mechanics

demon's tilt: alien clash style pinball with enemies and bosses on the playfield. lots of projectiles, lots of ramps, lots of targets. doesn't SEEM like this has a wizard/endgame goal, because i defeated a lion boss on the top table, and it was immediately replaced with a slightly differently colored lion. i think this is purely a score chaser

also installed for later: ashen, creature in the well, panzer dragoon orta, my friend pedro, afterparty, recore, rare replay

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Dec 8, 2019

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
https://twitter.com/TannerLPer/status/1203437087405400064?s=20

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

The 7th Guest posted:

the outer wilds: this game owned, although the "you've got to do multiple things in one run to win the game" is always awkward, especially in a game that is supposed to be like "relax, don't worry about the time limit, you're always learning".
You don't really have to do that much in a successful loop though, lacking time is just the impression you get since the game will deliberately stress you with the endgame music and having to go through fish country. The only time-sensitive bit is that bit where you have to be at the right spot at the right time and obviously it comes early in the sequence. Even when the loop was 18 minutes you had some to spare and they threw in four more just to be sure.

The 7th Guest posted:

also having to sit and wait for a couple of things, bleh. should've made the meditation more malleable so you could relax for just a few minutes as well
You can, actually! Campfires allow you to do just that.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

LawfulWaffle posted:

Me: Carefully curating thousands of games, including dozens of RPGs I’ve always been interested in but never devoted significant time to.

Also me: Unable to stop playing Soul Blazer, a game I already beat two decades ago.

Oh my god my backlog is terrible too but for some reason I have started to replay my old GBA copy of Tales of Phantasia; I can't remember why I stopped playing it so long ago, my old save file said ~5 hours; maybe it's bad but I found the cartridge while going through some things and now I think I should play it ASAP and beat it before I push my luck too far and the internal battery dies and can't save my game anymore.
BUT first I need to do some more turns in my high elf campaign in Total War Warhammer 2 :negative:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

PlushCow posted:

for some reason I have started to replay my old GBA copy of Tales of Phantasia; I can't remember why I stopped playing it so long ago

You stopped because you realized that Dhaos was right and that you were the true villain

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Normally I drink my coffee black except this time of year when a splash of nog really hits the spot

normal eggnog smells heinous to me but my grocery store also sells vanilla flavored nog that is absolutely delicious

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Jotun is now free on the Epic Store. Never played it myself, but it has a pleasant art style if nothing else.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

The 7th Guest posted:

demon's tilt: alien clash style pinball with enemies and bosses on the playfield. lots of projectiles, lots of ramps, lots of targets. doesn't SEEM like this has a wizard/endgame goal, because i defeated a lion boss on the top table, and it was immediately replaced with a slightly differently colored lion. i think this is purely a score chaser

Demon’s Tilt hurts my eyes.

I like egg nog in latte. I also used to make an egg nog whiskey drink in grad school that was pretty tasty.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
You should drink precisely 1/4th a glass of eggnog once a year to remind yourself how bad eggnog is.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I beat all the ace combat dlc this weekend. It owned

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

what planes did you use

and how dirty were your boots

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

anatomi posted:

Jotun is now free on the Epic Store. Never played it myself, but it has a pleasant art style if nothing else.
Apparently this is a different game than Bad North Jotunn Edition that Epic recently had free

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I caved this weekend and bought Death Stranding. The Monster Energy drink placement is weird. Otherwise this game is fascinating and I’m very much enjoying it.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Chev posted:

You don't really have to do that much in a successful loop though, lacking time is just the impression you get since the game will deliberately stress you with the endgame music and having to go through fish country. The only time-sensitive bit is that bit where you have to be at the right spot at the right time and obviously it comes early in the sequence. Even when the loop was 18 minutes you had some to spare and they threw in four more just to be sure.

You can, actually! Campfires allow you to do just that.
Personally I don't think the campfires were that great of a solution because they still take juuuust long enough even sped up to where it still felt like your momentum was killed at the start of every loop.

That said I had no problems with the ending sequence, though I probably got a little lucky with the fish. My grievances with the game were the myriad of technical problems I encountered and the solutions to the last few major missing pieces for me being IMO not intuitive.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I drink store bought nog cut with milk.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Real egg nog is way too rich for me and takes too much edge off the alcohol, which is presumably why you're drinking it in the first place. If I want to get wasted on the holidays I'm not afraid to hide it!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

bushisms.txt posted:

LMFAO game of the year 1ad?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=emb_title&v=N3XY1R7ydTA

Hope the crucifixion gameplay is taking breaths qtes

I love how the beggar is like, i wanted money bro

In tears

I love how they pitch this as a game trailer but its so clearly just a series of CG mockups and isn't remotely playable

"open world" (no open world shown)

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Zaphod42 posted:

I love how they pitch this as a game trailer but its so clearly just a series of CG mockups and isn't remotely playable

"open world" (no open world shown)

Seems like they're basically seasoned game publishers

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am a fan of the Nog. Especially with some booze in.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Wait, Jesus Christ game is made by the same developers as

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaruC4y1zn4

I expected some Christian game studio with little experience, but this is just shovelware looking for easy marks

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I want a sex button

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

typical man can't find it when it's right there. am i right ladies

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i was getting all excited for Hades to finally be release on steam and then i visit its page and see it won't actually be finished until the second half of 2020

early access is a curse

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Why people bother making Jesus games that aren't MDickie?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
A few years ago there was a trailer for a movie from the perspective of a Roman officer assigned to investigate sightings of a local religious weirdo after he had already been executed. The Christ story as an X-Files episode might have been an interesting idea, but apparently it turned out to be run-of-the-mill christian movie trash.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

autumnal oddium posted:

typical man can't find it when it's right there. am i right ladies

ma'am please put your ps vita away in public

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Maybe there is hope

https://twitter.com/kchironis/status/1203702965728505856

Help Im Alive posted:

What are they playing now

https://twitter.com/kchironis/status/1203704307754758144

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 8, 2019

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What are they playing now

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

checks out, my 12 year old niece was disgusted the other day when her little brother asked if she wanted to play fortnite. and thats someone that was very excited when I bought her the battle pass for her bday a year ago lmao

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

haveblue posted:

A few years ago there was a trailer for a movie from the perspective of a Roman officer assigned to investigate sightings of a local religious weirdo after he had already been executed. The Christ story as an X-Files episode might have been an interesting idea, but apparently it turned out to be run-of-the-mill christian movie trash.

I'm pretty sure I watched something similar when I was in middle school for religious studies but it was a roman officer assigned to retrieve the sacred shroud(I think?). He gets stabbed, I don't remember the details.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

haveblue posted:

It was fine if you could leave your fedora at home for a few hours.

E: they got a curly black-haired, dark olive-skinned guy to play Jesus which is already like four blasphemies away from "run-of-the-mill christian movie trash"

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Dec 8, 2019

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

lol

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/moretylenol/status/1203496224445349888

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Currently rewatching rescue rangers, and almost every episode has some hot piece of anthropomorph, not including gadget. Which led to rating the rangers level of sexy

1) is of course Dale, most would say gadget, but Dale is down for whatever where as

2) gadget has a very particular ways to do things. Not to say she's not also down for a wide spectrum, just expect it to involve her pneumatic swing set made from knex and rubber bands

3) zipper's proportional strength can only be used in so many ways

4) Monterey jack's one track mind can lead to messy situations, don't let him fondue

5) chip, more like one pump chump

Also it took forever to place it, but the main cat villain is who Jim Sterling unconsciously emulates

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Dec 8, 2019

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
what

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

bushisms.txt posted:

Currently rewatching rescue rangers, and almost every episode has some hot piece of anthropomorph, not including gadget. Which led to rating the rangers level of sexy

1) is of course Dale, most would say gadget, but Dale is down for whatever where as

2) gadget has a very particular ways to do things. Not to say she's not also down for a wide spectrum, just expect it to involve her pneumatic swing set made from knex and rubber bands

3) zipper's proportional strength can only be used in so many ways

4) Monterey jack's one track mind can lead to messy situations, don't let him fondue

5) chip, more like one pump chump

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The horny contest was a mistake