Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

disregard

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Dec 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
Bizzarro Shav's looking real sick mechanically and artistically. I'm thinking it's best for some kind of Lowlife Hiero?

My Shark Waifuu
Dec 9, 2012

awww hell yes, spent 5 points on a bug and got an awesome purple parrot out of the mystery box! dreams do come true :kimchi:

rip rng, probably won't find a single Exalt next league

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah that item looks epic. It'll give me an excuse to play the once-popular low life high mana where instead of CI you just res most of your HP so you can have even more auras. You could also do something goofy like have big mana pool but use spend essence instead of mana with it and MoM

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah a low-life build where max life still increases your EHP pool sounds really neat.

J
Jun 10, 2001

I wanna see the numbers on the gotdang new explosive arrow already :argh:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m thinking champion impale ballista or chief burning arrow .

Champion impale ballista may be ridiculously tanky and good

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

euphronius posted:

Champion impale ballista

is what im leaning towards as well. wondering what bow skill to use though. t shot might still be good

J
Jun 10, 2001

Havoc just had a 2 hour 9 minute kitava kill which apparently is a new record.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

queeb posted:

is what im leaning towards as well. wondering what bow skill to use though. t shot might still be good

Shrapnel ballista and maybe also maybe a self fired rain of arrows with a curse on hit to support the ballistas.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

euphronius posted:

Shrapnel ballista and maybe also maybe a self fired rain of arrows with a curse on hit to support the ballistas.

I think you're going to want a fully linked skill for clearing since you can't place the ballistas on top of packs like normal totems

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

euphronius posted:

I’m thinking champion impale ballista or chief burning arrow .

Champion impale ballista may be ridiculously tanky and good

Impale ballistas are gonna be sick, only question is cost

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

MMF Freeway posted:

I think you're going to want a fully linked skill for clearing since you can't place the ballistas on top of packs like normal totems

Your right . I rewatched the video announcement and the ballistas spawn like 1 yard from you. Hmm

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Also thinking of jumping into the balkista bandwagon but also really not looking forward to the drudgery of getting a decent endgame or even red maps 6L bow.

Hiero/Chieftain burning arrow (or maybe even elehit or blast rain) or impale Champion, those are the questions.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Is Toxic Rain good for bosses? The internet suggests yes but it's hard to know whether people's "shaper killed in 0.0001 seconds" videos rely on insanely expensive gear or whether it's just a nice to have

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Toxic Rain scales really well. To get gently caress-you level DPS you need to have a 7L Elder Thicket bow but you can certainly do all content without one.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Qwertycoatl posted:

Is Toxic Rain good for bosses? The internet suggests yes but it's hard to know whether people's "shaper killed in 0.0001 seconds" videos rely on insanely expensive gear or whether it's just a nice to have

stupid good for both self use and totem, but top end damage is dependant on vicious proj +3 pseudolink bows. Normal +3's are good up till end-endgame bosses though, so you can plan a league starter and iterate once we've got conq crafting figured out

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
it's gonna be skelemancers for me, dawg

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Cool, TR going on my "look at patchnotes first" shortlist then

Rallos
Aug 1, 2004
Live The Music
For anyone looking to start bows next league. Don't forget vendor recipes: https://clips.twitch.tv/MoistSpookyLobsterPJSugar

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I really wish there were more recipes like that for common uniques.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Rallos posted:

For anyone looking to start bows next league. Don't forget vendor recipes: https://clips.twitch.tv/MoistSpookyLobsterPJSugar

tbh the gcp you'll probably have to use on the gem is worth more than the quiver.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

qnqnx posted:

Also thinking of jumping into the balkista bandwagon but also really not looking forward to the drudgery of getting a decent endgame or even red maps 6L bow.

Hiero/Chieftain burning arrow (or maybe even elehit or blast rain) or impale Champion, those are the questions.

At least there are a few 6l white bow div cards

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

dis astranagant posted:

tbh the gcp you'll probably have to use on the gem is worth more than the quiver.

Sure, but your time, especially at league start, is much more valuable than either. If you can easily gather those pieces as you go, the quiver can be a good power boost and speed you toward maps that much better.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Xeras posted:

I think there should be some improvement on looting currency for the health of players. However a currency vacuum will only devalue many currencies

Those currencies are overvalued if their value depends on whether someone is willing to click them or not. Such an odd fear to have.

Like, who would actually give a poo poo if you got 4x as many scrolls of wisdom when you go to one of the many currency exchange bots for the same price?

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Those currencies are overvalued if their value depends on whether someone is willing to click them or not. Such an odd fear to have.

Like, who would actually give a poo poo if you got 4x as many scrolls of wisdom when you go to one of the many currency exchange bots for the same price?

I wish I could stop picking up scrolls of wisdom, but I live in eternal fear of running out.

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib

LordVorbis posted:

I wish I could stop picking up scrolls of wisdom, but I live in eternal fear of running out.

there were two times in my first day of playing Blight that I was out and had to wait a while to ID some stuff and I never want to feel that way again

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

All it needs is for picking up a currency item to also pick up other currency items of that type in a radius

Clicking on like 10 or 15 different coin piles if I actually want to gather perandus coins or whatever is really stupid

re: scrolls of wisdom, blacksmith whetstones vendor for 4 of them, I rarely pick up scrolls but I do always pick up those

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

LordVorbis posted:

Red Red Blue posted:

re: scrolls of wisdom, blacksmith whetstones vendor for 4 of them, I rarely pick up scrolls but I do always pick up those

After act 2 or so, just pick up blacksmith/armourers

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

J posted:

Havoc just had a 2 hour 9 minute kitava kill which apparently is a new record.

and then he was destroyed by a man on a journey to chadlightenment https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/e7yc9m/20058_ssfhc_act_10_kitava/

9 loving minutes

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Jesus tie23he, that man had a family.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's insulting.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Awesome! posted:

and then he was destroyed by a man on a journey to chadlightenment https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/e7yc9m/20058_ssfhc_act_10_kitava/

9 loving minutes

Kill monster fast.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

so as of right now i'm thinking elementalist desecrate/vd into eventually coc dd for leaguestart and let meta shake out a bit before I play a bow build??

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1203786050327306240

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

LEGION

:swoon:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

No harbinger, poo poo league

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Captain Foo posted:

so as of right now i'm thinking elementalist desecrate/vd into eventually coc dd for leaguestart and let meta shake out a bit before I play a bow build??

Might be worth seeing how the build functions without a built-in CoC item in standard, cause who knows how accessible that's gonna be in 3.9

Can't comment on elementalist but personally if I weren't necro I'd just use a different spell to free up a slot for another support gem.

e: threw my setup into a tabula (dropped combustion) and did a t15, seems fine but the numbers were overkill to begin with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7tK1Zm7DRw

dyzzy fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Dec 8, 2019

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

Dr. Despair posted:

No harbinger, poo poo league

Honestly I really like the alien motif of Harbinger but If it was between say Legion or Harbinger then I'm going with Legion. Sucks that it's pricey, but I've always been a Bold player myself so here's to :rolldice:

EDIT: Domination just means regular-rear end shrines and not the weird ones from the league, right? I didn't play that one. This means more Gulls and Tamings right? Not that Gulls are super duper I just haven't used one but have grouped with goons who have and I figure Bow League seems a pretty good fit for trying it out on a Ballista or just regular pew pew bow char

Locke Dunnegan fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Dec 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im not a big fan of legion