Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Not just 80's style greens, but 40's style greens and pinks. Peaked caps and garrison caps are back too instead of the berets that were a pain in the rear end for everyone involved and usually looked like trash.

Liquid Communism has a new favorite as of 08:59 on Dec 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Repping my home town team today

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

COOL CORN posted:

is that team the "hypnotoads"? ( she asked condescendingly )

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Queen Combat has a new favorite as of 06:30 on Dec 11, 2019

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

A very nice apron! I also pity your tiny apartment stove, I hated cooking on those.

Decided to let my hair start growing back out, not sure how long this will last but I don't think it looks bad...

Liquid Communism has a new favorite as of 02:54 on Dec 10, 2019

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Why are goons all so hot I did not expect this, given all of the stereotypes

Can we get one or two not-hot goons please just to balance things out?

Or in the likely event that we fail to find a non hot goon, can one of you beautiful fuckers put on a lovely fedora and give your best "m'lady"

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Yeah turns out most of us are in our 30s now and have learned how to take care of ourselves, the mind boggles.

also some of us turned from greasy neckbeards into hot chicks lmao

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I mean just this page alone I would awkwardly give all of you finger guns

edit: I was really hoping to snipe the new page with this one but it didn't pan out but I stand by what I said

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Fender Anarchist posted:

also some of us turned from greasy neckbeards into hot chicks lmao

:hfive:

lookslikerain
Jan 10, 2014

If you find yourself in a social situation, make threats.

I bin absent. Had a lovely few months then got my poo poo together and got a job.

Proper work look. I'll have you know I'm a very serious engineer.

With very chill colleagues.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

That is a quality 'hawk!

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I feel like that amazing mohawk is dangerously appropriate for our dystopian cyberpunk hellworld but I kind of feel like "engineer" actually means "black market cybernetic augmentation installer" so please pencil me in for a robot arm when your schedule permits

lookslikerain
Jan 10, 2014

We're developing a camera that takes pictures of your eyes and uses machine learning for some fun medical purposes. Running joke is that we can also market it for detecting replicants.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

COOL CORN posted:

When I saw you next to your avatar it made me think of some sort of before and after shot from an advertisement.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
It's an ad for an amazing burn creme

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

lookslikerain posted:

ahhhhh i love everything about that pic! the outfit! the hair! the makeup! the smile! so dang cute

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

lookslikerain posted:

I bin absent. Had a lovely few months then got my poo poo together and got a job.

With very chill colleagues.

Gah this whole everything, thank you for bringing your lovely face back here! I wish I could dress normally at work, I'd have way more leather and patches and unreadable band logos

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

blatman posted:

Or in the likely event that we fail to find a non hot goon, can one of you beautiful fuckers put on a lovely fedora and give your best "m'lady"

Yo you called?

lookslikerain
Jan 10, 2014

Cheers all of ya. I have ups and downs but it honestly gives me a boost.

COOL CORN posted:

Gah this whole everything, thank you for bringing your lovely face back here! I wish I could dress normally at work, I'd have way more leather and patches and unreadable band logos

I wish that you could too and I love that I can, it's surprised me how much it means to me. And like, I get stares and poo poo, some random dude in town aimed a kick at me yesterday. But at work one of the founders is a Finnish death metal guy. And everyone else is just really loving nice.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

lookslikerain posted:

Cheers all of ya. I have ups and downs but it honestly gives me a boost.

Anytime anyone in this thread needs a boost, either post in here or pm me. You're all beautiful people and by golly I'll be happy to remind you of that!!

This message brought to you by this season and its various emotional symptoms. We'll all get through it together 💪💪💪

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

LingcodKilla posted:

Yo you called?

I feel like you are trying to bamboozle me with your silly expression but I have instantly and masterfully seen through your clever ruse

edit: in thumbnail mode that beer plaque looks like a comic book thought bubble

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

blatman posted:

I feel like you are trying to bamboozle me with your silly expression but I have instantly and masterfully seen through your clever ruse

edit: in thumbnail mode that beer plaque looks like a comic book thought bubble

It’s valid.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Got a haircut, bought a cheap suit, had a birthday, ate my weight in calamari.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Inzombiac posted:

Happy belated birthday! Looking very suave.

Maalady
Dec 15, 2016

gaslighting sack of shit cat

blatman posted:

I heard my name, so here I am.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Not breaking the trend of goons being beautiful

Edit-- oh I missed the username connection

RandomZero
Aug 22, 2010

Teagan posted:

You look like a more handsome dr.watson. I dig it.

Thanks Teagan!

They haven't brought back the greens, which is good, I couldn't stand those. The blues we have now as the dress uniform are way better IMO, as they go back historically to what the Army uniform used to look like. The pinks and greens are coming, but not for a few more years yet. I'll be retired by that point. Obviously there is some historical significance to those as well. Sounds like it will be considered the daily duty uniform when not doing training/in the field etc. They still have that uniform with the black shoes we currently have, so that needs to change to the old brown, patent leather they used to wear with them as well. Only time will tell though.

Also, I have no idea what the noble comment means, but yes, I am a medic.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

RandomZero posted:

Thanks Teagan!

They haven't brought back the greens, which is good, I couldn't stand those. The blues we have now as the dress uniform are way better IMO, as they go back historically to what the Army uniform used to look like. The pinks and greens are coming, but not for a few more years yet. I'll be retired by that point. Obviously there is some historical significance to those as well. Sounds like it will be considered the daily duty uniform when not doing training/in the field etc. They still have that uniform with the black shoes we currently have, so that needs to change to the old brown, patent leather they used to wear with them as well. Only time will tell though.

Also, I have no idea what the noble comment means, but yes, I am a medic.

that was me not being observant with the shoulders. i thought you were an officer(noble) for some reason. it's a Navy thing apparently

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Pretty sure it's a holdover from the Royal Navy of ye olde days where officers were mostly people with family ties or were themselves from aristocracy.

I was pointing out he wasn't a noble as a little shaming of LCK, since you are supposed to salute all officers in any branch of the military so you are taught that when you see someone in a uniform you don't recognize to always scan for rank insignia on 1) shoulderboards 2) collar 3) shoulder/sleeve so you'll know if you should salute (when in doubt salute anyways). This is bootcamp level stuff. For shame, for shame.

Mistayke
May 7, 2003

Oh man, I get a really hard Sergio Mendes and Brasil 66 vibe on that shot. From the "Look Around" album. You nailed the look.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Inzombiac posted:

I wish I were you.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Blackchamber posted:

Pretty sure it's a holdover from the Royal Navy of ye olde days where officers were mostly people with family ties or were themselves from aristocracy.

I was pointing out he wasn't a noble as a little shaming of LCK, since you are supposed to salute all officers in any branch of the military so you are taught that when you see someone in a uniform you don't recognize to always scan for rank insignia on 1) shoulderboards 2) collar 3) shoulder/sleeve so you'll know if you should salute (when in doubt salute anyways). This is bootcamp level stuff. For shame, for shame.

I’m a bad reservist. I once saluted and bowed to a Japanese officer in confusion on Pearl Harbor.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Hallo! My trans group is having a fundraiser lunch today, and I'll be coordinating service :)

It will be fun, provided we don't die.

lookslikerain
Jan 10, 2014

COOL CORN posted:

Anytime anyone in this thread needs a boost, either post in here or pm me. You're all beautiful people and by golly I'll be happy to remind you of that!!

This message brought to you by this season and its various emotional symptoms. We'll all get through it together 💪💪💪

Christmas is my worst time of year, it's appreciated.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

LingcodKilla posted:

I’m a bad reservist. I once saluted and bowed to a Japanese officer in confusion on Pearl Harbor.

I mean, it could be worse.

Content: I'm incredibly relieved to be done with school.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

TotalLossBrain posted:

I mean, it could be worse.

I slipped on some ice while greeting a chief on Dec7 in boot camp and “bowed” to him. Holy poo poo he was quick on the insults for that.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

10 Beers posted:

Happy belated birthday! Looking very suave.

Thank you!

Mistayke posted:

Oh man, I get a really hard Sergio Mendes and Brasil 66 vibe on that shot. From the "Look Around" album. You nailed the look.

Oooo, I'll take it!

Teagan posted:

I wish I were you.

You can be but you gotta take my bad brain while you're here.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Inzombiac posted:

You can be but you gotta take my bad brain while you're here.

Deal!

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Sup doodz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

i wanna be like you when i grow up