Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing

Robot Mil posted:

I’m not mad that Viv won but had a huge eye roll at Baga getting nothing but praise in the judge’s final comments, while they criticized some of Davina’s looks. Baga was a total mess half the time!

I loved how genuinely supportive and real the queens were with each other, didn’t get a fake or bitter vibe from any of them.

Baga looked busted as hell a lot it's true, but gets by on charisma. Davina's makeup is honestly frightening most of the time though. Davina has it all except looking good and having an appealing personality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Davina's day at the races and that crazy umbrella look were hands down prob my two fave looks of the season.

But yeah she's kinda busted. Just not as busted as Baga!

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I didn’t like her Raceday outfit at all, felt very contrived. I’m still kind of pissed the judges passed so hard on crystals Raceday look, not only was it a cool reimagining of glamorous raceway gear the actual headpiece is stitch for stitch a horses winter mask which I thought was a really cool aesthetic leap for the theme, much more so than ‘glam jockey’ at least

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I was extremely disappointed that no one showed up to Raceday with a sun hat that was as wide as they are tall.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

Thread fave and Chicago icon Dixie Lynn Cartwright got engaged!!

https://twitter.com/thedixielynn/status/1200968936851988481?s=21

There’s also a new episode of a goofy Chicago queen short, Real Dragwives Of Chicago! Please watch it after congratulating sweet Dixie :)

https://youtu.be/tjD_3RsUQ3U

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
Dearest squirrelfriends, I have invited you all here today to learn the TRUTH.

My hypothesis: RUPAUL WAS NOT IN ENGLAND UNTIL SEVERAL EPISODES IN.

The evidence.

EPISODE 1:
* We never see Ru and the girls in the same shot, except for one behind-the-head shot during the introductions.
* When the Brit Crew emerges for the first time, they walk to be next to Ru. We never see them in a shot with any queens.
* This is the moment when I noticed something was awry: The photoshoot. They never show Ru and the girls in the same shot, EXCEPT...

Off to the side, surrounded by static equipment, in a scene where they're clearly demonstrating green screen techniques. But also we have...

Ru being obscured behind equipment. THIS IS NOT THE ONLY TIME THIS HAPPENS.
* The only other "interaction" is later, where Ru is far away and surrounded by such bright colors as could easily hide any green screen issues.

* For the remainder of the episode, Ru is never in the same shot with any of the girls.

EPISODE 2:
* Look at how off the proportions seem in this shot. I know Ru is tall, but this makes him look like a giantess.

* Again, we never see the Brit Crew in closeup with any queens. All we get is this, a technique used many times, showing a sliver of something the Crew or Ru is holding to make it seem like they're in the same place:

Visible: Edge of sign the Brit Crew is holding. Not visible: THE BRIT CREW. Then the Brit Crew puts down the signs and leaves.
* Every wide shot, Ru is never in the same vertical plane as a queen. And, look at the shadows! Everyone elses' is dropping straight down or towards the camera, except Ru's, which is heading off to the southwest somewhere.

* This episode has a werkroom walkthrough. Except... RU NEVER DIRECTLY INTERACTS WITH ANYONE. He's always off to the side and whenever they can, they resort to direct head-on shots, obviously to cut down on the green screen costs.
* Michelle. She's part of the conspiracy too. The only time it looks like she's in the shot with the queens is this shot of SOMEONE from behind:

EPISODE 3:
* Here is the first shot in the entire series where Ru is interacting with something at the same time as a queen.

Therefore, I hypothesize that Ru was either not present for the first two episodes, or something went wrong with those episodes such that they had to completely re-record Ru's (and Michelle's) parts.

In conclusion,

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I love everything in that post.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
It's true. My uncle who works at Nintendo told me.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Now that rpdruk is done and I'm not a week behind most of yall I can post itt again!
Landon cider owns, the Vivienne is meh, and it concerns me that the boulets prefilmed all the challenge intros this season. I hope they don't become absentee hosts like ru

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

IMHO with Chan and Dixie has quickly become my favorite Rucap series. They killed it for DRUK, the interplay is just awesome.

I mean, watch this segment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN6bvGXF1fA&t=140s

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I accidentally unbookmarked this thread cleaning up my bookmarks and I was kind of bummed there were only a half dozen new posts or so and holy poo poo did this post make up for it

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
So that Netflix show AJ and the Queen has something like over 20 Ru girls in supporting roles.

I don't know if the show looks good though.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I feel a lot more sympathetic towards Baga now that I understand the family history involved.

This was a really strong final three and I do think the right person won, but tbh I would have been happy with either of the final two.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
So I've been out of the loop, when's the next season airing? I expected a season of all stars to come out this winter sometime soon, before the next regular season. Is that correct?

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

A God drat Ghost posted:

So I've been out of the loop, when's the next season airing? I expected a season of all stars to come out this winter sometime soon, before the next regular season. Is that correct?

They haven't announced any dates yet, but AS5 and S12 have filmed, and they just opened casting for S13.
Based on this and based on the previous airing schedule, we would expect to hear dates and details before the end of December.
Viacom is undergoing a merger, so the spoiler discussion subs seem to think that the show might change networks again. This complicates things, and may contribute to the fact that we haven't heard anything yet. We'll see!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Drag Race Canada has also filmed, is probably in post now, and will come some time in 2020.

They don't have the merger issue to deal with, I don't think.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I feel a lot more sympathetic towards Baga now that I understand the family history involved.

What's the family history?

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

angerbeet posted:

Drag Race Canada has also filmed, is probably in post now, and will come some time in 2020.

They don't have the merger issue to deal with, I don't think.

Oh, they're in no threat of cancellation, I just meant that the merger might make it harder to determine what exactly they're going to announce! :) You can't say "1/30 on VH1- NVM 1/24 on showtime- wait actually it's 2/14 on VH1-" you have to have it decided!

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Golbez posted:

What's the family history?

Short version is Baga was raised by her Grandmother because her mother couldn't look after her. As a result Baga is much closer to her gran than her mother. In the finale she tells Ru and Michelle that in the past 10 years she's seen her mother maybe 7 times.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Every time Lizzo comes on the radio I have fond memories of the producers struggling to eliminate Kameron Michaels and reluctantly being dragged along to having her in the finals

What a queen

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
JUSTICE FOR KAMERON MICHAELS

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

It's doubly funny because I'm pretty sure Kameron herself never expected to be in the finale. She had this veiled expression of ever-growing bewilderment each time she's asked to shantay.

She gave killer lipsyncs tho and I do like her personally so I'm not even mad

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

It’s almost 2020 and monet exchange is still not president ala death race 2000 rules for absolutely murdering that lizzo lip synch with kameron

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Sometimes I listen to ‘good as hell’ and I can just picture the entire thing in my head and I forget what lizzo looks like bc in my mind she looks like monet now

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I've spent the last 15 minutes trying to make the math work then I realized that Kameron and Brooke Lynn were merged in my mind. :laffo:

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I realized recently that while I've seen pretty much every season multiple times, that isn't true of the last few seasons which I've only watched first run. So, it's to the point where I sometimes struggle to remember who even won the last couple seasons.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Pinwiz11 posted:

I've spent the last 15 minutes trying to make the math work then I realized that Kameron and Brooke Lynn were merged in my mind. :laffo:

Wow racist against wasps much (I have done this previously as well lmao)

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
If any of y'all share my absolute love for Kameron Michaels, check out the WOW/Youtube series "Can Do Queens" with her and Asia O'Hara (the other robbed queen of Season 10)!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Kameron owns. I was not expecting her to sell me basically all my favourite looks that season.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I mean once she came out in that Crystal Maiden cosplay it was over

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

A glamorous muscle queen super nerd is a very special thing and we must cherish it.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

esperterra posted:

A glamorous muscle queen super nerd is a very special thing and we must cherish it.

Sounds like you might enjoy the work of Miss Toto!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Brvmz12hprz/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4yH-mRpf9V/

https://youtu.be/faff8fLoy-c

Very big, very strong, very glamorous, and also nerdy :)

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

It was kind of crazy the way she killed the runways over and over again, wound up in the bottom, killed every lip synch she was in, unquestionably got to the final on her ample merits as a drag queen and I still kind of think of her as forgettable in the context of the show, solely bc she was so insanely reserved and averse to drama

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Watched the Trixie documentary. The Katya stuff was uncomfortable, but I guess it should be.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

zelah posted:

Watched the Trixie documentary. The Katya stuff was uncomfortable, but I guess it should be.

Why uncomfortable? Was it the "all our fans want us to bang" stuff?

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Poulpe posted:

Why uncomfortable? Was it the "all our fans want us to bang" stuff?

Katya had a relapse during filming the documentary. It was very bad!

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
She's such a riot

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I believe they were on set when it all went wrong at Viceland.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

zelah posted:

How do you watch it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I bought it on iTunes. She got money though so I would not judge you for pirating it