Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

Silver2195 posted:

I don't see shipping Ash/Go as inherently any weirder than shipping Ash/Misty or Ash/Serena.

weirder? no. they're both weird, but it's an equal amount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

CubeTheory posted:

I would pay up to $10 for DLC that did nothing but let me release whole boxes of pokemon at once.

This and let me lock a Pokemon so it cannot be released or traded. Even low tier gacha games have had unit lock options for years. And a mass sell (release) function because bloat is bad.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The hosed up fossils in SwSh are a real thing I guess

http://johnmckay.blogspot.com/2013/06/leibnizs-unicorn.html

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Live Free posted:

weirder? no. they're both weird, but it's an equal amount.

its just a cartoon, dude. its a cute read of a cute episode. you can let people have fun with that stuff without getting defensive of the purity of ash ketchum or whatever

pretty sure the girl in the x/y anime kissed him anyway so its not like the show hasnt done that stuff before

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

Sea Lily posted:

its just a cartoon, dude. its a cute read of a cute episode. you can let people have fun with that stuff without getting defensive of the purity of ash ketchum or whatever

sorry i think it's weird to pretend anime children are boyfriends/girlfriends

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Ash is bi and that is good

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Framboise posted:

Ash is bi and that is good

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames
gary oak has a foot fetish

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Still can't believe that ash got his mom a husband. Great son, 10/10

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Is it even possible to connect to other Ayers for these Max raid battles? Every time I try nothing works at all. I kind of wish I could just do these things alone without the computer cause they add nothing.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
I've got a PSA for people shopping for hidden ability Pokémon in ShSw: beware, a lot of hidden abilities are unobtainable from raids for no reason! I'm going to list some notable ones:

Unaware Clefable
Tinted Lens Noctowl
Swift Swim Beartic
Analytic Beheeyem
Prankster Liepard
Simple Swoobat
Sturdy Avalugg
Prankster Meowstic
Stakeout Thievul

I guess they will only be available through special events or through Pokémon Home transfer.

Forsythia fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Dec 9, 2019

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

The Golden Gael posted:

Did anyone notice they hosed up with the sprites for Fossilized Drake and Fossilized Fish?

These poor ancient creatures just can't catch a break.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

QuasiQuack posted:

Hmmm, yes. But have you considered "luchador but a bird"?

This is one of the best executed designs in the game

His little mask

The way his cry goes WOOOooooo and he spreads his wings like a wrestler

His coat of feathers looking like a bird but at the same time looking like a wrestler

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Mizuti posted:

I've got a PSA for people shopping for hidden ability Pokémon in ShSw: beware, a lot of hidden abilities are unobtainable from raids for no reason! I'm going to list some notable ones:

Unaware Clefable
Tinted Lens Noctowl
Swift Swim Beartic
Analytic Beheeyem
Prankster Liepard
Simple Swoobat
Sturdy Avalugg
Prankster Meowstic
Stakeout Thievul

I guess they will only be available through special events or through Pokémon Home transfer.

Similarly I have caught 3 Gmax snorlax and they have never not had the hidden ability. Looks intentional

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

This is one of the best executed designs in the game

His little mask

The way his cry goes WOOOooooo and he spreads his wings like a wrestler

His coat of feathers looking like a bird but at the same time looking like a wrestler

Also the first dual-typed move

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Because the 4448 code is 99% other americans, and twitter trades are mostly "6IV for 6IV" does anyone here have a foreign ditto they'd be willing to toss me?

Ideally one with 4+ IVs, but I'm not that picky.

Jithendra
May 23, 2009

Leal posted:

Going through and hatching all those Eevees for perfects I think I got a shiny at some point and tossed it without realizing it as later on when I looked at my league card it said I had 2 shinies. The only one I know I had was my square purrloin, welp!

Did you evolve your Purrloin? Because I caught a shiny Hatenna and then later when I looked at the trainer card I freaked out because it said I had caught two shinies and I thought I'd somehow missed the second one, but it was actually just counting Hatenna and her evolution separately.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Man getting Pokémon that are grass-only is a pain in the rear end when you’re getting chased down by whatever rear end in a top hat Pokémon is in that area

Just leave me alone to my farming, please.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Welp just caught me a defiant obtsagoon. What's considered the ideal ability/moveset for these guys anyway?

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Blaziken386 posted:

Older games require the old save to be deleted beforehand, yeah. Sword and Shield (as well as LGPE) are the exception to this, as you can just sign in with a different profile.

drat. Yeah, my wife is playing on my copy of Sword but her own profile so i was hoping that profile based saves had been a thing for a while. It’s a really nice feature.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Flopsy posted:

Welp just caught me a defiant obtsagoon. What's considered the ideal ability/moveset for these guys anyway?

Flame Orb + Facade with the Guts ability :v:

Defiant is probably preferred for doubles, but I don't see Obstagoon in doubles much so I'm not sure what set it'd want there

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!
Another PSA: Flame Orb is ungodly hard to get in this game. The only source is Ball Guy's random reward at Wyndon, so you're at the mercy of Ball Guy's RNG for a very important item. If you're playing on the actual game and not a battle simulator, Guts + Flame Orb isn't as simple of a slam dunk as it usually is.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Just realized that I forgot to plan ahead for natures where my competitive team is concerned, because in the back of my mind I was just like "oh I can just use mints, whatever," not remembering that A: I already have several mons who need mints (shiny and/or gmax, and are thus irreplaceable), and B: mints are loving expensive.
So I need to toss two that I thought were done back in the daycare. :negative:
Pokemon Home can't come fast enough. Why did they make nature mints 50BP each and only let you gain 2BP at a time? Just to make us suffer??

Mizuti posted:

Another PSA: Flame Orb is ungodly hard to get in this game. The only source is Ball Guy's random reward at Wyndon, so you're at the mercy of Ball Guy's RNG for a very important item. If you're playing on the actual game and not a battle simulator, Guts + Flame Orb isn't as simple of a slam dunk as it usually is.
Why would you pair Flame Orb with guts instead of, like, Toxic Orb? Burn's 50% attack reduction neutralizes the effect. (unless the description is misleading and it gives the boost AND prevents burn's usual effect?)

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Guts negates the burn debuff.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

... I hope this helps!
Guts neutralizes the attack drop from being burned. Toxic Orb's damage ramps up and so it's not worth using in Flame Orb's place, unless you're trying to use Guts Flareon who's immune to being burned.

(Yes, Toxic Orb is a random draw from Ball Guy too)

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Sockser posted:

Man getting Pokémon that are grass-only is a pain in the rear end when you’re getting chased down by whatever rear end in a top hat Pokémon is in that area

Just leave me alone to my farming, please.

It's just bad and I've stopped doing it if there's an alternive.

Mawile is grass only 10% in one area depending on weather, and overworld 10% in another area.

I tried for 10 minutes to catch it grass only and gave up and waited for weather to change - I caught 3 in the overworld back to back. Overworld stuff is so much less frustrating

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
I have found that in surprise trading I always get the best results from Japanese players. My most recent was a 5IV Charmander in a beast ball.

As someone who hasn't gotten into a Pokemon game since the originals this has been really fun and I'm really enjoying the various things there are to do after beating the game, so much so that I'm considering trying out the competitive scene as it seems like its a lot deeper than I thought it was.

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019

Mizuti posted:

Unaware Clefable
Tinted Lens Noctowl
Swift Swim Beartic
Analytic Beheeyem
Prankster Liepard
Simple Swoobat
Sturdy Avalugg
Prankster Meowstic
Stakeout Thievul

Is there a full list available of the mons with unobtainable HAs? Curious what all we can't actually get yet.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Yeah I was getting pelted by Japanese Dreepy from Wonder Trade and it was kind of a letdown until I got the stats judge and turns out half of them have 5 perfect IVs. Appreciate the congrats!

Speaking of, if anyone in US is grinding shiny Dreepy I can definitely toss a foreign one your way. Or you can use Wonder Trade for a few minutes apparently.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
Yeah I made a point of breeding a bunch of version exclusives or starters to wonder trade and whenever I saw a western name I knew I was going to get a pidove or zigzagoon back 95% of the time.

I've had plenty of dreepy's (one's a 5IV in a beast ball) but also a 4 IV japanese ditto, rare spawns, version exclusives.

Stangg fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Dec 9, 2019

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

Because the 4448 code is 99% other americans, and twitter trades are mostly "6IV for 6IV" does anyone here have a foreign ditto they'd be willing to toss me?

Ideally one with 4+ IVs, but I'm not that picky.

If you're really desperate I have a 0 iv french one. I hadn't even realized there were overworld spawns when I got it

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I've reset this den 100 times and no Darmanitan. I'm at Den 55. Nothing but Lapras, Mr. Rime, Avalugg, Glalie and the odd Snorunt or Delibird.

I'm complaining on the internet about it because that seems to help my chances of it finally appearing.

QuietLion
Aug 16, 2011

Da realest Kirby
I’ve been breeding the 6 IV Eevee that you get from Let’s Go with a 5 IV Ditto and despite hatching north of one hundred eggs/using destiny knot/held items that pass on a particular stat I’ve only gotten one perfect IV/nature Eevee so far, it’s driving me nuts.

I managed to even catch Pokerus from a wild Pokémon yet don’t seem to have the luck for breeding perfect IVs with two nearly perfect critters, Pokémon breeding really seems to be its own brand of insanity. :negative:

I too, am hoping that complaining on the internet will change my luck, it’s worked for a couple posters here right??

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

babey

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Blaziken386 posted:

Just realized that I forgot to plan ahead for natures where my competitive team is concerned, because in the back of my mind I was just like "oh I can just use mints, whatever," not remembering that A: I already have several mons who need mints (shiny and/or gmax, and are thus irreplaceable), and B: mints are loving expensive.
So I need to toss two that I thought were done back in the daycare. :negative:
Pokemon Home can't come fast enough. Why did they make nature mints 50BP each and only let you gain 2BP at a time? Just to make us suffer??

Its absoltuely the most gamefreak way of adding a concept. Oh finally, my ingame pokemon can actually be useful so I don't have to spend any time grinding and can just use these champions! Oh wait no, its still just faster to breed the correct nature.

I also enjoy that they had this problem solved in Let's Go, where you could just talk to an NPC and then get everything to generate with the necessary nature for like an hour. Why not do something similar? I guess with how barebones the postgame is you have to have something to grind for other than shinies.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
The mints are really more so that any random shiny or legendary you get can still be viable.

Breeding and EV training is so brain dead easy now that it's not really an issue. The mints are just a bonus.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

QuietLion posted:

I’ve been breeding the 6 IV Eevee that you get from Let’s Go with a 5 IV Ditto and despite hatching north of one hundred eggs/using destiny knot/held items that pass on a particular stat I’ve only gotten one perfect IV/nature Eevee so far, it’s driving me nuts.

I managed to even catch Pokerus from a wild Pokémon yet don’t seem to have the luck for breeding perfect IVs with two nearly perfect critters, Pokémon breeding really seems to be its own brand of insanity. :negative:

I too, am hoping that complaining on the internet will change my luck, it’s worked for a couple posters here right??

Why do you want perfect IVs anyway? You're likely only going to use one attack stat or the other. Having both seems unnecessary.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

dont evolve it.

Nanigans posted:

Why do you want perfect IVs anyway? You're likely only going to use one attack stat or the other. Having both seems unnecessary.

some mons are pretty equal in their stats so a bit of free damage if you go mixed never hurts.

QuietLion
Aug 16, 2011

Da realest Kirby

Nanigans posted:

I’m not too terribly into matches against other players, it’s mostly just a personal project because I really like the eeveelutions and seeing Best across the board is satisfying. But I’d like to at least start a few other projects like breeding that awesome Togekiss cleric build someone posted earlier!

Edit: Nani does bring up very good points regardless, depending on how long I chase this white whale I may give in and just hypertrain the last stat

QuietLion fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Dec 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Dizz posted:

dont evolve it.

some mons are pretty equal in their stats so a bit of free damage if you go mixed never hurts.

Yeah, but they're talking specifically Eevee. I guess Flareon can go mixed? But most of them excel at one stat or the other.