Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Did they really bring back cliff jungling?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

causticBeet posted:

dota has officially jumped the shark with rng item drops

Imagine having these kind of terribad opinions

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The item drops haven't been as bad as I thought but there are some real stupid things going on hero-wise this patch. Like Lifestealer just jungling to build a bunch of aura items and infesting the carry permanently. Or Clinkz getting free damage from kills now.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Irony Be My Shield posted:

The item drops haven't been as bad as I thought but there are some real stupid things going on hero-wise this patch. Like Lifestealer just jungling to build a bunch of aura items and infesting the carry permanently. Or Clinkz getting free damage from kills now.

the lifestealer abathur thing is funny but truly dumb and way better than it has any right to be

why does enchantress get a basically free rear end impetus level 1

why is lone druid.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
The new patch is really good; all the new items under Tier 5 are nice ways to pseudo-six slot. I've found they're kinda-cool utility items most of the time, which is nice. I was worried that the actual core items would get outdclassed, or become pointless all together.

Just wish the emotional maturity / actual intelligence of the community could improve.

TOOT BOOT posted:

Did they really bring back cliff jungling?

and iron talon :getin:

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Veng is a ton of fun to play right now as a 4-5. Rush into a Vlad, get that aura maxed, fight at objectives, and when you die keep killing people with your illusion. It rules. Also the Buckler armor aura stacks with the Vlad aura.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

come see the only current active goon stack ft. a professional dota 2 caster play this new hellish patch https://www.twitch.tv/wangsbig

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Patch good

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Right now I'm tearing up the mmr 3000 ratings just by picking mid sniper every time because while everyone in this terrible bracket is dicking about jungling or failing to work out what their hero does now, it turns out that stacking a shitload of damage and being able to deliver it from a screen away is still a winner.

I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but it feels like the proliferation of mobility skills actually makes sniper safer because if you get jumped a teammate is more likely to be around with a save.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Alchenar posted:

Right now I'm tearing up the mmr 3000 ratings just by picking mid sniper every time because while everyone in this terrible bracket is dicking about jungling or failing to work out what their hero does now, it turns out that stacking a shitload of damage and being able to deliver it from a screen away is still a winner.

I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but it feels like the proliferation of mobility skills actually makes sniper safer because if you get jumped a teammate is more likely to be around with a save.

:hmmyes:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Mid snipers in most my games contribute like nothing and either feed early game or last hit a bunch of heroes and turn themselves into gold pinatas late game that die once everyone has blink daggers. A cool thing a lot of them do in the new patch is constantly buy out half the wards and put them on their hill while standing there plinking creeps

I'm sure there are actual good sniper players and all but in poo poo Archon land the hero is usually occupied by people who find themselves mid and and are scared to play anything more mechanically dense than pushing q while under tower

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

scared to play anything more mechanically dense than pushing q while under tower

your words are hurtful and true

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Time for a new/Outlanders thread?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Dota is Back, and it's Good.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The patch is really fun.

In all my years of mediocre Dota I've never been a hero spammer but I've won like 10 games in a row with Chen and I'm starting to succumb

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

The Ninth Layer posted:

Dota is Back, and it's Good.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
http://www.dota2.com/patches/7.23c

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
regen amp stacking makes huskar completely absurd, holy poo poo.

e: 6 sange can outheal a fountain

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Dec 8, 2019

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I知 going to play this game again, in 8 days I値l be clean for 5 years and then I知 reinstalling

Which hero do i play

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

please knock Mom! posted:

I知 going to play this game again, in 8 days I値l be clean for 5 years and then I知 reinstalling

Which hero do i play

phoenix in honor of mayheim

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I hate Phoenix, can稚 I play something easier

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Which hero do i play

tiny

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

I hate Phoenix, can稚 I play something easier

play viper and spit at people as a pos 3

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Which hero do i play

pudge mid

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Clock aghs is hilarious, can zip around like a maniac blowing dudes up.

I hate what they've done to Treant though. Punch-tree was great fun, but his new abilities just feel so lightweight and ineffective. His Q is like a lovely narrow shrapnel,it's awful.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

It's actually decent for zoning in lane. Although you risk pushing your lane, even with the half DPS to creeps. I don't know, I like him from what I've seen so far.

I played some Omni yesterday with a Treant and we had so much survivability with the max health that Omni's new W grants. Although, how exactly does Status Resist work? Just reduces stuns, roots, and snares by X%?

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

7.23c Tree is real good.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Larry Parrish posted:

drat I miss hon. i also kind of miss league from the like 2012 era where every ability scaled with both attack damage and ability power so you could do goofy builds

the best time to play league was immediately after beta ended and nobody had unlocked flash yet.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I haven't played in 4-5 years, I remember liking support, techies, and lane pushers, anyone wanna help me get back into it? Nalesh#5534 on discord

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ruzihm posted:

the best time to play league was immediately after beta ended and nobody had unlocked flash yet.

Game was good up until they forced the euro meta on everyone (also before they destroyed my two favorite heroes).

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

league's still fine now because you get 15, 20 mins tops to make either team have a mental breakdown and surrender. in dota you've unfortunately got enough time to see everyone go through all the stages of grief

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/dota2_gamepedia/5/5d/Vo_mirana_mir_ability_star_03.mp3

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

hit the point of dota no longer being fun again, it was a good run 7.23

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

this patch was fun for a while but i think after almost 8 years of playing this game i'm getting a little bored of it

i think it'd be cool if there was a new dotalike moba arts on the market, or something similar to one in pacing and strategy, but i don't know if we'll ever get one since game devs generally refuse to make games for genres that are """dead"""

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Dec 16, 2019

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Patch had some cool ideas but the player count is back to dropping again

The real litmus test will be if next years international is the first with a reduced prize pool.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

it'd be cool if Valve unveiled a new Dota game at TI10 and then the next 10 TIs would be played in that instead but lol who am I kidding

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Minorkos posted:

this patch was fun for a while but i think after almost 8 years of playing this game i'm getting a little bored of it

i think it'd be cool if there was a new dotalike moba arts on the market, or something similar to one in pacing and strategy, but i don't know if we'll ever get one since game devs generally refuse to make games for genres that are """dead"""

It sucks Smite was more LoL and has really embarrassing designs because that seemed like a cool idea.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Smite was really cool but I hated a lot of the fundamental design decisions. I seem to remember a ton of Ultimate abilities just made dudes immune to certain types of damage or and crowd control, so they could always just press R and run away.

The over-the-shoulder perspective was fun, but yea it was clear they were trying to copy League and I just didn't like it.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Groovelord Neato posted:

It sucks Smite was more LoL and has really embarrassing designs because that seemed like a cool idea.

Some of the gods were cool like fenrir, some were forgettable anime girls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Some of the gods were cool like fenrir, some were forgettable anime girls

Once I saw the gangster baby I knew this would not be the game for me.