Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

podcasts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

the trueanon twitch stream

Serf
May 5, 2011

as a southerner/rural i will graciously allow anyone to use the term y'all

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
the 'y'all' word pass

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Lolling at how much more goony he looks than I imagined, it's a wonderful treasure.

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Jonah Galtberg posted:

“uh hi, he/him here, just for clarity i’m wondering whether the previous speaker was saying ‘folks’ or ‘folx’? and in the future could we please maybe spell the letters out instead of just saying the word?”

we uh... we misgendered some folks

Often Abbreviated has issued a correction as of 14:27 on Dec 9, 2019

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Is there a Mister Gender?

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
simply use your regional y’all. if your y’all is dumb because you’re from Pittsburgh or some poo poo sorry guess yinz regional dialect sucks

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

y'all/them

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I am dragged in chains before the tribunal. Beaten, sure, but not broken. The judge sits high in his chair. My crime: blending the words What's and Up too much for my tax bracket.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Jonah Galtberg posted:

“uh hi, he/him here, just for clarity i’m wondering whether the previous speaker was saying ‘folks’ or ‘folx’? and in the future could we please maybe spell the letters out instead of just saying the word?”

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

making fun of the dsa is ableism btw.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
:gas:

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

projecthalaxy posted:

I am dragged in chains before the tribunal. Beaten, sure, but not broken. The judge sits high in his chair. My crime: blending the words What's and Up too much for my tax bracket.

What's updog?

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

broke: y’allidarity
woke: ya’llahdarity

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Don’t y’all you guys folx have like some other thread you can do this in

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

GoLambo posted:

or a mind virus designed to provoke irrational violence like some kind of trigger word to make someone suddenly shoot up a school.

would y'all kindly...

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
there's a perfect word that fits all situations

comrade

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Serf posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

projecthalaxy posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jonah Galtberg posted:

Every time I see folx it's ironic but knowing the internet I now truly dread the day when its unironic

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Party Plane Jones posted:

there's a perfect word that fits all situations

comrade

i cant decide if its more embarassing to pretend to be a 1910s revolutionary or to rpetend to be a poor white person from houston

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
*clears throat, approaches mic*

umad

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

ur in my world now posted:

umad

gender neutral, checks out

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Serf posted:

inyallah

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Serf posted:

Oh hell yeah, I have a Dixie pass now! "I'm allowed to say it, I have southern friends and they say I can!"

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Larry Parrish posted:

Every time I see folx it's ironic but knowing the internet I now truly dread the day when its unironic

Wow you hang out in some lovely parts of the internet and don't go to queer community events. I am shocked, shocked I tell ya'll.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

ur in my world now posted:

umad

this is Abbasid erasure :ssj:

Serf
May 5, 2011

starting to feel like i should've asked for something in return for y'all. like the ability to use the new york accent and no one can get mad at me

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Serf posted:

starting to feel like i should've asked for something in return for y'all. like the ability to use the new york accent and no one can get mad at me

anti-italian-american racism is the one thing keeping the contemporary online left together

Farm Frenzy has issued a correction as of 15:52 on Dec 9, 2019

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Serf posted:

you are free to refer to all manners of carbonated drink as "pop" and to all sneakers as "gym shoes"

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I grew up with y'all but I moved to youse

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Serf posted:

this is the native right of all americans and most forms of swede

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

who is this

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

one half of the best podcast going (pisspig aka brace belden)

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Isn't he literally a goon

E: asked my boss he's not on the CIA psychop payroll

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
re: yall

use あなた instead

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
The only thing you should be calling pop, is thine father

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

a lot of people don't know this, but if you feel uncomfortable or like you're appropriating culture or whatever by saying "y'all" you can instead say "you all"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i used to work with a woman whose surname was jendah or something, so she was quite literally miss jendah, hehe thought i'd share to lighten the mood