Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Chilichimp posted:

Them having Stephen Castor be counsel for both committees is preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetty telling, honestly.

castor is probably the best possible (and or only) option they have, all the smarter dudes don't want to touch this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Castor is the guy who did the last questioning right? In front of the Intel committee?

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

HootTheOwl posted:

Castor is the guy who did the last questioning right? In front of the Intel committee?

Yeah, this comfortable-looking hunk of competence:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

yeah.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

HootTheOwl posted:

Squinty McDipshit, yes.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
I feel like Castor has been the better of the GOP counsels. I'm not saying he's GOOD or that he'll make a case but I'm not confident that Trump supporters at this point listen to anything that puts Trump in a bad light, all they need is someone to connect the dots enough for them and muddy the waters just enough for some independents, which I think he was obviously able to do during the Intel hearings if polls are to be believed, and he came off less scummy and slimy than this last counsel not to mention most of the GOP reps so...

It is hilarious though that the best they can do is a weasly looking dude whose body language screams that the process is physically painful and the end can't come soon enough.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Didn't Castor literally question witnesses so poorly that he drew damaging information about Trump from witnesses who clearly didn't want to say it?

Or am i thinking of a different lawyer?

Charlz Guybon fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Dec 9, 2019

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Yeah, this comfortable-looking hunk of competence:

"Please leave me alone"

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Charlz Guybon posted:

Didn't Castor literally question witnesses so poorly that he draw damaging information about Trump from witnesses who clearly didn't want to say it?

Or am i thinking of a different lawyer?

You are indeed thing of the C-dizzle.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

eke out posted:

please keep whatever slash you're writing out of this thread

Does your discomfort come from the possibility of us not accepting "routine obstruction" as due course, that Pence in his high office should not be subjected to an obstruction charge, or that we should not be so base and loving angry to Swiftly satirize Pence in all possible legal ways?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Otteration posted:

Does your discomfort come from the possibility of us not accepting "routine obstruction" as due course, that Pence in his high office should not be subjected to an obstruction charge, or that we should not be so base and loving angry to Swiftly satirize Pence in all possible legal ways?

you should chill dude

back to impeachment

https://twitter.com/mmcintire/status/1203864348822818816
https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1203859562954199040
https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1203862645905989633

eke out fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Dec 9, 2019

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...?outputType=amp

it seems like trump is trying to do his own steele report now.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...?outputType=amp

it seems like trump is trying to do his own steele report now.

that's just bullshit, just like how Rudy was doing a counter mueller report and he's already written 100 pages! except it never came out

none of that stuff ever happens

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

eke out posted:

that's just bullshit, just like how Rudy was doing a counter mueller report and he's already written 100 pages! except it never came out

oh, i know. i am just saying thats the narrative for trump for this minute.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

speaking of that rudy wapo piece:

https://twitter.com/qjurecic/status/1203851823079133185

quote:

In recent weeks, prosecutors subpoenaed a consulting firm founded by former FBI director Louis J. Freeh, which hired Giuliani to write an August 2018 letter to Romanian officials calling for an amnesty for people prosecuted for corruption, a policy change that would have benefited a Freeh client, according to people familiar with the move. The subpoena has not been previously reported.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

eke out posted:

Their version of the Steele dossier is that manila folder that got released by a FOIA request that's just pages of interview transcripts on Trump Tower stationary, with every instance of the name Biden emphatically circled and lots of exclamation points in the margin.

Holy poo poo it's been years since I've had occasion to say this: gently caress Louis Freeh.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

It's like that episode of Star Trek the next generation where the crew gets smaller and smaller until the Dr. is the only one left.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Squinty McDipshit, yes.

That is Counselor Squinty McDipshit to you mister...

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Charlz Guybon posted:

It's like that episode of Star Trek the next generation where the crew gets smaller and smaller until the Dr. is the only one left.

It's only ever been us, Hunter...

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Should probably pin thread ahead of hearings?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

refleks posted:

Should probably pin thread ahead of hearings?

today's hearing is gonna be more like an executive summary/closing arguments, probably also not the most exciting thing

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

eke out posted:

today's hearing is gonna be more like an executive summary/closing arguments, probably also not the most exciting thing

I demand pizzazz and you will ensure it

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Lol Republican heckler.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Democrat treason, lol

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Is Castor a witness lol

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Oh good. Starting out early with bullshit republican talking points

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I miss Adam Schiff

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
"I want you to do us a favor first" I think would be the moment.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

Collins has apparently forgotten, `I would like you to do us a favor, though'.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe
Indignant sarcasm is a great look for the GOP

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

It looks like Castor either backed out or got the boot; repub counsel is now apparently someone named Ashley Hurt Callen.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe
Sir, thank you for the great economy. Now please move aside, I need a banana.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

a guy came up to me in the grocery store and said, "this economy is the strongest i've ever seen"

lol

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Good thing Collins is a poor communicator who keeps trying to steer back to MEANS, MOTIVE AND OPPORUNITY

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

It looks like Castor either backed out or got the boot; repub counsel is now apparently someone named Ashley Hurt Callen.

Nah, he's testifying, so they need someone else to question him...

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

refleks posted:

Nah, he's testifying, so they need someone else to question him...

Cant he just do both parts in different voices?

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
I know it’s been said, but this guy is the whiniest little poo poo ever. gently caress him so hard.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Failed Imagineer posted:

Cant he just do both parts in different voices?

I doubt he has the faculties to do that and not get caught shouting OBJECTION at himself...

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's small potatoes compared to everything else, but my low-key favourite bullshit Republican tactic is to use a misleading paraphrase of what Schiff said when complaining that Schiff misleadingly paraphrased Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006
Off to a great start already - a heckler, Collins doing his folksy work while lying about some Joe thanking him for the economy.