Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Gortarius posted:

Dodged the nollakarisma Lindtman bullet.

He refused a portfolio in the Rinne cabinet for "family reasons", now all of a sudden those family reasons were not present (if anything, being PM is harder on your family than being a regular minister). That must have rubbed a few people the wrong way. Hindsight and all but if he'd taken any portfolio in the Rinne cabinet, all things being equal he'd be Prime Minister now. Unless he'd taken the omistajaohjaus portfolio which was apparently a poisoned chalice.

Maybe Marin will offer the omistajaohjaus portfolio to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mikko loving Kärnä thirstyposting about Sanna Marin lmao that didn't take long.

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell
I remember seeing those funny youtubes from Tampereen Kaupunginvaltuusto and thinking that this Marin is too good for local politics but it's pretty ridiculous that that was only few years ago

But yeah good for her, maybe SDP will suck less now

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

The portfolio carousel is now finished:

- Antti Rinne is sent to be vice speaker of Parliament to replace Tuula Haatainen
- Tuula Haatainen will be the new Minister of Labour
- Former Minister of Labour Timo Harakka becomes Minister of Transport and Communications to replace Marin
- Sirpa Paatero comes back as Minister of Municipality Affairs with the omistajaohjaus stuff transferred to Tytti Tuppurainen's portfolio as Minister of European Affairs.

Paatero coming back is a bit funny in that it makes it painfully obvious she was thrown under the bus by Rinne. Rinne does not get a portfolio, which would have been outright stupid.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Sulphagnist posted:

He refused a portfolio in the Rinne cabinet for "family reasons", now all of a sudden those family reasons were not present (if anything, being PM is harder on your family than being a regular minister). That must have rubbed a few people the wrong way. Hindsight and all but if he'd taken any portfolio in the Rinne cabinet, all things being equal he'd be Prime Minister now. Unless he'd taken the omistajaohjaus portfolio which was apparently a poisoned chalice.

Maybe Marin will offer the omistajaohjaus portfolio to him.

Lindtman clearly didn't want to dirty his hands with any real decision-making as a minister so that he'd have a better chance at running for party chair next year, serves him right that ploy blew up in his face.

Good for Marin, lol at Paatero, hope Rinne keeps his head down and mouth shut until he's quietly shuffled to the back row next summer (he won't).

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Forktoss posted:

hope Rinne keeps his head down and mouth shut until he's quietly shuffled to the back row next summer (he won't).

He irritates the EK dudes and duderellas like nothing else because unions are to them like garlic is to vampires, he should be as loudly present as possible. I hope he picks a second job as the parliament cafeteria's waiter so he can't be escaped. Maybe a third job driving taxi, though Husu Hussein has that bit already covered.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

He could be the next valtakunnansovittelija :getin:

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Why would you have Paatero coming back this soon? Unless there's some absolutely incredible suhmurointi going on with sote and maakunnat that will be unacceptable for everyone and Paatero is the fall guy for that as well.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
:negative:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Kulmuni traded places with Lintilä and will be Finance Minister.

I doubt she really wanted to take over there as quickly as this. It's like Kulmuni used a monkey's paw for "I wish Antti Rinne wasn't the Prime Minister anymore."

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Hide the pain Sanna

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
HS reporting is excited about the potential coming findom government, but I can't help but feel someone is missing in this graphic...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Paavo is missing.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Teuvo Hakkarainen is drinking his life away in Brussels, Halla-aho just shrugs at the problem back home.

Mestari posted:

Keskisuomalaisen jutussa Hakkaraisen puheet EU:n suhteen olivat kovia. Hakkarainen vertasi lehdelle EU-jäsenyyttä orjuudeksi, ja virkkoi, että Suomi olisi vapaampi Neuvostoliitonkin alaisuudessa kuin se nyt on.

”En ole yhtään Venäjä-mielinen mutta väitän, että Suomella olisi enemmän päätösvaltaa Neuvostoliiton autonomisena tasavaltana kuin EU:n orjana”, hän sanoi lehden mukaan.

Halla-aho ei ehtinyt kommentoida puoluetoverinsa Neuvostoliitto-kannanottoa, vaikka hänen avustajansa kertoi ennen haastattelua, että kansanedustajan kalenteri olisi tyhjänä vielä pitkälle alkuiltaan.

”Minun täytyy nyt lopettaa, sanoin sinulle, että minulla ei ole aikaa. No niin, hei hei.”

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
"No niin, hei hei." Would be a fitting new slogan for the party.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
It's probably a good thing that he isn't actually doing anything other than drinking

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Yeah I was about to say, I think Hakkarainen slowly drinking himself to death is infinitely preferable to him actually attempting anything resembling politics in Brussels. Or in fact anywhere.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
I can't really picture Hakkarainen doing anything other than drinking.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Well he is pretty drat accomplished as sahuri and can teach anyone everything about sirkkelit ja sahat, how they work, how to maintain them, how to sharpen the blades for different materials.

Mutta onhan noi sellaisia duuneja, että jätkät vetää aika runsaasti ja usein työvuoron jälkeen sitä kuppia.

Mitä sahuri sitten tekee Rysselissä on toki toinen asia mitä pohtia.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
I'm sure this alcoholic moron is a great teacher and imparter of wisdom and not at all a vaguely relatable populist figure for some people stuck in the dying swamplands of 1950's Finland

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/Hikipediainfo/status/1204413187434532864

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
I've sharpened tool blades(for metal work rather than wood but still) and you can definitely do it while shitfaced.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

bloom posted:

I can't really picture Hakkarainen doing anything other than drinking.

He posted on Facebook yesterday commenting "would" on the false news about him dating some "Asian karaoke singer". (I saw it because my brother-in-law likes to poo poo on Rudies on Facebook and I'm FFs with him.)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jesus H. Caries.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ligur posted:

Why, it is not a mystery? He was a vote-gathering machine in his party. What is a mystery is why any supporter of that party thinks they should be taken seriously after that.

Jackhammer
Jul 10, 2008
Getting Teuvo and Laura elected as meps was probably the funniest and most ps outcome of the eu elections

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Jackhammer posted:

Getting Teuvo and Laura elected as meps was probably the funniest and most ps outcome of the eu elections

I mean yeah if politics was about potential comedy possibilities I'd be a hardcore persu

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ligur posted:

Ryyppää

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Jackhammer posted:

120 years ago the politically undesirables were sent to Siberia

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DarkCrawler posted:

Why, it is not a mystery? He was a vote-gathering machine in his party. What is a mystery is why any supporter of that party thinks they should be taken seriously after that.

Teuvo is literally a brain-damaged type, like the previous Rudimentary Finns vote rake Tony Halme. He isn't human. And all ligurs vote for him.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
A degenerate drunk being a persu ääniharava is extremely fitting

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

bloom posted:

A degenerate drunk being a persu ääniharava is extremely fitting

How can I politics when I'm not a nazi ;_;

Bring back SKDL

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Darkest Auer posted:

I'm sure this alcoholic moron is a great teacher and imparter of wisdom and not at all a vaguely relatable populist figure for some people stuck in the dying swamplands of 1950's Finland

Kyllä se jätkä osaa sahatehdas hommansa helvetin hyvin. Ei tarvi olla mistään samaa mieltä poliittisesti mutta ei se asia siitä muutu.

Minusta on snadisti huolestuttavaa, että usein etenkin eri vih-vas jengit on sitä mieltä, että jos joku on eri mieltä ihan mistä tahansa tai spedeilee, sen on pakko olla ihan tyhmä ja huono kaikessa ja kakkapissapää joka on kikkelipissa kakka. Tavallaan tuossa on hauskaa ja viehättävää lapsellista naiviuutta, mutta toisaalta pelottavaa, että (ilmeisesti?) aikuiset ihmiset eivät voi käsittää että joku joka ole samaa mieltä kaikesta voi kuitenkin samalla olla aika hyvä ja taitava jossain asiassa.

Jerry on selkeästi vielä 13 tai 15 vuotias, mutta olen tovin olettanut, että suurin osa niistä jotka tänne jotain vielä postaavat ovat jo sentään yli 20v ja ymmärtävät, että samaa mieltä oleminen tai sen puute ei ole sama asia kuin aivovammasta kärsiminen tai merkki siitä, ettei voi osata mitään asiaa hyvin.

Jäbät kyllä yrittää todistaa että olen tästä asiasta väärässä aika usein.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ligur posted:

Minusta on snadisti huolestuttavaa, että usein etenkin eri vih-vas jengit on sitä mieltä, että jos joku on eri mieltä ihan mistä tahansa tai spedeilee, sen on pakko olla ihan tyhmä ja huono kaikessa ja kakkapissapää joka on kikkelipissa kakka. Tavallaan tuossa on hauskaa ja viehättävää lapsellista naiviuutta, mutta toisaalta pelottavaa, että (ilmeisesti?) aikuiset ihmiset eivät voi käsittää että joku joka ole samaa mieltä kaikesta voi kuitenkin samalla olla aika hyvä ja taitava jossain asiassa.

Kyllä Hakkarainen on saatanan tyhmä

En tiedä sen sahataidoista mutta saatanan tyhmä se on

Edit:kakkapissapää myös

Andrast fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Dec 11, 2019

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it

Ligur posted:

Kyllä se jätkä osaa sahatehdas hommansa helvetin hyvin. Ei tarvi olla mistään samaa mieltä poliittisesti mutta ei se asia siitä muutu.

Jerry on selkeästi vielä 13 tai 15 vuotias, mutta olen tovin olettanut, että suurin osa niistä jotka tänne jotain vielä postaavat ovat jo sentään yli 20v ja ymmärtävät, että samaa mieltä oleminen tai sen puute ei ole sama asia kuin aivovammasta kärsiminen tai merkki siitä, ettei voi osata mitään asiaa hyvin.

jos et poliitikon viisautta ja poliittista taitoa puolustaessasi keksi mitään aiheeseen liittyvämpää sanottavaa kun "muttaku se osaa sahata" niin eiköhän siinä vaiheessa jo olisi aika vaihtaa hevosta

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nice meltdown, Teuvo.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

Ligur posted:

Sir, this is a Hesburger Stadin Kebab.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

fluffyDeathbringer posted:

jos et poliitikon viisautta ja poliittista taitoa puolustaessasi keksi mitään aiheeseen liittyvämpää sanottavaa kun "muttaku se osaa sahata" niin eiköhän siinä vaiheessa jo olisi aika vaihtaa hevosta

Varmaan et ymmärtänyt jotain kun järki oli hetkellisesti jäässä, tai luit vähän nopeasti tosin tässä tapauksessa veikkaan, että väärinymmärtäminen on hieman tahallista. En sanonut missään kohtaa, että Teuvon taito ja viisaus liittyyvät politiikan saralle ja ovat suurenmoisia. Tai edes, että kaverin pitäisi olla politiikassa.

Sanoin, että Teuvo ei taida olla kuitenkaan ihan kädetön urpo ja kuolaava idiootti josta ei ole kuin rapppioalkoholistiksi kuten tuossa muutama postaaja antoi vähän ymmärtää (saa korjata jos luin väärin).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
No one commented on his ability to operate a saw before you chimed in with that great insight