Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

FAU posted:

It's real slow going for me, but at least I know what to bring up with my therapist next time!

Just one step at a time, buddy. We can all make it though this hellworld.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

FAU posted:

Well, I've been off my Citalopram for a couple days because the pharmacy was closed, so, you know. That probably contributed. It's a pretty low dose but there's a reason I'm on an anti-anxiety med!

edit: Kiwifarms or whatever other offsites, feel free to add this to your spreadsheets

Hey please ask a pharmacy, any pharmacy, for an emergency supply next time, I dunno how it works in whatever country you're in but that's something we can sometimes do here for people. And keep an eye on yourself over the next few days and if things seem to be getting bad please call help okay? Sometimes it takes a while for things to even out. Take care of yourself.

FAU
Dec 9, 2019

stupid newbie

HopperUK posted:

Hey please ask a pharmacy, any pharmacy, for an emergency supply next time, I dunno how it works in whatever country you're in but that's something we can sometimes do here for people. And keep an eye on yourself over the next few days and if things seem to be getting bad please call help okay? Sometimes it takes a while for things to even out. Take care of yourself.
I don't think it'll be too bad, getting back on usually evens things out real fast. But this isn't actually the first time this has been an issue - just the first time on SA.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
If it's happening more than once then it's a problem.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

FAU posted:

I don't think it'll be too bad, getting back on usually evens things out real fast. But this isn't actually the first time this has been an issue - just the first time on SA.

Can you set an alarm on your phone to alert you when you have a week to go until the Rx runs out? If I didn't set alarms like that for myself I would be screwing things up all over the place. Anyway you're a grown adult so I will leave it alone. I just get twitchy about meds cuz it's my job.:)

FAU
Dec 9, 2019

stupid newbie

Who What Now posted:

If it's happening more than once then it's a problem.
This is very true lmao. I'm on medicaid now, so I should find a new pharmacy that's open more often.

FAUrums medication drama

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo
So the past few pages have taught me that I need a new financial advisor, and it's probably cumshitter.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...

Pick posted:

Actually no, it sucks that the forums are self-cannibalizing.
it does suck, but remember these forums have been an ouroborous of self-cannibalism since the day they started. when they finally die it'll be through some bizarre whim of lowtax, independent of any of us :h:

we tried

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
let he who is without 80 probations and a ban cast the first stone

Dillbag has a new favorite as of 00:02 on Dec 10, 2019

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

FAU posted:

This is correct. I'm very sorry to everyone.
omg i knew when i saw 160 unread posts i was in for a rollercoaster

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Does the big wet fart from mods concerning transphobia in FYAD count as a saga?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Also, regarding that FYAD thread. As quick as some are to excuse the behavior of people there by saying it's all ironic and for a laugh, it's very clear that many of them have a very unironic and very pathetic vendetta against Koalas March. I seriously couldn't believe some of the people talking about her there weren't immediately called out as huge losers. For as much as some people have irrational and stupid vendettas regarding FYAD and its denizens, it's interesting that they aren't more aware of that behavior when it comes from within.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Who What Now posted:

Does the big wet fart from mods concerning transphobia in FYAD count as a saga?

they permabanned 1 user what more do you want?!?!?!

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

i'm sorry everyone. tgrs, the trans goons, fau, qcs, oldpainless, fyad, pick, all of you, my condolences for what has occurred over the past few days

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

the festive season is difficult for all of us

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

fauna posted:

i'm sorry everyone. tgrs, the trans goons, fau, qcs, oldpainless, fyad, pick, all of you, my condolences for what has occurred over the past few days

its ok

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It's been 13 years and I still don't get fyad

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Love this site. Especially love the goons with no pattern recognition. There's nowhere quite like here.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I went to sleep after writing the post that confused ground for floor and this is what I wake up to

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It's been 13 years and I still don't get fyad

Its :airquote:ironic:airquote: 4chan style shock humor. All the actually funny posters from there left for Twitter years ago, but they still try and pretend that there are some good ones around. They can't give you any examples of good posters, but they swear they exist.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Is CascadeBeta, like... okay? I'm kind of worried.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Antivehicular posted:

they were power tripping and it’s blown up in their face, a little

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

from halloween through thanksgiving and deranged december until roughly mid january, not one goon among us is undisturbed irl

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Outside of dealing with UPS I'm doing well.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

A trans goon posted a banme over the FYAD thing. cool, cool, cool

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Antivehicular posted:

Golly gee, why might a trans poster be upset right now? That sure is a real hum-dinger but I bet if you put on your thinking cap you might just be able to figure it out!

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Who What Now posted:

Its :airquote:ironic:airquote: 4chan style shock humor. All the actually funny posters from there left for Twitter years ago, but they still try and pretend that there are some good ones around. They can't give you any examples of good posters, but they swear they exist.

I enjoy people publicly demonstrating that they don't get FYAD.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Who What Now posted:

Nah, there's good stuff in there I think. I found the dionysis takeover to be pleasant. The problem is that the idea that FYAD has its own culture that shouldn't be tampered with just because it's different has mutated into it becoming a safe space for unacceptable behavior. This issue is compounded by the fact that the FYAD culture is very heavy on irony (which is to bigotry as warm damp places are to mold) and a history of people bearing weird grudges has made it easy for bad actors to dismiss legitimate complaints. I don't agree with the idea of nuking FYAD from orbit, but its status as being some independent entity not beholden to the rules or standards of the rest of the forums must end.

Snow Cone Capone posted:

A trans goon posted a banme over the FYAD thing. cool, cool, cool

And this is why. What we have here is a decision to make. Do we want to drive off the people who find humor in assembling and posting weird, hosed up infographics about transphobic pseudoscience, or do we allow them to stay and drive off trans posters who don't want to post on a forum that tolerates that poo poo? I know where I stand.

Antivehicular posted:

I don't blame them for being mad but, at the risk of coming off as patronizing, I hope they have stepped away from the forums for the day.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Rectal Death Adept posted:

This poo poo gets posted constantly but to date I don't think anybody has followed this up with what their own, obviously correct view of fyad is so it's an extremely wimpy burn tbqh

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Snow Cone Capone posted:

This poo poo gets posted constantly but to date I don't think anybody has followed this up with what their own, obviously correct view of fyad is so it's an extremely wimpy burn tbqh

Sorry, to clarify i was making fun of this

FactsAreUseless posted:

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Snow Cone Capone posted:

The only thing to "get" there is mental illness. That's what you're seeing in there and actually why FYAD is inscrutable to everyone normal. Big surprise that the place that invented internet griefing a bajillion years ago attracted actual psychopaths, the sort of crazies who enjoy online astroturfing and manipulative bullying of unsuspecting people as a hobby. They're genuinely funny and charming psychopaths.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

i view sa as a city or an ecological community in perfect harmony. my opinion on fyad is that it is its own sphere, like the invertebrates, and performs strange but vital functions for our forums ecosystem. however, it's good that other marginalised communities within the forum still feel able to call the fyads out with more-or-less the support of the wider grey community, because within fyad there is a bizarre internal moderation where only posters with the perfect vibe can be allowed to remain and the infiltrators who use irony to disguise the real hatred in their hearts are driven out, and this balance must be maintained at all costs or something awful will shrivel and die from within. qcs, the natural enemies of fyad, are always on alert for attacks on the fyads, which are sometimes warranted (this recent transphobia debate was necessary) and sometimes not (calling for fyad to be destroyed after the careful drums reveal); warranted or unwarranted, qcs joins the battle with their superior numbers and visibility, and an ideological civil war ensues. during this time, gestures are exchanged and lessons learnt by everybody. although they will never admit it, the elders of fyad do listen to the grey outsiders sometimes and hopefully in this case they will take to heart the grievances of the trans community, as this is required for the ongoing purification of their mysterious culture. once the dispute reaches its peak, it is settled ceremoniously in the traditional way, with the ritual sacrifice of raspy and the death and rebirth of fau

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
FYAD

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
drat im just getting caught up but that death ray guy owning himself by not being able to stop being a racist idiot for even one single post is pretty hilarious, so thank you thread for bringing it to my attention

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

fauna posted:

i view sa as a city or an ecological community in perfect harmony. my opinion on fyad is that it is its own sphere, like the invertebrates, and performs strange but vital functions for our forums ecosystem.

Like what?

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

fyad

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
I mean I don't have a beef with FYAD or any history, I just hate psychopaths and I think I've seen enough threads manipulated into a consensus by the same names who post in this FYAD thread that for a while I've felt comfortable with putting a label on it. They brag about it in there where practically no one reads.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

invertebrates digest rotting plant matter and the poo poo of the forest into rich, abundant loam

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I'm keeping an eye on this thread. Just remember this isn't QCS and absolutely not the place for open hostility. You've got other outlets if you've got beefs; PYF is not an arena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
puts trident and fishing net back in the box