Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How would you rate Kimetsu no Yaiba?
Excellent
Good
Fine
Meh
Bad
Awful
View Results

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

There goes Tanjiro's modeling career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
im glad that the author still put a funny panel in the middle of a very tense conflict

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
This takes care of Muzan avoiding the Sun.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Tanjirou, no! :ohdear: Also, poor Yushiro. :cry:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It'd be neat if the author went back and filled out more of the story afterwards like One Punch Man's redraw but I know that poo poo's just not feasible at all. I just hope that once we're done with this the story starts to mellow out and it's just lower stakes demon hunting and interacting with all the people we've met along the way. I mean, we didn't get to know Rengoku and Muichiro for very long so I'd love to hear more about them. Also, holy poo poo, if Tanjirou had understood every lesson his dad tried to teach him he'd be like Helck or something.

I've got a lot of (Dumb) predictions here on how this fight is gonna play out. First thing, at some point Nezuko's gonna show up and get the absolute mess beaten out of her when she does. Whether it's that human transformation medicine weakening her or just that Muzan is too powerful I dunno but she's not gonna do well.

She gets eaten, he celebrates his victory as Tanjirou and the remaining Hashira/Inosuke/Zenitsu all launch an assault on him and eventually as they begin to break down in the process he starts having spasms and suddenly bursts in to flames from Nezuko's Demon Blood Art. My thought is that she's resisted eating/drinking any humans/their blood up till now and the first and, pulling a Genya, the only thing she eats is Muzan.

I do hope that Ufotable pads things out more in the manga like they did with the drum demon shifting the room all over. It kinda feels like muscular Nezuko only occurred at the beginning and then never again. I was really sad that never happened during a fight before she got her oni-horn transformation look.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

RareAcumen posted:

Also, holy poo poo, if Tanjirou had understood every lesson his dad tried to teach him he'd be like Helck or something.

Yeah I assume he had been practicing the dance at home before the story started he just didn't realize it was a sword style until later.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

What i think is
Well remember how the dance of the fire god is done for the length of an entire night

The 13th form in never running out of breath

They spend so long fighting Muzan that Tanjirou has to perform the full dance until the sun rises again.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
New one.
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba-chapter-183/chapter/19557?action=read

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I'm...Not a moron.

"Okay"

:dogcited:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I can almost imagine HanaKana voicing Kanroji there with her more extreme tonal shifts and it's probably going to get wilder. :mmmhmm:

Also, a strange idea came into mind: Given how it's very very likely that the anime is going to continue beyond the Demon Train Arc's movie adaptation, I wondered for a hot second there if the casting director(s) for the anime would be down for getting actual siblings for the Upper Moon 6 pair? I keep trying to remember names, but the only VA's which are relatively famous that come to mind are Chika Anzai & Jun'ya Enoki (cousins), Miyuki & Chiharu Sawashiro and Maaya & Yuuma Uchida (brother and sister).

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Grouchio posted:

I'm...Not a moron.

"Okay"

:dogcited:

I STG if they kill Kanroji for real :argh:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I just figured out why Kanroji's silly face seems so familiar: Clara from Iruma-kun.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I mean, I'm new to reading the manga but just in case anyone else didn't know about it, there's a colored version that's also updating since chapter 140.

https://mangadex.org/title/32905/kimetsu-no-yaiba-digital-colored-comics

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

New chapter; pretty sloppy quality, but it's readable.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/754610

This is escalating very quickly.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well this is bad. He got a fatal amount of blood. Which means if he does survive he will turn into a Demon.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well this is bad. He got a fatal amount of blood. Which means if he does survive he will turn into a Demon.

Given how Nezuko's demon transformation from Muzan's blood was so different, presumably if Tanjiro became a demon he would be similar. It would be some funny symmetry if the series ended with Nezuko becoming human and Tanjiro being a demon. Who knows though, maybe he has another flashback on the verge of death and remembers the final form of the Fire God's dance which purges Muzan's blood.
Whatever's next it's quite the cliffhanger.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

He just has to use RippleBreathing until sunrise so the vampiredemon cells get killed off.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
This also probably will let him regrow his eye.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Lurking Haro posted:

He just has to use RippleBreathing until sunrise so the vampiredemon cells get killed off.

There's no way the sun does anything. Motherfucker is about to turn his left hand into a squirrel.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Like I know he's the MC but :ohdear:

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Wark Say posted:

Like I know he's the MC but :ohdear:

So was Jonathan

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

4 ways this could go, that I can think of.

• Tanjirou dies, the end.
  • Tanjirou becomes a demon. The second one shown to use breaths no less.
  • Nezuko fights off the demon cure and uses her Blood Demon Art to burn Muzan's blood out of him
  • Nezuko gives Tanjirou a blood transfusion to turn him into the same kind of unique demon offshoot that she is. Complete with Sunlight endurance action!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

doomrider7 posted:

So was Jonathan

Tanjiro's going out the same way, isn't he? Just holding on to his enemy while the means to kill him, kills both of them.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Honestly I would like Tanjirou to become a sunlight-immune demon somehow not because it would make him stronger or anything but just because I want to see Muzan loving lose it and have a screaming tantrum in front of all the pillars.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Pierson posted:

Honestly I would like Tanjirou to become a sunlight-immune demon somehow not because it would make him stronger or anything but just because I want to see Muzan loving lose it and have a screaming tantrum in front of all the pillars.
And also so he can make Kanao his wife, right?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Y'know, I don't think we've seen a single character in this manga that could use a breath style that wasn't- aside from the first guy who created it and Upper Moon 1 demon- part of Tanjirou's group or a Hashira or former Hashira. No wonder they're doing so well so far.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Chapter 185

I totally forgot that Urokodaki was watching her.

I feel like this manga would've gone wildly different if he'd added in a command to try and remember her humanity or something like that.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

RareAcumen posted:

4 ways this could go, that I can think of.

• Tanjirou dies, the end.
  • Tanjirou becomes a demon. The second one shown to use breaths no less.
  • Nezuko fights off the demon cure and uses her Blood Demon Art to burn Muzan's blood out of him
  • Nezuko gives Tanjirou a blood transfusion to turn him into the same kind of unique demon offshoot that she is. Complete with Sunlight endurance action!

zenitsu's training partner dude was using lightning breaths as a demon too, demon tanjy would be the third

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Professorjuggalo posted:

zenitsu's training partner dude was using lightning breaths as a demon too, demon tanjy would be the third

Oh right, duh. Shocked that he didn't leave a bigger impression on me.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Chapter 185

I totally forgot that Urokodaki was watching her.

I feel like this manga would've gone wildly different if he'd added in a command to try and remember her humanity or something like that.

sometimes I wonder what this series would be if nezuko was a real character and not a mascot/macguffin

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

sometimes I wonder what this series would be if nezuko was a real character and not a mascot/macguffin

Probably less popular but so it goes. I've come to accept that nezuko will be forever limited by plot reasons from achieving her full potential as a character.

I did have fun along the journey though.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Alder posted:

Probably less popular but so it goes. I've come to accept that nezuko will be forever limited by plot reasons from achieving her full potential as a character.

I did have fun along the journey though.

Reading through the manga after the anime ended, my biggest disappointment was realizing Nezuko would never get to have her own arc/sidestory.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

At least she's getting to do something now, though I agree she was really underused.

One thing I forgot but picked up going through earlier chapters was that the wife of the Kamado ancestor who saved the breath of the sun guy was also always sleeping.

ATP_Power fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Dec 1, 2019

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
While I'm invested in KnY, honestly what I'm kinda pumped to see is what Gotouge does next after learning through the making on this manga, because like Tanjiro and his gang are gonna get big, but I honestly think that Gotouge is going to pull something even more badass/huge with their next work.

e: Grammar, since Gotouge mentioned it in an interview.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Dec 3, 2019

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Just saw this anime, binged it over the week.

I don't really even like most anime (I find most of it really cringy) but this show was loving awesome. It avoided most of what I hate about anime and is something I could mostly recommend to normal human beings to watch. Very good stuff

The animation, music and characters are great. The only thing I dislike about it is how scream-y the yellow lightning guy gets at times. It's just on the edge of "too much"

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

It's a great adaptation, but this is the manga thread so beware of spoilers, the anime thread's probably gonna be pretty dead till to the movie comes out (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3886585).

Zenitsu mellows out a bit but he's on the line of 'too much' for me too, but it makes his standout moments that much better. He's just a long suffering, mostly normal guy in the company of a bunch of total madmen.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Murata's back!

Also heavily seconding the sentiment that I'm looking forward to their next work.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba-chapter-186/chapter/19688?action=read

New chapter

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
so the earrings are the sun. adds fuel to the imperial flag fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

When was it ever in doubt that it was the sun